Old
08-10-2012, 02:26 AM
uncommonsense52
(blue bleeder 24-7)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
Charlie Kimball broke his hand in the open test at Mid-Ohio today
Pantano filled in rather well for Kimball I thought. He kept pace with Rahal, that team's (Ganassi B) primary driver, and a decent driver at that. Pantano probably will have a career similar to Memo Gidley's I suppose... super sub, but never a full time guy.

In other news, speculation is BHA and SSM are expanding to two cars next year. And Rubens is leaving KV.

Thoughts?

Old
08-10-2012, 11:06 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Pantano is a damn good driver, and the only reason he never made it high than GP2 is he doesn't go seeking sponsor dollars. When Rahal leaves G2, if he doesn't take Service Central with him (Which it looks like he won't) then I think Pantano has t obe a contender for that seat. I think it would be between he and Alex Lloyd, who is also a product of the Ganassi system, but never could get sponsorship dollars to pull it off. I'd throw Rubens into that mix, since I think he'd rather be on a Honda team. Plus, BMC sponsorship dollars would be useful.

I'm pretty sure Graham ends up at Rahal Letterman Lanigan with his dad.
BHA-I think they retain Tag. If they add a second car, put Alex Lloyd in the mix, along with Duarte Feirrera and Esteban Guerrieri.
SHM-Pagenaud returns, maybe with Bertrand Baguette.

I'm not one of these "Hung up on Buddy Rice" indycar types.... Go to Trackforum, and I bet everyone will put Buddy Rice in one of those rides..LOL

"I do my best work while chock full of whiskey & cheese"
--Beef Invictus
Old
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom18 View Post
Wow, only three races left in the season! My understanding is that China was beyond the series' control, but I have to say I hope they add at least another 2-3 races for next season. I've enjoyed the series immensely this season.
Houston is 100% added to the schedule. Look for Pocono and Phoenix to be added also. Betcha Road America is back too.

Old
08-11-2012, 02:25 AM
OKHoosier41218

I'm really hoping that Pocono and Phoenix come together for next season, as well as Road America. I'd love to see the IndyCars at Pocono. I was at the last IndyCar race at PIR in 2005. My hope is that there is better promotion this time around. I only remember seeing one advertisement for the race in the weeks leading up to it. It was a shame too, it was a good race.

As for the driver rumors,

Alex Lloyd is one guy I'd like to see get a chance in a decent ride. If Pantano doesn't get Graham's ride, I'd like to see Lloyd get it.

Kev, I agree with you about TF...lol. It gets old hearing how he (or anyone) should replace Briscoe at Penske (or any other rumored open seat) solely because he's a former 500 winner, American, whatever... I like the guy and think he's a solid driver, but he's never really blown me away other than his 2004 season.

Old
08-11-2012, 06:34 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Lemme tell ya...Alex Lloyd is one great guy too. I live about 10 minutes from Barber Motorsports Park. Last year when he was working with the Schmidt Indy Lights guys, I used to meet him out at the track and just hang out. He's also a very talented writer and photographer. Folks also forget he may have been THE most dominant lights driver in history.

About TF though... Agreed on Buddy Rice. He won A 500, and that's about it.... 'Course those guys pretty much hold Buddy Lazier in legendary status too. Buddy was a good driver, but not one of the greats.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

So, Pocono is being talked about because of the repave? I could do some research, but I'm guessing that Indy cars could not safely race there because of the surface? The bumps were real bad, especially turn 1. NASCAR drivers actually praised the new surface.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:13 AM
OKHoosier41218

I'm thrilled for Briscoe that he got his first win since TMS 2010 yesterday. I've been a fan of his for several years now. I thought the race got better as it wore on yesterday, but its unfortunate that the other championship contenders (RHR, Dixon, and Helio) ran into issues. Particularly RHR, that was a bummer.

Old
08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Bruno Junqueira is in the car for Josef Newgarden this week at Baltimore. Also, there is no delay on P2P this week.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
OKHoosier41218

Glad to see Bruno get another shot this weekend. He is one I'd love to see in the series fulltime again. Hopefully RHR, Helio, and Dixon can rebound and take the championship battle all the way to Fontana.

Old
08-30-2012, 11:21 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom18 View Post
Glad to see Bruno get another shot this weekend. He is one I'd love to see in the series fulltime again. Hopefully RHR, Helio, and Dixon can rebound and take the championship battle all the way to Fontana.
Surprised more teams don't have or employ backup drivers like Bruno after that vicious wreck by Newgarden..... it wasn't that long ago that Justin Wilson and Power got injured @ Sonoma....

Old
08-31-2012, 08:02 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
might be the last we see of Baltimore.....

railroad tracks for 2nd year impact Indycar practice.... most, if not all cars went 4 wheels high negotiating street course

Old
09-01-2012, 11:07 PM
OKHoosier41218

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Surprised more teams don't have or employ backup drivers like Bruno after that vicious wreck by Newgarden..... it wasn't that long ago that Justin Wilson and Power got injured @ Sonoma....
Yep, wasn't Herta actually a backup driver for AGR in 2003, before he got the fulltime ride in the 7# car? I seem to remember the situation as Michael was going to retire from racing after Indianapolis, and TK and Dario were fulltime in the 11 and 27 cars. Dario got hurt in an accident and they hired Herta to fill in until he recovered, though I seem to remember Robby Gordon racing the 27 during the 500 that year. Dan moved to fulltime status from Indianapolis on that season. I'm wanting to say Herta won a race in the 27 during that season and that's when they brought the 7 car back.

I'd have to find the article, but I thought I read that Bruno was called upon since he was racing ALMS in Baltimore this weekend. Sonoma has had some scary accidents in the past. Particularly that one with Power.

Old
09-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

Does Power really have to whine about everything? RHR didn't jump the start, Briscoe was asleep (he was the only one who didn't go).

It would be hilarious if he choked away another Championship.

Old
09-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

It has been said before but it's worth repeating; Pagenaud is going to be a star.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:22 PM
OKHoosier41218

OK, so this is it, it all comes down to the season finale.

Whose your favorite to win it all?

Me personally, I like both drivers and will be happy if either wins. However, there is part of me that would love to see RHR win it, particularly after all the ups and downs he's went through during his career.

With that being said, Verizon has been a great sponsor for the series and Will has been so strong for so long, I feel like he's due. If he clinches the championship, it'd be cool to see it come from him winning the race.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:18 AM
KevFist
is best pony

On a personal level, I like Will Power better than RHR.... Kinda hard for me to separate from that at this point.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
KevFist
is best pony

"The Whade" Wade Cunningham replaces Mike Conway in the #14 ABC Supply Foyt Racing Honda for the season finale at Fontana. Conway cites being uncomfortable with ovals as his reason for leaving the ride. Big up, Mike Conway for knowing your limitations.... As the sayinggoes, race car drivers always wear sunglasses so you never see the fear in their eyes

Old
09-15-2012, 04:41 AM
uncommonsense52
(blue bleeder 24-7)

Quote:
"The Whade" Wade Cunningham replaces Mike Conway in the #14 ABC Supply Foyt Racing Honda for the season finale at Fontana. Conway cites being uncomfortable with ovals as his reason for leaving the ride. Big up, Mike Conway for knowing your limitations.... As the sayinggoes, race car drivers always wear sunglasses so you never see the fear in their eyes
Rumor has it Viso is considering not running too. He's demanding more downforce.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:00 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 View Post
Rumor has it Viso is considering not running too. He's demanding more downforce.
Yeah...Heard about that, so I called Jimmy Vasser last night... He said Viso was trying to take a philosophical stand in support of Mike Conway. Said he and Kevin Kalkhoven explained to him that this was the wrong time to do that. Viso should be good for the race tomrrow. Looks like Conway's indycar career is done though. It's a shame because he's a good driver.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
uncommonsense52
(blue bleeder 24-7)

Quote:
so I called Jimmy Vasser last night.
Words can not describe how jealous I am that you casually can drop that in a sentence.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

If Power still wins this....

The final points won't reflect it, but what an effort by his team to get that car back out there.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

Red Flag, wow.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:46 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
If Power still wins this....

The final points won't reflect it, but what an effort by his team to get that car back out there.
9 to go.... TK wrecks.... Franchitti leads, RHR 3rd (has to finish no lower than 5th)

Old
09-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

I don't like Michael, but he's absolutely right.

If the Indy 500 isn't red flagged when a wreck happens with under 10 to go, why should this race?

Old
09-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon

RHR wins the title, awesome. And Carpenter wins the race, LOL.

Gotta feel for Power though.

Closed Thread