Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
09-05-2012, 12:12 PM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Newcomers I thought had good camps are Gagne , Hynes , Beaudoin , Simpson , Stavert , Bradley , McCabe and Sweeney. I think Gagne, Simpson , Stavert and McCabe will have the best chances of making next year's team. Newcomers that had dissapointing or bad camps , imo, are Whitlock (although limited) , Pitre was ok but thats it , Power , Spears , Proulx , Belliveau and Labbe. I think Belliveau may still have a chance next season. He's only a 95'. He needs to get stronger , he's a very good skater, makes smart decisions , decent shot. His strength and physicality are what's holding him back. The players I didn't mention were average/medicore.
tks for the info! Bathurst still the team to beat ? LMFAO

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
tks for the info! Bathurst still the team to beat ? LMFAO
One person on these boards seems to think so..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Dogpound

Quote:
Newcomers I thought had good camps are Gagne , Hynes , Beaudoin , Simpson , Stavert , Bradley , McCabe and Sweeney. I think Gagne, Simpson , Stavert and McCabe will have the best chances of making next year's team. Newcomers that had dissapointing or bad camps , imo, are Whitlock (although limited) , Pitre was ok but thats it , Power , Spears , Proulx , Belliveau and Labbe. I think Belliveau may still have a chance next season. He's only a 95'. He needs to get stronger , he's a very good skater, makes smart decisions , decent shot. His strength and physicality are what's holding him back. The players I didn't mention were average/medicore.
I doubt the cats take an undersized 18 year old rookie (Belliveau) next year. From the times i have seen him play he does not have a good shot at all. I saw him play a bit last year in Fredericton in the playoffs and is not good enough to play major junior. Havne't seen him play this year but can't see him getting that much better in the summer.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 04:11 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
I doubt the cats take an undersized 18 year old rookie (Belliveau) next year. From the times i have seen him play he does not have a good shot at all. I saw him play a bit last year in Fredericton in the playoffs and is not good enough to play major junior. Havne't seen him play this year but can't see him getting that much better in the summer.
However the Wildcats will lose Downe and most likely 1 of Melindy or Racine . Doubt Emond locks a overager spot. So that would leave Roussy , McGurty ,Wood , Sweeney and Primeau which leaves 3 or 4 spots open for newcomers next season. Remaining candidates are McCabe , Labbe , Belliveau, Mann, Proulx and 2013 draft picks. So you pick 3 or 4 out of that group. I think he'll have a fair chance , especially if he adds some strength and size this season.

Old
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
johnnydrum

Hiya all!
Just read that Tolchinskiy has arrived in the Soo, and was wondering if there was any Ivan sightings as yet?

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:21 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Hiya all!
Just read that Tolchinskiy has arrived in the Soo, and was wondering if there was any Ivan sightings as yet?
Visa work cleared. Expected tomorrow is what I heard.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Visa work cleared. Expected tomorrow is what I heard.
Yes, the Wildcats have confrmed he will arrive tomorrow.

Old
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Yes, the Wildcats have confrmed he will arrive tomorrow.
Nah, he'll pull a Drouin

Old
09-11-2012, 10:32 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Ivan Barbashev has landed in Moncton !!

Old
09-11-2012, 01:38 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

The team confirmed today Samuel Roussy's shoulder requires surgery in which a 4-6 month recovery is needed before he's 100%. That would make it 9 dmen left in camp.
With Primeau out 4-6 weeks, We'll start the season with the remaining 8.

Downe - Melindy
Racine - Emond
McGurty - McDonald
Wood - Sweeney

injured: Primeau(4-6 weeks) , Roussy(min. 4months.)

Old
09-11-2012, 08:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Barbashev in Moncton.....

Dam that offense looks great !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton finalized it's roster today by parting ways with Dman Myles McGurty. Very surprising to say the least. He's 18 (younger) , has a full year under his belt, hasn't had injury issues like McDonald and just seems to be the better of the bunch. Obviously the staff saw something we can't , there has to be another reason maybe off ice.

Old
09-14-2012, 05:17 PM
johnnydrum

Hiya all!
We made it to Friday..those clowns in the NHL and NHLPA are doing there darnest to ruin my beautiful game, but thankfully the CHL still has its dignity.
Very excited to hear that Ivan will play tonight: Any idea if any web site radio stations are broadcasting the game tonight?
Would love to tune into hear how he fares!

Old
09-14-2012, 10:04 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Hiya all!
We made it to Friday..those clowns in the NHL and NHLPA are doing there darnest to ruin my beautiful game, but thankfully the CHL still has its dignity.
Very excited to hear that Ivan will play tonight: Any idea if any web site radio stations are broadcasting the game tonight?
Would love to tune into hear how he fares!
Tonight's game has Moncton fans extremely excited! We have a big , physical team that can score. Ivan Barbashev's debut was great. He had the building rumbling after scoring his first goal and was throwing the body left , right and center. Jaskin also continued his streak scoring 2 goals and adding an assist on Barbs goal. I'm going to say we have the best Euro duo in the league , behind Quebec. They can do it all! Teams are going to hate playing against these 2. Barbashev's favorite player is Ovechkin and he plays with the same intensity and goes through people.Deruelle patrolled the opposite wing on the second line and faired well picking up 3 assists. I think he's the favorite to score that second line job, at least until Christmas. I know we're still in pre-season but it looks like it's going to be a fun year.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:39 PM
wings5

Is Ivan really 6'3?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:31 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
. I'm going to say we have the best Euro duo in the league , behind Quebec. They can do it all! Teams are going to hate playing against these 2.
Frk and Abs will change your perception of that

Old
09-15-2012, 05:00 AM
johnnydrum

Hiya WildcatML28!
Gosh, seesm like an age ago when we "posted" the below message

Quote:
Hiya mate!
What a turn of events!
I was so disapointed when Moncton didnt bag Zloben, then groaned when I saw the Nikushkin news yesterday, but realy pleased that they were able to get both Barbashev and Jaskin--- for my own sanity going to a team that broadcasts in English (so I can listen)
So, In a weird twist, the Wildcats still got a pair of great Russian prospects afterall (I know, Jaskin in regarded as Czech)
I wish I could have found a feed to tune in yesterday. I am very excited to find out how these guys do.
I have a few questions if I may.
Can ANYBODY give me a true idea of Barbashevs size--hes now listed as 6`3 on the Official site.
I have now heard sizes ranging from 5`8-155 to 6`3 -185...lol
I was bouyant to hear that he plays a physical game.
I have the U-17 final on DVD, so I have watched that a few times, but with the upmost respect, he was over shadowed on that day by Tolchinksiy and Nichushkin, so I am still trying to get a good view/opinion of him.

I have saw a few small clips of Jaskin and he looks a big, strapping lad, with a great shot. The knock on his draft year was that he wasnt much of a speedster ?

Who would you compare both Jaskin and Ivan too, and who was the centre between the Euros?

PS..Wildcatml28, just sent a PM to you for more info, if thats ok.

Last edited by johnnydrum: 09-15-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old
09-15-2012, 06:44 AM
johnnydrum

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/...ason-contest/1

For those who couldnt be at the game, nor were able to listen in, the Guardian.pe.ca Neil Hodge produced this excellent Match Report.

