Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 09:39 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Like Patrice Bergeron?

Oh, right, forgot you hate Bergeron. Nevermind.
Bergeron is a (talented) grinder. The guy can play in any (ANY) role. The reason he can play in the A and look good is also what makes him a great fit for the Bruins.

He's basically much better suited to developing in the AHL than Tyler would be.

Lucic ditto if he were younger and more of a prospect during a lockout he'd get sent down for sure. Kessel??? Doubt it.

Old
09-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Bergeron is a (talented) grinder. The guy can play in any (ANY) role. The reason he can play in the A and look good is also what makes him a great fit for the Bruins.

Lucic ditto if he were younger and more of a prospect during a lockout he'd get sent down for sure. Kessel??? Doubt it.
What?

Do you have any clue who played in the AHL during the last lockout?

Old
09-15-2012, 09:19 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Check hotels in Seekonk, MA or Warwick RI. Either location an easy drive to the Dunk.
Thanks will do.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean
Chiarelli confirms Seguin couldn't have been sent to AHL without waivers. #bruins

Old
09-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean
Chiarelli confirms Seguin couldn't have been sent to AHL without waivers. #bruins
Thanks for the info. I'm glad someone finally asked about that and clarified it.

Old
09-15-2012, 04:10 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean
Would have been a silver lining to this whole mess to be able to see Seguin in Providence, but clearly there was no way to work that.

I am so angry we are in this place again. Maybe I am naive, but I didn't think we would be dealing with this again so soon.

Old
09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
The Wife and I are coming down to the oct 21st game vs worcester. Any cheap hotel suggestions (-$100) within 15-20 minutes of the Dunk? I've looked at the travel sites and know there are some but would prefer local input.
If you are looking to stay in Providence I would check out the Marriot.Great location, It might be more than 100 though, not sure. Also there is a Hampton Inn in Providence that some relatives stayed at once when they visited. They got a good rate because the hotel was underbooked. Also, you should go to Murphy's before the game. Food isn't bad and they have good drinks. Lots of P B's fans. Gets crowded so go early if you can.

Have fun

Last edited by nitric: 09-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old
09-15-2012, 08:54 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean
Seguin missed because of Cup games- btw, that Portland defense is going to have Gormley, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, and David Rundblad that I know of. What a joke- that is three guys in HF top 10 prospects from the past couple of years.

Kreider should be in Connecticut- that is the word; Bruins have games against the Jets minor league team and Burmistrov will be there, Bridgeport has Nino, Harmonic, and a bunch of other pretty high end prospects....the Phantoms I see have sent down Braydon Schenn and Sean Courtier (sp)...the Oilers sent down RNH and Eberlee and Hall once healthy should follow. An AHL PP of that line is ridiculous.

Springfield gets young stud Johanson the former Portland Winter Hawk taken 4th I think, plus Cam Atkinson who is going to be a good one and many other solid NHL future players.

silver lining for sure- there is going to be some seriously good hockey for good bargain

Last edited by DKH: 09-15-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old
09-15-2012, 09:46 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

the oilers farm team is gonna be insane. They assigned Eberle, RNH and Shultz.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:53 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
the oilers farm team is gonna be insane. They assigned Eberle, RNH and Shultz.
Hall still recovering but likely will be there to- I have All Star tickets in Providence and can you imagine that game if the lockout was still in effect

Old
09-15-2012, 11:38 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean
If that's true why were the Canes able to assign Skinner to Charlotte ?

Old
09-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Tachycineta

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
If that's true why were the Canes able to assign Skinner to Charlotte ?
I'll try to look for it but maybe it has to do with the 160 NHL games and Seguin is over that with his playoff games? Skinner played 82 and 64 or something like that in his two years.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...ide-to-the-nhl

Goalies Skaters
Age Games Age Games
18 80 18 160
19 80 19 160
20 80 20 160
21 60 21 80
22 60 22 70
23 60 23 60
24 60 24 60
25+ 25+

"Professional Games is typically defined as all NHL regular season and playoff games. However, for players older than 20 years of age, the definition expands to include AHL regular season and playoff games, as well as any other professional game played in Europe while the player is under contract to an NHL team but on loan to a European club. A 25 year old or older basically gets his first year waiver eligible and that's it."

Maybe the Bruins shouldn't be so good.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!

Last edited by Tachycineta: 09-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old
09-16-2012, 08:14 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post
If you are looking to stay in Providence I would check out the Marriot.Great location, It might be more than 100 though, not sure. Also there is a Hampton Inn in Providence that some relatives stayed at once when they visited. They got a good rate because the hotel was underbooked. Also, you should go to Murphy's before the game. Food isn't bad and they have good drinks. Lots of P B's fans. Gets crowded so go early if you can.

Have fun
Thanks for the advice. The wife has FB friend that works for one of the cheaper chains so we got a friends & family rate in Seekonk for the 1 night. It gets decent reviews for a budget place so seems like it will be good enough for $57. Murphy's sounds like a good idea though. We are meeting some STH friends before the game so it sounds like it has potential.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Ratty

Murphy's. Isn't that the deli restaurant with an Irish name, NY Jewish Deli style, owned by a Greek? Great sandwiches as I remember.

