HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 05:56 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboThornton92 View Post
As the club begins to grow and we have more players than we do posistions. Is it possible that one group of 5/6 can play a game, and then the next 5/6 can also join another game at the same time?
Not since, I think, NHL 10. They've limited it to one game active at a time for each EASHL team.

Normally when we've got too many people to play, either a couple people will go off and do their own thing and rotate in and out, or we'll set up the online team play mode (where people just join whatever game they want, teaming with random others) and essentially "practice" by playing a game where both sides are composed of HF Sharks members.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:08 PM
JumboThornton92

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Not since, I think, NHL 10. They've limited it to one game active at a time for each EASHL team.

Normally when we've got too many people to play, either a couple people will go off and do their own thing and rotate in and out, or we'll set up the online team play mode (where people just join whatever game they want, teaming with random others) and essentially "practice" by playing a game where both sides are composed of HF Sharks members.
Haha, its so cool finally putting your Username to a voice.

Yeah the rotation thing shouldn't be too difficult. There are so many parts of the game I haven't even got around to yet so I can easily rotate. Practice sounds pretty neat. Not really sure what online team play is. When I was doing drop ins. A guy said "if you want to get good, you go to online team play"

JumboThornton92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:24 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Haha, its so cool finally putting your Username to a voice.

Yeah the rotation thing shouldn't be too difficult. There are so many parts of the game I haven't even got around to yet so I can easily rotate. Practice sounds pretty neat. Not really sure what online team play is. When I was doing drop ins. A guy said "if you want to get good, you go to online team play"

OTP is basically a bunch of game lobbies. You join a lobby with however many other players present and then you pick teams and play a game. It's like the EASHL except that you play with random other people instead of on a specific team with specific teammates. We've used it instead of the EASHL practice mode because practice mode doesn't totally replicate a proper game. (you can make a private lobby with a password to prevent random others from joining.

I also don't know if I'd trust the suggestion to use OTP to get good. The problem with true random OTP is that everyone's basically in it for themselves. So you'll get everyone being a puck hog or making ill-advised attempts to pull a Bobby Orr and go end-to-end themselves. The good thing about playing on the team is that we, y'know, play as a team.

Old
09-16-2012, 08:29 PM
JumboThornton92

Quote:
OTP is basically a bunch of game lobbies. You join a lobby with however many other players present and then you pick teams and play a game. It's like the EASHL except that you play with random other people instead of on a specific team with specific teammates. We've used it instead of the EASHL practice mode because practice mode doesn't totally replicate a proper game. (you can make a private lobby with a password to prevent random others from joining.
Nice!

Old
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

Quote:
Nice!
Yeah it's pretty fun when we have enough people.

Also for those of you who feel too slow in EASHL, I recommend playing through BAP for a season. I set it for default difficulty, but I maxed the sliders out, set it for 5 min periods, and classic line-changing, and I unlocked everything except for the offsides boost (which has been busted for years and never unlocks).

Here are some tips:
-In old versions of NHL, what most people did was sim to the third or with 5 minutes left of the game. NHL 13 isn't very optimized and I've had it freeze up my PS3 if I intervened. What's worse is it makes your ps3 think your hard drive is corrupted, so you also have to do a system check. Instead what you should do is start the game normally, score 3-4 goals in the first few minutes, pause the game, and then quit. It'll sim the rest of the game but count as a game played.

-Pick sniper. You start out with above average speed and wrister, which is all you need to score tons of goals with the sliders maxed out.

-Pick center as your position. Sliders will make it so you will win every faceoff even with poor timing. That way you can have possession of the puck instead of hoping for the bot to win the draw. Also if you in-zone faceoff the puck towards the D farthest from the wall, often times he will wrist it to the net instantly for a goal and give you a free assist.

-In the pre-season games, play enough so you're guaranteed a roster spot but try not to play so well that you get on the first line. There's a boost (I forget which but it's decent) that unlocks when you're promoted to the first line.

-As you play and gain experience, pump points into durability first. If you get injured you can miss a ton of games and might not have enough to get 40 games in a season. Also save every 2-3 games just in case. Don't use multiple saves and only have the single save and the two auto-saves, because having more might mess with the boost unlocks.

-Play every other game. If you sim too many in a row you will get demoted or even sent down to the minors. In order to unlock a majority of the boosts, you need 40 regular season games.

-Try to aim for 30 assists, because that's how much you need for BAP veteran card and that'll unlock +5 handeye and something else I think. You also need 50 games and a number of shots and goals, but that's easy enough to do. You'll have 40 or 41ish after the regular season and can easily play 9-10 in the playoffs for your cup run.

Things you should aim for:
1. Hat trick in a single game
2. 3 points in 4 consecutive games
3. 70 points
4. Art Ross
5. Cup in first year

Scoring is a breeze with the sliders maxed, and I usually quit every game before the 15 min mark with a 3-4 goals. The only part I hate is that simming from day to day is sooo slow.

Last edited by ChubbChubby: 09-16-2012 at 10:23 PM.
ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:39 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Playmaker and sniper are smooth as butter on the wings.

Once you get superstar 3 and up, you can basically max out the important athletics categories and the important offensive categories, and then you're basically an offensive machine.

Still struggling with TWF at center though, I think I'm going to give in and make my C a playmaker with the +5 boost in faceoffs and sacrifice a bit of deking or WSA. That TWF build just doesn't turn as well as I want it to this year.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

I like twf. I was using it yesterday and it felt more mobile without slowing down as much as the period progressed. As soon as I unlock +5 faceoffs I'll have it permanently at 95.

Old
09-17-2012, 01:16 PM
JumboThornton92

I might have to get into this Be A Pro to unlock things. Tuesday night or Wednesday will be my goal

Old
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I like twf. I was using it yesterday and it felt more mobile without slowing down as much as the period progressed. As soon as I unlock +5 faceoffs I'll have it permanently at 95.
Playmaker is OK with the +5 endurance boost.

Although I agree, if you get TWF and you bump endurance up to 86 or 87 you're basically the fastest skater the entire game.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:27 PM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

I'm using 85 in speed, accel, agility, and endurance right now. It is very nice and smooth.

I still need about 100 more faceoff wins for the +5 boost.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I'm using 85 in speed, accel, agility, and endurance right now. It is very nice and smooth.

I still need about 100 more faceoff wins for the +5 boost.
I'm still experiencing that framerate issue in most games too, which might account for the problem. Yesterday night I played a drop-in that was the smoothest I had ever played in 13, no framerate issues at all. And by and large my player felt a lot faster and more agile.

Old
09-17-2012, 04:48 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I'm still experiencing that framerate issue in most games too, which might account for the problem. Yesterday night I played a drop-in that was the smoothest I had ever played in 13, no framerate issues at all. And by and large my player felt a lot faster and more agile.
I got some chugging last night, but it felt more like a lag spike than some sort of game issue.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Grrr, now I remember how much of a pain/grind it was to get Legend 3 in NHL 12. 350 games totally sucks.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:15 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Just wanted to note that last night I d/c'ed because of lag and with the problems I was having in the two games I just decided to quit then so I could get some sleep (and make myself a sandwich for today so I don't have to do it in the morning.)

I might be around tonight though. I've suddenly had the rest of my week freed up so no more 5am mornings until at least next week.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:16 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Ahh yeeee. Borderlands 2! Who's going to be who?

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Ahh yeeee. Borderlands 2! Who's going to be who?
Probably won't be playing this weekend, so you guys can make different characters for other playthroughs and we can make a new set for co-op only.

I'll take whatever's left. Doesn't seem like there is any hard-mode class this year.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

I started Zero for solo play. I'll pick any of the other three when we co-op.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Apparently there is a matchmaking bug where if your club gets into the Top 100-ish in Elite, you can't find games to play anymore.

Old
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

You guys got to stop winning so much then.

Old
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

yeah, we were ducked a few times last night. Annoying that we're not out of September and it's already happening.

I will also say that in spite of still needing to work some kinks out of my game, I'm enjoying this year's game much more than last year.

JT92 and I also seem to be making some good strides as a defensive pairing, which is always cool.

Old
09-19-2012, 10:23 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

anyone else going to be on tonight? I might be around in an hour or so to try and get some games in. We'll see.

Looking at the EASHL website and it says JT92 is the only person online right now. But I know that thing is notoriously unreliable.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:11 AM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

I have to get up early all week so I'm already off to bed.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:15 AM
JumboThornton92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Apparently there is a matchmaking bug where if your club gets into the Top 100-ish in Elite, you can't find games to play anymore.
Haha we definitely experienced this last night

Quote:
yeah, we were ducked a few times last night. Annoying that we're not out of September and it's already happening.

I will also say that in spite of still needing to work some kinks out of my game, I'm enjoying this year's game much more than last year.

JT92 and I also seem to be making some good strides as a defensive pairing, which is always cool.
Quote:
anyone else going to be on tonight? I might be around in an hour or so to try and get some games in. We'll see.

Looking at the EASHL website and it says JT92 is the only person online right now. But I know that thing is notoriously unreliable.
Hell yeah Nem, I know at first, I was kinda shakey out there as a defender but now it seems to be coming together. After games I'm seeing ratings like A, A , A give or take a minus or plus.

I couldn't stay up late last night because of class this morning but I should be good to go all weekend./

Old
09-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

New patch fixes the stuttering issue. Yay!

Old
09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
JumboThornton92

small patch 31MB i think