HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Ott

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
This, the amount of hate Franson gets is crazy

also, I think I read somewhere that Puempel has been disappointing ever since being drafted. Anyone know it that was about him?
OHL 30 17 16 33 31
I don't know if a PPG player is disappointing...well maybe for the Sens it is.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Drew311
Play Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
He was a 7th dman on a lottery team. On league average, that makes him even lower, ie, an average team would just healthy scratch him even more often.
I'm under the impression you only read the last paragraph of my previous post, or you have some kind of comprehension issue.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:36 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

So why is Ottawa trading a solid prospect for a bottom pairing defenceman? And we throw in a pick?

Awful trade for the Sens...

Old
09-15-2012, 01:40 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
David Poile, a very good NHL GM thought so little of Franson he gave him away to dump Lombardi's cap hit. Franson isn't not valuable because he's a Leaf, he's not valuable because he's not very good.
In case you've missed it, we're about to enter another lockout in a few hours because teams like Nashville are losing money and therefore cannot afford to pay a guy who may not even play for a 2nd consecutive season 4 million dollars

Old
09-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I'm under the impression you only read the last paragraph of my previous post, or you have some kind of comprehension issue.
I also read the part where you said Franson "vastly outplayed" Schenn (who was the future Adam Foote when he was a Leaf). Another good example of how Leafs fans overrate their players. I wonder what you guys will have to say about Phaneuf/Kessel when they're gone in two years.

Old
TheRollingPuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Not sure if Franson is that bad or just not that good.

Old
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmythesMinions View Post
OHL 30 17 16 33 31
I don't know if a PPG player is disappointing...well maybe for the Sens it is.
As an overager in the OHL that's pretty underwhelming. He's playing against kids 2-3 years younger than him a lot of the time

Old
09-15-2012, 01:44 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
As an overager in the OHL that's pretty underwhelming. He's playing against kids 2-3 years younger than him a lot of the time
????

He's a 1993. So no.

He didn't have a great season. Played on a crappy team and was battling injuries the whole season.

Now he's has a good off-season, put on some weight, and will play for Kitchener. Let's see how he does this season before labeling him a bust or disappointing

Old
09-15-2012, 01:47 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
????

He's a 1993. So no.

He didn't have a great season. Played on a crappy team and was battling injuries the whole season.

Now he's has a good off-season, put on some weight, and will play for Kitchener. Let's see how he does this season before labeling him a bust or disappointing
That still has him as a 19 year old playing against a bunch of 17 year olds for much of the year. Gregg McKegg played on a crappy team and still managed to put up much better numbers.. and it's not as if he's projected to be anything special. Being a bust is far different from disappointing... nobody called him a bust. His season was in fact, disappointing.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:49 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.

The Leafs have nothing to do with it. These proposals are made up by a small portion of their fan base.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:55 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
I also read the part where you said Franson "vastly outplayed" Schenn (who was the future Adam Foote when he was a Leaf). Another good example of how Leafs fans overrate their players. I wonder what you guys will have to say about Phaneuf/Kessel when they're gone in two years.
Look on the Leaf board from the last year and a half, Schenn was **** on by almost everyone. I was one of the few that defended him, and still believe he was better than Franson but again im in the minority. You are unbelievable ignorant and just follow typical stereotypes regardless of if they are true or not... Not many Leaf fans actually liked Schenn at all last season. Regardless, Schenn was "lucky to go for a late 1st and would have to be added to significantly to get JVR" around here, yet Leaf fans felt a 1-for-1 swap was as fair as it could get, who was right in the end, "Homer" Leaf fans or "All knowing" Hf boards?

Old
09-15-2012, 01:56 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
That still has him as a 19 year old playing against a bunch of 17 year olds for much of the year. Gregg McKegg played on a crappy team and still managed to put up much better numbers.. and it's not as if he's projected to be anything special. Being a bust is far different from disappointing... nobody called him a bust. His season was in fact, disappointing.
Dude, I just can't take you seriously

McKegg put up WORSE numbers on Erie. What are talking about?

Puempel was 18 this season

And most players are NOT 16-17

Old
09-15-2012, 02:01 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Dude, I just can't take you seriously

McKegg put up WORSE numbers on Erie. What are talking about?

Puempel was 18 this season

And most players are NOT 16-17
McKegg put up 75 in 65... he put up 30 in 31 on a much worse team (Erie) than Puempel (Peterborough). If you want to take a guy the same age how about Stuart Percy? He put up 25 in 34 as a defenceman that suffered a concussion... it was a disappointing year. There isn't really any reason to defend it other than blind homerism denial

Old
09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

I dislike Puempel, not a very good prospect imo. I don't think he'll play in the NHL, he's fast.... That's the only think he has... He's plays too small, low hockey IQ, has never heard of defense and is a perimeter player.

Franson is getting massive hate for some reason, I remember when he was in Nashville and he was a Weber-lite, now he's a career AHLer

I would not do the deal as a Leafs fan and I don't think sens fans would do it, because everyone in their prospect pool is untouchable...

Old
09-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

This is simply god awful for anything and everything that the Ottawa Senators are trying to do with their hockey team.

Now, and in the future.

Leaf fans, until you can convince me that Franson is a Top 4 defenceman (which Matt Puempel + 3rd) is worth, than the Sens don't even sniff at this deal.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Chips*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
This is simply god awful for anything and everything that the Ottawa Senators are trying to do with their hockey team.

Now, and in the future.

Leaf fans, until you can convince me that Franson is a Top 4 defenceman (which Matt Puempel + 3rd) is worth, than the Sens don't even sniff at this deal.
If those undervaluing Franson could look beyond the many unwarranted healthy scratched games, they would see that he's easily a 2nd pairing defender. The beginning of last season was particularly rough, but after a quick adjustment period to Wilson's ****** run-for-your-lives style hockey, Franson became solid defensively while putting up very respectable numbers for the 2nd PP unit + 3rd pairing minutes.

I can only laugh at the pure Leaf hate when Franson's called a 7th defender. Hint: he's not. Victim of circumstance with Komisarek, Liles, and Schenn being given games to which they did not deserve over Franson.

I would much rather the Leafs hold on to Franson and watch what type of player he becomes over gambling with Pamplemousse and a 3rd.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:13 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
McKegg put up 75 in 65... he put up 30 in 31 on a much worse team (Erie) than Puempel (Peterborough). If you want to take a guy the same age how about Stuart Percy? He put up 25 in 34 as a defenceman that suffered a concussion... it was a disappointing year. There isn't really any reason to defend it other than blind homerism denial
Again, ???????

mcKegg put up 34 points in 35 games for Erie. Puempel 33 in 30. You said McKegg put up MUCH better numbers on a bad team, which is simply NOT true.

I admitted Puempel had a bad season, I'm not defending that.

He is however still much more valuable than nerds like mcKegg and Franson

Old
09-15-2012, 02:15 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Again, ???????

mcKegg put up 34 points in 35 games for Erie. Puempel 33 in 30. You said McKegg put up MUCH better numbers on a bad team, which is simply NOT true.

I admitted Puempel had a bad season, I'm not defending that.

He is however still much more valuable than nerds like mcKegg and Franson
Nerds?

But no he's not really. It's like a Leaf fan claiming Kadri and a pick is worth a #1 center.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:18 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Nerds?

But no he's not really. It's like a Leaf fan claiming Kadri and a pick is worth a #1 center.
You think Franson was better than Kuba last year.

That's all that needs to be said about your opinion.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
TieClark

Quote:
You think Franson was better than Kuba last year.

That's all that needs to be said about your opinion.
I didn't say last year... I said he is about the same as Kuba which he is. You really need to get over this anti-everything leafs thing

Franson: 21 points, 57 games, 102 hits, 53 BS

Kuba: 32 points, 73 games, 53 hits, 149 BS

Franson is also 10 years younger than Kuba

Old
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
I didn't say last year... I said he is about the same as Kuba which he is. You really need to get over this anti-everything leafs thing
You just proved my point.

He wasn't even close to Kuba. Kuba was by far the best defensive player on the Sens last year and helped Karlsson a ton. He was top pair on a playoff team. Franson was in the press box for the Leafs.

Take off your Leafs colored glasses

Old
09-15-2012, 02:24 PM
TieClark

Since you responded before I edited it...

Old
09-15-2012, 02:32 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Since you responded before I edited it...

Franson had more hits. Lol, ok.

This was your original post

Quote:
I'm simply looking at last years D taking out Carkner who I knew left. Kuba is not any better than Franson... that was exactly the point of the poster who said leafs automatically lose value on here, you weren't wrong saying leaf fans overrate their players but that is the same of every fan base. I'm forgetting Methot as well from the Foligno trade so that still makes Franson a 3rd pairing defender on the Sens
You said Kuba is worse than Franson

This has nothing to do with Franson being 10 years younger

Kuba >>>>> Franson last year, and obviously throughout his career.

I could come up with a bunch of relevant stats that prove Kuba is better than Franson, but I won't waste my time on someone who has absolutely no clue and won't change his mind anyway

Old
09-15-2012, 02:38 PM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Top 4 defenceman (which Matt Puempel + 3rd) is worth, than the Sens don't even sniff at this deal.
Certainly isn't worth a top 4 NHL defenceman

Old
09-15-2012, 02:43 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Franson had more hits. Lol, ok.

This was your original post

You said Kuba is worse than Franson

This has nothing to do with Franson being 10 years younger

Kuba >>>>> Franson last year, and obviously throughout his career.

I could come up with a bunch of relevant stats that prove Kuba is better than Franson, but I won't waste my time on someone who has absolutely no clue and won't change his mind anyway
I never said Kuba was worse than Franson, I said he isn't any better... which he isn't. He had marginally more points in more games, he had less hits, more blocked shots... one is 35 and one is 25. Their value is verrrry similar. Which again.. was my point from that original post you were kind enough to bump

Closed Thread