Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Arsenault

vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Arsenault
Cut down their roster to 28 yesterday, not too many surprises other than Hanes who was traded or released prior to blue and white game and Vilardi who was reassigned to his home centre. Prong AP for the last two years, finally made the roster and is joined by DeHass and Cummins as the new comer to the D. Up front they added their two European imports (who looked great in the Rookie scrimmage Sunday but disappeared during the Blue and White game), Huether (acquired from Barrie who looked good during the weekend) and I assume Burgess who did not play any games or participate in the practice due to a concussion received in Russia. Also I believe Desroschers, AP for last few years made the roster. Not sure what happened with Coulton Spicer, as at rookie camp looked strong and played well but was sent back home prior to Monday's Blue and White game. Also Racino official retired from Hockey due to recurring concussion issues.

Overall the teams looks strong and should be a contender , will need to bulk up on D however if they are planning to go all the way. Goaltending (Vienneau/Dupuis) might also be an issue, strong but not exceptional.

As to the rookies let go after yesterday, no one of note except possibly 1 or 2 players that could eventually play big roles in the organization, still 1 year away from playing OHL however. Also I was surprised not to see Crampton (95 D) as he was quite strong at their rookie camp, maybe he decided to follow the NCAA route.

From Crottenham
Thanks for that! From the SCTA how did Eccles and LeBlanc look while in camp?

Response

Eccles did not impress much, big boy but he needs to use his size more. In fairness he was injured throughout the summer so camp might not have been ideal showcase for him. 1, maybe 2 years away from the O, but has potential. Good skaker. Playing Junior B this year which should be a good test for him. One needs to realize that he only has 2 years of AAA hockey under his belt. Obviously if he keeps this development pace will become a key D for any team.

LeBlanc showed well in the Blue and White game, will be on the team next year. Needs to bulk up, but good skater who sees the ice well, anticipates play and has patient with puck. Fun player to watch. A year at Junior A or Junior B will help him out

Old
09-06-2012, 07:25 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Well Sudbury answered the "Who will be the overagers?" question. Schoenmakers was moved to Windsor for a 2013 3rd rounder and a 2016 2nd rounder. Hanes is also 'waiting to be assigned'.

SO it's Kantor, Dodero and Veinneau as the OAs
Windsor actually had some picks left to trade, wow ....

Old
09-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Originally Posted by Arsenault
Cut down their roster to 28 yesterday, not too many surprises other than Hanes who was traded or released prior to blue and white game and Vilardi who was reassigned to his home centre. Prong AP for the last two years, finally made the roster and is joined by DeHass and Cummins as the new comer to the D. Up front they added their two European imports (who looked great in the Rookie scrimmage Sunday but disappeared during the Blue and White game), Huether (acquired from Barrie who looked good during the weekend) and I assume Burgess who did not play any games or participate in the practice due to a concussion received in Russia. Also I believe Desroschers, AP for last few years made the roster. Not sure what happened with Coulton Spicer, as at rookie camp looked strong and played well but was sent back home prior to Monday's Blue and White game. Also Racino official retired from Hockey due to recurring concussion issues.

Overall the teams looks strong and should be a contender , will need to bulk up on D however if they are planning to go all the way. Goaltending (Vienneau/Dupuis) might also be an issue, strong but not exceptional.

As to the rookies let go after yesterday, no one of note except possibly 1 or 2 players that could eventually play big roles in the organization, still 1 year away from playing OHL however. Also I was surprised not to see Crampton (95 D) as he was quite strong at their rookie camp, maybe he decided to follow the NCAA route.

From Crottenham
Thanks for that! From the SCTA how did Eccles and LeBlanc look while in camp?

Response

Eccles did not impress much, big boy but he needs to use his size more. In fairness he was injured throughout the summer so camp might not have been ideal showcase for him. 1, maybe 2 years away from the O, but has potential. Good skaker. Playing Junior B this year which should be a good test for him. One needs to realize that he only has 2 years of AAA hockey under his belt. Obviously if he keeps this development pace will become a key D for any team.

LeBlanc showed well in the Blue and White game, will be on the team next year. Needs to bulk up, but good skater who sees the ice well, anticipates play and has patient with puck. Fun player to watch. A year at Junior A or Junior B will help him out
Thanks for that! By all indications, LeBlanc playing midget in Oakville but will no doubt get some time with the Blades.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:27 AM
everett331

It's this there top six defence this year ?

Justin Sefton, Jeff Corbett, Mackenzie Braid, Frank Corrado, Charlie Dodero,Ryan Hanes.

Is Evan dehann going to make the team ?

Old
09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by everett331 View Post

Justin Sefton, Jeff Corbett, Mackenzie Braid, Frank Corrado, Charlie Dodero,Ryan Hanes.

