HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane Re-Signs (6 years, $31.5m/5.25m per)

Old
09-15-2012, 11:26 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Chevy will likely feel a bit bored during the lockout won't he? I mean he's been on the go constantly since he got the job and now things slow down to a near stop. What's he got to do during a lockout?
Other than work on front office stuff, I hear the fishing is quite nice this time of year.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

09-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Seanahue

I am absolutely thrilled that he is signed. Is it also true that Burmi agreed to play in the AHL....if so then DOUBLE BOOYAH!!!!

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:43 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

That whole discussion that was on IC today is going to be pretty funny when I listen to it on Monday.

Good deal for both sides I think.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
I will sum up my feelings towards this signing thusly:

Thank god that's over, so happy to have Kane locked up.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
^RadJetsGuy approved^

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:00 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Random Kane Advance Stat Thingy of the Day:

Kane led the league in 5v5 shots on goal

Shot volume tends to relate with goal scoring more than shot % (unless your name is spelt something like S_amkos)

PS:Ladd was 6th and Wheeler was 28th

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:20 AM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
Awesome news

Take that haters!

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Pretty ****ing happy that this deal is finally done.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Great signing.

Hope Kane continues to develop his game. He's an exciting young player that 29 other teams would want to have. Glad the Jets have him.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Pretty ****ing happy that this deal is finally done.
****n' rights!

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 09-16-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: let the filter do its job
Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:33 AM
jetkarma

Tremendous development ,significant cornerstone for this franchise signed long term at a very palatable dollar amount and cap amount . He should be hitting his prime when this contract runs out , runs out in six years , love that.

Kane has more of a hunger to score goals than any other player on this team imo , add a level or more better linemates and his progression will result in multiple 40 goal seasons over this contract.He is going to produce , and possibly at an elite or near elite level.

This is also one more very astute move by Kevin Cheveldayoff . Enstrom and Pavelec signed long term , getting Chicago's second and third draft picks for this year for Oduya in a very deep talent draft class and singing Jokinen for 2 years .

Winnipeg is positioned to make a move if needed this year in the draft and there will be players worth moving up for if they finish too high . They could also really build the future by keeping the picks , great option to have.

I see Kane playing with Scheifele eventually and would love it if Telegin developed to be a fit with them. Really like the skill and talents they offer and they fit if they all progress close to their potential or to that.

Bravo. Now we'll wait but be less stressed

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:44 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Tremendous development ,significant cornerstone for this franchise signed long term at a very palatable dollar amount and cap amount . He should be hitting his prime when this contract runs out , runs out in six years , love that.

Kane has more of a hunger to score goals than any other player on this team imo , add a level or more better linemates and his progression will result in multiple 40 goal seasons over this contract.He is going to produce , and possibly at an elite or near elite level.

This is also one more very astute move by Kevin Cheveldayoff . Enstrom and Pavelec signed long term , getting Chicago's second and third draft picks for this year for Oduya in a very deep talent draft class and singing Jokinen for 2 years .

Winnipeg is positioned to make a move if needed this year in the draft and there will be players worth moving up for if they finish too high . They could also really build the future by keeping the picks , great option to have.

I see Kane playing with Scheifele eventually and would love it if Telegin developed to be a fit with them. Really like the skill and talents they offer and they fit if they all progress close to their potential or to that.

Bravo. Now we'll wait but be less stressed
You know, I am really glad that the team has owners that have a passion for the game, a deep understanding of the mechanics, are patient, and have enough trust in their GM to keep a hands off approach. I honestly can't think of a single weak link in the Jets front office.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:55 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I will joyously admit I was wrong.
Well that was quite modest... lol

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Bathory67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Now everyone can s t f u about it.

Sorry, but it was so tired.

So I think with all the signs and re-signs we've seen, the old tired MEME that no one wants to play in Winnipeg can finally die, right?

I am very happy right meow!

As far as the Jets, honestly, like some other franchises, I think 3 or 4 years down the road, when those ridiculous long term season ticket commitments are up for renewal, that the honeymoon will end abruptly. I honestly believe that they will have a problem attracting and keeping stars, and will be perpetually developing players that end up elsewhere…..especially if there are term limits on bridge contracts.

This is a comment I found on some Hockey internet comment.The guy in question is an oilers fan ,so do not be too angry.I am also an oilers fan and I had an argument over free agency with some other poster about "players not wanting to sign".

Those MEME will be around until we flood gates of players signing.It is a common ignorance but you might have to ignore it.I do not see NHL players as bad as NBA players.If they see a winnner then they will come.

Bathory67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:19 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory67 View Post

As far as the Jets, honestly, like some other franchises, I think 3 or 4 years down the road, when those ridiculous long term season ticket commitments are up for renewal, that the honeymoon will end abruptly. I honestly believe that they will have a problem attracting and keeping stars, and will be perpetually developing players that end up elsewhere…..especially if there are term limits on bridge contracts.

This is a comment I found on some Hockey internet comment.The guy in question is an oilers fan ,so do not be too angry.I am also an oilers fan and I had an argument over free agency with some other poster about "players not wanting to sign".

Those MEME will be around until we flood gates of players signing.It is a common ignorance but you might have to ignore it.I do not see NHL players as bad as NBA players.If they see a winnner then they will come.
Well, I can see the validity of his statement if the Jets ice a team as bad as the Oilers have been the past 7 years. Remember that no one supposedly wants to play in Edmonton as well.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:34 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

I feel that the expiring CBA probably pushed Kane to sign, especially if the NHL pushes the entry-level back to 4/5 years. Good term, good numbers. Between Lucic and Pacioretty, Kane comes into the season as the highest paid Jet, exceeding overpaid Buff, hoping his confidence translates into results, with more pressure. Having Burmistrov who should be his set-up man get that much needed year in the A brings extra promise.

Chevy still needs to add a d-man to fill Bogosian's long term void. Kubina would be a good signing, once the puck drops again.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:45 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Exactly!

Kaner is a Jet for a long, long time.
He is a stud, and will be a 40-goal scorer, total ace coming up.

Now....lets play some HOCKEY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Awesome news

Take that haters!

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:23 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post

Chevy still needs to add a d-man to fill Bogosian's long term void. Kubina would be a good signing, once the puck drops again.
At this point there's no way to fill the void due to the lockout (obviously), but I'm not sure signing someone to replace Zach is that huge of a priority till we know how many games we're missing. If we miss a substantial part of the season he may be near healthy when the puck drops again.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:08 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Great news to wake up to!

I think in a previous thread my prediction was 6y @ 32 - I think this is a reasonable contract, and the length of the contract is great. Whether through sheer luck or shrewdness, the Atlanta front office did a good job of bringing some great pieces on board - it's nice to see TNSE locking up the core and forming a real identity with players that are soon to reach their prime. I know I drink the Kool-Aid, but I'm very happy with the way Chevy has handled the re-signings, and brought in key pieces to fill holes in the line-up while the rest of our prospects mature.

Now, if we can just get a season started...

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:35 AM
SensibleGuy

Great signing for the Jets. I still suspect if Kane had his druthers he'd be elsewhere, but he really didn't have any bargaining chips here so we got him!

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:19 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Boom.

Well that was quite modest... lol
When you make a statement like "Kane has asked for a trade I'm convinced" and then he signs like an hour later you have to hide the egg on your face somehow hahaha

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:29 AM
EpicGingy

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

I woke up this morning and saw the news on Facebook... great to see we got the best deal, seems like the perfect value

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Dave512

Absolutely fantastic news to wake up to on an otherwise sad day for hockey. I look forward to watching Kane pour shots on goal for several years to come!

Dave512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Slept in today let the little guy have a little computer time first since I thought the Jets world would be quiet. Then you see this and all of a sudden it is happy dance time

Great signing at a fair price. Next 2 things I want to hear now is the NHLPA and Owners are back at the bargaining table and Bogo's injury is healing ahead of schedule.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote