HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

KINGS-Jackets-Edmonton.

Old
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
lets see if my tweek to this is any better
kings choice of la 1st in 13 or nyr 1st in 13 and columus 3rd (from columbus) Nikolai Khabibulin right to Linus Omark edmontons 2nd 13

columbus simon gagne and Jonathan Bernier

emonton mason and Andrei Loktionov
To the extent that we have any desire to go after Bernier at all, this is more attractive. Not by much, though, thanks to Gagne's unfortunate injury history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I think Bernier would be a good fit in Columbus and would thrive in competition with Bobrovsky for the starting role. This trade, however, is terrible for the Blue Jackets. There is no reason for Edmonton to be in this deal, either. The interesting part is that with Bernier, the Blue Jackets pick probably wouldn't be in the top 5 anymore, making the return much different.

How about this?

To LAK: Columbus 1st 2013, Steve Mason

To CLB: Jonathan Bernier, Andrei Loktionov, Thomas Hickey/Jake Muzzin

Steve Mason is a tricky player here because we've seen what he can do, it just seems like he's forgotten how to do it. I don't value him highly here, obviously. I don't see him being more than a backup goaltender anymore.
None of those are assets we particularly need or want. We have tons of offensive blueline prospects, we've got almost as many undersized skill forwards, and see above re: Bernier.

It's certainly more than fair value; it's just not what we hope to get out of that pick.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 04:13 PM
rockinghockey

EDM already has a 2C in Gagner that is better and proven then Loktionov and then we down grade our goal big time, does not make any sense what so ever. Just give LA a 2nd round pick for Bernier and then the deal is done.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Wow that's bad for Edmonton and Columbus...

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Know who is better than Bernier? Nathan Mackinnon and/or Seth Jones are.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
TopCookie

No thanks. Id rather see how dubnyk fares this(hopefully) season.

TopCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Bad for everyone except the Kings.

Cbus gives up a 1st in what is a very deep draft and likely will be a high pick for an unexperienced netminder, with good potential, but may or may not solve their problems. They need a sure thing.

Edmonton gives up Dubynk and a 2nd, to get a worse goalie, and a center who hasnt proven anything in the NHL, and looks like a Gagner-type player.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:41 PM
tony d
Giant Doctor

Can't see the Jackets acquiring another goalie so soon after getting 1 in Bobrovsky.

09-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Am I alone in thinking Bernier is worth no where near that?
Yes, absolutely

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:22 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
To the extent that we have any desire to go after Bernier at all, this is more attractive. Not by much, though, thanks to Gagne's unfortunate injury history.

None of those are assets we particularly need or want. We have tons of offensive blueline prospects, we've got almost as many undersized skill forwards, and see above re: Bernier.

It's certainly more than fair value; it's just not what we hope to get out of that pick.
Understandable, it is one of those times where quantity might make up for the quality of the pick if - and only if - the quantity helps the Blue Jackets make the playoffs or get pretty close to it. If adding Bernier, Loktionov, and one of our young defensemen won't do it, then I don't think it would be a good trade for Columbus either.

Although, I think Columbus and Los Angeles still make good trading partners. Kings have too many young defensemen and Columbus is a team that could use them wisely. I don't know where the value lies in that, though.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Although, I think Columbus and Los Angeles still make good trading partners. Kings have too many young defensemen and Columbus is a team that could use them wisely.
Ryan Murray, John Moore, David Savard, Tim Erixon, Cody Goloubef, and Will Weber aren't enough?

Young defensemen is the Jackets' sole strength. Columbus needs scoring forwards and a goalie.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:50 PM
ponder

Good god does Columbus ever get ***** in this deal.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Caniac125330

Dubnyk is Edmonton's soon to be starter. No way they move him and bring in Mason.

Caniac125330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:26 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Ryan Murray, John Moore, David Savard, Tim Erixon, Cody Goloubef, and Will Weber aren't enough?

Young defensemen is the Jackets' sole strength. Columbus needs scoring forwards and a goalie.
Forgot about them getting Erixon and I'm unfamiliar with the last two, but you've proven me wrong. Adding Murray and Erixon this offseason has certainly helped that, then. My guess is that the Blue Jackets need big scoring forwards, because, like the Kings, you have plenty of smaller players. Unfortunately, the Kings are looking for draft picks and scoring forwards as well. Aside from Bernier then, I don't think there's much of a deal to be had. My apologies!

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Columbus says: Bernier isn't worth a top 5 pick, a 1B goalie and a 2nd rounder.
Edmonton says: Dubnyk > Mason and we don't need Loktionov(Not saying he isn't good)
L.A says: HAHAHAHAHA! Where do I sign?! MUAHAHAHAHAHAA!

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Ahhhh, I have sorely missed my ridiculous spitsfan trade proposals. They always seem to screw 2 out of 3 teams over. Also there is never a 2 team trade from spitsfan. If you can't get 2 teams right what makes you think you can get three?

But this is terribad for CBJ more than anything. With the draft coming up, and CBJ being a team that in my opinion a couple years away from being a solid contender, giving up a solid lottery pick is bad.

Bernier is also completely and utterly unproven with under whelming performances. He has a high ceiling, but if he gets there is another discussion.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Paralyzer008

Oilers get bent over, Dubnyk is way better than Mason, Loktionov doesn't make the deal even (good but he would have to be a 2nd line C already for us to even consider that.)

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:41 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Columbus:
Bernier

To Oilers:
Mason
Loktionov

To Kings:
Dubnyk
Columbus 1st 2013
Oilers 2nd 2013

This Fair? Columbus Gets there starter...Edmonton get young center with potential and a goalie in Mason who has had a bad last couple years in Columbus but in my opinion still can get better, he is still young. And La get a solid back-up a top 5 pick(Columbus) and a high 2nd Rd. Pick.
Oilers do not do it becuase Mason sucks big time and is the new Jim Carey and even a change of scenery will not help him. Oilers have three players in the system that are likeLoktionov (Lander and Pitlick are the top two guys) and both of them look to be able to fill that void. I think the deal could be made between LA and BJS and the oilers do not need to get involved.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
v3rs3

Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
I laugh when people think the difference between Dubnyk and Mason are huge. Yes, Dubnyk has better stats the past couple years, but he's also older than Mason and the Calder Trophy says hello.

Mason has won everywhere he's been. In his professional career he's only had 2 losing season, last year and 09-10. Last year can be completely written off b/c Jackets fans know how bad our defense was and how many injuries we dealt with last year. Of course the Edmonton fans are going to come in saying "Nuh uh" or "Hockey belongs in Canada, you don't know anything about hockey" or other useless non-sense.

v3rs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Pointteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rs3 View Post
I laugh when people think the difference between Dubnyk and Mason are huge. Yes, Dubnyk has better stats the past couple years, but he's also older than Mason and the Calder Trophy says hello.

Mason has won everywhere he's been. In his professional career he's only had 2 losing season, last year and 09-10. Last year can be completely written off b/c Jackets fans know how bad our defense was and how many injuries we dealt with last year. Of course the Edmonton fans are going to come in saying "Nuh uh" or "Hockey belongs in Canada, you don't know anything about hockey" or other useless non-sense.

Not all of us are Neanderthals. Either way, Dubnyk and Mason may not be that different, but Edmonton fans most likely would rather go with the devil we know.
I would be very interested in this deal if the oilers had a notable backup goaltender with some mileage left. Unfortunately, The Bulin Wall is not that.
Maybe I just like Loktionov too much, maybe I want to see Mason succeed too much.

It isn't as much of a gamble as it sounds, but my fellow Edmonton fans somehow feel like Edmonton is leagues better than Columbus, but they were the two worst teams in the league.

We're laughing so hard because we're so glad we weren't where Columbus was. We'd be crying if we ended up dead last again.

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
oilers92

vCash: 50
Quote:

you think cbj d is bad edm had one of the worst last yr and dubnyk still had good numbers and decent w/l record for a goalie starting to take over the rains as the number 1

also how does winning a trophy have anything to do with his recent performance he had one good yr

Last edited by oilers92: 09-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.
oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Jamin

Quote:

Someone with faith in their convictions wouldnt end their post on such a childish tone insulting a whole fanbase when nothing of the sort has been said about columbus.

Also Raycroft and his calder say high

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Lol no from Edmonton and Columbus.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:22 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
snap deal

Kings trade their back up for another solid back up, then trade a decent but nothing special prospect for what could be a lottery pick + another solid pick
the only problem is that Dubnyk is a starter and not a backup and is being paid accordingly.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
I think Bernier would be a good fit in Columbus and would thrive in competition with Bobrovsky for the starting role. This trade, however, is terrible for the Blue Jackets. There is no reason for Edmonton to be in this deal, either. The interesting part is that with Bernier, the Blue Jackets pick probably wouldn't be in the top 5 anymore, making the return much different.

How about this?

To LAK: Columbus 1st 2013, Steve Mason

To CLB: Jonathan Bernier, Andrei Loktionov, Thomas Hickey/Jake Muzzin

Steve Mason is a tricky player here because we've seen what he can do, it just seems like he's forgotten how to do it. I don't value him highly here, obviously. I don't see him being more than a backup goaltender anymore.
I really don't know what makes you think Bernier would be a good fit in Columbus. Is it the fact that he's a goalie? There's really nothing else to go off of.

TurdFerguson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 10:11 PM
zeus3007*

The Oilers downgrade sharply in goal for yet another small young center? Makes no sense there. Bernier to CBJ might make sense, but not at the price the OP thinks he should return.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote