HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilerrrr I Mean Barons '12-13 Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
  #26
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Kind of pisses me off that Hall isn't going, he could Develop and do well there, plus he could add a Calder Cup to the resume, with a Memorial Cup.
No sense in rushing him back for AHL hockey. Let him be 100% before playing again.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 03:59 PM
  #27
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Kind of pisses me off that Hall isn't going, he could Develop and do well there, plus he could add a Calder Cup to the resume, with a Memorial Cup.
They just can't assign him because he's injured, although I'll bet they give him a some extra time to heal now. If the lockout goes deep then he'll be there when he's healthy.

syz is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:19 PM
  #28
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,942
vCash: 500
Imagine the PP

The Nuge, Eberle, Schultz, Hartikainen and *insert whoever*

They will own faces, wow.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:22 PM
  #29
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Kind of pisses me off that Hall isn't going, he could Develop and do well there, plus he could add a Calder Cup to the resume, with a Memorial Cup.
They didn't say he wasn't going to go. He just can't because he is technically injured still. Maybe they bring him down when he is off the injury list

Paralyzer is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:25 PM
  #30
HockeyFan4Life
Registered User
 
HockeyFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HockeyFan4Life Send a message via Yahoo to HockeyFan4Life
I'm so STOKED about Ebs, RNH, and Schultz playing here in OKC!

HockeyFan4Life is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:26 PM
  #31
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Imagine the PP

The Nuge, Eberle, Schultz, Hartikainen and *insert whoever*

They will own faces, wow.
I'd sooner see this:

Eberle-Paajarvi-RNH
Schultz-Marincin

Paajarvi moves into the slot for the pass or in front of the net to create traffic. This was his role at one point there. Or you put Harski in front of the net and play Paajarvi on the point and make use of his onetimer.

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:28 PM
  #32
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan4Life View Post
I'm so STOKED about Ebs, RNH, and Schultz playing here in OKC!
And you should be! Hopefully the fans come flocking to see these guys! Almost NHL caliber games for AHL prices! I just hope that Eberle and RNH don't bolt to Europe!

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:51 PM
  #33
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,260
vCash: 500
I think they'll really try and give Harski the benefit of playing with the dynamic duo. Although I wouldn't care either way if Harski or Paajarvi got that sweet spot opposite Nuge.

As for Hall, if he plays in OKC I'm going to assume 110% healthy. Mind as well try him at center. I'd have Paajarvi and Green on his wings (Green perhaps to mentor him on playing center in the pros).

Soli is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:15 PM
  #34
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I think they'll really try and give Harski the benefit of playing with the dynamic duo. Although I wouldn't care either way if Harski or Paajarvi got that sweet spot opposite Nuge.

As for Hall, if he plays in OKC I'm going to assume 110% healthy. Mind as well try him at center. I'd have Paajarvi and Green on his wings (Green perhaps to mentor him on playing center in the pros).
Why on earth would they not play what will likely be our first line in the NHL as a line in the AHL?

I'd have to think Hall-RNH-Eberle will be a line.

SK13 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:26 PM
  #35
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Why on earth would they not play what will likely be our first line in the NHL as a line in the AHL?

I'd have to think Hall-RNH-Eberle will be a line.
There has been a lot of speculation that Hall will eventually be a center in the NHL. Why not see how he does against AHL competition? Ease him into the role?

Plus I think it would be MUCH better to have two pairs of great players than one incredible line.

____ - RNH - Eberle
____ - Hall - Yakupov

Wheatking is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:34 PM
  #36
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
There has been a lot of speculation that Hall will eventually be a center in the NHL. Why not see how he does against AHL competition? Ease him into the role?

Plus I think it would be MUCH better to have two pairs of great players than one incredible line.

____ - RNH - Eberle
____ - Hall - Yakupov
I suppose, but I never agreed with the notion of Hall at centre and I don`t think we will see it this season at the NHL level anyway.

SK13 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:46 PM
  #37
thalegion
Registered User
 
thalegion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 500
Where does Zahn fit? Also Ringwald

thalegion is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:59 PM
  #38
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
There has been a lot of speculation that Hall will eventually be a center in the NHL. Why not see how he does against AHL competition? Ease him into the role?

Plus I think it would be MUCH better to have two pairs of great players than one incredible line.

____ - RNH - Eberle
____ - Hall - Yakupov
Bingo, we could round out the top 6 with Paajarvi and Harski and we'd have 2 really solid lines, basically 1A and 1B. It's better to have 2 pairs than to load up one line IMO.

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:01 PM
  #39
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I suppose, but I never agreed with the notion of Hall at centre and I don`t think we will see it this season at the NHL level anyway.
You may not agree with it but there have been rumblings about it by management and Hall. Without NHL points on the line there really would be no better time to try and break him in as a center.

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
  #40
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
Where does Zahn fit? Also Ringwald
One of them likely plays on the 3rd pairing IMO.

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:03 PM
  #41
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Imagine the PP

The Nuge, Eberle, Schultz, Hartikainen and *insert whoever*

They will own faces, wow.
Paajarvi? I would think - given the success Ebs and The Nuge had at the NHL level - they'd employ a similar PP set up. The Nuge on the right side half boards. Paajarvi takes Hall's role down near the goal line on the right side as an outlet for Nuge. Hartikainen takes Smitty's role in front of the net. Schultz plays right point. Ebs hovers around the left circle looking for the cross ice pass. These guys could click @ 35 % or better. Lethal.

Roof Daddy is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:07 PM
  #42
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,443
vCash: 500
I wonder what the record for AHL points is in a year?

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:10 PM
  #43
RoboNerdOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma City Metro
Country: United States
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
If the NHL season is lost like last time -- should the AHL give out the Stanley Cup this time? I think there's a good case that since so many NHL'ers are going to the AHL, it should.

RoboNerdOK is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
  #44
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Paajarvi? I would think - given the success Ebs and The Nuge had at the NHL level - they'd employ a similar PP set up. The Nuge on the right side half boards. Paajarvi takes Hall's role down near the goal line on the right side as an outlet for Nuge. Hartikainen takes Smitty's role in front of the net. Schultz plays right point. Ebs hovers around the left circle looking for the cross ice pass. These guys could click @ 35 % or better. Lethal.
I was thinking him, Lander or even Pitlick.

Agreed, there are 2 pieces of the best PP in the NHL in the AHL, I always want to see what kind of 'consecutive PPG' streak they could put together.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 07:54 PM
  #45
Gobo
What's Your Issue?
 
Gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wild Rose Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I wonder what the record for AHL points is in a year?
If you meant for a player, it's Darren Haydar with 135 (59 G, 76 A)

Gobo is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 08:44 PM
  #46
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 900
I don't suppose any Barons games will be televised. I would really, really, really, like to be able to watch the kids tear the AHL a new anus. Would be nice to watch Schultz for the first time besides youtube vids.

Watching a full Barons schedule and a full Oil Kings schedule would make the lockout a hell of a lot easier on me.

Puritania is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 08:51 PM
  #47
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I don't suppose any Barons games will be televised. I would really, really, really, like to be able to watch the kids tear the AHL a new anus. Would be nice to watch Schultz for the first time besides youtube vids.

Watching a full Barons schedule and a full Oil Kings schedule would make the lockout a hell of a lot easier on me.
I would suspect sportsnet would air them if the Lockout reaches November, it will get costly for them otherwise.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 08:54 PM
  #48
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
If you meant for a player, it's Darren Haydar with 135 (59 G, 76 A)
Where did you see that? I'm looking on eliteprospects and it says the most points in a season was Don Biggs with 54 goals and 138 points in 78 games back in 1992-93. It says Haydar is tied for 7th(with Bruce Boudreau) with 122 points.

Paul Gardner had the best PPG in the AHL at 2.03 per game. 130 points in 64 games back in 1984-85.

Wheatking is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 08:55 PM
  #49
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I would suspect sportsnet would air them if the Lockout reaches November, it will get costly for them otherwise.
Yeah let's hope games will be picked up. Pretty sure I saw a commercial for the Oil Kings that stated all the games would be televised on Shaw, hope I'm remembering correctly.

Puritania is online now  
Old
09-15-2012, 09:13 PM
  #50
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,317
vCash: 500
I'd definitely like to see Hartikainen play with RNH.

Philly85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.