HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
danyhabsfan

vCash: 500
We need to keep high potential player like Beaulieu.

He could bust but we need this type of potential in our organisation as our depht seems all right.

I think our plan are:

-Play Budaj next season (if there's one)
-Draft a goalie
-Look to re-sign Budaj if he has a nice season or put Desjardins in a backup role
- Sign UFA backup here and there until the guy we drafted is ready

Old
09-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Makes no sense for Montreal.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
No. We don't need another D prospect, much less an offensive D prospect when we have Larsen, Goligoski, and Daley.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Maxpac

No way in hell we trade Beaulieu. Not only because he's a high end prospect who was a ppg player last season, but because he'll be a shoe in as a LD to replace Markov and Kaberle who are both not getting younger and have 2 more years on thier deals.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:26 PM
ncook91

Dallas had their chance to draft Beaulieu but passed on him for Oleksiak. Beaulieu was the #2 ranked North American defenseman and fell that far. I still hate the Stars scouts for that miss, and the pass on Fowler the year before.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:29 PM
rockinghockey

There is no use in giving up a good prospect for parts.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Beaulieu could be dealt, but one of your top prospects would have to come back.

Old
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Hugo Sham

there's no ****ing way you're getting Beaulieu for that package. the habs are LOADED at d prospects now and are gun-shy from the MacD deal. there's a reason they hired a former d man NHL as the head coach of hamilton AND brought brisebois to work with d men in the system.

Beaulieu, Tinordi and Thrower - maybe Ellis are all probably untouchables as of now

Old
09-14-2012, 04:47 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
There is no use in giving up a good prospect for parts.
Exactly.Thats why Beaulieu won't be involved in the OP's offer.

Old
09-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Habsrule

If and that is if the Habs were to trade him to the Stars I would start with asking for Radek Faksa plus for him.

Old
09-14-2012, 05:43 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post
If and that is if the Habs were to trade him to the Stars I would start with asking for Radek Faksa plus for him.
Why...?

Old
09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Why...?
Because it's not a spare part.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Counter:

Radek Faksa

for

Peter Budaj
Mark McMillan
3rd round pick

Old
09-14-2012, 11:22 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
I think you've all made your point by now.

Old
09-14-2012, 11:26 PM
AmeriHab

Just wondering why they would do this? OP points out they have a lot of depth at goalie, it's the same deal all of us have been shutting down from them for a top prospect

Old
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Counter:

Radek Faksa

for

Peter Budaj
Mark McMillan
3rd round pick
That's......that's not really the same thing.

09-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Troy McClure

It's not?

A backup goalie,
A prospect who might as well be named Future Considerations, and
A 3rd round pick

Old
09-15-2012, 07:02 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I think you've all made your point by now.
Agreed.

/thread

Old
09-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
That's......that's not really the same thing.
lol.

I guess the backup you're offering is much better, rite ?

Old
09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
jpchabby

Considering Montreal seems to want to rebuild, I don't think they would trade an top prospect for a couple of lesser ones...

Old
09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Not that Montreal would do that but I'm not sure why Dallas would want Beaulieu anyway. He's shown virtually zero offensive progression since he was 17, he defense/physical tools weren't that great to begin with. He's no where near close to playing in the NHL (He'd be stuck behind at least Oleksiak, Dillon and Nemeth when talking about Stars defensive prospects) and the only truly standout attribute of Beaulieu is his skating and that doesn't mean much if his offense doesn't come through.

Dallas has a great skater, poor offensive instincts defensemen in Daley, however Daley developed a very strong defensive game, something that there is no guarentee Beaulieu can ever do if he can't develop his hallmark offensive game that got him drafted.

Beaulieu probably holds more value to Montreal than he could ever in a trade, but I still remember when he was ranked so high on the Central Scouting lists and Habs fans thought they got such a steal when he unsurprisingly "fell" to the late teens. I haven't done it but it wouldn't surprise me if I could think of 25 defense prospects I'd rather have then Beaulieu.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Not that Montreal would do that but I'm not sure why Dallas would want Beaulieu anyway. He's shown virtually zero offensive progression since he was 17, he defense/physical tools weren't that great to begin with. He's no where near close to playing in the NHL (He'd be stuck behind at least Oleksiak, Dillon and Nemeth when talking about Stars defensive prospects) and the only truly standout attribute of Beaulieu is his skating and that doesn't mean much if his offense doesn't come through.

Dallas has a great skater, poor offensive instincts defensemen in Daley, however Daley developed a very strong defensive game, something that there is no guarentee Beaulieu can ever do if he can't develop his hallmark offensive game that got him drafted.

Beaulieu probably holds more value to Montreal than he could ever in a trade, but I still remember when he was ranked so high on the Central Scouting lists and Habs fans thought they got such a steal when he unsurprisingly "fell" to the late teens. I haven't done it but it wouldn't surprise me if I could think of 25 defense prospects I'd rather have then Beaulieu.
Yea what a total bust.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Heh you can't do that.

Did you watch Beaulieu? His defense is miles away compared to where he was when we drafted him, he's bulked up quite a bit and has shown few signs of ''busting''.

He was drafted 1 year ago also.

He's on par with the best Defensive prospect out there. (Dougie is better for sure.)

Old
09-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Yea what a total bust.
Never said he was a bust yet, but even the majority of Montreal fans acknowledge his lack of progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Heh you can't do that.

Did you watch Beaulieu? His defense is miles away compared to where he was when we drafted him, he's bulked up quite a bit and has shown few signs of ''busting''.

He was drafted 1 year ago also.

He's on par with the best Defensive prospect out there. (Dougie is better for sure.)
It really isn't. I saw Beaulieu in his draft year and didn't think much of his defense, I saw him last year and didn't see much of a difference. There is absolutely no progression in his offensive game (Besides getting more icetime, and for a guy who was supposed to be an offensive defensemen, PPG on of the best teams in the CHL, and at 19, the peak year for much top prospects offensively, is disappointing.

So what that he was drafted 1 year ago, he's far behind all the other top defensive prospects, even the ones drafted this season.

He's not on par with the best defensive prospects. He's firmly in the second or third tiers. At this point Beaulieu has a long way to go, and it's not like he's got sky high potential either.

Last edited by Faidh ar Rud Eigin: 09-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old
09-15-2012, 02:57 PM
That

Quote:

I'm not a Beaulieu fan at all, but he has absolutely progressed.
He's defense has improved leaps and bounds. He's still prone to dumb decisions like most young defenseman. He's 6'3", strong, fast, has a bullet of a shot, and move the puck with ease. That's a pretty rare skill set.

25 D prospects? I'd take Hamilton, Murray, Brodin, Gormley, Schultz, Rielly, Klefbom, Reinhart, Murphy, Dumba, Lindholm, and Morrow over him. That's 12. Other's who I would rank in the same tier are Ellis, Pouliot, Rundblad, Merrill, and Trouba.
I'd really appreciate it if you list 25 D prospects who are better than him.

Closed Thread