HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-col

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2012, 02:35 PM
  #51
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingbo2133 View Post
Congrats you looked at stats and didn't watch him play. He's a play maker he can't help it that ppl can't finish. He routinely scores 20 goals a year.
I'll take your word for it since you saw all of his games. We had the same problem with Kane. Brunette whiffed on 5 golden, wide open net opportunities by himself. But Kane's trade value has plummetted on here because of it. So what's the difference? People don't like Kane as a person so it means he has regressed.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:39 PM
  #52
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'll take your word for it since you saw all of his games. We had the same problem with Kane. Brunette whiffed on 5 golden, wide open net opportunities by himself. But Kane's trade value has plummetted on here because of it. So what's the difference? People don't like Kane as a person so it means he has regressed.
Well people are also pretty stupid and in general have very little clue about what trade value a player would have.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
  #53
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Same proposal, different team. No chance.

You guys would be making a mistake playing him with Kane anyways.
I hope you're not trying to say he'd be first line centre.

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:42 PM
  #54
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
I hope you're not trying to say he'd be first line centre.
Their styles probably wouldn't complement each other that well.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:48 PM
  #55
The Red Line
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'll take your word for it since you saw all of his games. We had the same problem with Kane. Brunette whiffed on 5 golden, wide open net opportunities by himself. But Kane's trade value has plummetted on here because of it. So what's the difference? People don't like Kane as a person so it means he has regressed.
People also look at his point totals which HAVE regressed. Its not like he's an elite defensive player or brings anything else to the game except for point production, which has regressed steadily the past few years.

The Red Line is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:52 PM
  #56
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
People also look at his point totals which HAVE regressed. Its not like he's an elite defensive player or brings anything else to the game except for point production, which has regressed steadily the past few years.
You're not talking about staz right? Because he's a very good defensive player and excellent faceoff man. Plus his production hasn't steadily regressed, it plumetted a year and a half ago before picking back up half a year ago.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:56 PM
  #57
The Shermanator
Butts
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 'Murica
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Oops. Accidently read the names as Gunnarsson, Bozak 2nd.
I like you.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 04:41 PM
  #58
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
I like you.
For a Vancouver fan he's not that bad
I think he's just as tired of Leaf proposals as we Avs fans are

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 04:46 PM
  #59
The Red Line
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
You're not talking about staz right? Because he's a very good defensive player and excellent faceoff man. Plus his production hasn't steadily regressed, it plumetted a year and a half ago before picking back up half a year ago.
Was talking about Kane.

The Red Line is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
  #60
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
I hope you're not trying to say he'd be first line centre.
Where did I imply that? Kane = playmaker, Stastny = playmaker. If Chicago were to acquire Staz I'd recommend they reunite the Sharp - Toews - Kane line and use Staz + Hossa on the 2nd line.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
  #61
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Where did I imply that? Kane = playmaker, Stastny = playmaker. If Chicago were to acquire Staz I'd recommend they reunite the Sharp - Toews - Kane line and use Staz + Hossa on the 2nd line.
Someone hand me a bib, because I can't stop drooling.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:04 PM
  #62
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Someone hand me a bib, because I can't stop drooling.
and all at the low, low cost of Brent Seabrook!*




*Note: cost in not low

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
  #63
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
and all at the low, low cost of Brent Seabrook!*




*Note: cost in not low
That's the sad part. All of the centers that I want to see Hossa playing with all cost too much.

It's like shopping for an Audi when you're trying to save up for a house. It'd be awesome, and you probably have enough cash for one, but to accomplish your goal, you'd be better served by getting a Honda.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
  #64
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
That's the sad part. All of the centers that I want to see Hossa playing with all cost too much.

It's like shopping for an Audi when you're trying to save up for a house. It'd be awesome, and you probably have enough cash for one, but to accomplish your goal, you'd be better served by getting a Honda.
Out of curiosity, what would Chicago want with Stastny in order to get Keith? Would Keith be a more reasonable price than Seabrook like I suspect?

And I do agree, Stastny with Hossa supporting him (and I'd recommend a bullish, powerforward/grinder that has a knack for hounding the crease as the other winger) would be dynamite. Especially if Toews' line is commanding the top defensive opposition.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
  #65
TurdFerguson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Out of curiosity, what would Chicago want with Stastny in order to get Keith? Would Keith be a more reasonable price than Seabrook like I suspect?

And I do agree, Stastny with Hossa supporting him (and I'd recommend a bullish, powerforward/grinder that has a knack for hounding the crease as the other winger) would be dynamite. Especially if Toews' line is commanding the top defensive opposition.
We'd need a Vezina caliber goaltender because we can't afford to lose Keith and the 27 minutes/game he brings.

Sorry for not answering your question, but there's just no way Keith can leave as of now.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 09:11 PM
  #66
Congo Jack
Show Me Your Moves!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
We'd need a Vezina caliber goaltender because we can't afford to lose Keith and the 27 minutes/game he brings.

Sorry for not answering your question, but there's just no way Keith can leave as of now.
Is the same for Seabrook?

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 10:22 PM
  #67
GaryU
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Schaumburg,Il
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Keep Stastny, I'd rather have Duchene.

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
  #68
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
Keep Stastny, I'd rather have Duchene.
I'm sure you would....

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
  #69
Ujjy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
People also look at his point totals which HAVE regressed. Its not like he's an elite defensive player or brings anything else to the game except for point production, which has regressed steadily the past few years.
not really... last year Kane had 66 total points and 54 at even strength. In 2010-2011 he had 73 total points and 49 at even strength while playing 73 games. In 2009-2010 he had 88 total points and 58 at even strength. The difference between Kane last season and the seasons before was the Blackhawks PP, which is one of the worst coached I have ever seen.


Last edited by Ujjy: 09-18-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
  #70
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, I didn't look it up but he's got to do a hell of a lot more for that bloated contract.
Maybe next time you try looking up stats instead of pulling them out of nothing and hope people believe them.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.