HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

link: peoria assigments

Old
09-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Rizzo90

vCash: 500
link: peoria assigments

does this mean #91 won'T be goin back to russia during any lockout?

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641429

Rizzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

I believe this is a formality, doesnt mean that he still wont go to Russia.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Bure

This just gives him the option. It's not decided yet.

Bure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 05:42 PM
sbkbghockey

That's the majority of the roster that won me a Calder Cup in EA Sports NHL 12.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo90 View Post
does this mean #91 won'T be goin back to russia during any lockout?

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641429
It looks like SKA doesn't count on him that much. So Tarasenko will probably be playing in the AHL. Perhaps to the better for him.

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Maybe Tarasenko would like to play with Andronov and Grachev or maybe with Schwartz as well, but I still think he could end up playing in a different European league. It would be be pretty cool if he ended up playing with another NHL Russian or some of the current Blues players in Sweden or another league. His KHL situation makes him going back to Russia a little unlikely.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 800
I really hope that he stays and gets a little time with his future teammates in Peoria. He would be giving up even more cash to stay, but the month or two in the AHL would do him wonders in getting used to the smaller rink. Plus he will play 1st line minutes against a bunched of super stacked AHL rosters. But I wouldn't begrudge him even a little if he decides to go back to Europe(Khl,Sel, and the like) to earn a little extra coin while he waits for the season to start.

If he does stay though, I will definitely be making a few trips to Peoria to watch Vlad and Schwartz tear up the minors!!

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Maybe Tarasenko would like to play with Andronov and Grachev or maybe with Schwartz as well, but I still think he could end up playing in a different European league. It would be be pretty cool if he ended up playing with another NHL Russian or some of the current Blues players in Sweden or another league. His KHL situation makes him going back to Russia a little unlikely.
Has The SEL or Alsvenskan made provisions for the lockout period only signing of currently NHL-signed players?

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Prussian_Blue

I'm thinking that the Blues would not have announced that Tarasenko was being assigned to Peoria if:

1. They thought he would go back to Europe instead, and

2. They expected the lockout to be a lengthy one.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Has The SEL or Alsvenskan made provisions for the lockout period only signing of currently NHL-signed players?
Oh, I have no idea, I was just throwing it out as a potential option. Any european league would work IMO. If Tarasenko is able to gain chemistry with some of the Blues, I really don't think it will matter what level of competition they are playing against. They could play in Italy for all I care, as long as they build chemistry.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm thinking that the Blues would not have announced that Tarasenko was being assigned to Peoria if:

1. They thought he would go back to Europe instead, and

2. They expected the lockout to be a lengthy one.
I hope you are right about this (especially the expectation of a short lockout). I'm sure that he'd have been assigned to Peoria as a formality and fallback position, to cover themselves (regardless of their guesses as to how long the lockout will be). But, unlike you, I don't believe Tarasenko/Armstrong have yet decided where he will play.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:53 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I think it would be smarter for him to start playing on the smaller North American ice and with a few potential teammates in Peoria, rather than some European league. But I really hope it never comes to this at all, and that the lock-out is sorted out before the season is due to start.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 02:42 PM
STL fan in IA

The Blues media has been clear that this is just a formality that for Tarasenko to even have the option to play in the AHL, the Blues had to assign him there but that the decision on where he'll play in the event of a lockout hasn't been decided yet...or at least hasn't been announced yet. Korac reported on twitter that Tarasenko's dad said that he expects his son to play for SKA in the KHL. It would be great if he stayed and got acclimated to the NA game instead but given the salary disparity between the AHL and KHL, I'd understand if he went home during the lockout. It was either Korac or JR who said on twitter yesterday that Tarasenko, his agent (Liut) and Army would meet in the next 4-5 days and make a decision.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 02:50 PM
STL fan in IA

Regarding the rest of Peoria's roster, Hensick was sent down today. A notable absence from the announced assignments to Peoria is Woywitka. Even during the lockout, the Blues have to keep a NHL roster so I would guess that that's why he wasn't sent down.

In addition to all of the announced names heading to Peoria's camp, I think it's safe to say that Andronov, Nesbitt and Bruton will be joining them. According to the PJ Star, Trevor Nill and Tyler Shelast have also been invited to Rivermen camp. A few of these guys will eventually find themselves with the Blues' new ECHL affiliate, the Evansville IceMen.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:58 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I think it would be smarter for him to start playing on the smaller North American ice and with a few potential teammates in Peoria, rather than some European league. But I really hope it never comes to this at all, and that the lock-out is sorted out before the season is due to start.
That's pretty much what I was thinking, I hope Tarasenko has the foresight to focus on playing in a North American rink with English speaking coaches and teammates as a better way to adjust to the NHL at this point than going back to a more competitive pro league in Europe. Especially when there's no guarantee the lockout will be for a full season.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
STL fan in IA

The following is a list of players who should be in Peoria's camp. Let me know if I'm missing anyone...I'm sure there are more invitees/players penciled in for Evansville that I'm not aware of.

Forwards:
Tarasenko (only if he agrees to stay)
Schwartz
Hensick
Cracknell
McRae
Nesbitt
Grachev
Wannstrom
Barriball
Murray
Nigro
Peluso
Della Rovere
Beach
Andronov
Sonne
Shattock
Bruton
Nill
Shelast

Defensemen:
Cole
Fairchild
Chorney
Ford
Ponich
Cundari
Shields

Goalies:
Allen
McKenna
Karpowich

Even if Tarasenko heads back to Russia, that's still way too many forwards. Evansville is going to get a few pretty good forwards as well as most likely Karpowich as their goalie.

Old
09-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Kshahdoo

SKA is gonna sign Kovalchuk, Tyutin, and Bobrovskiy. So no Tarasenko in the KHL because he can't play anywhere but SKA.

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
The following is a list of players who should be in Peoria's camp. Let me know if I'm missing anyone...I'm sure there are more invitees/players penciled in for Evansville that I'm not aware of.

Forwards:
Tarasenko (only if he agrees to stay)
Schwartz
Hensick
Cracknell
McRae
Nesbitt
Grachev
Wannstrom
Barriball
Murray
Nigro
Peluso
Della Rovere
Beach
Andronov
Sonne
Shattock
Bruton
Nill
Shelast

Defensemen:
Cole
Fairchild
Chorney
Ford
Ponich
Cundari
Shields

Goalies:
Allen
McKenna
Karpowich

Even if Tarasenko heads back to Russia, that's still way too many forwards. Evansville is going to get a few pretty good forwards as well as most likely Karpowich as their goalie.
I thought I just read that Hensick was just put on waivers.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Robb_K

Bruton, Nill, Shelast, (and, possibly Sonne), will probably all be playing at Evansville.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:59 PM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
I thought I just read that Hensick was just put on waivers.
If not, the Schwartz-Hensick-Tarasenko line will be one of, if not THE best line in the AHL.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 08:13 PM
h22prelude93

Just checked the Evansville Icemen website and it looks like the Blues are officially a team affiliate along with Columbus. Does this mean we're no longer affiliated with the Alaska Aces? I also checked the Blues official website and it only lists Peoria and Evansville now.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Just checked the Evansville Icemen website and it looks like the Blues are officially a team affiliate along with Columbus. Does this mean we're no longer affiliated with the Alaska Aces? I also checked the Blues official website and it only lists Peoria and Evansville now.
Yes. The Blues only had a working agreement with Alaska. They had no ownership interest. So, once a contract agreement's period is over, and a new agreement is not made (or an old one not renewed), the affiliation is over. Evansville is now The Blues' only ECHL affiliation. It isn't a problem that Evansville is affiliated with TWO NHL teams, because NHL teams with AHL affiliations generally only send only from 2-7 players to ECHL teams.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:39 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Yes. The Blues only had a working agreement with Alaska. They had no ownership interest. So, once a contract agreement's period is over, and a new agreement is not made (or an old one not renewed), the affiliation is over. Evansville is now The Blues' only ECHL affiliation. It isn't a problem that Evansville is affiliated with TWO NHL teams, because NHL teams with AHL affiliations generally only send only from 2-7 players to ECHL teams.
Thanks Robb. Makes sense to have our ECHL team a little closer to home now. Evansville really isn't very far from St.Louis so I might have to take a road trip there someday.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:54 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Road trips to Peoria AND Evansville GOOD!!! NHL Lockout BAD...

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:53 AM
intangible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
SKA is gonna sign Kovalchuk, Tyutin, and Bobrovskiy. So no Tarasenko in the KHL because he can't play anywhere but SKA.
Question, though.. didn't Tarasenko sign a contract with SKA in the event that he didn't play in the NHL? So if there's no NHL and from my understanding has a valid KHL contract, was he even considered an NHL player in the first place? He might be able to sneak through the red tape that way.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote