HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streams to games with Flyers' players during the lockout (Dec. 31 Bryzgalov update)

Old
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Streams to games with Flyers' players during the lockout (Dec. 31 Bryzgalov update)

Name Team
Daniel Briere Eisbären Berlin
Ilya Bryzgalov CSKA Moscow
Braydon Coburn
Ruslan Fedotenko HC Donbass
Scott Hartnell
Claude Giroux Eisbären Berlin; Dec. update: not playing (was injured; now healthy), returned to North America
Marc Andre Bourdon Adirondack Phantoms
Bruno Gervais Fribourg-Gottéron
Michael Leighton
Andreas Lilja LTIR
Andrej Meszaros LTIR
Chris Pronger LTIR
Matt Read*** Södertälje; returned to North America, early December
Luke Schenn
Tom Sestito Sheffield Steelers
Jody Shelley
Max Talbot Fribourg-Gottéron
Wayne Simmonds Eispiraten Crimmitschau GmbH
Jakub Voracek Lev Praha
Jason Akeson Adirondack Phantoms
Tyler Brown Adirondack Phantoms
Sean Couturier Adirondack Phantoms
Cullen Eddy Adirondack Phantoms
Matt Ford Adirondack Phantoms
Erik Gustafsson Adirondack Phantoms
Shane Harper Adirondack Phantoms
Cal Heeter Adirondack Phantoms
Ben Holmstrom Adirondack Phantoms
Tyler Hostetter Adirondack Phantoms
Niko Hovinen Adirondack Phantoms
Andrew Johnston Adirondack Phantoms
Blake Kessel Adirondack Phantoms
Matthew Konan Adirondack Phantoms
Oliver Lauridsen Adirondack Phantoms
Matt Mangene Adirondack Phantoms
Brandon Manning Adirondack Phantoms
Tye McGinn Adirondack Phantoms
Marcel Noebels Adirondack Phantoms
Luke Pither Adirondack Phantoms
Zac Rinaldo Adirondack Phantoms
Brayden Schenn Adirondack Phantoms
Danny Syvret Adirondack Phantoms
Mike Testwuide Adirondack Phantoms
Eric Wellwood Adirondack Phantoms
Harry Zolnierczyk Adirondack Phantoms
Scott Laughton Oshawa Generals
Nick Cousins Soo Greyhounds
Derek Mathers Peterborough Petes

Mod edit:

December 2012 update from Tim P. at CSN Philly:
  • X-rays this week to defenseman Erik Gustafsson’s right foot were negative.
  • Andreas Lilja (hip) is healthy and has been cleared to play.
  • Andrej Meszaros (left Achilles tear) has made substantial progress, and if the NHL returns to play in January, he’d likely be on the opening night roster.
  • Marc-Andre Bourdon has yet another concussion. Bourdon has had multiple concussions during his playing career. His last NHL concussion was April 11, or Game 1 of the playoffs against Pittsburgh, though it was unannounced. He had two concussions last season.
  • Ben Holmstrom’s right knee, anterior cruciate ligament surgery, out 4-to-6 weeks.
  • Chris Pronger continues to have post-concussion symptoms, but the frequency between headaches is longer, which is his only real improvement.
  • Claude Giroux, who returned to the U.S. from Germany earlier this month for a neck injury, is fine.
  • Prospect Andrew Johnston, who has been playing with the Phantoms, incurred a concussion last month, and is expected to return to the AHL lineup after Christmas.

*** December 22, 2012 update
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...&blogger_id=45

Quote:
Read Plans Södertälje Return

Unless there is a settlement to the NHL lockout by mid-January, Flyers forward Matt Read plans to return to Allsvenskan club Södertälje SK according to an announcement posted yesterday on the team's official site.

According to the team, Read has been undergoing treatment for a minor but nagging back problem. He has responded to treatment and is on track to play either in the NHL or in Sweden by the middle of January. The NHL has canceled all games through Jan. 14, and the lockout nears a point in which the entire season may be lost.

In 20 games for SSK, Read produced 24 points (6 goals, 18 assists). He is still tied for the team scoring lead with Damien Fleury, who has played in all 31 games this season.
-----------------------------------------------

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...n-WJC/45/48072

Quote:
Talbot and Gervais in Spengler Cup

The annual Spengler Cup tournament in Davos, Switzerland, is the hockey world's second-oldest on-going club-team tournament, after the Stanley Cup Playoffs. For fans, the annual six-day event at Vaillant Arena is one continuous party, on and off the ice, from the day after Christmas to New Year's Eve. But to the participating teams in the five-team invitational event, it's a grueling test of endurance to play up to five games in less than a week.

Now in its 84th edition, the 2011 tournament pits host team HC Davos against a field consisting of fellow Swiss National League A team Fribourg-Gotteron, KHL team Salavat Yualev Ufa, Czech team HC Vitkovice, Adler Mannheim from Germany's DEL and Team Canada.

Apart from a Canadian entry featuring a host of locked-out NHLers who are playing in Europe, this year's tournament features a pair of Flyers players suiting up for Fribourg-Gotteron. Both Max Talbot (who has been playing with Finnish team Ilves Tampere during the lockout) and Bruno Gervais (who had been German Bundesliga team Heilbronner Falken) signed short-term deals with Fribourg-Gotteron for the duration of the tournament.

Earlier today, Fribourg defeated Salavat Yulaev by a 5-1 score. Among his two helpers in the game, Talbot had a picturesque assist on an Andrei Bykov goal for his team's third goal of the game. Gervais also earned one assist in the match. Fribourg-Gotteron will play HC Vitkovice on Friday.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 12-31-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Krishna

Probably will be Bourdon signing to play in the AHL very soon..

Briere is expected to play in Switzerland

Hartnell and possibly Timonen to Kalpa

Old
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
So how does this work for the players that are playing on the Phantoms but are under contract to the Flyers? Are they not covered by the NHLPA and thus the lockout?

I mean Richards and Carter played on the Phantoms last time right? I assume you're right with all the Phantoms players but since many are under contract with the Flyers and just are assigned to the Phantoms, seems like a real gray area.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
So how does this work for the players that are playing on the Phantoms but are under contract to the Flyers? Are they not covered by the NHLPA and thus the lockout?
If they were able to be sent down to the AHL team without having to clear waivers, they were sent down a few days beforehand and will be able to play there since it's in their contract.

For players who weren't sent down because they would have to clear waivers, they have to wait until the lockout began and sign an AHL deal, like Bourdon would do

Old
09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
If they were able to be sent down to the AHL team without having to clear waivers, they were sent down a few days beforehand and will be able to play there since it's in their contract.

For players who weren't sent down because they would have to clear waivers, they have to wait until the lockout began and sign an AHL deal, like Bourdon would do
Got it. Another question.

For the players signing "overseas" is it their responsibility to include a "bail out" clause so that in the event that work starts up again in the NHL they can bail on their contract and come back? Is it something implied? Are there going to be players that get stuck to finish out their "overseas" season before they can return?

Old
09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:

For the players signing "overseas" is it their responsibility to include a "bail out" clause so that in the event that work starts up again in the NHL they can bail on their contract and come back? Is it something implied? Are there going to be players that get stuck to finish out their "overseas" season before they can return?
I'm pretty sure they're all signing with an out clause, I don't see players signing on without it. The SEL wasn't allowing one this year but IIRC they may be softening on their stance.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Krishna

Quote:

What Hollywood Couturier is correct.

Most of the european deals for NHL players are week to week deals or month to month deals.

I am pretty sure Kubina, who is no longer with the flyers, was one of the only people to sign a full 1 year deal to play in europe

Old
09-17-2012, 03:22 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Coffe

Grossmann probable to play with Södertälje in Swedish tier 2.

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Guffawstev

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...cle3474118.ece

Google translate:
"Hartnell considering Vålerenga comeback
Philadelphia Flyers Scott Hartnell player spent one season in Vålerenga during the previous lockout in 2005 and liked it so well that he was considering coming back to the Norwegian hockey.

