HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Ott

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2012, 11:16 AM
  #1
CarknerCountry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Tor-Ott

Tor:

Puempel
3rd round pick

Ott:

Franson

CarknerCountry is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
  #2
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 500
lock er up



good god. If the Sens wanted a 7th D, they could just sign a free agent

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:18 AM
  #3
PeterForsberg
Registered User
 
PeterForsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laval, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.

PeterForsberg is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
  #4
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.
Going by the threadstarter's name, I'm guessing this is an Ottawa trade proposal.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
  #5
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500


Why are we adding a pick to a good prospect for a guy who would be our 7th or 8th d-man this year? And then probably spend most of his time in the minors?

dan1el is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  #6
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Tor:

Puempel
3rd round pick

Ott:

Franson
Guy clearly has no clue who puemple is, Plus Frason is pretty garbage!

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:11 PM
  #7
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Guy clearly has no clue who puemple is, Plus Frason is pretty garbage!
talk about having a clue... watch some hockey would you

TML g u n n e R s* is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
  #8
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
talk about having a clue... watch some hockey would you
Watching hockey, he would have frequently noticed Franson being absent from the lineup because he was a healthy scratch. He would have noticed that when he actually played, Franson played 3rd pairing minutes. He couldn't even be trusted to play minutes on a crappy team that certainly could have used some defensive help.

Just because he is on the Leafs, it doesn't mean he is a good player. Please realize this.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:24 PM
  #9
Brody
Lol
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 7,584
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
talk about having a clue... watch some hockey would you
This, the amount of hate Franson gets is crazy

also, I think I read somewhere that Puempel has been disappointing ever since being drafted. Anyone know it that was about him?

Brody is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
  #10
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Just because he is on the Leafs, it doesn't mean he is a good player. Please realize this.
It's funny that you say this, because we both know that around here, anybody wearing a Leaf jersey is automatically less valuable.

Franson would NOT be your 8th d-man lmfao

Gavy is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:31 PM
  #11
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
It's funny that you say this, because we both know that around here, anybody wearing a Leaf jersey is automatically less valuable.

Franson would NOT be your 8th d-man lmfao
No, it doesn't make you less valuable. Leafs THINK it does, because they overrate their players to begin with. Don't you understand?

People value Leafs correctly, but Leafs fans overvalue them.

I didn't say that he would be the 8th. He would be the 6/7.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:32 PM
  #12
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
To the OP, its good (i.e. horrendously bad) to see CC still around. So we are taking a good prospect and trading him for what can only be described as a 4th pairing Dman. And WE add a 3rd!? Ah, CarknerCountry, never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.
Sadly, the OP is (allegedly) a Sens fan. But in reality, he loves to post ridiculous trade proposals that Bryan Murray wouldn't do even if he was on acid and hadn't slept in a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Watching hockey, he would have frequently noticed Franson being absent from the lineup because he was a healthy scratch. He would have noticed that when he actually played, Franson played 3rd pairing minutes. He couldn't even be trusted to play minutes on a crappy team that certainly could have used some defensive help.

Just because he is on the Leafs, it doesn't mean he is a good player. Please realize this.
Wow, this is a historic day. I actually agree with something posted by MAK. Maybe the world really is ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
This, the amount of hate Franson gets is crazy

also, I think I read somewhere that Puempel has been disappointing ever since being drafted. Anyone know it that was about him?
He was drafted in the 2011 draft. Its been just one season since his draft, and it was subpar, but Sens fans are drastically overreacting. The kid isn't even 20 yet. We will not be selling low on him, and the OP is, lets just say, typical of the stuff CarknerCountry posts on here.

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
  #13
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
No, it doesn't make you less valuable. Leafs THINK it does, because they overrate their players to begin with. Don't you understand?

People value Leafs correctly, but Leafs fans overvalue them.

I didn't say that he would be the 8th. He would be the 6/7.
He'd be 5/6... he's right around Kuba which would place him on the 3rd pairing

TieClark is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
  #14
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
It's funny that you say this, because we both know that around here, anybody wearing a Leaf jersey is automatically less valuable.

Franson would NOT be your 8th d-man lmfao
Karlsson
Cowen
Methot
Gonchar
Phillips

There are 5 that are clearly ahead of him, and I would even put the following guys ahead of him, some because they are arguably better, and some to give them a chance since their upside is much higher :

Ceci
Wiercioch
Lundin
Gilroy

That's at least 9 guys ahead of Franson. Even if you discount the second grouping (the first group are all very clearly ahead of him), we will not give up one of our best prospects (and a sniping winger, a big need for us) for someone who is, at best, a 6th Dman. Us adding a 3rd makes the OP even more ridiculously one-sided. Would you do Kadri and a 3rd for Lundin or Gilroy? Thought not.

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:52 PM
  #15
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
He'd be 5/6... he's right around Kuba which would place him on the 3rd pairing




Kuba is on Florida



and most importantly


Kuba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franson

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:54 PM
  #16
dubey
So hot right now
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,860
vCash: 500
This is one of the most bizarre threads I've ever read

1) OP is a Sens fan
2) I don't think anyone posting above me have seen either guy play

dubey is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:05 PM
  #17
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,520
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Awhhh hellz naww!

No way Ottawa would pay that much for Franson lol

OmniSens is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:11 PM
  #18
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
No, it doesn't make you less valuable. Leafs THINK it does, because they overrate their players to begin with. Don't you understand?

People value Leafs correctly, but Leafs fans overvalue them.

I didn't say that he would be the 8th. He would be the 6/7.
Not a fan of Franson but this is incredibly incorrect. The majority of the time it actually turns out to be the opposite. Leaf fans in recent memory have called the rough value of every player dealt while every other fan believed it to be significantly less (see Beauchemin, Kaberle, Schenn, etc.)

The Podium is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:13 PM
  #19
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Awhhh hellz naww!

No way Ottawa would pay that much for Franson lol
ROFL. You Sens fans are funny. If you actually watched hockey you'd know Franson played well last year but was a victem of offensive defensemen we have. But then I'm sure Gardiner, Liles and Dion are all crap too.

BlueBaron is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:24 PM
  #20
Drew311
Bustlander
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,080
vCash: 500
Let me set the record straight about Franson for those of you on the outside looking in.

Franson vastly outplayed the likes of Mike Komisarek and Luke Schenn last season, I don't think any Leafs fan would despute this fact. The reason why Franson was the odd man out for a good portion of the season was because he doesn't bring the elements Komisarek and Schenn do, physicality and shot blocking.
Since Carlyle/Wilson needed these two in the line up to provide these elements, they instantly had a spot over Franson.

Now factor in that fact that Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles and Gunnarsson are better puck movers/distributors, so they are instantly ahead of Franson on the defensive depth chart.

When it comes down to it, Franson was our 5th best defenseman last season, but was pushed out of the top six because he couldn't bring the physical stay-at-home game that Komi and Schenn provide.

I'm not saying he would be Ottawa's 5th best defenseman, I'm just saying he is much more useful than most think, and would be a very important piece on a team that needs a big, steady offensive defenseman with a great shot. Just because he was a 7th defenseman on the Leafs by circumstance doesn't mean he should be labelled a 7th defenseman throughout the league.

Drew311 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:26 PM
  #21
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post




Kuba is on Florida



and most importantly


Kuba >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franson
I'm simply looking at last years D taking out Carkner who I knew left. Kuba is not any better than Franson... that was exactly the point of the poster who said leafs automatically lose value on here, you weren't wrong saying leaf fans overrate their players but that is the same of every fan base. I'm forgetting Methot as well from the Foligno trade so that still makes Franson a 3rd pairing defender on the Sens

TieClark is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:53 PM
  #22
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
The Leafs say no way.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 01:56 PM
  #23
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just because he was a 7th defenseman on the Leafs by circumstance doesn't mean he should be labelled a 7th defenseman throughout the league.
He was a 7th dman on a lottery team. On league average, that makes him even lower, ie, an average team would just healthy scratch him even more often.

Vsevolod Bobrov is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 02:15 PM
  #24
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
It's funny that you say this, because we both know that around here, anybody wearing a Leaf jersey is automatically less valuable.

Franson would NOT be your 8th d-man lmfao
David Poile, a very good NHL GM thought so little of Franson he gave him away to dump Lombardi's cap hit. Franson isn't not valuable because he's a Leaf, he's not valuable because he's not very good.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 02:22 PM
  #25
abhanot
Registered User
 
abhanot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
I don't want Ottawa's garbage. I don't want to get rid of Franson. He is a 2nd pairing defencemen, him and Gardiner on the PP would be crazy good. Stop putting him in proposals!

abhanot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.