Rocket, Wildcats renew rivarly in QMJHL pre-season contest
Published on September 15, 2012
Neil Hodge

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/...ason-contest/1

Old
09-15-2012, 09:25 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Is Ivan really 6'3?
6"0.5 measured at Wildcats' camp.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:29 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Frk and Abs will change your perception of that
I don't know ?! I'll let you make that call October 10th when you get to see Jaskin and Barbashev play.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:36 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Hiya WildcatML28!
Gosh, seesm like an age ago when we "posted" the below message

I wish I could have found a feed to tune in yesterday. I am very excited to find out how these guys do.
I have a few questions if I may.
Can ANYBODY give me a true idea of Barbashevs size--hes now listed as 6`3 on the Official site.
I have now heard sizes ranging from 5`8-155 to 6`3 -185...lol
I was bouyant to hear that he plays a physical game.
I have the U-17 final on DVD, so I have watched that a few times, but with the upmost respect, he was over shadowed on that day by Tolchinksiy and Nichushkin, so I am still trying to get a good view/opinion of him.

I have saw a few small clips of Jaskin and he looks a big, strapping lad, with a great shot. The knock on his draft year was that he wasnt much of a speedster ?

Who would you compare both Jaskin and Ivan too, and who was the centre between the Euros?

PS..Wildcatml28, just sent a PM to you for more info, if thats ok.
Barbashev was measured being 6'0.5" 185 lbs at the Wildcats' training camp this week. Jaskin is a big boy alright and loves the physical play too. They both avoid going around players and prefer to go right through them. Barbashev took faceoffs last night and is probably the fastest skater on the team. Jaskin looks like a man amongst boy out there , it really shows he already has 2 years pro under his belt. He's got 4goals and 2 assists in 3 games , preseason. PM me anytime

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 09-15-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old
09-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Reesor01

Kucherov and Grigorenko for Quebec will be the 2 best Euros in the league if/when they eventually are on the ice together. But Barbashev/Jaskin will make a huge impact for Moncton.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:34 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
Kucherov and Grigorenko for Quebec will be the 2 best Euros in the league if/when they eventually are on the ice together. But Barbashev/Jaskin will make a huge impact for Moncton.
Nikita and Mikhail are without doubt two of the best Euros, and have the added advantage of being line mates for so many years, (instant chemistry!)
At times, in the U-18 and Super series, the duo were jaw dropping.
Grigorenko was exceptional in the "Q" last year, and was only slowed down with the ankle injury, then a bout of mono in the playoffs.
(interstingly, in the UK we do not have "mono"?)
I will try and tune into as many of thier games as I can, but alas, the Ramparts radio is in French, so I am delighted that my other favourites; Jaskin and Barbashev, are in Moncton.

Talking of Imports, I must say, I am also keen to see how Martin Frk bounces back.
Last year was a total wash out.
I have heard, although is skating isnt elite, his shot sure is...although from the clips I have seen of him, Frk looks like he can fly!

Another interesting prospect is Martin Reway "The Slovakian Crosby" drafted by Gatineu.
Not too sure about his wafer thin size (although these can be very in-accurate) but his Praha U-18stats, were very impressive: 25games 21g 39a 60pts.
(Jaskins Praha U-18: 46games 28g 19a 47pts)
Team him up with Tomas Hyka, who has jets in his skates, that could be a fun duo to watch.

Its going to be a geat season...lovely to be around here, especailly as the NHL and NHLPA are doing thier best to destroy the Big Game.

Last edited by johnnydrum: 09-15-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
theq

Quote:
Barbashev was measured being 6'0.5" 185 lbs at the Wildcats' training camp this week. Jaskin is a big boy alright and loves the physical play too. They both avoid going around players and prefer to go right through them. Barbashev took faceoffs last night and is probably the fastest skater on the team. Jaskin looks like a man amongst boy out there , it really shows he already has 2 years pro under his belt. He's got 4goals and 2 assists in 3 games , preseason. PM me anytime
Hi wildcatmapleleafs

I have a good inside nose from players of Moncton
Rumor

Narbonne to Moncton if Ellis make AHL team, but if he is sent back to junior it will be Ellis to Moncton

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:48 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
Hi wildcatmapleleafs

I have a good inside nose from players of Moncton
Rumor

Narbonne to Moncton if Ellis make AHL team, but if he is sent back to junior it will be Ellis to Moncton
Very , very intresting. Thanks for the info