HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYI/ANA Trade] Lubomir Visnovsky to NYI for 2013 2nd rounder

Old
09-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
Very happy something went right for this team for once, and that Vis's agent clarified that it had nothing to do with the Isles which makes me even happier. The last thing this team needs is a vet that doesn't want to play here...though Nabokov was that guy and he ended up loving it here

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:18 AM
rikker

glad it's over too. hopefully, Vis plays with heart, and the Isles can trade him at the deadline, for a late 1st rounder (BOS maybe?).

given the scenario for the Isles, this is the best option, IMO. well, best option is a cup, but this is the best 'realistic' option...

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:21 AM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
glad it's over too. hopefully, Vis plays with heart, and the Isles can trade him at the deadline, for a late 1st rounder (BOS maybe?).

given the scenario for the Isles, this is the best option, IMO. well, best option is a cup, but this is the best 'realistic' option...
I was thinking the Flyers but either would be a fantastic scenario. I definitely agree with your logic.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Which he did to himself when he accepted a trade. My point is this was business, not personal. So saying the Ducks did something bad is just wrong.
Shrewd isn't a bad thing, don't know why you attacked me somewhat. And he actually did nothing wrong at all. LA traded him before his extension came into effect and that nullified his NTC.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Shrewd isn't a bad thing, don't know why you attacked me somewhat. And he actually did nothing wrong at all. LA traded him before his extension came into effect and that nullified his NTC.
Not attacking just being honest.

Shrewd is normally taken as a bad thing. Like being cold and calculated to the point of selfish. I dont think that is how the Ducks handled this.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:16 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
Very happy something went right for this team for once, and that Vis's agent clarified that it had nothing to do with the Isles which makes me even happier. The last thing this team needs is a vet that doesn't want to play here...though Nabokov was that guy and he ended up loving it here
I wouldn't say Nabokov loved it in Long Island. Lol nobody would have offered him anywhere close to $2.75 million if he hit free agency. I think he knew that.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Here's hoping to a big year from Lubo. It would be nice to see the Islanders in the playoffs again.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:15 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
for me this was also a non-issue. Lubo had been traded twice previously under his current contract and the clause did not kick in until July 1st 2012. This was the NHLPA causing trouble

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:10 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If I was a player I would just wait until the NTC was active before signing a contract......
how in gods name can the no trade clause in your contract be active if YOU HAVENT SIGNED THE CONTRACT YET??!!

without any shadow of a doubt, that is the dumbest sentence ever posted on this site.

welcome to long island lubo......we are glad youre here.

( and this crap is finally over )

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
n0rthstar

The guy nearly put up 70 points less than 2 years ago and he gets moved for a 2nd? I know hes on the down swing of his career but im still a little puzzled at how someone else didnt offer up more for his services.

n0rthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:34 PM
n0rthstar

Anaheim must have something else brewing, it just doesnt compute, obviously they need the cap space for something big, whether it be a trade or resigning.

n0rthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
Anaheim must have something else brewing, it just doesnt compute, obviously they need the cap space for something big, whether it be a trade or resigning.
Not really. We already used the money to add size and physicality on our back end in Souray and Allen. That was a need (moreso than Lubo's puckmoving), and that was addressed after the trade.

Sure, Lubo had a great year a year ago, but at his age, coming off a bad season after a serious injury, I don't think you can expect much more. Then there's the question of whether we'll even have a season, which probably holds many GMs back from making any kind of investment in players signed for just this one season, right now.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
They moved a small skilled player for cash to sign size. Plain and simple. No secrets about it.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:39 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post

I think being in the mix all season, for one of the lower playoff seeds is the best 'realistic' option.

I'm not hoping to see Vis dealt, but to see him help make the NYI a legitmate playoff contender.

I'm sure there will be plenty of snickering over my post
But, to quote one recent preseason article : the Isles turnaround will come mid-chuckle.

Last edited by spiny norman: 09-14-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: fixed [/B][/QUOTE]
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:40 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Here's hoping to a big year from Lubo. It would be nice to see the Islanders in the playoffs again.
I feel like the Isles are more than just a Lubo away from the playoffs, especially with the loss of PAP

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:47 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I feel like the Isles are more than just a Lubo away from the playoffs, especially with the loss of PAP
I'm not playing down the loss of Parenteau's 67 pts, but I am confident after seeing the chemistry between Moulson/Tavares/Okposo in Jan + the last 3-4 games in April, that Okposo will slide right onto that line and they will do well.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm not playing down the loss of Parenteau's 67 pts, but I am confident after seeing the chemistry between Moulson/Tavares/Okposo in Jan + the last 3-4 games in April, that Okposo will slide right onto that line and they will do well.
I think we will see Okposo with Bailey on the 2nd line. I'm pretty confident that whoever we stick with Tavares and Moulson will be productive, and since Bailey and Okposo seem to work well together I'd rather keep them both on the 2nd line.

I'm sure Boyes will get a long look on the 1st line, and if he doesn't work out I would guess we'll see some experiments with some of our young wingers(Nino, Grabner, Kabanov, Persson, maybe even Martin or Nelson), or the Isles will reach into their deep prospect system and look at the trade market. I could see any of Iginla, Pavelski or Ryan being available at some point next year. Considering the amount of youth already at the NHL level, the Islanders could put a package together of Nelson, deHaan and a 1st without really mortgaging much(if any) of the future.

My guess is we'll see something resembling this lineup if there is a season this year:

Moulson - Tavares - Boyes
Bailey - Strome - Okposo
Nino - Nielsen - Grabner
Martin - Cizikas - Ullstrom

Personally, I like the make-up of this lineup. Potential for 3 scoring lines. Very tough/fiesty 4th line. Even if Boyes doesn't pan out, we'll have a lot of options to consider. Should be a fun year. Hopefully we'll get a chance to enjoy it.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Islander Prophet

Visnovsky will help us much more than people think, and if the season actually gets under way, we will come out of this trade greatly better than we used to be!

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
No, its called business. If Lubo wanted a full NTC/NMC then he should have taken less nmoney and gotten it through his whole contract.
He did. Then the Kings screwed him. Completely.

The Ducks did nothing wrong here, it was the Kings.

And you don't know how much it pains me to say that

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I think we will see Okposo with Bailey on the 2nd line. I'm pretty confident that whoever we stick with Tavares and Moulson will be productive, and since Bailey and Okposo seem to work well together I'd rather keep them both on the 2nd line.

I'm sure Boyes will get a long look on the 1st line, and if he doesn't work out I would guess we'll see some experiments with some of our young wingers(Nino, Grabner, Kabanov, Persson, maybe even Martin or Nelson), or the Isles will reach into their deep prospect system and look at the trade market. I could see any of Iginla, Pavelski or Ryan being available at some point next year. Considering the amount of youth already at the NHL level, the Islanders could put a package together of Nelson, deHaan and a 1st without really mortgaging much(if any) of the future.

My guess is we'll see something resembling this lineup if there is a season this year:

Moulson - Tavares - Boyes
Bailey - Strome - Okposo
Nino - Nielsen - Grabner
Martin - Cizikas - Ullstrom

Personally, I like the make-up of this lineup. Potential for 3 scoring lines. Very tough/fiesty 4th line. Even if Boyes doesn't pan out, we'll have a lot of options to consider. Should be a fun year. Hopefully we'll get a chance to enjoy it.
I'm expecting for the isles to take a whoever produces the most alongside JT, gets to play alongside JT approach.

and I think we'll see Nino in the AHL, with Joensuu in Nino's bottom six role.

Old
09-14-2012, 03:21 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm expecting for the isles to take a whoever produces the most alongside JT, gets to play alongside JT approach.

and I think we'll see Nino in the AHL, with Joensuu in Nino's bottom six role.
If there's a season I don't see Nino not making the team. I've been a big fan of his since his WJC performance before he was drafted, and have followed him very closely since the Isles took him in 2010. He's probably one of, if not our hardest working prospect right now. I've read in a couple of different places that the kid's been busting his ass this offseason, preparing himself for the NHL this year. I don't think he will allow the Islanders to send him to the AHL.

Considering how good he looked before the injury last year, I'm pretty confident that if he's put with players like Nielsen and Grabner getting 3rd line minutes, he will excell.

Sidenote: If Boyes doesn't work out with Tavares, I'd love to see Nino get a look. I'm a lot higher on this kid than most, I suppose.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote