HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1151515

Part III above.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640371

08-28-2012, 09:39 AM
crashthenet

http://islanders.thecheckingline.com...-hostage-nhlpa

Worth reading for the Hull quote.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:58 AM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
It definitely would be nice if Kichton turns out to be a MacDonald clone

Old
08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Wagner

Just the way the draft went and not signing him after his numbers I could see him being another spurgeon

Old
08-29-2012, 06:53 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1118
Kitchon said at the end of this summer's prospect camp, that he'd be at Sept.'s NYI training camp.

I'm not sure if he'll end up in juniors or Bridgeport for the 2012-2013 season.

Keep in mind that AHL time counts toward NHL free agency. If Kitchon is not getting a lot of icetime in Bridgeport this season, but it still burns a yr off his ufa status, then signing him and sending him to the AHL instead of back to juniors,makes very little sense imo.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2012...op-25-under-25
Kichton won't turn 20 until June 18, so he could technically return for another season of juniors or be signed and assigned to the AHL. An intriguing case with good skating and offensive instincts, he lands at #21 on our May poll for the top 25 Islanders under age 25.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Wagner

Good business would be to sign him at fair market value for a 5 th round pick , if there is a strike put him back in junior. If you don't sign him and put him back in junior and he puts up the same numbers he may not sign and then go back in draft

Old
08-29-2012, 07:48 AM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
Good business would be to sign him at fair market value for a 5 th round pick , if there is a strike put him back in junior. If you don't sign him and put him back in junior and he puts up the same numbers he may not sign and then go back in draft
I think he'd become a UFA

Old
08-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
He'd actually then become a UFA. His time as an eligible draftee is out.

He was actually skipped over in one, if not two, years of draft eligibility.

I too would like to see him signed. I recognize the posturing bit with respect to the CBA talks, but I don't see what this kid needs to prove with a fifth WHL season. He should be developing at the next level now.

I guess however, that the team knows that it has more than enough defensive bodies at the moment in the case of a lockout. They'd technically even be allowed to have Hamonic down in the AHL, if I remember correctly. They'll obviously have Donovan, Ness, de Haan and Wishart there.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Wagner

He would definitely be back in draft

Old
08-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
He would definitely be back in draft
I'm not sure how it works exactly, but Brenden was eligible for the 2010 draft and wasn't taken.

Then he went to us in the 2011 draft. He recently turned 20 right before this draft (June 18th).

If he plays another year of junior (it would be his 5th) and isn't signed, then he'll turn 21 just 10 days before the 2013 draft.

According to my knowledge, he'd be ineligible to re-enter the draft due to his age.

There's also this at Wikipedia:
Eligible players

All players who will be 18 years old before September 14 and not older than 20 years old before December 31 are eligible for selection for that year's NHL Entry Draft. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.

Of course, who knows what a new CBA will stipulate.

Old
09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
KrisBeKreame

Did we ever finish our Prospect list? I cant Remember

Old
09-14-2012, 09:09 AM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

It really will be a shame if there is no season this year. We are starting to see a lot of our prospects get closer and closer to the NHL, and I was really looking forward to seeing who would make some noise this year at Bridgeport.

Guys like deHaan or Donovan(whoever doesn't make the Isles out of camp), Ness, Nelson, Kichton, Persson, Kabanov, Sundstrom. I can't remember the last time we had this much high-end young talent playing in the AHL.

I really hope there's a season so we could hopefully get to see one or two of these guys get a shot on the Island at some point this year.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
It really will be a shame if there is no season this year. We are starting to see a lot of our prospects get closer and closer to the NHL, and I was really looking forward to seeing who would make some noise this year at Bridgeport.

Guys like deHaan or Donovan(whoever doesn't make the Isles out of camp), Ness, Nelson, Kichton, Persson, Kabanov, Sundstrom. I can't remember the last time we had this much high-end young talent playing in the AHL.

I really hope there's a season so we could hopefully get to see one or two of these guys get a shot on the Island at some point this year.
I really don't see the season starting before January, best case scenario November. I think the fact that teams are sending their stud prospects to Junior (Florida sent Huberdeau back to Saint John of the Q and Columbus sent Murray to Everett of the WHL), is a sign that we won't be seeing NHL hockey anythime soon. I believe you can't recall them once sent down, and I wouldn't be shocked to see many more close-to-NHL'ers sent back to Junior.

That being said, can we watch Bridgeport on their website ? I will definitely be trying to catch the Soundtigers online if/when the NHL is locked out.

Old
09-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Degeneration Rex

The Juniors begin the regular season next Thursday. Luckily most teams have free
online radio broadcasts if you want to listen.

Old
09-14-2012, 11:59 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
The Juniors begin the regular season next Thursday. Luckily most teams have free
online radio broadcasts if you want to listen.
I'm more interested in the Bridgeport Soundtigersgames, hopefully you can watch them streamed from their website. Watching Junior games can become pricey, I think they charge like $2.99 a game or something.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I'm more interested in the Bridgeport Soundtigersgames, hopefully you can watch them streamed from their website. Watching Junior games can become pricey, I think they charge like $2.99 a game or something.
Try $6-7 per game. Ordered a few Everett games last season to see Murray. A bit pricey but definitely worth it if you want to get a closer look at a prospect/prospects.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:28 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
I really don't see the season starting before January, best case scenario November. I think the fact that teams are sending their stud prospects to Junior (Florida sent Huberdeau back to Saint John of the Q and Columbus sent Murray to Everett of the WHL), is a sign that we won't be seeing NHL hockey anythime soon. I believe you can't recall them once sent down, and I wouldn't be shocked to see many more close-to-NHL'ers sent back to Junior.

That being said, can we watch Bridgeport on their website ? I will definitely be trying to catch the Soundtigers online if/when the NHL is locked out.
The CHL-NHL agreement ended so some of the rules have gone away, however I remeber reading a thread on the prospects boards that there was an agreement for the owners to be able to recall the CHL players to training camp whenever the NHL season was going to begin.

Old
09-14-2012, 01:46 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
The CHL-NHL agreement ended so some of the rules have gone away, however I remeber reading a thread on the prospects boards that there was an agreement for the owners to be able to recall the CHL players to training camp whenever the NHL season was going to begin.
This makes sense. Though, IF the lockout lasts until January, I would think most teams will leave their guys in Juniors. I think the only positive of the lockout, would be for guys like Strome and Reinhart. I don't care how great they could have possibly looked at training camp, they need another year down in their junior leagues.

Old
09-14-2012, 02:11 PM
redbull
respect, earned.

Quote:
This makes sense. Though, IF the lockout lasts until January, I would think most teams will leave their guys in Juniors. I think the only positive of the lockout, would be for guys like Strome and Reinhart. I don't care how great they could have possibly looked at training camp, they need another year down in their junior leagues.
And Niederreiter, Cizikas, Nelson, Kabanov, Joensuu, Ullstrom, deHaan, Donovan - all these guys could use the extra seasoning in the AHL.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Degeneration Rex

Brendan Kichton is back with his junior team. He had 1 goal and an assist in Spokane's 4-2
pre-season win against Tri-City. The juniors leagues begin regular season play on Thursday.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Brendan Kichton is back with his junior team. He had 1 goal and an assist in Spokane's 4-2
pre-season win against Tri-City. The juniors leagues begin regular season play on Thursday.
I think he'll have a hard time generating the motivation necessary to dominate as he should.

At this point, he should be theoretically having a 25-70-95 type of season.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I think he'll have a hard time generating the motivation necessary to dominate as he should.

At this point, he should be theoretically having a 25-70-95 type of season.
Agree he has nothing to prove or gain playing another year in junior.
Wonder if they sign him and send him to Bridgeport when and if the lockout ends
and there is a roster spot for him.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:49 AM
BennyBST

Prospects that will benefit the most in Juniors during the lockout.

1. Strome, he and Dougie Hamilton will get to be a giant part of rebuilding Niagara team that looks like it could compete to be a top team in the OHL again. Let's face it Strome isn't NHL ready quite yet and a full year in the OHL will be huge for him.

2. Reinhart, his situation is much similar to Strome's. EDM should be the best team in the WHL. They could be preseason favorites to win the Memorial Cup.

3. Kichton, however he is AHL ready, but no place to play in the AHL. It gives more time for the Islanders to decide if they want to sign him. There should/will be a spot for him in the AHL in 2013-2014 when Wishart and McIvor come off the books and one must figure de Haan and/or Donovan or possibly Ness will be NHL ready. I expect Pedan, Kichton and Mayfield to be part of the next wave of prospects playing in the AHL.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Veteran journeyman

Question: If Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is allowed to play in the AHL during the lockout (assigned there by Edmonton), why can't Strome play for B-port? The under-20 rule expired with the CBA, to my knowledge, and I've read conflicting info. on whether the AHL would continue to honor the arrangement while a new CBA is negotiated. But RNH is 19, and does not turn 20 until April 2013, so unless I'm mistaken, he wouldn't be allowed to play in the AHL under the previous arrangement. If that's so, and he is playing there because the arrangement is expired, wouldn't it be good for Strome to play in the AHL as well? Maybe even Reinhart?

Old
09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Griffin Reinhart named captain of the Edmonton Oil Kings.

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
Closed Thread