HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings offseason thread part #whogivesa**** - our team sucks

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Would really like to know if the Red Wings were not interested in extending Howard or Filppula before the new CBA? It could be an awesome decision, it could also be one of the biggest mis-steps of Holland's career. Really it was interesting watching the way this off-season unfolded I felt these two players were a big reason why. I really hope there is a plan, everyone else is locking up players left and right and we have left our last two core pieces out there. Now in the past with Franzen and Kronwall terms were reached in season. But that could play out much different this time.
It could be that Flip and Howard don't want to sign their big extensions and then get 25% of it lopped off. I haven't been able to figure out why so many guys have signed these deals when the NHL is pushing so hard for another rollback. You sign the deal after the CBA, there's no rollback.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Wow, could be worse, we could have just thrown nearly $6m a year at Kari Lehtonen. Guy has a nice year last year, but he really doesn't strike me as a $6m dollar goalie.
At least they picked up Jagr and Derek Roy.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I know this kind of stuff happens all the time. But always find it interesting, kind of like the Hull and Hasek goal stuff, where nobody wanted to talk about it. Wonder if this is ever discussed between two of the new Wings.

Think it knocked Carlo out of the lineup for a little while if I remember right.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:00 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Would really like to know if the Red Wings were not interested in extending Howard or Filppula before the new CBA? It could be an awesome decision, it could also be one of the biggest mis-steps of Holland's career. Really it was interesting watching the way this off-season unfolded I felt these two players were a big reason why. I really hope there is a plan, everyone else is locking up players left and right and we have left our last two core pieces out there. Now in the past with Franzen and Kronwall terms were reached in season. But that could play out much different this time.
It could be because of what Sarcastro mentioned and/or management thinks they may not repeat the performances they had last season and thus don't warrant as big money.

Or both can't wait to get out of here .

Old
09-15-2012, 03:14 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
if there's actually a full season lockout they'll be UFAs before we know it

Old
09-15-2012, 07:36 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
It could be that Flip and Howard don't want to sign their big extensions and then get 25% of it lopped off. I haven't been able to figure out why so many guys have signed these deals when the NHL is pushing so hard for another rollback. You sign the deal after the CBA, there's no rollback.
Of course, proportionately, if there's that much of a reduction in salary cap, they're going to get a lot less than they would have anyway. So it's kind of a moot point.

Kari's deal in Dallas makes me cringe when I think of what Howard is going to ask for. As far as I'm concerned, if he thinks he's a $6 or $7 million goalie, he can hit the road.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:01 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
I know this kind of stuff happens all the time. But always find it interesting, kind of like the Hull and Hasek goal stuff, where nobody wanted to talk about it. Wonder if this is ever discussed between two of the new Wings.

Think it knocked Carlo out of the lineup for a little while if I remember right.
IMO, that's a good hit

Old
09-15-2012, 01:52 PM
crashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
IMO, that's a good hit
It's a great hit, and it also looks legal.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:24 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
if there's actually a full season lockout they'll be UFAs before we know it
I could live with Howard walking but if Flip decides to test the waters it will be a huge blow to the team. Outside of Zetterberg and Datsyuk he's the only forward worth a damn.

Closed Thread