HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Kostitsyn signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

Old
09-15-2012, 02:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
So freaking inconsistent from shift to shift and game to game, and yet always had decent statistal end of year numbers.

09-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, amazing. The guy was given chance after chance in Montreal, played for plenty of coaches and he ended up being in the doghouse for all of 'em, he frustrated us time and time again aside from 2007-08, disappeared in several playoff series and then pretty much showed he doesn't give a damn about winning during the playoffs in Nashville when drinking deep into the night was more important to him than getting ready for a near must win game 2 at 5 PM local time the next day.

That this guy is almost worshiped on our board is one of the strangest things I can remember.

It was time to move on. Regardless of if the hole on the roster is there or not.
I don't think they were out drinking deep into the night.

Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 02:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

There was no alcohol. If I recall correctly, and I believe I do, he and Radulov heard about some place that serves some Russian dish they both had a craving for and went out for an extremely late dinner. Out past curfew just chatting and dining.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
There was no alcohol. If I recall correctly, and I believe I do, he and Radulov heard about some place that serves some Russian dish they both had a craving for and went out for an extremely late dinner. Out past curfew just chatting and dining.
Of course, and they would have been suspended by the Preds for that reason only. Makes sense.

People need to stop trying to find excuses to protect those guys. I trust in Poile and Trotz intelligence more than hearsays on this bord... period.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Of course, and they would have been suspended by the Preds for that reason only. Makes sense.

People need to stop trying to find excuses to protect those guys. I trust in Poile and Trotz intelligence more than hearsays on this bord... period.
According to SI, no drinking, one hour late. Curfew is 12, they made it back to the room at one. No alcohol, apparently.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...ne/MAG1198348/

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
It is not official yet (no registration of contract in KHL), but sport director of Traktor said: Andrei sign with us for one year, will stay whole season, not only for lockout period. We would like to sign D Voynov for lockout period as well

Andrei Kostitsyn has no NHL contract, Habs did not sign him, so he had to sign whole season in KHL.
If that is the case its a one year contract....which also means he could possibly follow the path Radalov did with Nashville last year which was joing the team in March after the Russian season was over.

I am betting their is some buy out clause or cash clause in the contract that if say the lockout ends in November or December he can be acquired by an NHL team for some sort of fee if the KHL-NHL aggreement follows soccer rules of sells players or loaning players.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 04:56 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

By the way, Traktor Chelyabinsk, not Chelyabinsk Traktor.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Kirk Muller

good talent. hockey iq of a ping pong ball. He has the raw skills just doesnt have brain, drive or passion to be a great player. Not a bad player just one from day one of the draft, wasnt one i wanted in Montreal.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Dima_BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
By the way, Traktor Chelyabinsk, not Chelyabinsk Traktor.
let's pretend Chelyabinsk Traktor = челябинский "Трактор"

Dima_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

Making them scapegoats once it became clear the preds were falling apart was an incredibly intelligent move. Falling for it... not so much.

Teams are idiots for passing on him for ~3 per. 25g 50p guy in a top 6 role who hits hard and is alright defensively would help a ton of teams in the league

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:47 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I'm really surprised he didn't get a contract. My guess is that GMs talk and whatever AK and Radulov did, Poile told other GMs about.

When you think about it, it's more shocking that no one wanted Radulov than it is that no one wanted Kostitsyn.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 04:17 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
If that is the case its a one year contract....which also means he could possibly follow the path Radalov did with Nashville last year which was joing the team in March after the Russian season was over.

I am betting their is some buy out clause or cash clause in the contract that if say the lockout ends in November or December he can be acquired by an NHL team for some sort of fee if the KHL-NHL aggreement follows soccer rules of sells players or loaning players.
I made a mistake, not Habs but Preds did not sign him.

Not like this (bold part). There is rule in KHL that every contract can be bought out. Player must pay some % of remainder of contract to club if he wants to buy out. Kostitsyn will stay in KHL for whole season. He has NO contract in NHL, so has NO obligation to come back THIS season. Of course, he will be free agent in KHL during summer 2013, he can choose where to play season 13/14.

Radulov - he came to Preds when KHL play-off was playing, just his team - Salavat Yulaev Ufa - lost in 1st round, so Radulov decided to come to Preds. It is special case, it was 1st case like this, I dont think it would happen with Kostitsyn... he is not Radulov (value for KHL)

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:39 AM
onice

Quote:
The guy was given chance after chance in Montreal, played for plenty of coaches and he ended up being in the doghouse for all of 'em,
Since when does two coaches equal plenty. Carbonneau & Martin. Are you really counting Gainey & Cunneyworth? He was with them for a blink of an eye. Those two had no issues with him.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Making them scapegoats once it became clear the preds were falling apart was an incredibly intelligent move. Falling for it... not so much.

Teams are idiots for passing on him for ~3 per. 25g 50p guy in a top 6 role who hits hard and is alright defensively would help a ton of teams in the league
Wow! We've read it all folks, even conspiracy theory. People will really go to great lengths to defend the actions of their favourite players. No wonder they'll keep on buying NHL products and tickets in spite of getting screwed over and over again by Bettman and his crew!

Old
09-16-2012, 10:40 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Wow! We've read it all folks, even conspiracy theory. People will really go to great lengths to defend the actions of their favourite players. No wonder they'll keep on buying NHL products and tickets in spite of getting screwed over and over again by Bettman and his crew!
I don't buy that guy's theory, but you're off, too. They were not out late drinking. It isn't just hearsay on this board. Sports Illustrated ran a piece about it, and the last time I checked SI is reputable.

They missed curfew. Neither of them looked great on the ice the next day. Trotz suspended them for a game, and then painted himself into a corner by saying he would not make any roster changes if the team won. They did. The two were scratched in the next game. That's it. That's the entire story in a paragraph.

Discussing why AK might not have signed with an NHL team is fine, but let's try not to get it too far off topic.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't buy that guy's theory, but you're off, too. They were not out late drinking. It isn't just hearsay on this board. Sports Illustrated ran a piece about it, and the last time I checked SI is reputable.

They missed curfew. Neither of them looked great on the ice the next day. Trotz suspended them for a game, and then painted himself into a corner by saying he would not make any roster changes if the team won. They did. The two were scratched in the next game. That's it. That's the entire story in a paragraph.

Discussing why AK might not have signed with an NHL team is fine, but let's try not to get it too far off topic.
It's directly on topic though. There's a very strong possibility that AK doesn't have an NHL contract because of his antics and that event, same for Radulov. I don't buy the Kool-Aid of them just missing the curfew. Sorry. Trotz and Poile are more intelligent than that, and word got around the league.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
A.Kost is better than Rene Bourque.
So is Yashin, so what's your point?

Oh Akost is also better then Nokelainen, perhaps we should sign him to center the 4th line?

Good points dude, good points

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
So is Yashin, so what's your point?

Oh Akost is also better then Nokelainen, perhaps we should sign him to center the 4th line?

Good points dude, good points
AK and Bourque play same position and both have consistency issues. I'm not sure why it's a stretch to compare the two.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Avim86

The real question is would people be calling him heartless if his name was John Smith from Ontario...The guy has the obvious talent to be a top line player the fact that his numbers seem to be more of a strong 2nd line player , great 3rd line player...shouldn't really represent that he is lazy.(Just that people love comparing him to the elite 2003 draft class) People act as if making the NHL is a cake walk and that any Joe Blow can wake up in the morning and start scoring 20 goals a year consistently...It's a shame that AK is without a contract but do you honestly believe he would be in the KHL if there was no lockout?(I for one don't his family is used to North America , his brother plays in the U.S , he spent 3 years in the AHL proving himself and now another 6 NHL seasons played , it just doesn't add up). I honestly think Nashville needed to simmer down their pride and offer AK a 2 year contract to let him mesh with the team and his brother. I know AK can be that secondary player that makes a nice difference when he is on , as he is almost a game changer , will he do this consistently?(of course not that's why he isn't a 40 goal scorer) but to actually think that none of the 29 other teams had any interest in him is ridiculous...I obviously don't know what he was seeking in terms of contract but it couldn't have been more then 3.5-4M per.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:28 PM
RC51

The Kostitsyn brothers?
reminds me of RAIN MAN. One is too smart for his own good the other is too good for his own smarts.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:40 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
A.Kost is better than Rene Bourque.
One will be in the NHL, the other will not.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Dekar

If he was being offered contract for $2 mil a year like some people here are suggesting, no wonder he left. He's worth double that, inconsistent or not. You don't lowball top-6 wingers like that.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 04:46 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Good for him. I'm one of the few Preds fans who kind of wanted AK back. Radulov, not so much, but I liked Kostitsyn's game, and both he and his brother seemed legitimately happy to be playing together again in Nashville. Best of luck, AK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
If he was being offered contract for $2 mil a year like some people here are suggesting, no wonder he left. He's worth double that, inconsistent or not. You don't lowball top-6 wingers like that.
Considering the fact that AK was thought of as a reclamation project over anything else it kinda does make sense.
There was already the incident in the Montreal news paper about him and his brother and the mishap there, along with the Playoff thing with Nashville.

The Pens offered AK 2 years at 2 per, which is a solid offer when you consider the team and where they should place in the standings.

I said many a time I'd have given him 2 years at 3 per. Even gone as high 3.5 if that's what was needed.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
A completely unsurprising decision. Amazing that so many Habs fans wanted to bring him back.
Yep. Funny how things work out, huh?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Slick Eller

He will be back.

Kostitsyn ability on the forecheck and his physical game is vastly underrated.

Like someone else said, I'll take Andrei Kostitsyn back a hundred time before Rene Bourque.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote