HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 08:45 AM
tujague

vCash: 500
PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Handball is coming soon!
Handball? Yes. Handball. It's like soccer, except you use your hands to throw a smaller ball. Into a lacross style net. And it's played on a basketball court. It's the platypus of sports

The Handball Beta will be commencing soonish. I expect that to go pretty quickly since this is their 3rd sport. The hockey Alpha/Beta lasted so long that I lost interest in the project and missed the launch.

PPM have shot a COMMERCIAL! Apparently there will be three of these. And they will actually air on TV?!? In Slovakia, I presume.

The second COMMERCIAL! I'd love to see these on TV

And here's number three. How many other sims like this have commercials? I know they're only airing in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, but that's still pretty insane.

Part I - January 2009 - January 2010
Part II - January 2010 - March 2010
Part III - March 2010 - July 2010
Part IV - July 2010 - January 2011
Part V - January 2011 - August 2011
Part VI - August 2011 - February 2012
Part VII February 2012 - September 2012

The Basic Set Up
PowerPlayManager, or PPM, is a browser based simulation. It's completely free to play, but you can buy a ProPack to support the game. Which will also make a bunch of things easier, adds some graphical flair, cuts out most advertising, etc. But no actual in game advantage.

Currently we're playing hockey and soccer. Handball is coming soon(?). Yes. I said Handball. We think they're going with Handball because it's a similar team sport to hockey/soccer. It'll be easier to get that type of game up to speed. And apparently Handball is a huge sport in the countries where PPM is most popular. Once they get those three up to acceptable levels, we're hoping they add F1 or tennis or something very different for the next sport.

You get to name your own team and stadium/arena. The games use fake players. They're randomly generated by each team's Sports Academy. Every week you get 1 to 4 or 5 players depending on the level of your SA. Each country has their own name database, so you won't see anything too weird. You create your own lines and training schedules, decide who takes free kicks and corners in soccer, or Penalty shots in hockey. Hockey also has different line tactics for even strength and special teams.

Hockey is a very good game. Solid rules and execution. They seem to add new stuff every season or two. Soccer is a bit raw. They had some problems with the main soccer programmer moving to another job. So the development slowed down a bit while the new guy got familiar with the code. They're back on track and new things are being added every season.

Oh, I forgot about the National Teams. Each season in hockey, someone is elected to run the NT. They pick the players and schedule friendlies during the season. In the last two weeks of each season, the hockey World Championships are played. I think there's three divisions. Countries vie to host them each season. Unfortunately some countries started doing ridiculous bids (actual trophies and other crazy ish), and that seems to have turned off a lot of countries. They don't get as many bids as they used to. I don't think the US has submitted a bid in several seasons. But it's still a cool idea The World Cup in soccer will happen every four seasons just like real life, and their will be other tourneys in the off years. Or something like that. They're still working on that stuff. (National teams have been added in soccer. Our own Obryantj has been the NT manager for a few seasons and has us ranked 9th. That's very good. The US is a relatively small country in these games.)

Both games are set up like European leagues. The top league in each country is I.1. That's league level one (I), and division one (.1). The next level is II.1 through II.4. There's 4 divisions in league II. There's 16 divisions in league III. Then 64 IV divisions. The idea is to win your league to promote to the next highest league. If you finish in second, you get to play someone from the higher league for the right to play in the higher league next season.

When you get your team, you will start in one of the lower levels. That's so you don't get your ass pounded by the more established teams. You'll probably still get pounded by the good teams in lower leagues, but you'll also face a lot of equal competition. Don't get freaked out by losing. This is not the franchise mode in NHL11 or 12 or whatever EA is on. This is a marathon. Seasons last 112 days, so odds are you will start in the middle of a season. Games are played at Noon est for all games in hockey and it varies for soccer. In the US/Canada, they're played at 4:30 est. That's the daily update. It includes the matches and updated standings. The nightly update starts around 11pm est, and lasts an hour or so. This is when injuries are reported, contracts are renewed, training occurs, player suspensions in soccer, etc.

The Infrastructure
Your stadium is divided into 8 sections. You can add seats, snack bars, fan shops, restaurants, press boxes & skyboxes. You can also upgrade the type of seats. You start with benches and work your way up to Triple Floor Multifunctional. There's also Ice/Pitch Quality, Parking Lots, Sound & Scoreboard upgrades. You can even paint your ice.

You also have 7 facilities. These include:
*Training (self explanatory. Massively important.)
*Regeneration (helps players regain energy so they can train better)
*Human Resources (helps scout players better/faster, and helps get better sponsor offers)
Maintenance (Helps with security and lowers daily expenses. Not important at all.)
Education Center (Training for staff members. Staff are too expensive, so ignore this for the most part.)
*Sports Academy (You get new youth every week. Better academy means more pulls and possibly higher OverallRating(OR))
Medical Center (Cuts down number of injuries and shortens time it takes to heal.)

The Staff
Each of these facilities can have two staff who will boost the facilities effectiveness. But you have to be careful. Staff salaries can get very high. I would almost recommend not using staff until you have good young players to take advantage of them. The ones with the * are known as the Big Four. They are the most important and should be built asap.

A bit more on the staff. I cannot put too much emphasis on their salaries. It's paid daily and can get ridiculously high ridiculously fast. Here's the staff salary formula:
I.1- 0.1*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
II- 0.095*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
III- 0.090*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
IV- 0.085*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
V- 0.080*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
Here' the cost for staff in I.1:
--Weaker staff with OR around 33/27 cost under 6k per day, 650k total per staff per season.
--Average staff with around 50/50 OR is 25k each day, 5.5M total per season.
--Staff with OR around 71/66 cost 65k each day, 7.3M total per season.
--Stud staff will be 95/95 & 95/95. 170k each, 19M per staff per season.

Staff is not something I usually check very often, so it can easily sneak up on you. We've all reached the point where we can't afford to pay top staff. Several of us have basically given our staff away for pennies so we can afford to keep building. I just cut out 400K in daily staff salary. That's almost 3M per week, 45M per season. My players will train slightly worse, but at least now I can continue to build facilities/stadium. If you're not building you're dying alive.

The Players
Players are probably the most confusing thing to new players. You have to remember that your players are just numbers. Some numbers can change, some can not. I'm going to break a player's page down for you. If something doesn't make sense, just ask.

The Overall Rating, or OR, is just all of the players attributes (offense, defense, shot, technique, speed, etc) added up. This changes almost daily as your players train.

The Average Quality, or AQ, is all of the attributes' qualities averaged. Qualities are maybe the most important thing when judging players. like I said, each attribute has it's own quality. That quality(Q) will determine how well that player trains that attribute for the rest of his career. Equally important is having the right Qs for each position. D-men need Defense, Pass, Tech & Aggr. A player with good Qs (75+) in those four attributes would be a great d-man. There's also something other managers have made up called the Effective Quality. That averages the Qs of the attributes used by the players position. So you wouldn't include the goalie Q when figuring the EQ of a winger.

An example:
Winger A has Qs of 70G/70D/70O/70S/70P/70T/70A
That's an AQ of 70, and an EQ of 70.
Winger B has Qs of 5G/10D/95O/95S/95P/95T/95A
That's an AQ of 70, but an EQ of 95.

Judging them by AQs means you have a couple of nice players. Judging by EQs you have one nice player and one of the best forwards in the game.

I have some players with AQs in the 70s who never play unless everyone is in camp. On the other hand, I also have a 58AQ who has been starting for 7 seasons. He seems like a crappy player, right? But his EQ is actually around 75.

Career Longevity (CL or C/L) is how long that player will be effective. A player with a CL of 6/6 will train much better than someone with 3/6. Each player's CL can change at the beginning of each season. I think you can get the same CL for 4 seasons, but it could change in as few as 2. Injuries can also lower CL faster.

Preferred side should be obvious. A player with a PS of Left isn't necessarily left-handed, but he (duh!) prefers to play on the left side. Play him on the right side and he isn't as effective. I think it drops by 10%. Maybe 20%.

Popularity can be increased by being one of the 3 stars, on the team of the day/season, or finish in the top5/10 at the end of the season.

Salary is paid every day! I repeat: SALARY IS PAID EVERYDAY! Player salaries are a lot less than staff salaries, but I figured now would be a good time to remind you that staff salaries are ridiculous

Energy has two parts. Before the / is the current energy. It goes down after games, and is replenished during the nighttime update/training. After the / is the seasonal energy. Play a whole game with Very High Importance and seasonal energy drops by 2 points. Once seasonal energy drops, it can't be replenished during the season. It will be reset back to 100 when a new season starts. If your players have low energy, they start to play much worse.

Chemistry slowly goes up as the player plays games. It's a long process, but 100% chemistry helps your players play better.

Now we get to the attributes. Each one is set up the same. The first, bigger number is the actual attribute. The second, smaller green number is the Quality. The number below that in parenthesis is the how much the player needs to train to increase the attribute. So a (0.51) needs to train 49% the next night to increase the attribute by 1 point.

That's some basic basics. If you have any questions, just ask. That's why we're here.

I just did this as fast as possible. If anyone sees anything wrong with this stuff, please let me know. Or come up with something better

Last edited by tujague: 05-01-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM
tujague

Here's what I'm working on for the HFB Player List. If you're not on the list, sent me a link or something. I know I'm missing some people, but that's what you get for not being my friend),

Canada
NT
Hockey
Lg

Soccer
Lg
beetbout
-
III.2

III.6
canucks357
Captain
II.4

II.4--
JoshLind
-
III.3

---
---
neksys
-
III.3

---
---
oldtymehockey
-
II.1

I.1+
PMullings
-
II.3

---
---
saint2e
-
II.2

II.1--
Stan7777
-
III.8

---
---
Temm
-
II.3

---
---
---
-
---
---

---
---
---
-
---
---

---
---

United States
NT
Hockey
Lg

Soccer
Lg
doug5984
-
II.3++

I.1++
fizban
-
II.2

II.4
kytihu
-
III.2

II.1++
Obryantj
HLP
I.1++
NT
I.1
redcard(ngrover)
-
II.3

I.1
Ruthra (semajruthra)
-
II.4

---
---
tujague
HLP
II.1--

I.1
---
-
---
---

---
---
---
-
---
---

---
---

Other World
Country
Hockey
Lg

Soccer
Lg
Blue Blooded (aka AFant)
SWE
II.3++

---
---
Emerald **MOD
IRL
I.1

I.1
Jevo(klausjess)
DK
II.1

---
---
Korppu
FI
III.8

---
---
SaunaCrew(keeptdos)
FI
III.1

---
---
suprvilce
SLV
III.3

---
---
trueblue55
AUS
I.1

I.1
vlady **STR
SVK
III.2

IV.4

-
---
---

---
---

-
---
---

---
---

Interesting Links
trueblue has a nice website with some interesting articles for both hockey and soccer. Lots of good info.

The PPM Eyrie - This is a manager who spent quite a bit of time figuring out what has become known as the tactics wheel. He's done some other stuff, but this is the important bit.
Normal -> Defensive -> Offensive -> Active Forechecking -> Counter Attacks -> Breaking Up -> Normal

Normal beats Defensive, Defensive beats Offensive, etc. You're not guaranteed a win, but playing the proper counter can give your team a big leg up.

Added based on Saint2e's preliminary data. Will update when possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post

To interpret your data and combine it with the fact we've been told it is cyclical (one beats another loses to another and is neutral to the other) we are left with:

Shooting vs Passive
Umbrella vs Active
Overload vs Diamond

Active vs Shooting
Diamond vs Umbrella
Passive vs Overload
Here's a very interesting Guide for new players from KnucklePuck
Quote:
Knuckle's guide to success for PPM newbies
-------------------------------------------------

If you play division 1 the only goal is to win cups while keeping the income vs costs balanced. If you play in lower leagues (as a rookie you always start in the lower divisions), the goal is to maximise profit.

Step1:

For a rookie the only way to be successfull is to buy old well trained players (cheap guys around 10-50k $) on the market to make your team competive enough for the lowest leage level.

Step 2: Arena

Build it to medium/large stands. Keep it there. Once you get 100 Mil plus from sponsors, start upgrading to tripple multi.

Step 3: Facilities

Training/ Regeneration Facility: You don't need it because you don't have good young players to train anyway.

Sports Academy: The further the game proceeds the higher the number of players pulled into the system every week, meaning it becomes more and more difficult to pull decent prospects on lower levels (1-10). In season 2 and 3 you could pull superstars with level 5/6. It's almost impossible now, as the chance to pull talented prospects (not the quality just the chance) depends on the level of the academy. The system will even out a bit, when more teams have their academy built to level 15. Don't build it!

Education Center: You don't even need to know what staff is until your facilities reach level 10/11.

Medical Center: You wou won't have good players in foreseeable future. It doesn't matter if your players get hurt. Keep it at level 1.

Maintanance Center: Depends on arena and HR Department.

HR Department. Prime facility to build. The extra income in sponsor money will put you into position to build the other facilities.

Summary

Buy veteran players, build HR department and arena first. As the maintainance costs go up, build maintenance center. Each level of maintainance center saves 2% facility and arena costs.
Result: high income and very low costs as you don't have to maintain the other facilites and pay for staff.
Upgrade your team with veterans every now and then to keep your team competitive enough. Players that cost 100k today will cost 10k tommorrow. But keep an eye on their wages. Once you have a full arena and HR at level 12/13 only then start building the other facilities. Hire staff when your facilities reach level 10/11.

Good luck.
I'm not sure how I feel about some of his more interesting choices, but I can understand why he's doing it. I don't think you'll screw anything up if you do follow his lead. I especially love his advice about avoiding staff at all costs. Their salaries are way too high for their limited impact on crappy facilities.

Anything else needs to go here?

Last edited by tujague: 05-01-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old
09-14-2012, 08:47 AM
tujague

Quote:
Must be nice. Stop complaining!
My daily fees are approaching 250K per day. That's a million dollars every 4 days. Almost 2M each week! Even though the economy is so broken that my miserable team is making over 30M each week, I can't afford that for much longer. I seriously need someone's opinion on this whole thing. Wanna be my sitter for a bit? Just to go through this lineup and tell me what you would do?

Old
09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Previous thread...
I haven't decided yet how I want to play the NC game, do I try to win- 2 of my top defenders are out this game. Or do I just go VL save the energy and go home happy with my long run. The most important thing to me this season is winning enough games to avoid the relegation round in I.1, and right now I haven't done that... so I'll try to figure it out around lunch time. I just have no clue right now.

My SA hasn't been doing anything lately- the last player I kept who was worth a damn was 50 days ago and he's a decent SM. 113 days ago I had a G and CM prospect I was able to keep and both are looking pretty good, but 50 days between keeper pulls isn't what I want to see. Before that I was getting someone worth keeping about once a month. (This is in soccer)

In hockey I had 6 pulls from last season that are still on the team, and a couple are pretty solid young wingers which I am very weak at so that helps a lot. 4 in soccer from last season, 5 the year before (but a couple are great prospects)

Old
09-14-2012, 10:06 AM
doug5984

Oh yeah, if you want to update the player list at the top I am in II.3 in hockey (Louisiana Cyclones) and I.1 for soccer (Baton Rouge Bombers)

Old
09-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Oh yeah, if you want to update the player list at the top I am in II.3 in hockey (Louisiana Cyclones) and I.1 for soccer (Baton Rouge Bombers)
New thread!!

FYI, I am no longer the Dublin Ravens

Hockey = Dublin Kings H.C.
Football = Dublin Kings F.C.

Old
09-14-2012, 11:47 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
New thread!!

FYI, I am no longer the Dublin Ravens

Hockey = Dublin Kings H.C.
Football = Dublin Kings F.C.
Why the name change?

Old
09-14-2012, 11:51 AM
tujague

Players List is updated, Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Quote:
I haven't decided yet how I want to play the NC game, do I try to win- 2 of my top defenders are out this game. Or do I just go VL save the energy and go home happy with my long run. The most important thing to me this season is winning enough games to avoid the relegation round in I.1, and right now I haven't done that... so I'll try to figure it out around lunch time. I just have no clue right now.
It's hard, isn't it, when your team won't/can't do what you expect them to do If I was in your situation, and knew what I know about my team, I would go for it. But I have zero faith in my team right now. There's zero consistency this season. Nothing has really gone as expected. Our game could easily go either way. Then you have to worry about your team, too. Maybe that's more important. I don't know. FWIW, I'm playing on Normal/Normal.

Old
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
My daily fees are approaching 250K per day. That's a million dollars every 4 days. Almost 2M each week! Even though the economy is so broken that my miserable team is making over 30M each week, I can't afford that for much longer. I seriously need someone's opinion on this whole thing. Wanna be my sitter for a bit? Just to go through this lineup and tell me what you would do?
Well i can't help you really since i'm more of a newbie to the game (started in season 11 on 4/112, May 17th 2012), but 250k per day? I searched your team on ppm and how can you say this is alot? And you make over 30M per week? I make about 5M per week from sponsors and maybe a good 1M from tickets per week and i am currently at about 117k expenses per day and i'm not really complaining . I remember just a month ago my daily expenses were about 55k and that seemed alot for me, but i bought some veterans to help me be a little competitive in my new league until my facilities are build enough so i can push for the II. league. So those 2M agaist 30M is like pocket change to you

Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about some of his more interesting choices, but I can understand why he's doing it. I don't think you'll screw anything up if you do follow his lead. I especially love his advice about avoiding staff at all costs. Their salaries are way too high for their limited impact on crappy facilities.

Anything else needs to go here?
Now as i said i'm a newbie to this game, but my plan is to build the facilities up as quickly as possible, because just buying players won't do me any good if i can't train them. If my calculations about my finances are correct, i will have 3 facilities being lvl 9 and already building them to lvl 10 when i enter season 13. The faster i can begint to efficiently train my players then it will make sens to buy younger player with more potential and get better, and arena capcacity increase will come with time. For now i'm just trying to be in the middle of my league until i'm ready to push for the playoffs in a season or two.

Old
09-14-2012, 01:50 PM
doug5984

So what are the thoughts on staff salaries at this point? I'm paying around $400k per day, and that seems like a complete waste of money. I'm spending 200k on sporting directors a lone, and I don't think it's worth it because of the random factor of youth pulls.

Old
09-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
Why the name change?
Just for change I guess - got bored looking at an abstract raven

Quote:
So what are the thoughts on staff salaries at this point? I'm paying around $400k per day, and that seems like a complete waste of money. I'm spending 200k on sporting directors a lone, and I don't think it's worth it because of the random factor of youth pulls.
I'm really in somewhat of a quandry regarding staff in both sports.

I've been following along the train of thought in the previous thread that having staff at a lower maximum will cost a lot less but comes with a sacrifice.
That sacrifice is one I'm really struggling to come to terms with - less training for players etc, etc.

In hockey my staff salaries alone cost 2.6million PER DAY!!
All in, my outgoings are around 3.8mill per day.

To be completely honest - staff salaries are way over-inflated.
Something needs to be done in this regard - and not by the managers either.
I think PPM could look hard at the staff expenses - I don't think they reflect on what salaries for real staff members actually are.

I mean if your top player is earning 30k per day - there is no way a staff member should be earning more. NEVER.

Old
09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
tujague

doug, I like staff salaries where they are. The best of the best should be expensive. I actually want player salaries more on par with staff salaries. Korey Buckley, one of the best, most decorated goalies to ever play the game, has only recently started making more than 60k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Well i can't help you really since i'm more of a newbie to the game (started in season 11 on 4/112, May 17th 2012), but 250k per day? I searched your team on ppm and how can you say this is alot? And you make over 30M per week? So those 2M agaist 30M is like pocket change to you
The 250k is just the penalty for having more than 30 players! The problem is I'm paying this because I can't make up my mind on who to keep and who to sell. And I can't sell because of the market fees. But real life has been pretty crappy/annoying lately, and I don't really feel like fixing my problem. So I'm paying this ever-increasing fee because I'm too lazy to fix the problem myself

Quote:
Now as i said i'm a newbie to this game, but my plan is to build the facilities up as quickly as possible, because just buying players won't do me any good if i can't train them. If my calculations about my finances are correct, i will have 3 facilities being lvl 9 and already building them to lvl 10 when i enter season 13. The faster i can begint to efficiently train my players then it will make sens to buy younger player with more potential and get better, and arena capcacity increase will come with time. For now i'm just trying to be in the middle of my league until i'm ready to push for the playoffs in a season or two.
Yeah. That's the road everyone takes. We've all done it and have been relatively successful. And it's what we recommend to every new player because it's the safe thing to do. knucklepuck's plan is interesting because it has the potential to get you more money quicker and in the long run. Building the stadium can lead to massive Media deals. They're worth more than General sponsors once your stadium is maxed (assuming you're pretty successful as well). Admittedly, I haven't done the math to figure out how long it would take to max out your stadium doing it this way (maybe I'll work on it one sleepless night). But I still think building the stadium first while concentrating on keeping costs down (no staff & limited facility construction) and being competitive at the same time (on the cheap) will get you more money in the long run.

Link your team so I can add you to the list while I'm thinking about it

And Emerald, I love your Raven

Old
09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
The 250k is just the penalty for having more than 30 players! The problem is I'm paying this because I can't make up my mind on who to keep and who to sell. And I can't sell because of the market fees. But real life has been pretty crappy/annoying lately, and I don't really feel like fixing my problem. So I'm paying this ever-increasing fee because I'm too lazy to fix the problem myself
Oh my mistake then, I didn't catch that this is the penalty, thought you were worried about paying 250k per week

Quote:
Yeah. That's the road everyone takes. We've all done it and have been relatively successful. And it's what we recommend to every new player because it's the safe thing to do. knucklepuck's plan is interesting because it has the potential to get you more money quicker and in the long run. Building the stadium can lead to massive Media deals. They're worth more than General sponsors once your stadium is maxed (assuming you're pretty successful as well). Admittedly, I haven't done the math to figure out how long it would take to max out your stadium doing it this way (maybe I'll work on it one sleepless night). But I still think building the stadium first while concentrating on keeping costs down (no staff & limited facility construction) and being competitive at the same time (on the cheap) will get you more money in the long run.

Link your team so I can add you to the list while I'm thinking about it
Well when i started few experianced top managers from my country suggested me to go this way.

Well you have many 15 and 16 year olds on your team, but i'm sure someonemore experienced will be able to help you.

My team? HK Primostek

Old
09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
And Emerald, I love your Raven
Please, no Raven-Love-Ins - I'm getting sentimental!!

Old
09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
canucks357

Well, OAP lost in the final-8 1-0 today. Was the biggest game in years for my club having been out of international competition for some time now. I had the higher OTS (G,D,M and O) but couldn't get the win. This will certainly hurt the financials. She's going to be another tough few years for OAP. Hardly breaking even as it is now.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:23 PM
redcard

My best pull ever:

Ryan Mason, 6/6 scouted Q's 86/99/91/93/82/88/89 for 90%, OR 14/76/23/43/46/34/41.

Obviously good Q's for any position, but will make a good RD for the powerplay with that 99 D and 93 shot. 2nd highest AvQ in US II.3 but will take some time to get his stats up.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:06 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
My best pull ever:

Ryan Mason, 6/6 scouted Q's 86/99/91/93/82/88/89 for 90%, OR 14/76/23/43/46/34/41.

Obviously good Q's for any position, but will make a good RD for the powerplay with that 99 D and 93 shot. 2nd highest AvQ in US II.3 but will take some time to get his stats up.
Yowzers! Very nice! Early season too! Congrats bud. That's pure gold right there.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
My best pull ever:

Sweet!!!

