HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVI All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Pretty big cheque for a guy who's not really contributing offensively in the playoffs compared to his regular seasons. I would go 5+ for players that delivers when it counts the most. Of course, Lucic also do OTHER things than points I know, which might explain the additional 1 M$. Yet, he's a player I don't see that much of a progression from. Reason why though Chiarelli was great in handing him a 3-year contract.. Another reason though for the 6 M$. But it should pay off for both sides.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty big cheque for a guy who's not really contributing offensively in the playoffs compared to his regular seasons. I would go 5+ for players that delivers when it counts the most. Of course, Lucic also do OTHER things than points I know, which might explain the additional 1 M$. Yet, he's a player I don't see that much of a progression from. Reason why though Chiarelli was great in handing him a 3-year contract.. Another reason though for the 6 M$. But it should pay off for both sides.
The 6 million contract ,won't be 6 million when season starts.

So is he goona lose 0-5% or 10% or more, that's the question

according to NHL there offer wont get better when the lock out happens,it will become less as time passes on ...so if ya believe them it's down from here ....

Old
09-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

ladies and gentlemen , are we going on a strile?

yes .confirmed.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
According to RDS, AK just signed with a KHL team a one-year contract.
he will be back,man there so many players in the nhl he is better than .

Old
09-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The NHL and NHLPA need to get some pointers on negotiating CBA's from the NFL.. Since 1992 the NFL as missed 0 games while the NHL as lost over 1600 games due to lockouts/strikes.
ya , and if your listen to Daly last week, he was already talking about another strike 5-6 years from now at next CBA....insane

Old
09-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I dunno why, but i have a strange feeling that there's not gonna be a lockout...
never trust strange feelings....

Old
09-15-2012, 10:40 PM
sheed36

Evander Kane re-signs 6 years, $31.5 million.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Craig71

Owners are still signing players to bad contracts but yet the NHL and it's owners are losing money at an alarming rate. The players are making record amounts of money and are not going to budge on giving back. I am willing to bet that this stike/lockout will kill all of this season and the only ones to lose out are us the fans. Its going to be a long boring winter without the Habs.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405254

A pile of guys on waivers. I assume it's so they can go to the AHL during the lock out. That's how we lost Hainey and/or Beauchemin in 04-05 I believe. Wonder if we'll claim anybody? Boychuk? Butler?
Not many recognizable names, and none Bergevin can't resist signing. Rosters will be different once teams resume playing.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:49 PM
habtastic

I find it amusing that Lucic is supposedly a million times better than AK. Yeah, he has the whole tough guy thing and that's definitely useful and appealing in Boston, but I feel like their fans aren't as tough on their players. Lucic gets way more chances than AK ever did and has disappeared for stretches as well. IMO there's just a false image of AK propped up or at least a bias favouring Lucic just cause he makes himself loud. Pts-wise, signing a scorer like AK to something like his previous contract (a LOT lower than Lucic) makes total sense or more sense to me than the contract Lucic signed. Not saying the latter is a bad contract, just that as a comparison between hockey players, AK is a far more dangerous scorer than Lucic (despite the myth of his disappearance). Not only that, but I thought last year he improved a lot of his play without the puck. Oh, and he hits like a truck too.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Fool me twice, shame on me.....if there's no hockey this season....I'm not supporting the NHL any longer. It was a joke in 2004, and it's a friggin' travesty this time.

As much I'll miss hockey, I'm not gonna support a league that consistently screws it's fans.

Shame on you NHLPA and shame on you NHL.....

Old
09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

I'm happy there will be Junior hockey on Vox. Screw the NHL and their merchandise, get me an authentic jersey from the Q!

6 mil/year for Lucic =

Old
09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
For the lucic contract you gotta look at the term. Physical guys like him tend to wear down. They paid the premium but the term is good. You can't sign physical guys to lifetime deals, most of the time they wear down faster than the skilled ones.

Old
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
For the lucic contract you gotta look at the term. Physical guys like him tend to wear down. They paid the premium but the term is good. You can't sign physical guys to lifetime deals, most of the time they wear down faster than the skilled ones.
As long as Lucic sticks to punching guys in the back of the head, he'll be in the league for a long time.

Old
09-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Fool me twice, shame on me.....if there's no hockey this season....I'm not supporting the NHL any longer. It was a joke in 2004, and it's a friggin' travesty this time.

As much I'll miss hockey, I'm not gonna support a league that consistently screws it's fans.

Shame on you NHLPA and shame on you NHL.....
Let just say that I will never go that far. But I did change over the years. I was going often at the Forum/Molson/Bell Centres. Whether was paying with my own money or being invited or whatever. Nowadays, not do I rarely go if I have to pay, but I also happened to refused going for free. Also, I used to make my schedule AROUND Habs games. I would NEVER miss a live Habs game on TV. And if it happened, it was because I had to go to the Hospital or something like that. Now.....it's clearly not a must anymore. But I still record them all though and if I'm not there, watch it as soon as I come back. While I still love the NHL and the Habs, I do happen to prefer watching the prospects. That's just how it seems to be right now and I don't see it changing.

Old
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

For whoever understands french and already misses the post games and all sorts of interviews from players, even though the season hasn't started yet....have some fun with Patrice Lemieux. Daniel Savoie impersonating hockey players and their clichés.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9o8...Y&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umzL...g&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrd...4&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgA...I&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFPG...k&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEfm...g&feature=plcp

And some bloopers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL6Y...g&feature=plcp

Old
09-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let just say that I will never go that far. But I did change over the years. I was going often at the Forum/Molson/Bell Centres. Whether was paying with my own money or being invited or whatever. Nowadays, not do I rarely go if I have to pay, but I also happened to refused going for free. Also, I used to make my schedule AROUND Habs games. I would NEVER miss a live Habs game on TV. And if it happened, it was because I had to go to the Hospital or something like that. Now.....it's clearly not a must anymore. But I still record them all though and if I'm not there, watch it as soon as I come back. While I still love the NHL and the Habs, I do happen to prefer watching the prospects. That's just how it seems to be right now and I don't see it changing.
Another lost season will force me to do other things....like I did in 2004.

Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy, but this was another completely avoidable stoppage....and it's getting tiresome.

Get at the ****ing table and hammer out a deal.....NOW.

If I can have Habs hockey as a Christmas present....I'll forgive the NHL...this time.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Teufelsdreck

If Tim Thomas can take a sabbatical from NHL hockey, so can I. He picked a good year to do it because he wasn' going to get a pay check anyway.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:14 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If Tim Thomas can take a sabbatical from NHL hockey, so can I. He picked a good year to do it because he wasn' going to get a pay check anyway.
Too bad the Bruins fanbase almost all entirely turned on him already.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Francois Allaire leaves Leafs

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/348061.html

Thoughts?

Old
09-17-2012, 10:34 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Blame him ?

Old
09-17-2012, 10:35 AM
poetryinmotion

Poor Leafs goalies.

But, seriously, I'd be curious to know why...

Old
09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Poor Leafs goalies.

But, seriously, I'd be curious to know why...
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...dnt-do-my-job/

Old
09-17-2012, 04:03 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
His comments seems to point to "Too many chiefs not enough indians". Does that remind you of some new management's philosophy?

Old
09-17-2012, 04:19 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
His comments seems to point to "Too many chiefs not enough indians". Does that remind you of some new management's philosophy?
No, not at all actually. Bergevin surrounded himself well but he's the head honcho.

Closed Thread