- We have had very good contact with Hartnell has since played for us in 2005, and he visited it every summer since. Both he and we have talked about a return for many years, so the possibilities are usable, but it does not happen right away. Players wait and see what happens, says Kjaer, who admits that Norwegian clubs can not match NHL salaries."

Guffawstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I'm excited about Schenn and Couturier being in the AHL. They'll get tons of PT and in all situations.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffawstev View Post
http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...cle3474118.ece

Google translate:
"Hartnell considering Vålerenga comeback
Philadelphia Flyers Scott Hartnell player spent one season in Vålerenga during the previous lockout in 2005 and liked it so well that he was considering coming back to the Norwegian hockey.

- We have had very good contact with Hartnell has since played for us in 2005, and he visited it every summer since. Both he and we have talked about a return for many years, so the possibilities are usable, but it does not happen right away. Players wait and see what happens, says Kjaer, who admits that Norwegian clubs can not match NHL salaries."
Looks like for Hartnell it's either Valerenga or Kalpa

Old
09-17-2012, 11:46 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I'm excited about Schenn and Couturier being in the AHL. They'll get tons of PT and in all situations.
So am I, this will definitely help their development too, getting to play first/second line minutes in all situations out there.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

On that list, Andreas Lilja, Andrej Meszaros and Chris Pronger are injured and are being paid and able to use Flyers facilities and medical while they are.

Questions: Where is M. A. Bourdon? Don't see him on list.

... and what is the reason that Read who was officially a Rookie last season and only played a short time with the Phantoms out of college the season before? I assume it is that he was a free agent and is older than the 'usual' NHL Rookie, but I was curious as to the exact reason. Also why is he not in the MAB situation where he can sign wih them now the LockOut is Official... and Sestito also? I understand Sestito is older also and I guess was also a Free Agent... is being signed as a FA in the mix? I guess the MAB question raised confused me a bit and the answer didn't go into enough detail for my pea brain. haha

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Looks like for Hartnell it's either Valerenga or Kalpa
Yes, I thought that Hartnell being a part owner of Kalpa with Kimmo and Kappy was a/the deciding factor.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
On that list, Andreas Lilja, Andrej Meszaros and Chris Pronger are injured and are being paid and able to use Flyers facilities and medical while they are.

Questions: Where is M. A. Bourdon? Don't see him on list.

... and what is the reason that Read who was officially a Rookie last season and only played a short time with the Phantoms out of college the season before? I assume it is that he was a free agent and is older than the 'usual' NHL Rookie, but I was curious as to the exact reason. Also why is he not in the MAB situation where he can sign wih them now the LockOut is Official... and Sestito also? I understand Sestito is older also and I guess was also a Free Agent... is being signed as a FA in the mix? I guess the MAB question raised confused me a bit and the answer didn't go into enough detail for my pea brain. haha
Didn't even realize that I left off Bourdon.. I'll add him.

Knew about the injured players

Read was a rookie last year because it was his first season and I think he may not be waiver eligible

Old
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Flyerfan4life

how come Shelley isnt signed anywere yet ?..

hes fills such an impotant role.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:36 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Didn't even realize that I left off Bourdon.. I'll add him.

Knew about the injured players

Read was a rookie last year because it was his first season and I think he may not be waiver eligible
You forgot Giroux as well.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

probably because he has so many offers on the table. he needs time to go through them all carefully

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

Damn it.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Mirinho

Voracek in Lev Prague ... it will help him to improve himslef a lot ... he'll have key role, he'll get big ice time and according to his words he's so happy he can play near his home town Kladno

Last edited by Mirinho: 09-18-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Krishna

We can just use this thread for streams to see other flyers players during the lockout

Old
09-18-2012, 06:31 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
What are the chances of some Phantom streams popping up this season?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Krishna

Probably pretty good

Old
09-18-2012, 06:36 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
The Ahl will have to do for my hockey fix for now. Will be nice to see Schenn and Couts also.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote