HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny

Old
09-14-2012, 09:20 AM
ThunderBird

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Id like to take a flyer on Statsny but im sure most know that contracts like his are going to become some teams Achilles heal once these CBA negotiations are complete. Only way id give up any value for him would be to send komisarek, connolly, etc the other way.

Secondly im not sure why Bozak gets such a bad wrap... hes a versatile player that plays in all situations on all lines. If i was a GM i'd love to have a player like him. I see comparisons to ROR if i may say so myself. Obviously ROR is younger... and had one better season but Bozak isnt very far behind.

Keeping in mind both entered the league in the same year. Both players played on the top lines of their teams last season. Yes ROR is better defensively, but i know Bozak gets a bad wrap simply by being a leaf.

ROR
2009-2010 = 82GP 8G 18A 26P 0.31PPG
2010-2011 = 74GP 13G 13A 26P 0.35PPG
2011-2012 = 81GP 18G 37A 55P 0.68PPG

Bozak
2009-2010 = 37GP 8G 19A 27P 0.73PPG
2010-2011 = 82GP 15G 17A 32P 0.40ppg
2011-2012 = 73GP 18G 29A 47P 0.64PPG
Bozak is an above average third line player, and his points are inflated because Kessel . Every Leaf fan puts him in all their proposals signaling they know his value is inflated because of Kessel. Also ROR started on the third line but with Winnik and Landy they moved up to the first line. ROR didn't get that spot by default.

ThunderBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Id like to take a flyer on Statsny but im sure most know that contracts like his are going to become some teams Achilles heal once these CBA negotiations are complete. Only way id give up any value for him would be to send komisarek, connolly, etc the other way.

Secondly im not sure why Bozak gets such a bad wrap... hes a versatile player that plays in all situations on all lines. If i was a GM i'd love to have a player like him. I see comparisons to ROR if i may say so myself. Obviously ROR is younger... and had one better season but Bozak isnt very far behind.

Keeping in mind both entered the league in the same year. Both players played on the top lines of their teams last season. Yes ROR is better defensively, but i know Bozak gets a bad wrap simply by being a leaf.

ROR
2009-2010 = 82GP 8G 18A 26P 0.31PPG
2010-2011 = 74GP 13G 13A 26P 0.35PPG
2011-2012 = 81GP 18G 37A 55P 0.68PPG

Bozak
2009-2010 = 37GP 8G 19A 27P 0.73PPG
2010-2011 = 82GP 15G 17A 32P 0.40ppg
2011-2012 = 73GP 18G 29A 47P 0.64PPG
Did you just compare a 6.6M 1st line centre, to 4.5M healthy scratches/AHLers?

Muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBird View Post
"Edler Raymond and Jensen for Statsny and some filler? I am not totally familiar with the Avs prospect pool" #76

"Habs Will give 2firsts(2013,2014) a second in 2015" #4

"Bouwmeester, Backlund, Prospect (Not Sven), 3rd 2014, for Statsny" #99

"How about Dustin Byfuglien and 2nd?" #72

So for Bozak a run of the mill third line center, Kadri who cannot break into a bottom 5 team, and a 1st. I like the first but the rest is blah.

Here are 4 from this thread that are as good or better than that offer.
The bolded weren't actual proposals. One was shot down immediately as terrible, while the other was from Spitsfan. Byfuglien + 2nd I doubt has as much value(as well as being a RD). The Calgary offer is pretty good though, in terms of fitting your needs better.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:38 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBird View Post
Bozak is an above average third line player, and his points are inflated because Kessel . Every Leaf fan puts him in all their proposals signaling they know his value is inflated because of Kessel. Also ROR started on the third line but with Winnik and Landy they moved up to the first line. ROR didn't get that spot by default.
Leafs have Lombardi, Bozak, Grabovski, Connolly, Steckel all centers. Bozak didnt get the position by default. He got the position because he was the best suited.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:46 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Did you just compare a 6.6M 1st line centre, to 4.5M healthy scratches/AHLers?
your reading comprehension lacks. I said the only way id give up value for him (which could be 1st round picks, phil kessel, dion phaneuf, morgan rielly, jake gardiner,) would have to include 1 of connolly or komisarek going the other way.

Secondly Connolly has never played a single game in the AHL nor was scratched once last season and Komisarek hasnt played an ahl game since 2005.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskogien View Post
Have you ever thought that maybe the reason he gets a bad wrap is because Toronto fans put him in nearly every single trade proposal they make?
So Toronto fans putting him in fake online proposals causes his perceived value to go down? good to know thats how fans judge talent.

Old
09-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
This thread will ultimately result in the squabbling between Avs fans and one or more fanbases where we state repeatedly that the Avs have no desire to move our most experienced, most productive, best playmaking center that happens to be our most tenured player after Hejduk (seriously: Jones & McLeod are next in line after him) for anything short of our #1 desire, a top pairing defender that can theoretically mesh with EJ.

There is no incentive to move him because few fans on HFBoards are willing to negotiate on Stastny being a 70 point center as opposed to his actual totals the past two seasons.
Nailed it.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Nailed it.
To be fair you only had the other 3,300,000,000 previous other Stastny threads to base your prediction on.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:01 AM
cgf

I wish I could just not read these threads. They make me laugh so hard, but then I realize that leafs fans truly believe a lot of the things they post in these threads and I get sad that such ignorance continues to thrive.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:03 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It's not that unrelated. While those pieces may not fit your need, it is overpayment for Stastny.
Does this mean we can stop hearing Stastny proposals? Cause, barring Stastny public stating he won't play another game for any team other Toronto, there's no way that package nets Staz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Do you really think you could do better than a Bozak, Kadri, and a first for Stastny?? or even an offer near that from another team (Leafs wouldn't do that deal). If the answer is no, then by definition it's an overpayment. If the answer's yes, I'd be interested to see an example.
Of course the Avs could do better than that, rather easily in fact, all they'd have to do is not trade Stastny and boom, way better off.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
So Toronto fans putting him in fake online proposals causes his perceived value to go down? good to know thats how fans judge talent.
C'mon now...this is just like when a few years back, a lot of Avs fans started putting up trade proposals involving Marek Svatos and Brett Clark. Oh yeah, those guys are key pieces.

Generally speaking, when fans of a team start putting up trade proposals involving their own players, and these threads keep popping up over and over and over again, it usually means something.

It doesn't mean that the asset is worthless but it usually means they wouldn't mind parting with it, to get an upgrade or something.

Even with all of the dumping on Stastny that you guys do (overpaid, 50pt center, 2nd liner, etc...) you STILL don't see Avs fans coming up with these proposals. Hmmmm wonder why that is??? lol

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:06 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
C'mon now...this is just like when a few years back, a lot of Avs fans started putting up trade proposals involving Marek Svatos and Brett Clark. Oh yeah, those guys are key pieces.

Generally speaking, when fans of a team start putting up trade proposals involving their own players, and these threads keep popping up over and over and over again, it usually means something.

It doesn't mean that the asset is worthless but it usually means they wouldn't mind parting with it, to get an upgrade or something.

Even with all of the dumping on Stastny that you guys do (overpaid, 50pt center, 2nd liner, etc...) you STILL don't see Avs fans coming up with these proposals. Hmmmm wonder why that is??? lol
It could have to do with the fact that the Toronto Maple leafs have the largest following of any team in the NHL. Those who post threads do not represent the entire fan base. Obviously there is frustration from leafs nation after missing the playoffs for the past 8 years. Plus why hate on leaf fans for attempting to acquire players that are better then the ones we already have. Its a compliment to your team either way. We need a top line center and a goalie. Bozak isnt being thrown in trades that have bums coming back to Toronto. Hes being put in trades for great players.

My point is that because Bozak is in trade proposals for players better then he and combine that with the fact that hes a leaf and all of a sudden he becomes a borderline #3C on a bad team. Im telling you that players on other teams that just came off a season of posting a 0.64PPG are worth a hefty price. Heck players that score 0.5 ppg will cost you a hefty price. Its the blind hate that frustrates me.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Bozak and Stastny are the same age aren't they?

Why is one viewed as an improving young option and the other viewed as over the hill and forevermore on the decline? I know which one I'd rather have

I don't think the Avs are at the stage of their rebuild when one of the significant assets coming back is a 1st that will take several years to develop. At this point they want to expedite the process (they've been trying to acquire players who are 23-24 years old lately) and they've been trying to buy low on players (not Bozak who's totals are inflated by playing minutes he wouldn't see on the Avs with a system and linemates he also wouldn't see on the Avs).

None of Staz, O'reilly, or Duchene are going to see the icetime they need to put up amazing scoring numbers this next season; the Avs are clearly trying to roll 3 lines. If that's the case for those 3 guys how is Bozak going to help us? Do you really think Bozak is going to put up 0.64 PPG with Mcginn and Jones instead of Kessel and Lupul?

We get offered some combination of Bozak/Connolly/Kadri/Scrivens/Komisarek/2nd etc. This particular proposal is probably better value than most because at least a first is included. But fact of the matter is Stastny means much more to this team than Bozak, Kadri, or a mid first would.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

How would Colorado feel about a Stastny for Eller + Kristo + 2nd trade with Montreal.

Eller is a good, young two-way centre on a good contract who's played a couple seasons in the NHL.

Tinordi, Beaulieu or Leblanc aren't on the table but others might be available.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
How would Colorado feel about a Stastny for Eller + Kristo + 2nd trade with Montreal.

Eller is a good, young two-way centre on a good contract who's played a couple seasons in the NHL.

No chance.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

Tinordi, Beaulieu or Leblanc aren't
on the table but others might be available.
So we downgrade from Stastny to Eller for a 2nd and a mediocre prospect?? Is it to much to ask of people to think before they post?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:11 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So we downgrade from Stastny to Eller for a 2nd and a mediocre prospect?? Is it to much to ask of people to think before they post?
Avs44 ... 1
Frozenice ... 0

Quote:

The Avs are getting a weak 3rd line center. I says weak because of Eller's poor hockey IQ. He does not know how to play the game without the puck and his offensive is below average.

Kristo, a prospect that had a lot of health issue in the past and a 2nd.

And you are asking how would Colorado feel???? One of the worst trade proposal ever!!!

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Avs44 ... 1
Frozenice ... 0

The Avs are getting a weak 3rd line center. I says weak because of Eller's poor hockey IQ. He does not know how to play the game without the puck and his offensive is below average.

Kristo, a prospect that had a lot of health issue in the past and a 2nd.

And you are asking how would Colorado feel???? One of the worst trade proposal ever!!!
We'll keep Eller then.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
We'll keep Eller then.
Cool. We will keep Stastny. We really don't mind.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote