HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Lars Eller play in the AHL???

Old
09-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
The unfortunate reality for the Habs is that this lockout is perhaps good for us. I'd argue more of our best players on our team are young and not yet into their primes so a lockout only gets them further to their prime. Some may think that it will screw their development which could be true but if they play in good substitute leagues perhaps it will be sufficient. Obviously, everyone would prefer them playing but the Habs' future looks better than its present so we emerge from a lockout stronger i think.
This doesn't take a year off Gomez's contract.

It also doesn't help us figure out what the main things we need to work on are, and some of our most valuable players - Cole, Plekanec, Gionta, Gorges, Markov/Kaberle - are one year older with nothing to show for it.

We'd be better off having another year like last year, if we are still that bad at least we'd have the draft pick to show for it and force them to get more aggressive in the free agent market.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:04 AM
yianik

Dudes cant figure out how to carve up $ 3 300 000 000.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:31 AM
mikael99

Lars has an older brother that plays in his home club in Denmark. He is on the wrong side of 30 and not in the national team anymore, so if they ever where to play together on the same team, this might be the chance.

That could be a factor in his chosing. Another is that Rødovre , his native club, also hope they can bring back Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Boedker. If i recall correctly, Lars and Mikkel played together during their youth years in both Rødovre and Frolunda.

Another danish club Herning, hopes to bring home Regin and Frans Nielsen.

Could be interesting even if the level of play is not that high.

mikael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:46 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael99 View Post
Lars has an older brother that plays in his home club in Denmark. He is on the wrong side of 30 and not in the national team anymore, so if they ever where to play together on the same team, this might be the chance.

That could be a factor in his chosing. Another is that Rødovre , his native club, also hope they can bring back Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Boedker. If i recall correctly, Lars and Mikkel played together during their youth years in both Rødovre and Frolunda.

If that is the case, then im not going to attend allot of games.. might be pretty to look at, but WOW only Rødovre and Herning will be contenders. and WAY Stronger than any other team in the league.. Would put me off, as I am not a herning or Rødovre fan.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 07:04 AM
mikael99

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
If that is the case, then im not going to attend allot of games.. might be pretty to look at, but WOW only Rødovre and Herning will be contenders. and WAY Stronger than any other team in the league.. Would put me off, as I am not a herning or Rødovre fan.
Hold your horses...

1) I do not think the lock out will last all season. I suspect they will be playing again in dec/jan in a shortened season.

2) Most likely the other strong clubs in Denmark will bring in NHL talent sooner or later if the season is cancelled all together. There will be plenty of players looking for some icetime.

mikael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 07:18 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Then most likely KHL. But even they have put restrictions on how many locked out NHLers can come over. Eller would rip the Danish league a new *******.
I don't think he meets the KHL criteria either, they are only accepting proven top 6 NHLers and are only allowed 3 foreigners, he won't make the cut.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Then most likely KHL.But even they have put restrictions on how many locked out NHLers can come over. Eller would rip the Danish league a new *******.
SEL might end up accepting players. Their tier 2 league opened up the doors, wouldn't surprise me if the SEL follows suit:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ers-after-all/

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael99 View Post

I'm not seeing anything about Eller having an older brother. His father, Olaf, is an ex-hockey player, part of Rodovre team staff. And I know Lars has a younger brother, Mads, but he plays in Sweden. In any case, the SEL would've probably been the best place for him. Hopefully they change their stance regarding NHL players. It's an excellent league.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how it works, but can't Lars sign an AHL contract now that the lock-out is official? It's probably the best option at this point. The KHL and Swiss league will be flooded with lock-outed players and they have a limitations regarding foreign players, I doubt there's room for Eller.

The competition should be pretty good in the AHL this season. I think it would be a great place for Lars to spend the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This doesn't take a year off Gomez's contract.

It also doesn't help us figure out what the main things we need to work on are, and some of our most valuable players - Cole, Plekanec, Gionta, Gorges, Markov/Kaberle - are one year older with nothing to show for it.

We'd be better off having another year like last year, if we are still that bad at least we'd have the draft pick to show for it and force them to get more aggressive in the free agent market.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what's going on here, I'm pretty sure that, season or not, Gomez is losing a year on his contract as we speak (like every other NHL players right now). Isn't that what happened during the last lock-out?

I completely agree that we'd all be better off without a lock-out, no doubt about it. Those who make the argument about a lottery forget that it could also backfire big time. The Habs, in the case of a lottery similar to 2005's, won't have great odds at a high pick, I don't think, since it was based on the last few seasons, not just the last. We did pretty decent before 2011-2012.

Last edited by Gabe84: 09-16-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 09:04 AM
The Right Price

In FEL his team would most likely be Jokerit since Jarmo Kekalainen (the guy who pretty much drafted Lars while he was head European scout for STL IIRC) is the GM of Jokerit.

Would be awesome to have Eller play in the same line as Selanne.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 12:49 PM
S Bah

Eller should go back to the SEL and Frolunda to play on a line with Collberg.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Or, you know, Sweden. Like where he played before going to the AHL.
Isn't Sweden refusing players with NHL out clauses?

Edit: I'm late.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I'm not seeing anything about Eller having an older brother. His father, Olaf, is an ex-hockey player, part of Rodovre team staff. And I know Lars has a younger brother, Mads, but he plays in Sweden.

If you dig deeper you will find that the captain of Rodovre Mighty Bulls is called Michael Smidt, former Michael Eller. I'm not sure if their brothers in blood but they shared the same father, Olaf Eller(Who's coaching in Esbjerg, not Rodovre), for a while then Michael shifted to his mothers last name for some dramatic reason that i'm old enough to remember all the details of

But all this is not gonna change alot since Lars Eller has signaled to the Danish news media TV2 Sport that he's isn't planning on returning to Denmark:

http://tv2sport.dk/eller-kommer-naeppe-hjem-til-danmark

His wife is pregnant - due in about a month - so that's first on the list. Then he'll look for a European league with higher level of competition then the Danish.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Isn't Sweden refusing players with NHL out clauses?

Edit: I'm late.
The Elitserien yes, the Allsvenskan is another story...

In fact Kopitar is rumored to be close to joining an Allsvenskan team, most likely to play with his brother at Mora.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Marc BargainBin
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Quote:
The Elitserien yes, the Allsvenskan is another story...

In fact Kopitar is rumored to be close to joining an Allsvenskan team, most likely to play with his brother at Mora.
I don't understand why the teams trying to break into the league would be able to have part time players..

Marc BargainBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Zam Boni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
Isn't Eller still Frolunda property? Like an rfa or something?
Nope, no such thing as an RFA in the SEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I don't understand why the teams trying to break into the league would be able to have part time players..
Which is one of the reason many believe SEL will soften it's stance.
A couple of player agents has filed a complaint citing the SEL decision goes against labour laws within the EU.
Then there are already teams having players out with injuries that would like to improve via NHL players.

Zam Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:41 AM
maryannshabs*

Eller too soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLROCKS View Post
We've seen what it's done for Jason Spezza and others....I truly believe that Lars graduated a year too early and this is his opportunity...thoughts???
Another soft player on a roster full of them, and to think we gave up Halak for him. Then again, the team that traded for Scott Gomez, and his contract, giving him $7.5 mil to do nothing, freeing up cap space for New York to sign players like Gaborik, Richards, and now Nash, and Montreal trades a stud young defenseman in MacDonagh for him. Nothing surprises me about the moves this team makes anymore. And hows Kaberle doing..

maryannshabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannshabs View Post
Another soft player on a roster full of them, and to think we gave up Halak for him. Then again, the team that traded for Scott Gomez, and his contract, giving him $7.5 mil to do nothing, freeing up cap space for New York to sign players like Gaborik, Richards, and now Nash, and Montreal trades a stud young defenseman in MacDonagh for him. Nothing surprises me about the moves this team makes anymore. And hows Kaberle doing..
I hate it when people make such lame, unfocussed posts full of BS. Too many things to shoot down at once..

1. Eller is not soft. Not ''gritty'' in the sense that he will punch you in the head but that he's strong as a bull and tough to play and score against.

2. Scott Gomez is irrelevant.

3. Gaborik and Richards are softer than Eller. Gaborik is a cream puff, in fact. A no show in the playoffs, lays a hit per season and keeps getting injured at the slightest contact. Seeing your apparant line of thought you should be thankful NYR signed him and not us.

4. You are definitely the first person to regret trading McDonagh

5. Yeah, ''this team''. The general managers and entire admin staff are just puppets to a monstrous being called the ''Montreal Canadiens''. It doesn't matter that the entire former staff was removed and replaced, the Bergevin admin is still led by the Evil entity that is the Habs so we can't expect any concrete changes to take place.

6. Kaberle is probably preparing for a new season in Europe after a summer of training. How are you doing?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Et le But

Soft Eller will compliment the new Ben Maxwell Collberg nicely.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Soft Eller will compliment the new Ben Maxwell Collberg nicely.
Two different skill sets completely bro...

Two completely different mentalities in the way that Maxwell played/plays and Collberg plays

Maxwell wasn't drafted as an offensive player anyway, where as Collberg is one of the best skaters/shooters in this year's draft..................

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Two different skill sets completely bro...

Two completely different mentalities in the way that Maxwell played/plays and Collberg plays

Maxwell wasn't drafted as an offensive player anyway, where as Collberg is one of the best skaters/shooters in this year's draft..................
I know, but that's what makes this troll so hilarious.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Valois

They'll look good with Alex "The new Juha Lind" Galchenyuk.

Valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 05:46 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkostitsyn View Post
i hate it when people make such lame, unfocussed posts full of bs. Too many things to shoot down at once..

1. Eller is not soft. Not ''gritty'' in the sense that he will punch you in the head but that he's strong as a bull and tough to play and score against.

2. Scott gomez is irrelevant.

3. Gaborik and richards are softer than eller. Gaborik is a cream puff, in fact. A no show in the playoffs, lays a hit per season and keeps getting injured at the slightest contact. Seeing your apparant line of thought you should be thankful nyr signed him and not us.

4. You are definitely the first person to regret trading mcdonagh

5. Yeah, ''this team''. The general managers and entire admin staff are just puppets to a monstrous being called the ''montreal canadiens''. It doesn't matter that the entire former staff was removed and replaced, the bergevin admin is still led by the evil entity that is the habs so we can't expect any concrete changes to take place.

6. Kaberle is probably preparing for a new season in europe after a summer of training. How are you doing?
lol buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

chuck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:29 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
wow ok... you are gonna fit just right in here

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:40 AM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

So is he going to sign with the Bulldogs? any news?
And what is Subban going to do?

CaptainBenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

Soft player eh? Watch hockey much?

Kaberle is doing fine, pro-rated he had the most points on D last year.

The rest of your post is incoherent and irrelevant, but welcome aboard nonetheless. You'll do quite well here.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote