HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Ott

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2012, 02:45 PM
  #51
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I dislike Puempel, not a very good prospect imo. I don't think he'll play in the NHL, he's fast.... That's the only think he has... He's plays too small, low hockey IQ, has never heard of defense and is a perimeter player.

Franson is getting massive hate for some reason, I remember when he was in Nashville and he was a Weber-lite, now he's a career AHLer

I would not do the deal as a Leafs fan and I don't think sens fans would do it, because everyone in their prospect pool is untouchable...
This is not even close to describing Puempel. Lol.

For the orginal deal. Loooooooooooool, 7th dman/AHLer for a good prospect and a 3rd, not even close.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 02:47 PM
  #52
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I never said Kuba was worse than Franson, I said he isn't any better... which he isn't. He had marginally more points in more games, he had less hits, more blocked shots... one is 35 and one is 25. Their value is verrrry similar. Which again.. was my point from that original post you were kind enough to bump
Except 1 is garbage at defense and doesn't have the brains to be a top 4 dman.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 02:50 PM
  #53
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I never said Kuba was worse than Franson, I said he isn't any better... which he isn't. He had marginally more points in more games, he had less hits, more blocked shots... one is 35 and one is 25. Their value is verrrry similar. Which again.. was my point from that original post you were kind enough to bump


You're not making any sense.

Kuba isn't better than Franson according to you. Therefore, he is worse or the same.

If Franson is the same or better than Kuba, and is also 10 years younger and much cheaper, than his value should be MUCH MUCH Higher.

NOT similar as you just posted.

Who cares about value? the Sens don't own him anymore, and it really doesn't matter...

You compared their on ice play once again, saying Kuba is not better than Franson. This is 100% wrong. You are wrong, and everyone knows it. On the ice, Kuba >>>>> Franson.

Therefore your opinion regarding anything hockey related is not useful at all.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 03:37 PM
  #54
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,201
vCash: 500
Hahahaha. No chance.

SpezDispenser is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #55
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,275
vCash: 50
Trading Puempel now isn't smart. He had a bad year last season on a terrible team, but he could rebound nicely in Kitchener on a line with Faksa and Reider.

Hale The Villain is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:43 PM
  #56
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Tor:

Puempel
3rd round pick

Ott:

Franson
0 NHL experience for one of our 6 best defencemen? Keep dreaming.

For a team that wants Franson -- they need to realize that the way you're going to get him is by offering a better, or equally as good, shutdown defenceman, and requesting additional assets from Toronto in the process.

seanlinden is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 04:57 PM
  #57
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
The Leafs say no way.
I wouldn't over pay a guy who's allergic to peanuts.

ManInTheBox is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:53 PM
  #58
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
0 NHL experience for one of our 6 best defencemen? Keep dreaming.

For a team that wants Franson -- they need to realize that the way you're going to get him is by offering a better, or equally as good, shutdown defenceman, and requesting additional assets from Toronto in the process.
"One of our 6 best defencemen"
- not accurate, considering he was scratched in favour of such superstars as Mike effin' Komisarek
- healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the league <<<<<<< Good sniping wing prospect + 3rd

"For a team that wants Franson"
- quite simply, we don't want him. CarknerCountry is either not a Sens fan, or is the polar opposite of what sane Sens fans want and think

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:55 PM
  #59
MoreGore
Registered User
 
MoreGore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
0 NHL experience for one of our 6 best defencemen? Keep dreaming.

For a team that wants Franson -- they need to realize that the way you're going to get him is by offering a better, or equally as good, shutdown defenceman, and requesting additional assets from Toronto in the process.
Yakopov has no NHL experience, you should try for him instead.

MoreGore is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
  #60
Brody
High.
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,362
vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
This is not even close to describing Puempel. Lol.

For the orginal deal. Loooooooooooool, 7th dman/AHLer for a good prospect and a 3rd, not even close.
He's worth more than every dman you have except Karlsson. And if he was on Ottawa, he'd be a top pairing dman, but cause hes on Toronto he's an AHLer. Lmao. Do you know what an AHLer is? Based off your current roster: Daugavins, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, Benoit, Lundin, Methot and Bishop. Those are AHLers

Brody is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:00 PM
  #61
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
He's worth more than every dman you have except Karlsson. And if he was on Ottawa, he'd be a top pairing dman, but cause hes on Toronto he's an AHLer. Lmao. Do you know what an AHLer is? Based off your current roster: Daugavins, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, Benoit, Lundin, Methot and Bishop. Those are AHLers
LOLwut? He's a healthy scratch on a lottery team, yet he would be the #2 Dman on our team?

My vote for the most homerrific post of the year, AINEC.

And why are you comparing Franson to Daug, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, and Bishop, when they aren't even defenceman?

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
  #62
Brody
High.
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,362
vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
LOLwut? He's a healthy scratch on a lottery team, yet he would be the #2 Dman on our team?

My vote for the most homerrific post of the year, AINEC.

And why are you comparing Franson to Daug, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, and Bishop, when they aren't even defenceman?
He's a healthy scratch because the d was apparently too "soft", which is why Komisarek was thrown in. But if you saw a single Leafs game, you'd realize Franson played really well in the 57 games he played. He's a good dman, rumor is he's not happy here which is why Leaf fans are quick to throw him into proposals, I won't believe it until he or Burke come forward with it.

Read this thread, and people here call Leaf fans crazy

I threw them in because the guy I quoted was acting like Franson is nothing compared to your all star blue-line which consists of one player better than him. If he is considered an AHL level player, so are a lot of yours.

Brody is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
  #63
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
He's worth more than every dman you have except Karlsson. And if he was on Ottawa, he'd be a top pairing dman, but cause hes on Toronto he's an AHLer. Lmao. Do you know what an AHLer is? Based off your current roster: Daugavins, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, Benoit, Lundin, Methot and Bishop. Those are AHLers
Franson is a defensive liability and hasn't shown anything in his career to indicate he has upside. 3 coaches sheltered him throughout his career and he doesn't even dominate in those sheltered minutes. He has nice tools, but you're insane if you think he'd be Ottawa's 2nd best d-man. Gonchar/Phillips/Cowen/Karlsson/Methot are all significantly better players than Franson. Leaving Franson to battle it out with Mike Lundin for the 6th spot.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:09 PM
  #64
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
He's worth more than every dman you have except Karlsson. And if he was on Ottawa, he'd be a top pairing dman, but cause hes on Toronto he's an AHLer. Lmao. Do you know what an AHLer is? Based off your current roster: Daugavins, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, Benoit, Lundin, Methot and Bishop. Those are AHLers


Based on the fact he was traded for Brett Lebda?

good god people

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:11 PM
  #65
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,622
vCash: 500
nty dont want to trade franson. lol at ottawa fans saying he is a #7 or 8 dman

pooleboy is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:12 PM
  #66
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
and lol @ saying the Sens roster is full of AHLers.

Who was in the playoffs last year. Maybe the Leafs should get more AHLers, they would be upgrades over their ECHLers

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:12 PM
  #67
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post


Based on the fact he was traded for Brett Lebda?

good god people
lol u have no idea what your talking about. preds were trying to move money (Lombardi) and in exchange we got franson, sending slaney and lebda was nothing.

pooleboy is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:13 PM
  #68
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
lol u have no idea what your talking about. preds were trying to move money (Lombardi) and in exchange we got franson, sending slaney and lebda was nothing.
??? How does this prove he's valuable?

MAK19 is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:15 PM
  #69
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
??? How does this prove he's valuable?
watch him play, thats how i know he is valuable. instead of stereotyping a player (such as kaberle which fetched way more than any one else proposals but leaf fans) Franson is a good Dman and has a very underated shot from the point. I personally want to keep him and roll with this:

phaneuf-gunner
gardiner-franson
liles-komi

pooleboy is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:17 PM
  #70
Bob Barker
Registered User
 
Bob Barker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 500
1. Puempel + 3rd is not worth a top 4 NHL defenseman for the most part.
2. Puempel is a good prospect.
3. Kuba is not ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" than Franson.
4. Kuba does have more value than Franson.
5. Franson would not have been a #2 defenseman on Ottawa last year.

Continue on with your crazy posts.

Bob Barker is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:18 PM
  #71
Brody
High.
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,362
vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Franson is a defensive liability and hasn't shown anything in his career to indicate he has upside. 3 coaches sheltered him throughout his career and he doesn't even dominate in those sheltered minutes. He has nice tools, but you're insane if you think he'd be Ottawa's 2nd best d-man. Gonchar/Phillips/Cowen/Karlsson/Methot are all significantly better players than Franson. Leaving Franson to battle it out with Mike Lundin for the 6th spot.
Franson has a lot of potential, if he reaches it he'll become a top-four defenseman who is very effective on the PP. He's played three seasons in the NHL, in his rookie season he averaged 14:11 TOI/game and managed to put up 21 pts in 61 games while not being stellar, but certainly not a liability on defense. The season after he had 29 pts in 80 games, he had a great season. Was scoring with the increased ice time and even though his PP time was lowered he still put up good numbers for a sophomore. This season, he started off as a scratch so we could play Komisarek, who started off the season great until he was injured. While Komo was injured, Franson got to play on the second pairing and was playing great D. Though later in the season, the quality of his defensive play decreased his offense was still there. He's shown he can be a top four offensive dman, and that he's improved his D every season since entering the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post


Based on the fact he was traded for Brett Lebda?

good god people
You realize we also got Lombardi, right? No one knew if he'd ever play again and he had a $3.5M caphit.

Capdumps are interesting, no?

Brody is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:19 PM
  #72
Brody
High.
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,362
vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
and lol @ saying the Sens roster is full of AHLers.

Who was in the playoffs last year. Maybe the Leafs should get more AHLers, they would be upgrades over their ECHLers
Did not say the roster is full of AHLers, but if you consider Cody Franson an AHL player, you most certainly have a lot one your team.

Brody is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:24 PM
  #73
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
He's worth more than every dman you have except Karlsson. And if he was on Ottawa, he'd be a top pairing dman, but cause hes on Toronto he's an AHLer. Lmao. Do you know what an AHLer is? Based off your current roster: Daugavins, Condra, O'Brien, Smith, Benoit, Lundin, Methot and Bishop. Those are AHLers


Some really dumb posts in this thread from both parties. Way to go, CC. Why do you always make ridiculous proposals concerning the two teams in the NHL that would never (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) trade with one another in today's game?

So dumb.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:46 PM
  #74
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf View Post
He's a healthy scratch because the d was apparently too "soft", which is why Komisarek was thrown in. But if you saw a single Leafs game, you'd realize Franson played really well in the 57 games he played. He's a good dman, rumor is he's not happy here which is why Leaf fans are quick to throw him into proposals, I won't believe it until he or Burke come forward with it.

Read this thread, and people here call Leaf fans crazy

I threw them in because the guy I quoted was acting like Franson is nothing compared to your all star blue-line which consists of one player better than him. If he is considered an AHL level player, so are a lot of yours.
See the following quoted post, from (assumed) a fan of a team that is not the Sens, and that just played the Sens in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Franson is a defensive liability and hasn't shown anything in his career to indicate he has upside. 3 coaches sheltered him throughout his career and he doesn't even dominate in those sheltered minutes. He has nice tools, but you're insane if you think he'd be Ottawa's 2nd best d-man. Gonchar/Phillips/Cowen/Karlsson/Methot are all significantly better players than Franson. Leaving Franson to battle it out with Mike Lundin for the 6th spot.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
nty dont want to trade franson. lol at ottawa fans saying he is a #7 or 8 dman
Well, on behalf of the entire Sens fanbase (The OP is not a true Sens fan), you have our blessing to hang onto Franson. And LOL at toronto fans saying Franson is better than Cowen, Phillips, Methot, or Gonchar.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-16-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: qdp
internetdotcom is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 06:49 PM
  #75
InvalidUsername
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Nobody is going to give up something of value for Franson until proves he can be a regular again.

InvalidUsername is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.