HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What happens to Getzlaf and Perry?

Old
09-16-2012, 03:12 AM
bWo

vCash: 500
god i hope schultz is a bust. he ****ed the ducks, and i hate the ducks.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-16-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: filter circumvention
bWo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

If Perry wants to stay in Cali, he can sign with the Kings. He is like bffs with Doughty and he recently went to his cup party.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:28 AM
re5piration
'67 til

Perry's a good old Ontario boy, he's coming home to the Leafs

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Right, but nothing there could really be considered "lying". Screwing them over I could possibly see, but on the flip side this wasn't really a 'loophole' as much as it was, like you said, Schultz doing what he feels is best for himself. I remember the whole situation well as I followed it closely. A telling indication that we only heard one side of the story was the also implied accusation of tampering. Now taking Boudreau's statement into consideration and also considering nothing came of the tampering allegations, it kind of undermines the credibility of the story and surrounding situation and IMO disqualifies Mr. Boudreau's entire statement. In a court of law they would agree.

Did Schultz lie? No. Which is why those statements were so cleverly made as to not imply he lied but rather just drop the cookie crumbs to that conclusion.

Anyway I said I wouldn't bring up Schultz again so I won't. I will say though that the Perry/Getzlaf situation isn't really that big of a deal IMO. It would be no different then if they become free agents with a full season. I fully expect them to re-sign.
I understand that you want to defend the player, because he ended up signing with the team you like, but it's ridiculous of you to discredit Boudreau's comments based on the fact that no tampering charges have yet to be filed. However, since you don't want to believe anything out of anybody else's mouth, why don't we look straight to the horses mouth, shall we?

Schultz weighs his options with Ducks

Quote:
"Right when the season was over, Anaheim gave me a couple weeks to think things over, but I had already made up my mind around Christmas time that I was coming back," Schultz said. "They hounded me a little bit, but I made it pretty clear to them. They know that I want to play for them in the next couple years, and they trust me."
That statement, alone, pretty much sums it up. He either told them he'd be signing or at least gave them the indication that he'd be signing with them...and by saying that they trust him, confirms that.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
If Perry wants to stay in Cali, he can sign with the Kings. He is like bffs with Doughty and he recently went to his cup party.
Did he really go to the cup party? I don't doubt the friendship thing, but surprised a player of a rival team would actually do that. (BTW, I'm legitimately asking, because I didn't hear of it)

As for the thread...I think it's a 90%+ chance that the Ducks retain Getzlaf's services. He's always said he likes it here, his wife and her family is from here, and he has said in the past that he'd like to be a one-team guy. Perry, on the other hand, has not really ever said one thing or another...which worries me. It's hard to say what he will do. I can see him leaving to a cup contender. (Sorry Leaf fans...and I don't mean that as a jab either)

Old
09-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

They both come to Ottawa..

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 07:35 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
As long as the new CBA allows long term deals Burke won't be able to bring in big name UFAs with his self imposed 5 year cap. Also he refuses to do retirement deals (which are hopefully taken out).
It sounds like the next cba, is expected to limit long term deals.

Isn't that why Weber signed his long term deal this summer, before the new cba kicks in ?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Being cynical until these sentiments are inked on a contract prevents heartbreak.
Funny you mention Schultz, because Getzlaf was the Ducks player who came out and said he hated how he handled the situation.

"I've never seen him play or anything but I hear he's pretty good. He better be really good because a lot of players, not just on this team, don't like the way he's handling this situation. We want guys who want to be here and be a part of our team. No one wants to deal with that sh... uh stuff in the locker room.

Getzlaf has also said multiple times he wants to be in Anaheim, and wants to play his whole career with one team. His wife is from Anaheim, and his family is established there. Say it about Perry, but Id say Getzlaf is all but a sure thing.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:00 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

If we miss the entire year, it could definitely be the worst case for the Ducks. Not that they are the only team. (calgary is another)

However, they are in a start to win - or make a change year. Getzlaf and Perry could very easily sign (and build around them), but they would fetch top dollar at the deadline if the Ducks elected to rebuild.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:09 AM
DJOpus

I predit that Getzlaf and Perry will be RFAs when the CBA expires.

DJOpus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 10:04 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Right, but nothing there could really be considered "lying". Screwing them over I could possibly see, but on the flip side this wasn't really a 'loophole' as much as it was, like you said, Schultz doing what he feels is best for himself. I remember the whole situation well as I followed it closely. A telling indication that we only heard one side of the story was the also implied accusation of tampering. Now taking Boudreau's statement into consideration and also considering nothing came of the tampering allegations, it kind of undermines the credibility of the story and surrounding situation and IMO disqualifies Mr. Boudreau's entire statement. In a court of law they would agree.

Did Schultz lie? No. Which is why those statements were so cleverly made as to not imply he lied but rather just drop the cookie crumbs to that conclusion.

Anyway I said I wouldn't bring up Schultz again so I won't. I will say though that the Perry/Getzlaf situation isn't really that big of a deal IMO. It would be no different then if they become free agents with a full season. I fully expect them to re-sign.
Keep those glasses on.......

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 10:35 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
I understand that you want to defend the player, because he ended up signing with the team you like, but it's ridiculous of you to discredit Boudreau's comments based on the fact that no tampering charges have yet to be filed. However, since you don't want to believe anything out of anybody else's mouth, why don't we look straight to the horses mouth, shall we?

Schultz weighs his options with Ducks

That statement, alone, pretty much sums it up. He either told them he'd be signing or at least gave them the indication that he'd be signing with them...and by saying that they trust him, confirms that.
It's more about ensuring that false claims of him 'lying' don't end up becoming an HF hallmark when discussing Schultz. You can say whatever you want about him screwing over the Ducks, being a dink about the whole thing, etc, because people are entitled to their opinions about the situation, but calling him a liar or accusing him of things that have no basis is where I draw the line.

In the end Schultz played by the rules set out by the CBA, as did Philly when they sheeted Weber and as did Edmonton sheeting Penner/Vanek and many other prospects that left their respective draft teams.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
NEWFowler
hi

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's more about ensuring that false claims of him 'lying' don't end up becoming an HF hallmark when discussing Schultz. You can say whatever you want about him screwing over the Ducks, being a dink about the whole thing, etc, because people are entitled to their opinions about the situation, but calling him a liar or accusing him of things that have no basis is where I draw the line.

In the end Schultz played by the rules set out by the CBA, as did Philly when they sheeted Weber and as did Edmonton sheeting Penner/Vanek and many other prospects that left their respective draft teams.
Your posts in this thread are cracking me up Please, do continue

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:04 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Lol at saying that Schultz didn't lie. http://ducks.ocregister.com/2012/06/...ntment/111402/

He told the GM that he couldn't wait to play for the Ducks and look what happened. That seems like lying to me.

About Perry and Getzlaf. Getzlaf is very likely to stay (unless he's been lying), he just started his family life in California where his wife is from, and they like to live there. Perry is a mystery since he's always very silent. I hope he wants to play with his buddy in Anaheim but it's hard to say what's on his mind. I'm sure that neither of them go to Toronto though.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
How'd this turn into a Schultz thread? Let's talk about some more important player, Messrs. Getzlaf and Perry. If Perry doesn't want to re-sign with Anaheim, hypothetically what would the Ducks be looking for in a deadline deal?

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

When Ryan resigned, he said that he consulted with Getz and Perry on them plans for the future.

I`m hoping a lot that Getz and Perry do resign with us, but possibility of them leaving is also in consideration.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:

So, basically, you just elect to ignore the whole quote and link that I posted since it is in fact a basis for the accusations against him? Nice...you first say that you won't believe someone else's comments so then I point out Schultz' comments, straight from his own mouth and you still refuse to see the reality of that situation. Have a nice day...

Here's to hoping for a short lockout so that the Ducks have adequate time to resign their stars.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:29 PM
trublu16

IF Getzlaf makes it to UFA status at the end of this season. He is probably going to resign with the Ducks, but will probably go to FA to see what is out there. And if he does that, you cannot count out the Blues. As of right now, a scoring #1 center is one of there two major needs. So it would be a great marriage in my mind, especially when you have the type of center that would perfect for Hitch's defense-first system.

With the Blues being 16+ mil under the salary cap, at least according to the previously CBA, and only Shattenkirk due a significant raise in the 13-14 season. There is room for Getzlaf to be signed at a decent amount. And with the Blues offering him one of the best situations in the league (low-key town, solid all-around team, better chance at SC than most, young team that happens to be at the beginning of there SCP window).

And as a side note, we could replace one former Ducks center with another. Or just keep both, but seriously doubt it.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:12 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
When Ryan resigned, he said that he consulted with Getz and Perry on them plans for the future.

I`m hoping a lot that Getz and Perry do resign with us, but possibility of them leaving is also in consideration.
hopefully thats true.. but i guess since our team has been weaker their thoughts may have changed?
i expect getzy to be back. i donno about perry.. hes just too quiet.

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
InjuredChoker

The consensus among Ducks fans seems to be that Getzlaf re-signs, Perry is a mystery, he could go anywhere.

I think he re-signs for the same amount as does Getzlaf. Anaheim has some good kids coming up, they could very competitive team in a couple of years, especially if their owner opens up the wallet a little bit.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Did he really go to the cup party? I don't doubt the friendship thing, but surprised a player of a rival team would actually do that. (BTW, I'm legitimately asking, because I didn't hear of it)

As for the thread...I think it's a 90%+ chance that the Ducks retain Getzlaf's services. He's always said he likes it here, his wife and her family is from here, and he has said in the past that he'd like to be a one-team guy. Perry, on the other hand, has not really ever said one thing or another...which worries me. It's hard to say what he will do. I can see him leaving to a cup contender. (Sorry Leaf fans...and I don't mean that as a jab either)
Doughty went to Perry's cup party, so he invited Perry to his cup party. I'm assuming he went.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Stahl2Stall
LOTTERY RALLY TEXT

Yeah I would say Perry leaving is more likely, still does a bunch of stuff around the community up here and comes back for the summers.

Stahl2Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Boromir
Prince of Gondor

I'm not saying Getzlaf or Perry are leaving Anaheim.. because I honestly haven't paid any attention to their situation at all. But, If you were planning on leaving your job, and couldn't do it for another year, would you tell anybody other than family or close friends? There is no way in hell that if a reporter asks Getzlaf if he's staying in Anaheim he's going to say "Well I'll probably chat with the leafs and see if I can get a higher salary or something." The fact of the matter is that nobody will know until they re-sign, or when July 1st comes around.

Also, I would love Perry on the Kings. Unfortunately we would have to get rid of somebody in the Top 6 to fit him under the salary cap. With the expectation of Brown making upwards of $5M if not higher than $6M when his contract is up, it would seem to be almost impossible to do.

Boromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Boromir
Prince of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
The consensus among Ducks fans seems to be that Getzlaf re-signs, Perry is a mystery, he could go anywhere.

I think he re-signs for the same amount as does Getzlaf. Anaheim has some good kids coming up, they could very competitive team in a couple of years, especially if their owner opens up the wallet a little bit.
That's a lot of "ifs"

Perry is in his prime. A player of his caliber would be a huge piece to any cup contending team. Anaheim is not close to contending. Making the playoffs? Sure. But how long do you think he wants to wait? Maybe he'd rather get a fresh start with a team that is already a cup contender. Who knows?

What would you do? Honest question, for example, lets just say you're playing for Columbus and from Anaheim so you have no emotional connection to the team/city besides the fact that you were drafted there.

Boromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Angle View Post
That's a lot of "ifs"

Perry is in his prime. A player of his caliber would be a huge piece to any cup contending team. Anaheim is not close to contending. Making the playoffs? Sure. But how long do you think he wants to wait? Maybe he'd rather get a fresh start with a team that is already a cup contender. Who knows?

What would you do? Honest question, for example, lets just say you're playing for Columbus and from Anaheim so you have no emotional connection to the team/city besides the fact that you were drafted there.
The Ducks, right now, are more comparable to New Jersey in the 2010-2011 season. The argument you're making paints the picture of a team that has consistently failed to do anything, more in line with Columbus and Edmonton. The Ducks have been one of the better teams from lockout to lockout. One horrid season doesn't just erase that. As far as Perry is concerned, he's had great success with the Ducks. A Cup, a Hart Trophy, a Rocket Richard Trophy, a consistent appearance in the playoffs...

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote