HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Lounge Thread 2012 Pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Rhaego

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Haters, I've lived half my life off of mac and cheese.
Mac and Cheese is the shiznit

Old
09-13-2012, 11:55 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
Mac and Cheese with Gruyere and Cheddar + Bacon + Lobster = amazing.

Box Mac and Cheese = terrible.
What a waste of a lobster. It deserves better than being put into mac and cheese.

Old
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Totally off topic, but do you guys know of any good wedding venues? I'm looking for something outdoors.

Old
09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Abduljabbar
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Totally off topic, but do you guys know of any good wedding venues? I'm looking for something outdoors.
Landeslog might be of help.

Old
09-13-2012, 07:29 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abduljabbar View Post
Landeslog might be of help.
She's married? Oh yea, she and Shermy tied the knot that one weekend.

Old
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Bonzai check out the golf course next to Roxbourgh.

Also this is the creepest music video I've ever watched, the song is amazing and much better than Carley Rapesen Jepsen.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

A lot of good songs have creepy MVs, just look at Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:54 PM
billybobjoe1881

vCash: 495
KD with Cheeze Whiz.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Landeslog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I got married at the Dove House in Lafayette. It was outside with and inside reception. I can send you some private pictures if you'd like. But if you're wanting more downtown or southside, I can't help.

And the only other place I looked was stonegate in Thornton. So I can't help TOO much.

But Dove House/Gate House in Broomfield was AMAZING. It was beautiful with LOTS of inclusions compared to other places. We loved it.

Old
09-14-2012, 01:23 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

If you're a text sim game nerd like me, you probably heard about people from OOTP (Best sim game imo) was working out on hockey game. Well, it looks like it's coming out sometime in December and January. Can't wait.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
If you're a text sim game nerd like me, you probably heard about people from OOTP (Best sim game imo) was working out on hockey game. Well, it looks like it's coming out sometime in December and January. Can't wait.
Yeah the first game isn't going to be too incredibly robust like OOTP13 is right now, but just the fact that OOTP is bringing in a hockey version is great news for fans. I am already signed up to join a few leagues and I've rented enough webspace to run both a historical baseball league and a hockey one as well. Can't wait.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Can you fill me in further? I've never heard of OOTP and I've been looking into other hockey simulators lately cause a group of my friends are trying to find the right one to use, but none of them are exactly right.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Bonzai12

I’ve been playing OOTP for years and commissioned a few leagues.

Basically, in OOTP you are the GM of a team. You set your starting lineups, you trade players, negotiate contracts, etc. Think of it as the GM mode of any of the NHL games on consoles – except the financials are a lot more complicated.

You don’t play any games. You basically “export” (via FTP) your changes to your organization every week (actually 3 times a week but some leagues sim only 2 times a week and some sim every night - just depends on the league and how the commish sets it up) and then the commissioner “sims” a week in the game. You get the results, make more changes, export again…etc etc. You pretty much have to have a human GM for every team to make it work.

Here’s an example of a league I play in for baseball – http://usbl.us/ This guy basically runs three or four leagues. I am in the NBL which is a historic league. Everything is done in a OOTP program but most of the communication happens on the web (drafting players, voting for awards, trade talk in a forum, and they have web reports the game spits out in html format to make your league site look pretty cool).

In a historical league, the players are given ratings based on how they actually played in the majors. For instance I have Walter Johnson as my pitcher – so his ratings are pretty ridiculous because he was a good pitcher in the majors. When he plays on my team he won’t have the EXACT same stats he did, but his ratings will allow him to do pretty darn well. In a historical hockey team you could have Gretzky and Lemiuex possibly on the same team (probably would never happen but it’s possible – somehow a guy in our baseball league ended up with BOTH McGwire and Bonds in the late 90s).

Just realize that this first version isn’t going to be incredibly robust – and they’ve even stated that their intention is to make the “Modern” league the best. So their 2013 rosters will be pretty spot on probably. If you play a league starting in 2013 you’ll have all the current rosters and when you advance into 2014, 2015, etc it will be fictional guys coming into the league. I’m really excited about the historical leagues for hockey but they’re not going to be the “focus” of OOTP on the first release.

Hope that at least answers a few of your questions..

I'm actually working on a custom league DB right now for baseball that will include both historical players AND about 100 Negro Leaguers. I will be commissioning the league and it should start in a month or so if you're interested in joining.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Can you fill me in further? I've never heard of OOTP and I've been looking into other hockey simulators lately cause a group of my friends are trying to find the right one to use, but none of them are exactly right.
OOTP is baseball sim and it's really deep. You're basically a GM of team and you get to control rosters from majors to minors. You can also hire manager, pitching and hitting coaches. It has everything in there and you're basically doing all the things GMs in baseball do. One difference is that you won't be under fire by your that's fans if you make one bad move.

Also has all the Sabremetrics for baseball nerds like me. These small things helped for me when I was building a team (I used the Mariners) to find solid players really cheap.

Like Bonzai said, the first hockey won't be perfect, but I believe in their developing team to build a good base and improve every year.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

OOTP is the best thing ever. The VORP and WAR ratings are all that really matter on it though. An on base percentage.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:46 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Anyone playing EASHL on NHL 13? Wondering if anything has changed, are people still playing cheap to win (glitch goals, doing same thing over and over). Thinking of buying NHL 13 just for EASHL.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 0
Quote:
Anyone playing EASHL on NHL 13? Wondering if anything has changed, are people still playing cheap to win (glitch goals, doing same thing over and over). Thinking of buying NHL 13 just for EASHL.
here in canada, at Best buy and Futur shop they are selling a NHL PS3 combo , PS3 320Go with an NHL 13 game , for 299.00$

Do you guys think it's a good deal ?

Old
09-14-2012, 07:07 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
here in canada, at Best buy and Futur shop they are selling a NHL PS3 combo , PS3 320Go with an NHL 13 game , for 299.00$

Do you guys think it's a good deal ?
I would look for a cheaper PS3 if you're going to buy one. Less memory, unless you're planning on downloading a lot of stuff. I had my 360(120GB) for 3~4 years now and I still have a lot of space since I usually memory of old games.

I don't know what eats up the memory in PS3 so someone can chime in here. So if 320GB memory is needed, I would go for it. I'm hoping the next PS and XBOX come out in '14 because I feel like my 360 has a lot of life left. If you can't find anything cheaper, it's not a bad bundle at all. Amazon has the same bundle but with Uncharted 3 or MW3.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Logic is so tight
Hell Yeah he is

Old
09-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Abduljabbar
Rookie User

Quote:

Nothing glitchy so far. I play online versus mostly but the EASHL is good so far.

You should check out GM Connected. Lots of HF leagues and it's a good substitute for the lost season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf52GpMVh5I

Old
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abduljabbar View Post
Nothing glitchy so far. I play online versus mostly but the EASHL is good so far.

You should check out GM Connected. Lots of HF leagues and it's a good substitute for the lost season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf52GpMVh5I
That seems fun, I know Alex Jones wanted to start one for 360. Not sure if he still does.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:21 PM
The Shermanator
#AvaloungeRevolution

vCash: 50
Why is she so perfeeeeccctttttt

Old
09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote: