HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Ott

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 11:16 AM
CarknerCountry

vCash: 500
Tor-Ott

Tor:

Puempel
3rd round pick

Ott:

Franson

Old
09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
MAK19

lock er up

good god. If the Sens wanted a 7th D, they could just sign a free agent

Old
09-15-2012, 11:18 AM
PeterForsberg

How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.
Going by the threadstarter's name, I'm guessing this is an Ottawa trade proposal.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
dan1el

Why are we adding a pick to a good prospect for a guy who would be our 7th or 8th d-man this year? And then probably spend most of his time in the minors?

Old
09-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Tor:

Puempel
3rd round pick

Ott:

Franson
Guy clearly has no clue who puemple is, Plus Frason is pretty garbage!

Old
09-15-2012, 12:11 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Guy clearly has no clue who puemple is, Plus Frason is pretty garbage!
talk about having a clue... watch some hockey would you

Old
09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Watching hockey, he would have frequently noticed Franson being absent from the lineup because he was a healthy scratch. He would have noticed that when he actually played, Franson played 3rd pairing minutes. He couldn't even be trusted to play minutes on a crappy team that certainly could have used some defensive help.

Just because he is on the Leafs, it doesn't mean he is a good player. Please realize this.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Brody
Lol

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
This, the amount of hate Franson gets is crazy

also, I think I read somewhere that Puempel has been disappointing ever since being drafted. Anyone know it that was about him?

Old
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Just because he is on the Leafs, it doesn't mean he is a good player. Please realize this.
It's funny that you say this, because we both know that around here, anybody wearing a Leaf jersey is automatically less valuable.

Franson would NOT be your 8th d-man lmfao

Old
09-15-2012, 12:31 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
It's funny that you say this, because we both know that around here, anybody wearing a Leaf jersey is automatically less valuable.

No, it doesn't make you less valuable. Leafs THINK it does, because they overrate their players to begin with. Don't you understand?

People value Leafs correctly, but Leafs fans overvalue them.

I didn't say that he would be the 8th. He would be the 6/7.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:32 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
To the OP, its good (i.e. horrendously bad) to see CC still around. So we are taking a good prospect and trading him for what can only be described as a 4th pairing Dman. And WE add a 3rd!? Ah, CarknerCountry, never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
Sadly, the OP is (allegedly) a Sens fan. But in reality, he loves to post ridiculous trade proposals that Bryan Murray wouldn't do even if he was on acid and hadn't slept in a month.

Quote:
Watching hockey, he would have frequently noticed Franson being absent from the lineup because he was a healthy scratch. He would have noticed that when he actually played, Franson played 3rd pairing minutes. He couldn't even be trusted to play minutes on a crappy team that certainly could have used some defensive help.

Wow, this is a historic day. I actually agree with something posted by MAK. Maybe the world really is ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
This, the amount of hate Franson gets is crazy

also, I think I read somewhere that Puempel has been disappointing ever since being drafted. Anyone know it that was about him?
He was drafted in the 2011 draft. Its been just one season since his draft, and it was subpar, but Sens fans are drastically overreacting. The kid isn't even 20 yet. We will not be selling low on him, and the OP is, lets just say, typical of the stuff CarknerCountry posts on here.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
TieClark

Quote:
No, it doesn't make you less valuable. Leafs THINK it does, because they overrate their players to begin with. Don't you understand?

He'd be 5/6... he's right around Kuba which would place him on the 3rd pairing

Old
09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:

Karlsson
Cowen
Methot
Gonchar
Phillips

There are 5 that are clearly ahead of him, and I would even put the following guys ahead of him, some because they are arguably better, and some to give them a chance since their upside is much higher :

Ceci
Wiercioch
Lundin
Gilroy

That's at least 9 guys ahead of Franson. Even if you discount the second grouping (the first group are all very clearly ahead of him), we will not give up one of our best prospects (and a sniping winger, a big need for us) for someone who is, at best, a 6th Dman. Us adding a 3rd makes the OP even more ridiculously one-sided. Would you do Kadri and a 3rd for Lundin or Gilroy? Thought not.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:52 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
He'd be 5/6... he's right around Kuba which would place him on the 3rd pairing

Kuba is on Florida

and most importantly

Kuba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franson

Old
09-15-2012, 12:54 PM
dubey
So hot right now

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've ever read

1) OP is a Sens fan
2) I don't think anyone posting above me have seen either guy play

Old
09-15-2012, 01:05 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Awhhh hellz naww!

No way Ottawa would pay that much for Franson lol

Old
09-15-2012, 01:11 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

Not a fan of Franson but this is incredibly incorrect. The majority of the time it actually turns out to be the opposite. Leaf fans in recent memory have called the rough value of every player dealt while every other fan believed it to be significantly less (see Beauchemin, Kaberle, Schenn, etc.)

Old
09-15-2012, 01:13 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Awhhh hellz naww!

No way Ottawa would pay that much for Franson lol
ROFL. You Sens fans are funny. If you actually watched hockey you'd know Franson played well last year but was a victem of offensive defensemen we have. But then I'm sure Gardiner, Liles and Dion are all crap too.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Let me set the record straight about Franson for those of you on the outside looking in.

Franson vastly outplayed the likes of Mike Komisarek and Luke Schenn last season, I don't think any Leafs fan would despute this fact. The reason why Franson was the odd man out for a good portion of the season was because he doesn't bring the elements Komisarek and Schenn do, physicality and shot blocking.
Since Carlyle/Wilson needed these two in the line up to provide these elements, they instantly had a spot over Franson.

Now factor in that fact that Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles and Gunnarsson are better puck movers/distributors, so they are instantly ahead of Franson on the defensive depth chart.

When it comes down to it, Franson was our 5th best defenseman last season, but was pushed out of the top six because he couldn't bring the physical stay-at-home game that Komi and Schenn provide.

I'm not saying he would be Ottawa's 5th best defenseman, I'm just saying he is much more useful than most think, and would be a very important piece on a team that needs a big, steady offensive defenseman with a great shot. Just because he was a 7th defenseman on the Leafs by circumstance doesn't mean he should be labelled a 7th defenseman throughout the league.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:26 PM
TieClark

Quote:

Kuba is on Florida

and most importantly

Kuba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franson
I'm simply looking at last years D taking out Carkner who I knew left. Kuba is not any better than Franson... that was exactly the point of the poster who said leafs automatically lose value on here, you weren't wrong saying leaf fans overrate their players but that is the same of every fan base. I'm forgetting Methot as well from the Foligno trade so that still makes Franson a 3rd pairing defender on the Sens

Old
09-15-2012, 01:53 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

The Leafs say no way.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just because he was a 7th defenseman on the Leafs by circumstance doesn't mean he should be labelled a 7th defenseman throughout the league.
He was a 7th dman on a lottery team. On league average, that makes him even lower, ie, an average team would just healthy scratch him even more often.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:15 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:

David Poile, a very good NHL GM thought so little of Franson he gave him away to dump Lombardi's cap hit. Franson isn't not valuable because he's a Leaf, he's not valuable because he's not very good.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:22 PM
abhanot

I don't want Ottawa's garbage. I don't want to get rid of Franson. He is a 2nd pairing defencemen, him and Gardiner on the PP would be crazy good. Stop putting him in proposals!

Closed Thread