If only my SA was kind to me.. I rarely get excellent players, and when I do, it tends to be right at the end of the season.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Wow! I'd be tempted to make him a winger with that high SHQ and comparatively low PAQ. But he's probably best fit to be a defenceman, especially considering his starting attributes.

Using my EQ formula his EQs are: G - 85,44%; D - 91,19%; C - 89,75%; W - 90.73%

E: The prospect I mentioned buying in the previous thread turned out to be a ridiculous steal:

Code:
16 y/o, 6/6

Mål	För	Off	Sko	Pas	Tek	Agr	Total
12	24	65	48	35	41	39	264
71%	65%	97%	93%	86%	99%	95%	87%
Personal record breaking EQs at C (92,71%) and W (93,91%). I feel like I'm going to squander him on a Div. II team with 68 days left until TF13.

The actual play of the team has taken a turn for the worse, and after winning the first two games of the season I've only gotten 1 point in 4 games with horrific goaltending. I'm seriously considering selling my entire tandem, and buying an old workhorse who can give me Div II quality netminding until my prospects are ready.

Last edited by Blue Blooded: 09-15-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old
09-15-2012, 08:23 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
The actual play of the team has taken a turn for the worse, and after winning the first two games of the season I've only gotten 1 point in 4 games with horrific goaltending. I'm seriously considering selling my entire tandem, and buying an old workhorse who can give me Div II quality netminding until my prospects are ready.
You know that's not a bad idea. Vets are dirt cheap these days. Div2 quality ones especially. You likely won't get much cash for who you sell but it won't cost much to upgrade. Target guys with great builds and ignore Qs and C/L. If they have high EXP (which the almost always will) that'll make a huge difference too. I attribute losing in the NC final a few seasons ago to EXP and EXP alone. Not bad for a div2 team

Old
09-15-2012, 08:42 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Well when i started few experianced top managers from my country suggested me to go this way.
That's what I'm saying. Everyone recommends going this way. Even in other games like this, the recommended path for a new team is build facilities asap. With the importance of the Media deals in PPM, I think knucklepuck's plan might make some sense. But like I said, I have no math to back that up. I just like the idea that another approach might be possible.

Quote:
Well, OAP lost in the final-8 1-0 today. Was the biggest game in years for my club having been out of international competition for some time now. I had the higher OTS (G,D,M and O) but couldn't get the win. This will certainly hurt the financials. She's going to be another tough few years for OAP. Hardly breaking even as it is now.
You poor bastid. You've had some terrible luck/planning with the soccer team

doug ended up going on Low and my forwards actually put shots on goal, so I was able to get by him. Yay.

Quote:
My best pull ever:

Holy crap. That's awesome, man. Too bad his defense is already so high. He'd make an amazing winger. Of course, I'm just being greedy. He'll make an amazing dman as well

Old
09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
canucks357

Quote:
You poor bastid. You've had some terrible luck/planning with the soccer team

doug ended up going on Low and my forwards actually put shots on goal, so I was able to get by him. Yay.
Ya I made one mistake back in the day. It has snowballed since then. I'm now still making 9M/week. Given my facilities and stadium I am just breaking even.

Old
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
tujague

Is this new? PPM Broadcast

Old
09-15-2012, 10:18 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Is this new? PPM Broadcast
Yessir. Coming soon to a PPM live broadcast near you. It's been in the work for awhile. I've actually drawn up some plays for it. Though you'll likely know when since they're kind of trick (ish) plays haha. It'll certainly be an improvement.

Side note: I'm pretty sure based on the sounds from the hotel room next to me that my neighbours are listening to something pay-per-view if you catch my drift.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:06 PM
canucks357

Hey all!
Only a couple spots left in the free tournament open to Canadian and American managers. Sign up here!

Edit: All full. 96 teams ready to go! Lots of new arrivals too (sub 40 OTS).

Last edited by canucks357: 09-16-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread