HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins extend Milan Lucic for 3 years/$18 million

Old
09-15-2012, 11:37 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
One of the best posts in the thread quoted by this, one of the worst. Come on, man. You really believe this?
You haven't even considered how Lucic's contract will affect what a guy like Lupul will make.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:37 AM
patty59

worth every cent

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:38 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
worth every cent
Yep. Every team in the league would pay Lucic $6m.

09-15-2012, 11:38 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Probably a top 10 fighter and voted by his peers as the toughest player in the league.

And I have no idea what your last statement means. If Crosby doesn't put up points, he's a 4th liner making 8 million a year.
Crosby is Crosby... he's going to put up points. But the point was in response to the original post where he suggested Lucic doesn't have to put up points to contribute to the team. Which isn't really true when he's making 6 million a year.

He's a top 10 middleweight fighter sure... probably top 3 fairly easily. But he can't fight heavyweights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
One of the best posts in the thread quoted by this, one of the worst. Come on, man. You really believe this?
Funny how one of the best posts in the thread is a thread praising him eh? I believe what I see and that is a slow player with limited skill thriving off of the team/line/PP time he receives.. similar to Neal scoring 40 because he plays with Malkin.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:41 AM
b in vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Has the most amount of goals for the past two years on a contending team playing well under the usual amount of minutes a top line scorer gets

Top three in points on the Bruins during that same span

Leads the team in hits since his rookie year

One of the best young fighters in the league

Growing league wide reputation and recognition: voted by his peers as toughest forward and second toughest forward to play against, only Datsyuk was higher

Top 10 jersey sales since his sophomore year

Epitomizes Bruins tradition and a direct link in style to a time that Bruins fans recognize as the glory days of the team.

Best pure power forward in the league.

There's no question about it, he's worth every penny. Some people are too clueless to see it.
I agree completely.
Added to that - from Lucic's point of view - power forwards often don't last as long so I don't blame him for capitalizing while he can as these next four years will most likely be the best of his career and the style he plays can lead to injuries.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:43 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Crosby is Crosby... he's going to put up points. But the point was in response to the original post where he suggested Lucic doesn't have to put up points to contribute to the team. Which isn't really true when he's making 6 million a year.

He's a top 10 middleweight fighter sure... probably top 3 fairly easily. But he can't fight heavyweights.
actually, if you look up his fight card, he's done quite well against heavyweights as a kid. He's only getting tougher. Really, his only lopsided loss was to Orr, and he's fought some very tough hombres.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:45 AM
b in vancouver

[QUOTE=Jtown;54338849]Lucic is one of best forwards in the game, and has a skill set that is rarely seen now a days.

Intimidators/ fighters that can pot 30 goals in a season are a rare breed. Lucic is among the best fighters in the game if not the best and his willingness to fight and intimate the opposition is always a concern.

I must be hungover - but that made me laugh. Any love's good love but yes - if he's intimate with the opposition it probably would be a concern.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post

Funny how one of the best posts in the thread is a thread praising him eh? I believe what I see and that is a slow player with limited skill thriving off of the team/line/PP time he receives.. similar to Neal scoring 40 because he plays with Malkin.
I like Pat Kane, He is a skilled player and a fun player to watch. But if pat kane does not score in a game , chances are he has no contribution to the game simply because he is not there to play defense, be physical or fight. He is there to be a playmaker. Playmakers are rare these days and are highly regarded.

Lucic, can bring all those elements to a game plus intimidate the opposition. Lucic forechecking you is on the mind of many defenseman playing the puck. I cant think of too many forwards that can do that in this league. And btw lucic scored 5 less points than kane last year so really think long and hard about the value of this unique player.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Frankie Spankie

Ugh, Lucic hasn't been the same since his ankle injury. He's been fairly invisible in the playoffs in the past two seasons and isn't nearly as physical as he used to be. I know everybody disagrees with me but I think the best we've seen of Lucic was the 2009 playoffs. If it was that Lucic, I would be happy paying the $6 million/year contract. He doesn't seem to care enough anymore to earn that kind of money. This seems at least $1 million above for an overrated player to me.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Jtown

[QUOTE=b in vancouver;54339283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Lucic is one of best forwards in the game, and has a skill set that is rarely seen now a days.

Intimidators/ fighters that can pot 30 goals in a season are a rare breed. Lucic is among the best fighters in the game if not the best and his willingness to fight and intimate the opposition is always a concern.

I must be hungover - but that made me laugh. Any love's good love but yes - if he's intimate with the opposition it probably would be a concern.
lol my bad. Good catch.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:49 AM
nwaZ

Decent signing. Could've been slightly less (5.5 IMO), but he's valuable to Boston both on the ice and off the ice.

Comparables: Zetterberg, the Sedins, Patrik Elias, Sharp, Cammalleri, Toews and Kane on 6,3.

Overpayment in the end methinks but it works out anyway IF the scores +60 points and keep playing physichal.

nwaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:53 AM
zoA

It's a slight overpayment, but like someone else already said, all 29 other teams would make the same overpayment for Lucic. There's no way any poster can honestly say they would let Lucic walk if this was the contract he asked for, just doesn't happen. Either way it's only 500-750k over what I believe he should make, and that's with a longer term. Good on the Bruins for extending their identity.

zoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:58 AM
School of WristShot

Seems like an slight over payment...

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:59 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
He's not a 6m player, but this team has a completely different system and identity without him. It's worth it, I think. It's only three years if it doesn't work out, too. Although I'm sure he'll kick it into high gear with this.
I am 'blessed' to be seeing him 6 times a year and I couldn't agree more

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

it's overpayment, but every team in the league would want a lucic even at that price

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:05 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
it's overpayment, but every team in the league would want a lucic even at that price
No, they would not.

Idiotic price.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Islanderfan17

Milan "Do you know who the **** I am?!" Lucic

No, but really, good for the Bruins. This guy is one hell of a player to watch, and you absolutely hate him if he's not on your team.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:10 PM
GoBs

Like the cap hit, but wish it were a longer term.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:10 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
...then its not really overpayment, right?

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:14 PM
PJ StockBB

slight overpayment but i'm still happy with it. he's such a huge reason for our turnaround and for our physical identity that without Lucic i don't think our team could play our style of hockey. he has one more year left at four million, my hope is, and what i expect, is at this time next year everyone will think Lucic's contract is at the very least fair because he put up another 30 goal, 60+ point season while also bringing the physical element to the game he always brings

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:15 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

I think it's a little much as well! But it's only for 3 years so w/e!

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:19 PM
SDig14

If he keeps up the production that he has had in the past, then he will earn his money considering everything else he brings to the table.

That being said, if his productions slides the deal could look a bit ugly, which is why I think the Bruins were very smart doing a 3 year deal. If his production is down they can sign him to a cheaper deal, but there is really no risk of him going out and playing so well that he will get a big raise down the road. I can't see Lucic being worth more than 6 million in 3 years, so the shorter limits some of the risk that his production dips.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

too much, but he is the face of the franchise.
They didnt have much choice.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:21 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
It might be small overpayment but I think every team is willing to give Lucic that contract. Some even more.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
EastCoastNiner

It's not a massive overpayment especially if he is still an RFA after his deal, which is very likely.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote