HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout discussion thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 11:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'd like to know if we were going to a complete year lockout, how would they decide how the lottery works? Would it be completly equal for everyone or it would be based on the 2011-2012 season standing?
Play-off appearances and 1st overall picks over the last three years. Each team has a max of 3 balls and a minimum of 1. You lose a ball per play-off appearance or 1st overall picks.

Toronto, Dallas, Flames, Columbus, Minnesota, Carolina, and Winnipeg would have 3 balls or 6% chance of getting the top pick.

We would have 1 ball..

Old
09-16-2012, 12:04 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Play-off appearances and 1st overall picks over the last three years. Each team has a max of 3 balls and a minimum of 1. You lose a ball per play-off appearance or 1st overall picks.

Toronto, Dallas, Flames, Columbus, Minnesota, Carolina, and Winnipeg would have 3 balls or 6% chance of getting the top pick.

We would have 1 ball..
In 2005 that lottery won us the 5th overall pick. Not bad I'd say.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why take a semester off?
Had cancer in my thyroid and had to have it removed. All gone now.

09-16-2012, 12:12 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:

We would have 1 ball..
Maudine...

Old
09-16-2012, 12:15 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:

We would have 1 ball..
If Toronto wins I don't know what I'll do. Ugh.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Had cancer in my thyroid and had to have it removed. All gone now.
Oh. Sorry, I had no idea. Glad it's gone. Hope you're 100% soon enough(if not already).

Old
09-16-2012, 12:26 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Oh. Sorry, I had no idea. Glad it's gone. Hope you're 100% soon enough(if not already).
Haha no worries, it's no big deal. Thanks! Already feeling much better!

Old
09-16-2012, 12:55 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
In 2005 that lottery won us the 5th overall pick. Not bad I'd say.
Not at all...

If we could come away with Drouin or Barkov. Holy yes. I'd move Barkov to the wing..

Barkov-Galchenyuk-Collberg

Aw **** yeah.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
There's still a week until training camp starts. While I doubt they'll come up with a deal it's premature to start feeling down. Besides, hockey is everywhere. Watch the chl, follow the guys in ahl or try to find streams of NHL talent in Russia. Life goes on and the top players will still play.

At the end of the day it's just a game. People get sensitive when I describe it like that but it's the truth, do whatever you gotta do and eventually everything will fix itself.
Again, Im not feeling down.. Im mostly upset about how the league is being handle. Its not normal to have a lockout every 6 years or at the end of each CBA.

No hockey is not just a "game". A game its people at the park playing hockey. Habs Hockey in Montreal is not just a game, its a big part of our culture and economy.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Forsead

Well, I hadn't much hope in the last month that we could avoid that. Then againm, god I hate syndicates IMO they're only good in small shops nowaday. I'm on the owners side again. I just hate the fact that they didn't talk at all during so much time and even now with 3 days to go no, responce from the players to the owners last offer. I mean wtf the players really wanted to go in a lockout. That's quite sad, because they're already spoiled.

Anyway, I guess I will follow more junior and others levels of hockey, I think now I should get a girlfriend to entertain me.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:00 PM
pine*

Quote:
Not at all...

If we could come away with Drouin or Barkov. Holy yes. I'd move Barkov to the wing..

Barkov-Galchenyuk-Collberg

Aw **** yeah.
I'd settle for MacKinnon also.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Again, Im not feeling down.. Im mostly upset about how the league is being handle. Its not normal to have a lockout every 6 years or at the end of each CBA.

No hockey is not just a "game". A game its people at the park playing hockey. Habs Hockey in Montreal is not just a game, its a big part of our culture and economy.
Well, the league isn't stable enough to not argue dollars and cents IMO.

lol, so hockey is banned? ****, I just bought new skates...Really, it's part of our culture, go play if you like, go watch other games. Plekanec is going to play overseas for example...feel free to watch. Sure, the canadiens won't be here, that's true but economy? really? apart from the taxes they get from the players, habs fans will still spend their money around anyway.

Besides, hockey IS just a game. Sure, I get excited over it and sometimes it doesn't feel like just a game, but it is. Sometimes I get into a movie too, is it not just entertainment? Fans like to believe they are part of the team. "we" won the cup. We're not, we're fans, twist it as you wish to say we're some essence of the team or something but we're still not on the ice. I care significantly more if I'm the one playing than if I'm the one watching. So at best, if les canadiens de montreal are not just players in a game, then i'll just say they are part of an entertain venue that is profitable.

I don't mean to belittle anyone when I say this but it's the truth. This isn't atlanta, this isn't our only source of hockey. The NHL will be back and so will the habs. Until then we have to watch our players in different continents in an age where you can record, stream, pause, rewind almost anything in the world. This isn't 94.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Belso

It has begun. Like the plague, there will be an end to it...

Old
09-16-2012, 01:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well, I hadn't much hope in the last month that we could avoid that. Then againm, god I hate syndicates IMO they're only good in small shops nowaday. I'm on the owners side again. I just hate the fact that they didn't talk at all during so much time and even now with 3 days to go no, responce from the players to the owners last offer. I mean wtf the players really wanted to go in a lockout. That's quite sad, because they're already spoiled.

Anyway, I guess I will follow more junior and others levels of hockey, I think now I should get a girlfriend to entertain me.
Unions are meant to protect workers and give them fair pay and fair wages. The NHLPA is a business practically. Negotiations aren't for that 1$ so many people go on strike for, nah they're demanding 500k more per year, per player. It's a little excessive in a way.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Unions are meant to protect workers and give them fair pay and fair wages. The NHLPA is a business practically. Negotiations aren't for that 1$ so many people go on strike for, nah they're demanding 500k more per year, per player. It's a little excessive in a way.
Exactly, especially in a job like NHL players where your quality and the market give you directly your salary. They also already have guaranteed contracts so they don't really need any protection from getting abused and fired. I know they need someone to negotiate, but just seeing they took Fehr I knew they weren't willing to negociate in good faith.

By the way to answer another of your post, yeah it affect the economy, do you think hotels and restaurants in Montreal are happy with the news ?

Old
09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Well, the league isn't stable enough to not argue dollars and cents IMO.

lol, so hockey is banned? ****, I just bought new skates...Really, it's part of our culture, go play if you like, go watch other games. Plekanec is going to play overseas for example...feel free to watch. Sure, the canadiens won't be here, that's true but economy? really? apart from the taxes they get from the players, habs fans will still spend their money around anyway.

Besides, hockey IS just a game. Sure, I get excited over it and sometimes it doesn't feel like just a game, but it is. Sometimes I get into a movie too, is it not just entertainment? Fans like to believe they are part of the team. "we" won the cup. We're not, we're fans, twist it as you wish to say we're some essence of the team or something but we're still not on the ice. I care significantly more if I'm the one playing than if I'm the one watching. So at best, if les canadiens de montreal are not just players in a game, then i'll just say they are part of an entertain venue that is profitable.

I don't mean to belittle anyone when I say this but it's the truth. This isn't atlanta, this isn't our only source of hockey. The NHL will be back and so will the habs. Until then we have to watch our players in different continents in an age where you can record, stream, pause, rewind almost anything in the world. This isn't 94.
Hockey is a game, the Habs in Montreal is way more than just a game. Like I said, its part of our culture and yes its part of our economy too. I have a business and no hockey will affect it. It will affect a bunchs of people and businesses, from bars to restaurants to hotels etc etc.. in this city.

I like hockey in general but Im the most passionate about the Habs. Watching a hockey game in russian is nowhere close to watching an NHL game, Habs or non-Habs.

I completely respect your opinion but I just can't take a lock-out as lightly as you since I do not have much interest in other league like you do.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Captain Saku

Montreal media and the lockout

Why do Montreal media seem to be unanimously against the owners? They're constantly using wrong information building contradicting arguments. They keep saying the league is making a lot of money but all teams in the south should move to Quebec because 8 to 12 teams are losing money. Din't they know if the cap keep increasing like that then Quebec would not be able to support an NHL team?

I'm not on the owners side by any means but I'm very disappointed with lack of objectivity from montreal media about the conflict.

Maybe it's because no matter what the conflict is they will keep hating on Bettman.

Last edited by Captain Saku: 09-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old
09-16-2012, 02:01 PM
pine*

Bettman is a jackass

Old
09-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Hockey is a game, the Habs in Montreal is way more than just a game. Like I said, its part of our culture and yes its part of our economy too. I have a business and no hockey will affect it. It will affect a bunchs of people and businesses, from bars to restaurants to hotels etc etc.. in this city.

I like hockey in general but Im the most passionate about the Habs. Watching a hockey game in russian is nowhere close to watching an NHL game, Habs or non-Habs.

I completely respect your opinion but I just can't take a lock-out as lightly as you since I do not have much interest in other league like you do.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. The NHL is basically the only sport I enjoy watching. I also watch the AHL but it's definitely not as exciting in my opinion.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:27 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Why do Montreal media seem to be unanimously against the owners?
Typical mentality of this left wing province. If you are doing business and make money you are automatically evil.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post

There is no excuse to not meet in the years leading up to the end of this CBA. Heck, even if they wait until one year left. Neither Bettman nor Fehr play hockey. It's all a game to these businessmen, and now everyone hurts, even the fans. The league has been flourishing and it still isn't good enough for either side. Absolutely pathetic.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Hank Scorpio

I haven't checked the main board but is there any twitter campaign or something going on to encourage networks to broadcast other leagues? If this is all about money and fans give the NHL/Players money for a product they are no longer providing, maybe taking our/broadcasting networks business elsewhere may encourage them to get a move on reaching an agreement.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
There is no excuse to not meet in the years leading up to the end of this CBA. Heck, even if they wait until one year left. Neither Bettman nor Fehr play hockey. It's all a game to these businessmen, and now everyone hurts, even the fans. The league has been flourishing and it still isn't good enough for either side. Absolutely pathetic.
I'm curious what average profit is league wide. We know revenues but 57% goes to players and I'd imagine there's equipment, maintenance and staff costs minus taxes. How much do they actually make in terms of profit.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Teamwork

They should just play every team's farm team.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:40 PM
missthenet

I think the owners need protection from themselves pleading that they need to take more revenue and a the same time still to the final hours paying ridiculous salaries to guys like Lucic of 6 mil per year is retarded.

Closed Thread