HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Nail Yakupov KHL Thread | 7GP: 5G-2A-7PTS | Next Game: Oct. 19th 6AM MST

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

vCash: 500
I wonder if this is an opportunity, not if it's been mentioned but, to use one of PRV, Hamilton or Pitlick as a winger for the Nuge and Eberle to see if there's a fit going forward to add some grit to the skill

Old
09-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
He should go to the KHL or somewhere else in Europe.
Read on twitter that he's not going to accept his assignment to the OHL and he will be playing the KHL during the lockout.

Playing in the KHL is probably a good decision since he has nothing left to prove in the OHL.

Old
09-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Wasn't Hall supposed to be ready for the start of this season? I guess they'll just play it safe and let him fully heal up before any game action. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure he's in no rush getting back either, now that he's collecting a paycheque still lol.
Maybe Hall is going to europe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I wonder if this is an opportunity, not if it's been mentioned but, to use one of PRV, Hamilton or Pitlick as a winger for the Nuge and Eberle to see if there's a fit going forward to add some grit to the skill
I dont have anything to add to this, i just want to gratulate you to be the first person to use the word grit and PRV in the same sentence

Old
09-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
AHL goalies should be very scared. They should dominate at the AHL level.

Ya, like no one else in the league is going to assign any of their young stars to the AHL.... See Skinner, Jeff. Our defence down there is looking to be young and very inexperienced. Ripe for getting eaten alive by some AHL vets and other young stars.

Old
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post

I dont have anything to add to this, i just want to gratulate you to be the first person to use the word grit and PRV in the same sentence
Well he maybe less then Pitlick or Hamilton, but if he(PRV) has worked on his physicality, is more prepared and understands his role on a line like that, he's more likely to become an everyday NHLer, imo.

Old
09-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Fourier

Quote:
He is on IR. Once he is cleared he will be assigned to OKC almost for sure.

Quote:
Paajarvi really did play with a fair bit of grit in the AHL playoffs.

Old
09-15-2012, 07:23 PM
rockinghockey

Can they send Hall down when he is healthy?

Old
09-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think they "can" but it's will depend on how long the lockout goes, they are probably anticipating it not going too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hall were down in OKC doing the last of his rehab

Old
09-15-2012, 07:28 PM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Who else can say that they are sending down 4 players the caliber of RNH, Eberle, Schultz, and Paajarvi? Boston maybe could send down Seguin and Hamilton, Carolina Skinner and Faulk, Colorado Landeskog, NJ Henrique and Larsson. Unless I'm forgetting someone we are bolstering what was an already very strong AHL team.
Man, the leadership and intangibles down on that AHL team would be through the roof!

Old
09-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
It's funny outside of Smid, Petry and Dubnyk you can almost make the lines that people want going forward with that group.

We need to sign the 2 toughest players available for the AHL.

Don't want people making a name for themselves running Ebs, Nuge, Hall (after hes recovered), etc.
Should trade for MacIntyre. HF Oil couldn't possibly go ape**** over him wasting an AHL spot would they?

Git'rdn

Old
09-15-2012, 08:14 PM
HuMz

vCash: 50
This could be awesome for MPS, assuming he plays with RNH and Eberle.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Everest

I just think its a total contradiction on so many levels....accepting a waiver to the AHL as part of a "pre-lockout" move. WTF?!

Old
09-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Ya, like no one else in the league is going to assign any of their young stars to the AHL.... See Skinner, Jeff. Our defence down there is looking to be young and very inexperienced. Ripe for getting eaten alive by some AHL vets and other young stars.
The difference is that no team will have 2 forwards the caliber of ours and a high end D like ours (Schultz) being sent down. This is already an AHL playoff game that lost guys like Keller, Yeo, Rodney, Chorney, etc. adding guys like RNH, Eberle, Schultz, a year older Paajarvi, Lander, Hartikainen, Pitlick, and Teubert. A guy like Fedun who could be really good down there and a potentially high end rookie like Marincin. Make no mistake about it this team would be dynamite if there's a lockout with or without Hall. With Hall added to the mix this team should walk to the Calder Cup if they all stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Man, the leadership and intangibles down on that AHL team would be through the roof!
No doubt, he'd have a Calder Cup to add to his Calder Trophy, so he's be twice as good as RNH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Should trade for MacIntyre. HF Oil couldn't possibly go ape**** over him wasting an AHL spot would they?

Git'rdn
Nice!

09-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Njoy Oilers

I just wanna see some freakin' hockey. Hope that Sports net dows cover the farm teams.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:57 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I wonder this, too. My guess is that they can't but I don't have much to back it up except for the fact that every NHL club assigned its players on 2-way contracts/ ELCs to the AHL today, before the NHL lockout takes effect. I'm just assuming here, but it seems to me that all of these players are now AHLers and their contracts in that league are still being honored/enforced. Anyone on an NHL contract presumably can't be sent anywhere during the lockout. Again, pure speculation here based on the rush to assign all of these players before the lockout kicks in (inferring that if it were possible to assign players to the AHL during the lockout, we wouldn't have seen every team in the league do this beforehand.)

