HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nail Yakupov KHL Thread | 7GP: 5G-2A-7PTS | Next Game: Oct. 19th 6AM MST

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Trufflepig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I think it's pretty clear he's going to Russia, though. I sure hope he hates it there. If we lose a player like that to the KHL, I'll lose my ****. I know Nail seems 100% intent on the NHL right now, but he's an 18-year-old kid. Who's to say where his mind will be at once he spends the next year being a superstar earning millions in his hometown...
I agree, I hope that he has a awful time, but I doubt he will. Thats a pretty sweet situation for him to be able to play in his hometown and make great money. Im sure he feels comfortable going there to play.

On the other hand, yes he is 18. That could work against us. At the same time if he's anything like I was when I was 18, or the majority of 18 year olds I knew, he probably wants to play on the biggest stage if he can, and that is still the NHL.

He's also a first overall pick, those guys are usually pretty competitive. I'm sure that he wants to play against the best, and that will still be here. So I'm not too worried about him staying there.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Trufflepig

Plus all that apparent legal stuff that I didnt know about haha.

Good to know he's ours no matter what mwahahaha

Old
09-16-2012, 01:46 AM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
a high end D like ours (Schultz)
I'll assume this is a case of blowing up one of our rookies, because he has yet to prove he's high end anything.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:18 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
I'll assume this is a case of blowing up one of our rookies, because he has yet to prove he's high end anything.
Well, he's proven he's a high end prospect by playing years at a high level in a league that regularly churns out prospects.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:31 AM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Well, he's proven he's a high end prospect by playing years at a high level in a league that regularly churns out prospects.
Lets wait till he plays with the big boys before we crown him the next big thing.

Speaking of, how will this work for his ego? Is he gonna start demanding trades unless he's playing in the NHL now? Or will he even give us a chance to trade him?

Old
09-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Angelus
Smile Time!

"We"? "Us"?

Old
09-16-2012, 02:41 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Lets wait till he plays with the big boys before we crown him the next big thing.

Speaking of, how will this work for his ego? Is he gonna start demanding trades unless he's playing in the NHL now? Or will he even give us a chance to trade him?

Old
09-16-2012, 02:43 AM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Tambo should keep it in mind. He did it to Anaheim already. Nothing is stopping him from screwing the Oil too.

Old
09-16-2012, 03:02 AM
cheesed-off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
"We"? "Us"?
"Our kids".

Old
09-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Tambo should keep it in mind. He did it to Anaheim already. Nothing is stopping him from screwing the Oil too.
Without a NTC he can't do anything that would hurt the team too badly and I'm pretty sure you can't get a NTC until you have 7 years or are 27 years old.

Old
09-16-2012, 03:09 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 136
can the oilers send Hall down even when he is cleared to play becuase the CBA has expired?

BY the way 35+ here in Greece--hoped I would jump line and see a last minute agreement

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
09-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Well since you are the proof police I guess he hasn't proven anything and we shouldn't have wasted our time or resources to sign him until he did in which case we'd have to trade for him if he'd be on the market which he wouldn't be.

Quote:

Since you know the league has been locked out and stuff it's kind of hard for him to play against the big boys. That said he should do pretty damn well at the AHL level in the interim.

Also your second point is ridiculous, no matter what team he signed with he'd be in the AHL. He wanted to come to Edmonton and when the lockout ends he'll be with the big club.

09-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
"We"? "Us"?
I didn't get that at first glance, that's gold!

Old
09-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Fincan

This has probably been answered in other threads but I can't find it. How is RNH eligible to play in the AHL? He is still junior aged and only has 3 junior seasons under his belt. My understanding was you had to have played 4 to be able to play minor-pro instead of junior ala Jason Spezza. I thought the only other way to play AHL for a junior aged player is if you were coming out of a Euro League with no junior team holding your rights. Is there some type of clause regarding number if NHL games or had Red Deer released RNH's rights or something?

Old
09-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincan View Post
This has probably been answered in other threads but I can't find it. How is RNH eligible to play in the AHL? He is still junior aged and only has 3 junior seasons under his belt. My understanding was you had to have played 4 to be able to play minor-pro instead of junior ala Jason Spezza. I thought the only other way to play AHL for a junior aged player is if you were coming out of a Euro League with no junior team holding your rights. Is there some type of clause regarding number if NHL games or had Red Deer released RNH's rights or something?
It simply comes down to if you've got a full year of NHL service, you qualify in this instance for the AHL. I believe the logic is that a player like this would likely be in the NHL, so with no NHL the AHL is suitable.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Lion

Will Nuge's year in the AHL burn a year off of his ELC?

Old
09-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Will Nuge's year in the AHL burn a year off of his ELC?
Yes.

Unless the entire year is lost to a lockout and the two sides negotiate to toll all contracts for a year. Unlikely since last time they negotiated to burn a year off.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:20 PM
shai04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trufflepig View Post
I agree, I hope that he has a awful time, but I doubt he will. Thats a pretty sweet situation for him to be able to play in his hometown and make great money. Im sure he feels comfortable going there to play.

On the other hand, yes he is 18. That could work against us. At the same time if he's anything like I was when I was 18, or the majority of 18 year olds I knew, he probably wants to play on the biggest stage if he can, and that is still the NHL.

He's also a first overall pick, those guys are usually pretty competitive. I'm sure that he wants to play against the best, and that will still be here. So I'm not too worried about him staying there.

As a player with a signed NHL contract, he can only make 65% of his NHL contract in the KHL as per the rules regarding signing locked out players. The KHL announced those rules last week. Anyone thinking that Yak will be staying in the KHL is kidding themselves. Stop the Russian conspiracy factor nonsense.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:43 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trufflepig View Post
So since Yak is going to the KHL from everything that has been said in this thread, this question might not matter but nevertheless I am curious....

If Yak gets sent down to Sarnia and chooses to play in the OHL, would we still be able to call him up this year when/if the lockout ends in time to have a season?
Good ?.

Witch was answered shortly after.

Last edited by czar99: 09-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old
09-16-2012, 12:48 PM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
Without a NTC he can't do anything that would hurt the team too badly and I'm pretty sure you can't get a NTC until you have 7 years or are 27 years old.
I'm sure the Comrie incident would give him some inspiration.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Ugh we get it, hope for Schultz to fail or some such thing.

The reality that you're avoiding is that the Ducks had plenty of time to determine this player's fit and future in their organization. Does it suck for Anaheim that Schultz walked? Yes, but that's his right, it only matters "now" because Schultz is considered very good.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:23 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Maybe MPS can develop some chemistry with RNH and Eberle this way, that would be a big bonus since Renney never tried it outside of like 2 shifts last year.
Would love that line to find chemistry..... Moving Hall to a line with Gags and Hemsky and in the future Yakupov replacing Hemmer.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post
Would love that line to find chemistry..... Moving Hall to a line with Gags and Hemsky and in the future Yakupov replacing Hemmer.
The future is now!

Old
09-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Aequitas

Quote:
seriously? How about instead of making massive assumptions just see whats going to happen.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesed-off View Post
"Our kids".
That one is the worst. If I was one of Hall, Eberle, RNH or Yakupov, I'd be really creeped out by the fan base.

Closed Thread