HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kopitar Signs with Mora

Old
09-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Kopitar Signs with Mora

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...erens-med-anze
Thanks to Google Translate:
Quote:
"We are in full agreement with Anze"
Mora close to making super solicitation
Here are a recruitment that would shake Hockeyallsvenskan properly. Insurance question remains then Mora IK present the Stanley Cup champion Anze Kopitar as his latest acquisition.
- We Mora totally agree with Anze that he should play here during the lockout, says club director Peter Hermodsson to hockeysverige.se.

Now that it is clear that there will be a lockout in the NHL can be sports managers in Hockeyallsvenskan expect significantly higher phone bills. Earlier in the day, you have been reading about Vasteras sporting director Niklas Johansson will try to put together all the pieces so that both Patrik Berglund and Mikael Backlund to play for the club during the lockout. tonight hockeysverige.se can also announce that it is very close to Mora will clearly with the newly appointed Stanley Cup champion, Slovenia Anze Kopitar , 25th - There are many players who want to play in Mora as Anze are right to want to play with us, laughing Mora club director Peter Hermodsson when we reach him during Sunday evening. - Jokes aside, it is not all clear yet.

We Mora totally agree with Anze that he should play here during the lockout. I talked to him earlier in the day so there is no ambiguity. - However, I have a trip to make tomorrow to sew his insurance. It is to call around to our partners and discuss a good solution. Anze is that you do not understand the cheapest players to insure, but we work as I was told to solve that part. Between the thumb and index finger, what does he make sure? - around 200,000 per month. Then we have to see to what extent we can in this case to assure him. How to write a contract with a player that you do not know how long he'll play? - You sign a contract for the season where you have a clause that he can leave team on the day if there would be new directive from his club, Los Angeles Kings in the NHL. - The same kind of agreement we want to try to get to an insurance company.

Let's say he earns around fifty million, would he be hurt when he plays in Sweden, it becomes a pretty expensive business. Should we insure him for the whole season, that is seven months, it would be cheaper. Therefore, we hope to find an insurance policy which we, as in Anzes common agreement has a clause to cancel the insurance if he goes back under contract. Mora Will bring in several NHL players during the lockout? - No, not as it seems now. We have said that we want some spice with some global players. But you must remember that it is very expensive in terms of right policies on these real top players. Sure, players earn five million a year, so it will not be as tough with insurance funding, but you should have top players when it costs. - We Mora has no sack of gold to draw on.

Would it be necessary to further any player we must first work with the funding. Anze Kopitar When can debut for Mora? - At least not to the match already on Wednesday against Oskarshamn. It feels a little too tight. The home match against Everton on September 22 sounds more likely. What is your feeling now that everything is almost finished? - Very funny! Really cool. His brother Gaspar already playing with us and two brothers seem to be very nice guys who really love to play hockey. - It'll really hit the jackpot for Viasat now that Hockey League has taken this decision. If SEL would follow and let NHL players play so would surely also C More be happy. Anze Kopitar Last played in Sweden 2005/06 season, when he played for Sodertalje SK.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

Feels weird seeing him sign with another team. Ugh, stupid lockout.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Aggen

I am myself a big Mora IK fan, and I am ****ing hysterical. I don't know what to expect though. He isn't around great players this time. Any ideas?

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-16-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
Aggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:28 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Is that the team his brother plays for?

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:34 PM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Is that the team his brother plays for?

yes.

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 04:13 PM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggen View Post
I am myself a big Mora IK fan, and I am ****ing hysterical. I don't know what to expect though. He isn't around great players this time. Any ideas?
He wasn't his first couple seasons with kings. He should still shine

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-16-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: qep
KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
KingsFanInRI
Never EVER forget

Part of the brain where structure sentence my is formulate badly right now hurts.

KingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:56 PM
BigBrown
They did it!

He's not yet "signed" since they still have to agree with the insurance company but it seems pretty clear it's gonna get done.

And Kopitar is so big, strong and skilled that if he puts his mind to carry the offensive load himself he'll destroy. I've watched that league and its defenders for years.. it's gonna be a massacre (unless Kopitar tries to help his linemates too much).

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
Part of the brain where structure sentence my is formulate badly right now hurts.

I had to stop reading after 3-4 lines. Too painful.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

how is his team? Among the favorites to win their domestic title? I hope they win it all. 2 championships for Kopi!

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post

I had to stop reading after 3-4 lines. Too painful.
You mean to tell me you guys aren't fans of Engrish.com?!

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
how is his team? Among the favorites to win their domestic title? I hope they win it all. 2 championships for Kopi!
They have to be a favorite to win promotion now, although there will definitely be a lot of players going to the league's more high profile teams (ex Malmö and Djurgårdens).

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Bandit

Well, this sucks.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 01:14 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
They have to be a favorite to win promotion now, although there will definitely be a lot of players going to the league's more high profile teams (ex Malmö and Djurgårdens).
Indeed, but Djurgården might end up with the D-duo Kronwall & Murray *ouch*

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 01:25 AM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggen View Post
Your team will be just fine . Kopitar lead the LA Kings offense for 5 regular seasons and all the NHL in goals/assists/points/+- in this years playoffs (where the Kings won the SC). He is one of the best two-way players in the NHL. Need more ?

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Shellz

Bleh....this ****ing blows ****

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:20 AM
icing

Quote:
Mora is playing 2nd tier hockey in Sweden and the best possible outcome in the 2nd tier is promotion to 1st tier (The SEL). With Anze in the team their chances of promotion has risen of course. But there are other 2nd tier teams waiting for reinfocements that today without NHL players are better.

The funny part is, 2nd tier (Allsvenskan) allows reinforcement from lockout players. 1st tier (SEL) does not allow reinforcements from lockout players (yet anyway). Could make a funny relegation/promotion playoff series at the end of the season where stacked 2nd tier teams playing for promotion face off against the normal rosters of the SEL teams playing to avoid relegation.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 06:30 AM
KingsFanInRI
Never EVER forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You mean to tell me you guys aren't fans of Engrish.com?!
yeah, but this looks like Yoda wrote it...

KingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:56 AM
MsWoof

I really don't like NHLers taking these jobs. They are rich and are taking jobs from guys who are making a fraction of the NHLers salaries.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
BigBrown
They did it!

What's curious about it is what happens to Mora if the NHL and NHLPA agree on a new CBA later on and the season is saved. Having a superstar player carry a huge load for the team then leaving before the playoffs can't be good for their chances of ultimately advancing. He will have helped them in the standings, sure, but it could leave the rest of Mora ill equipped to fill the void created by him returning to LA when it matters the most.

Of course, they're probably gambling on the season being completely shut down and I'm stoked that their fans get to see a player of his caliber play for their team

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Do they have a European hockey tournament that is the equivalent of the UEFA Champions League?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
likid

Quote:
Do they have a European hockey tournament that is the equivalent of the UEFA Champions League?
No. They tried to do something like Champions League in hockey few year ago but didn't last long.

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:31 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Pretty sure Kopitar is doing it for a chance to play with his brother.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

WTH is Mora, and WTH do I care?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:09 PM
jbuntman
not your boyfriend!

kopi is da man! he's gonna play with his younger brother on the same line... and Gasper looking somewhat like young ovechkin they sure will rip those nets alot...

jbuntman is offline   Reply With Quote