HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
The major and minor league affiliations between Nashville and Milwaukee will continue. The Brewers and Sounds extended their agreement through 2014.
now if we could only buy up the scrap metal yard and build a new baseball stadium/outdoor venue over there.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:18 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
now if we could only buy up the scrap metal yard and build a new baseball stadium/outdoor venue over there.
I think the Brewers are cautiously optimistic about it. They speak very highly of the Sounds ownership and management and I think they would have at least tested the waters (even though there aren't a ton of teams available) if they didn't feel they could get a stadium done.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Tennessee loses to Florida in hilarious fashion.

WKU also beat Kentucky, and though I'm dismayed when Western Kentucky has any kind of success in any sport ever, it's still pretty funny to watch the SEC get a run for its money from the Sun Belt.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:01 AM
NoNecksCurse

alabama 52 arkansas 0 ... RMFT!

Old
09-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

No SEC and national title talk from the Knoxville media, for this week at least after the Vols beat the powerhouse Akron Zips then it will re-start again.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
No SEC and national title talk from the Knoxville media, for this week at least after the Vols beat the powerhouse Akron Zips then it will re-start again.
They still have yet to play UGA, SC & Bama ... Dooley has to run that gauntlet to keep his job ... the fan base is getting tired of seeing their team get run out of its own field by their biggest rivals (reason Fulmer was shown the door)

My team is 3-0 & drubbed a Top 10 opponent, so I'm happy.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Tennessee loses to Florida in hilarious fashion.

WKU also beat Kentucky, and though I'm dismayed when Western Kentucky has any kind of success in any sport ever, it's still pretty funny to watch the SEC get a run for its money from the Sun Belt.
I think I tweeted to Big Joe that the SEC can't claim it's the best Conference top to bottom in the Land after the Sun Belt's dominance over some of the SEC's middle/light weights couldn't handle the kitchen heat

Old
09-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
They still have yet to play UGA, SC & Bama ... Dooley has to run that gauntlet to keep his job ... the fan base is getting tired of seeing their team get run out of its own field by their biggest rivals (reason Fulmer was shown the door)

My team is 3-0 & drubbed a Top 10 opponent, so I'm happy.
The TV stations from Knoxville are as Homer (both fan and Simpson) as it gets. After the Vols beat Ga State one of the sports caster here called Bray the best QB in football (not just college Football). In reality I think the Vols go 1-7 in the SEC again this year. I'm hoping for 0-8 though.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
I think I tweeted to Big Joe that the SEC can't claim it's the best Conference top to bottom in the Land after the Sun Belt's dominance over some of the SEC's middle/light weights couldn't handle the kitchen heat
Best at the top, certainly. Bama is looking scary good, and LSU's pretty good as well. Top-to-bottom, tho, I think the Pac-12 has them beat. The Big 12 might have some say in the debate also.

I also maintain that South Carolina is the most grossly, ridiculously overranked team in the country by a huge margin.

And I'm frankly perversely relieved that my Buckeyes can't make it to the BCS. The receivers Are Not Ready. Already looking forward to next year, tho.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-16-2012, 10:52 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Best at the top, certainly. Bama is looking scary good, and LSU's pretty good as well. Top-to-bottom, tho, I think the Pac-12 has them beat. The Big 12 might have some say in the debate also.

I also maintain that South Carolina is the most grossly, ridiculously overranked team in the country by a huge margin.

And I'm frankly perversely relieved that my Buckeyes can't make it to the BCS. The receivers Are Not Ready. Already looking forward to next year, tho.
Though I'm a fan, UGA isn't knocking my socks off as a #6 either.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:10 AM
NoNecksCurse

you guys are crazy. SEC is the best overall conference, hands down. anyone saying otherwise is just wrong.

alabama and LSU the 2 best teams in the nation again. then there is georgia, south carolina, florida, arkansas. as well as teams like tennessee mississippi state who would be a 7+ win team in any other conference.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
you guys are crazy. SEC is the best overall conference, hands down. anyone saying otherwise is just wrong.

alabama and LSU the 2 best teams in the nation again. then there is georgia, south carolina, florida, arkansas. as well as teams like tennessee mississippi state who would be a 7+ win team in any other conference.
eh ? ... they're 1-2 with losses to ulm ... ULM & Bammer

Old
09-16-2012, 02:00 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Im ready for them to start playing with the round ball indoors already...

this little thing they do on saturdays to pass the time until basketball season is annoying....

Old
09-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:

Rant(s) deleted. I must say, though, that I would have thought that Kentucky-WKU, Arkansas-ULM, and Vanderbilt-Northwestern would have taught a few hard lessons to the SEC-conference-only-fan lunatic fringe by now.

Nobody rational is going to deny that Bama and LSU are awesome. But the rest of the conference is presently largely irrelevant and the East is utter crap this year. Deal with it and move on.

Old
09-16-2012, 05:16 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Rant(s) deleted. I must say, though, that I would have thought that Kentucky-WKU, Arkansas-ULM, and Vanderbilt-Northwestern would have taught a few hard lessons to the SEC-conference-only-fan lunatic fringe by now.

Nobody rational is going to deny that Bama and LSU are awesome. But the rest of the conference is presently largely irrelevant and the East is utter crap this year. Deal with it and move on.
the east is utterly crap? Georgia at #5, South Carolina at #7, Florida at #14. Tennessee was just bumped out of the top 25 due to a tough loss against Florida.

i'm gonna assume you are a Big 10 fan? since you have ties with CBJ (Ohio St?) .. but honestly there is not ONE conference in CFB that holds a candle to the SEC, period. anyone stating otherwise is just tired of the SEC dominating. similar to the wings in the NHL.

we heard the same blah blah... Bama and LSU are great but everyone else is weak last year, too.

Final Rankings last year: Bama #1, LSU #2, Arkansas #5, South Carolina #9, Georgia #19. 5 teams in the top 25 as well as Auburn just missing the top 25 after playing LSU, Bama, Arkansas in ONE season.

this year rankings as of today: Bama #1, LSU #2, Georgia #5, South Carolina #7, Florida #14, Mississippi State #23.

looks awful similar in terms of strength as last year and we heard the same B.S all last year. until someone knocks the SEC off the top, get over it.

and as far as the Arkansas - ULM comments, Arkansas was down a starting QB, RB, and defensive back as well. they were winning i believe 28-7 when injured. the hogs arent as strong as in years past but they would still lay a smack down on any middle-weight from the big 12, big 10, or pac 12

Old
09-16-2012, 10:41 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Through two games:

Chris Johnson - 19 carries, 21 yards
Jake Locker - 4 carries, 32 yards

Solution: put Hasselbeck under center, start Locker at tailback.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:03 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Good thing the Titans decided to go ahead and pay Chris Johnson, eh?

I missed the game. Had to work, and then went running afterwards. I heard it was worth missing, though. Haven't even looked at the final score. When I was leaving the gym it was 24-3 or something.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Through two games:

Chris Johnson - 19 carries, 21 yards
Jake Locker - 4 carries, 32 yards

Solution: put Hasselbeck under center, start Locker at tailback.
They made me throw up ... or was that the alcohol, I don't remember ... this organization is garbage.

Old
09-17-2012, 12:00 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Good thing the Titans decided to go ahead and pay Chris Johnson, eh?

I missed the game. Had to work, and then went running afterwards. I heard it was worth missing, though. Haven't even looked at the final score. When I was leaving the gym it was 24-3 or something.
It ended 38-10. Wherever he is now, I'm sure Drake744 absolutely loved it. He's a Chargers fan, and San Diego had 73% of the ball and just wore the Titans out. I think McCarthy was injured, so they were already playing without their best linebacker, Witherspoon was playing hurt, and the Chargers just abused Tennessee over the middle of the field.

They're one of the worst teams in the league this year, no doubt about it... but at least they're better than Arkansas.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Legionnaire11

The Titans are just bad right now, usually i'm optimistic about them, but not right now. The secondary can't cover anyone, the linebackers are banged up, the d-line comes up with pressure once every series.

The receivers still can't hold on to a pass... going on about 9 seasons in a row now. The O-line would probably lose a wrestling match with the cheerleaders.

Chris Johnson IS TERRIBLE. If he were rushing for 50-60 yards a game, i'd say it's a slump and he needs to work on a few things to get to the next level. But averaging 10 yards a game... TERRIBLE. If it were up to me i'd pay out whatever guaranteed money he has and cut him. Maybe he goes somewhere else and lights it up again, but obviously he's not going to perform for the Titans anymore.

Jack Locker is obviously still learning. Looks like he could have used another season watching Hasselback. But with the rest of the team as bad as they've been, it's not like a QB switch is going to solve anything.

This team will be lucky to win 4 games

Old
09-17-2012, 05:37 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

You are a Blue Jackets fan ... any sports assessment by you is qustionable.

THE USC just keeps winning .. and giving me a reason to pull the white and garnet gamer out of the closet.

For the NFL .... BOLT UP!!!!!!!!

Old
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
alabama 52 arkansas 0 ... RMFT!

RMFT....Redneck Mothers For Teeth????

Old
09-20-2012, 04:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
For the NFL .... BOLT UP TO LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!
Fixed it.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
RMFT....Redneck Mothers For Teeth????
lol.. very funny

Old
09-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
You are a Blue Jackets fan ... any sports assessment by you is qustionable.
I'm also a part-time Preds fan due to my admiration of how the team is run. Would you perchance desire to reconsider that remark?

Closed Thread