BTW, if Eberle can be assigned to AHL why Seguin?

Old
09-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Murphy's. Isn't that the deli restaurant with an Irish name, NY Jewish Deli style, owned by a Greek? Great sandwiches as I remember.

BTW, if Eberle can be assigned to AHL why Seguin?
Because Seguin has more service time (more games). See previous post.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Here are my updates lines now that we have an idea who will be in Providence

Bourque-Spooner-Knight (The Pbees have had trouble scoring goals over the past 3 years...I don't see this line having a problem doing that)

Sauve-Camper-Cunningham (My guess is that most people would have Caron on this line, but Camper/Cunningham, although undersized, make a nice combo. And if Sauve can stay healthy, we've got a great second line)

Florek-Hansen-Caron (Nice checking line, big bodies, should pot their share of goals as well)

MacDermid-Whitfield-Tardif (MacD and Whitfield have played well together when the old man has been healthy, Tardif can score at this level and should be healthier this year)

Xtra/ECHL:
Randell
Robins
MacKinnon
Courtnall
Hirchfeld

Krug-Trotman
Warsofsky-Miller
Exelby-Bartkowski

Xtra/ECHL:
Cross
Cohen
Button

Svedberg
Hutchinson

Last edited by Malt: 09-19-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Added Courtnall
Old
09-17-2012, 09:29 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
The AHL is filled with goons trying to make a name for themselves, no way I'd send a valuable player there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

Just stop. You guys clearly don't follow the AHL if you think this way.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:48 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Just stop. You guys clearly don't follow the AHL if you think this way.
KISS MY RING probably is just doing this to get a response- I say this because I've read his posts for years and he clearly knows a heck of a lot more than these blurbs based on some of the things he says on a wide variety of subjects- not a dummy by any means just seems to like to get a rise.

hey Malt, Bourque can play in AHL? didn't know he passed waivers or did that happen when he got traded and they don't need to do it again- confused

Old
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
KISS MY RING probably is just doing this to get a response- I say this because I've read his posts for years and he clearly knows a heck of a lot more than these blurbs based on some of the things he says on a wide variety of subjects- not a dummy by any means just seems to like to get a rise.

hey Malt, Bourque can play in AHL? didn't know he passed waivers or did that happen when he got traded and they don't need to do it again- confused
I honestly don't understand the whole waivers process, but, when Bourque was signed, the Globe reported this:

>>The first year of Bourque’s contract will be a two-way deal when he will make $550,000 in the NHL and $200,000 in Providence. The second year of Bourque’s contract is one-way, when he will earn $550,000 at either level.<<

My thoughts are that he'd be in the AHL all along, lockout or not...if someone knows more about the waivers situation, please update. I know he was claimed off waivers in the past (Capitals from Penguins).

Last edited by Malt: 09-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old
09-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Bri

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. The wife has FB friend that works for one of the cheaper chains so we got a friends & family rate in Seekonk for the 1 night. It gets decent reviews for a budget place so seems like it will be good enough for $57. Murphy's sounds like a good idea though. We are meeting some STH friends before the game so it sounds like it has potential.
I should've said in my previous post that I'd choose Seekonk over Warwick if it came to that. Anyway, glad it worked out for ya.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
I should've said in my previous post that I'd choose Seekonk over Warwick if it came to that. Anyway, glad it worked out for ya.
I don't know what the town is like but the hotel get's a 3.5/5 from Expedia and 4/5 from trip adviser,7/10 from priceline (user reviews)so for one night I'm sure we can hack it.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Bri

Quote:
I don't know what the town is like but the hotel get's a 3.5/5 from Expedia and 4/5 from trip adviser,7/10 from priceline (user reviews)so for one night I'm sure we can hack it.
Seekonk is fine...nice even. More than likely your hotel is on RT. 6 and you'll hop on 195 into downtown Providence. You'll be at the Dunk in 10-15 minutes. Have fun.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Seekonk is fine...nice even. More than likely your hotel is on RT. 6 and you'll hop on 195 into downtown Providence. You'll be at the Dunk in 10-15 minutes. Have fun.
Just looked and yes it is .

Old
09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
I honestly don't understand the whole waivers process, but, when Bourque was signed, the Globe reported this:

>>The first year of Bourque’s contract will be a two-way deal when he will make $550,000 in the NHL and $200,000 in Providence. The second year of Bourque’s contract is one-way, when he will earn $550,000 at either level.<<

My thoughts are that he'd be in the AHL all along, lockout or not...if someone knows more about the waivers situation, please update. I know he was claimed off waivers in the past (Capitals from Penguins).
According to a post at Puck Daddy, a player has to be placed on waivers before being sent to the AHL if he has played more than 160 NHL games. Including playoffs, Seguin has 175. I don't think that's the only waiver qualification, though.

If Bourque has gone through waivers before, I would imagine he'd have to do so again.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Corp

I just bought the 10 flex ticket package the P-Bruins are offering, should be fun to get to some more games in Providence. I really don't know too much about anybody but the bigger name prospects though, anybody have any good links to read up on players who will be on the team this year?

Also, does anybody have any experience with jersey quality? I'm thinking about buying one of the third jerseys (link), but I don't really want to spend $120 without even seeing an actual picture of the thing.

Closed Thread