And don't forget Conor Cummins. First round pick is guaranteed to be on the team.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:

Hanes has been cut. Expect Conor Communs to take his place. de Haan will be a 6-7th defenceman.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:07 AM
everett331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Hanes has been cut. Expect Conor Communs to take his place. de Haan will be a 6-7th defenceman.
thanks, just curious as Dehann play last year for my home team the Kings, just was wondering how he was doing

Old
09-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Arsenault

Quote:

Hanes has been traded, expect Cummings and Prong fighting for 6th spot on rotation. Dehann may end up being odd man out. He is a great skater with good offensive upside possibility but he needs to bulk up.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Hanes has been traded, expect Cummings and Prong fighting for 6th spot on rotation. Dehann may end up being odd man out. He is a great skater with good offensive upside possibility but he needs to bulk up.
Unfortunately, Evan takes after his mother physically (tall and thin) whereas his brother takes after their father. Hopefully he can put on some beef because he definitely has the skill to play in the O.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
everett331

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Unfortunately, Evan takes after his mother physically (tall and thin) whereas his brother takes after their father. Hopefully he can put on some beef because he definitely has the skill to play in the O.
My thought where he was small as well watching him play last year in junior a. He was paired with a guy who like to fight and was 20 yrs. which worked well for him. He definately has alot of skill and plays his position well, but my thoughts with him playing in the O is that he would be in trouble facing teams that dump and chase and could be injury prone.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:10 PM
wings5

Quote:
Heard he played decent during camp and lol tall at 5'11?

Old
09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Wolves win their first Exhibition game 4-3 in a shootout against the SOO

Goals were score by Zach Mcfadden, Kubalik, and Jake Ryan

Old
09-07-2012, 07:03 AM
ottawah

Quote:
His brother is not actually that big. Generous height at 6 foot, 180 pounds. Evan is shorter for sure. Evan is a real energy guy though, and very smart.

Old
09-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Radzy

Quote:
Hanes has been traded? To who? For what?

Old
09-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Loosie

Any word on this year's captain? I read a story in the Sudbury Star that sound like a pitch to make Silk the captain. But I think it would better for Sefton or Leivo. Thoughts?

Old
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
wings5

Quote:
Any word on this year's captain? I read a story in the Sudbury Star that sound like a pitch to make Silk the captain. But I think it would better for Sefton or Leivo. Thoughts?
Definately not Sefton. Leivo should be the first choice and other options would be Dodero, Cantor, Campagna, Pancel.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:06 AM
ORYX

Any thoughts on Hanes? I see Sudbury is allowing Kitchener 5 days to evaluate him.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Definately not Sefton. Leivo should be the first choice and other options would be Dodero, Cantor, Campagna, Pancel.
Campagna? You mean the guy who lays on the ice pouting everytime he gets hit? Give me a break.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Hockeyfriend

Trade Rumors

Is there any?

Chartrand is gone so the goalie situation is set!

What about D?
What about forwards?

Forward they are deeper. Who they move to make room for specific players?

Old
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Campagna? You mean the guy who lays on the ice pouting everytime he gets hit? Give me a break.
I havn't seen that....But regardless there are of course other options before him.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Hawks3

How does Ray Heuther look. I didnt see him on the roster yet. Will he make it?

Old
09-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Radzy

Quote:
Who has Hanes been traded too? I cant find any info that supports this

Old
09-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Loosie

He hasn't been traded but is on a 5-day try out with Kitchener.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylaguna View Post
How does Ray Heuther look. I didnt see him on the roster yet. Will he make it?
He is looking good! Should make the team - however, will he come as a 4th liner given that he has played a strong role in Stratford?

Same as Ryan - will they take a 19 year old OHL rookie? BS made a statement last year when he cut a few players at the end that they did not want to have a 4th line rookie 19 year old - that should be for the 16 year olds. However, he should make it.

Let's put it on the table. First line is set and like last year will remain intact (more or less) the entire season and few will be able to break into it. That is Kantor, Leivo and Pancel.

2nd line is Campagna (even though not playing like a 2nd liner), Silk and now Baptiste. This line as a unit has done zero in preseason. Might not be the best combination where a guy like Ryan or Heuter would fit in...but not likely.

The bottom 6 are good but are they prepared to be a bottom 6 on this team.

Who will be the odd man out on forward?

Will they make trades before the season starts?

Defence - pretty clear except one spot, but believe looks like this:

Corrado/Sefton
Dodero/Cummins
Corbett/Prong
De Hann

I think that Braid will be moved.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Loosie

Quote:
He hasn't been traded but is on a 5-day try out with Kitchener.
He has now been officially traded to Kitchener for a conditional 14th round pick, that becomes an 8th round pick 'if the conditions are met' No word on the conditions though.

http://www.sudburywolves.com/article...e-with-rangers

Closed Thread