HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout discussion thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
^ what the ****

Old
09-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Rosso Scuderia

This thread was already sad.. it got even sadder with post #26 and 27. What the **** people?

Old
09-16-2012, 02:04 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
A girl I went to college with passed away today. Freak accident, she passed out and stopped breathing and when her family brought her to the hospital, it was already too late.

She's my age (21) and had the rest of her life in front of her. I don't know why I'm posting this here. We were never friends, but this news saddened me profoundly. Life is short guys, live it.
You went to Marianopolis, right?

I heard about this too. No idea who this person was, but she was friends with my ex-girlfriend's friends. It's really crazy how life can just end like that.

Old
09-16-2012, 03:44 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Habs Prospects website
Old
09-16-2012, 05:08 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Old
09-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

time for a new leauge period .

Old
09-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Well, this battle between idiots posturing in suits sure is better than watching hockey played at a high level. Shame we had to put up with all those years of hockey before we got the chance to see this yet again.

I sure can't wait to see who will win this one. Will it be giant bunch of f***ing morons A or giant bunch of f***ing morons B? Though I can't help but feel that whoever wins, we lose.

As for this next clip, just imagine the word "cup" replaced by the word "lockout" with Bettman playing the part of Mrs Doyle.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Bill McNeal

Already sick of the childish tweets from the PA that are flooding my timeline. I notice none of the players have the balls to call out the guys signing their checks.

It'll be a long time before this league sees another cent from my pocket.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Rockomax

Plekanec will play with Jagr in the KHL for the length of the lock-out
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/348015.html

Old
09-16-2012, 09:25 AM
psychonaut

God its only a % we are working with here. I can't believed they could not come to a deal. The cap is in place the HRR are in place should not be so hard. We had a ****** season last year and I wants some hockey now Summer was hot and long!

Old
09-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Rickkins

B*stards....

Old
09-16-2012, 09:44 AM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
go NFL!
As much as I like NewFoundLand , I prefer hockey.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Plekanec will play with Jagr in the KHL for the length of the lock-out
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/348015.html
Well... I guess that's kind of cool, all things considered.

Happy for Kladno fans, that's for sure. They're going to be treated to some excellent hockey and they'll be able to watch two of their country's best players, who they don't get to watch live often otherwise.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:59 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Go Giants!
I support this message!

Old
09-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Everybody wants too much money.

Some players may be sincere about just wanting to play, but the players as a whole are greedy and won't more money. Whether that's their opinion, or forced upon by Fehr, I don't know.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:53 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If I had twitter.. I'd tweet the players how much money I invest to PLAY hockey because I love the game. Money I really can't afford to spend because I have bills, debts, and loans. Time I really can't afford to use up because I have to invest time in work, school, to hope I can find a reasonable way to live.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:57 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

im sick of these idiots we just want to watch hockey. they should have started negotiation before the season ended . i have ton of nhl products shirts caps jerseys and go to few games a season and im not planning on buying anything even if hockey comes back atleast for a year or 2 i really hope other fans do the same and send the message to the nhl and to that clown bettman.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:01 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
A lot of hate going towards the owners and Bettman this time around. I agree that they are being a little bit greedy but i also perceive alot of hypocrisy coming from the players side, especially from the star players.

While Fehr is asking the players association not to budge and be strong, the star players have already planned to go to the KHL and make their millions there, thus leaving all the second string players not skilled enough for the khl with no salary and no ice time.

If you want to be part of a Union and make demands as a union everyone should be loyal and show solidarity towards the other members of the union. In regular life, you're not even allowed to look for other jobs when locked out.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
You went to Marianopolis, right?

I heard about this too. No idea who this person was, but she was friends with my ex-girlfriend's friends. It's really crazy how life can just end like that.
Yes she went to Marianopolis. She tried to befriend me twice but I had my own problems with her so we never got along. Now it just makes me realize how trivial some arguments are. Wish I had taken the time to be her friend.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:31 AM
PyrettaBlaze

The one semester I'm off from school and have literally nothing to do besides lay in bed all day, there's no hockey. Of course, when I get back to normal life (work/school) in January they'll probably start playing again. **** them.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 09-16-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old
09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Schwang

This is just really depressing. Obviously, there are some major egos at play here. How many times did they actually meet? I didn't hear about any all-night bargaining sessions. Lock them all in a room until a deal is reached. Why no arbitrator? This just doesn't seem like either side was REALLY willing to start the season on time. Otherwise, they would have met non-stop until a deal was reached. There were days and days that went without any meetings!

How could either side think we'd be sympathetic? Another poster mentioned that quite a few of the stars are playing for big bucks in Europe. How can that be allowed?

I can't see how this sort of thing can be avoided in the future either. It's already happened 3 times since 1994. I know there aare a lot of factors at play, but they really need to crack down on certain GM's signing guys for ridiculous contracts. Sorry, but I still don't believe Weber was worth the contract he received. Same with Parise, Suter, Kane. The list goes on. The money and contract lengths are just out of hand.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:51 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I guess I like hockey more than you do but I just can't "relax". I'm not only upset that the league is in lock-out.. but it will be the third time in 18 years that this league is in lock-out. Will it become a pattern now? Every 6 years, they waste one to discuss their share of revenues?

I wonder how money will each hockey cities will lose if there's no hockey at all this winter. It affects a ****loads of people. They had months to discuss in the summertime now it has come to this again..
There's still a week until training camp starts. While I doubt they'll come up with a deal it's premature to start feeling down. Besides, hockey is everywhere. Watch the chl, follow the guys in ahl or try to find streams of NHL talent in Russia. Life goes on and the top players will still play.

At the end of the day it's just a game. People get sensitive when I describe it like that but it's the truth, do whatever you gotta do and eventually everything will fix itself.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
The one semester I'm off from school and have literally nothing to do besides lay in bed all day, there's no hockey. Of course, when I get back to normal life (work/school) in January they'll probably start playing again. **** them.
Why take a semester off?

Old
09-16-2012, 11:54 AM
ChoseLa

I'd like to know if we were going to a complete year lockout, how would they decide how the lottery works? Would it be completly equal for everyone or it would be based on the 2011-2012 season standing?

Old
09-16-2012, 11:58 AM
NotProkofievian

Guys, I don't know why I'm posting this here, but, statistically speaking, someone I've never met before just died. She was my age. Just goes to show you, life's short. Live it.

Closed Thread