Now, maybe the fact that Hall is on LTIR and not technically on an NHL roster changes things, as I know you can send a player who's just come off LTIR to the minors for a conditioning stint.

Bah ... I dunno. I'd sure like to hear a definitive answer from someone who can say for sure.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:04 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I wonder this, too. My guess is that they can't but I don't have much to back it up except for the fact that every NHL club assigned its players on 2-way contracts/ ELCs to the AHL today, before the NHL lockout takes effect. I'm just assuming here, but it seems to me that all of these players are now AHLers and their contracts in that league are still being honored/enforced. Anyone on an NHL contract presumably can't be sent anywhere during the lockout. Again, pure speculation here based on the rush to assign all of these players before the lockout kicks in (inferring that if it were possible to assign players to the AHL during the lockout, we wouldn't have seen every team in the league do this beforehand.)

Now, maybe the fact that Hall is on LTIR and not technically on an NHL roster changes things, as I know you can send a player who's just come off LTIR to the minors for a conditioning stint.

Bah ... I dunno. I'd sure like to hear a definitive answer from someone who can say for sure.
I think they'd have to sign him to an AHL contract before he could join OKC.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Trufflepig

So since Yak is going to the KHL from everything that has been said in this thread, this question might not matter but nevertheless I am curious....

If Yak gets sent down to Sarnia and chooses to play in the OHL, would we still be able to call him up this year when/if the lockout ends in time to have a season?

Old
09-15-2012, 11:10 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I think they'd have to sign him to an AHL contract before he could join OKC.
Why do you think that? He's on the exact same ELC as Paajarvi, RNH, Eberle, etc, which is a 2-way contract.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:10 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trufflepig View Post
So since Yak is going to the KHL from everything that has been said in this thread, this question might not matter but nevertheless I am curious....

If Yak gets sent down to Sarnia and chooses to play in the OHL, would we still be able to call him up this year when/if the lockout ends in time to have a season?
Yeah, I think they worked something out with the CHL to allow that.

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
NHL has informed clubs of NHL-CHL agreement - approved by NHLPA - allowing clubs to recall players from juniors when/if NHL lockout ends.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1258691

Old
09-15-2012, 11:14 PM
copperblue99

i thought if a player like Yakupov is sent down to Sarnia, we cannot recall him till next year , not sure how it applies for this year.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperblue99 View Post
i thought if a player like Yakupov is sent down to Sarnia, we cannot recall him till next year , not sure how it applies for this year.
Since it's not a normal situation that is no longer the case for this season. It'd be unfair to junior kids to not get a shot at the NHL if say the lockout ends in a month or two.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Trufflepig

Quote:
Yeah, I think they worked something out with the CHL to allow that.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1258691
Thanks, I didn't see any mention of that anywhere.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:23 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trufflepig View Post
Thanks, I didn't see any mention of that anywhere.
I think it's pretty clear he's going to Russia, though. I sure hope he hates it there. If we lose a player like that to the KHL, I'll lose my ****. I know Nail seems 100% intent on the NHL right now, but he's an 18-year-old kid. Who's to say where his mind will be at once he spends the next year being a superstar earning millions in his hometown...

Old
09-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear he's going to Russia, though. I sure hope he hates it there. If we lose a player like that to the KHL, I'll lose my ****. I know Nail seems 100% intent on NHL now, but he's an 18-year-old kid. Who's to say where his mind will be at once he spends the next year being a superstar earning millions in his hometown...
Because the NHL and KHL have an agreement in place which stipulates if a player is under contract with an NHL team, he is not allowed to play in the KHL. Considering the NHL is currently in a lockout, the agreement is nullified. Once the lockout is over, players with NHL contracts have to report back to their clubs.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:29 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Because the NHL and KHL have an agreement in place which stipulates if a player is under contract with an NHL team, he is not allowed to play in the KHL. Considering the NHL is currently in a lockout, the agreement is nullified. Once the lockout is over, players with NHL contracts have to report back to their clubs.
Ah, cool. Good to know! Thanks for the info! So, when Radulov initially bolted to the KHL, was he no longer under contract to the Preds?

edit: nvmnd, I googled it!

Quote:
On July 11, 2008, it was announced that although Radulov was still under contract with the Nashville Predators for one more season, he had signed a three-year deal with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). Radulov had previously notified the Predators organization of his desire to play in Russia, stating that he was being offered better conditions. Immediately after the announcement, the Predators, National Hockey League (NHL), and International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) all released statements emphasizing that Radulov's contract obligated him to the Predators through the 2008–09 season and that signing with a team in Russia was a direct violation of an agreement made the previous day between the NHL and all international hockey leagues to respect players' existing contracts. After the IIHF ordered that Ufa void Radulov's contract, Ilya Kochevrin, vice-president of the KHL, argued that Radulov was signed on July 5, before the agreement was made on July 10. While the contract remained disputed, the IIHF suspended Radulov from international play on July 18 as investigations continued, a suspension that was lifted soon as it appeared there was no legal ground to suspend Radulov.
After giving Radulov a September 1 deadline to notify his intentions to return to Nashville, the Predators suspended him, on September 2, without pay for the 2008–09 season.

Closed Thread