HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Futbol II

Old
08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

vCash: 500
Liverpool gonna get Eto'o'd

Tough Europa League draw for Tottenham also, but that Liverpool group is brutal. Anzhi was absolutely the team no one wanted. They won their qualification matches by a combined score of 15-0, and it could've easily been twice that. Not to mention having to travel all the way to Russia for a mid-week match in November. Udinese is also tough, and Young Boys are no pushovers. Ouch.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 01:03 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Liverpool gonna get Eto'o'd

Tough Europa League draw for Tottenham also, but that Liverpool group is brutal. Anzhi was absolutely the team no one wanted. They won their qualification matches by a combined score of 15-0, and it could've easily been twice that. Not to mention having to travel all the way to Russia for a mid-week match in November. Udinese is also tough, and Young Boys are no pushovers. Ouch.
Another reason for top teams to love Europa league -- strong potential to visit all kinds of interesting places -- North Caucasus, Middle East, Balkans, lol.

But seriously, Anzhi is all kinds of fun.. if somebody told me 5 years ago that Eto'O, Roberto Carlos and Gus Hiddink would be playing for a team from Dagestan.. it's still pretty mind-boggling.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 01:56 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Well Dempsey to Spurs....at least he got to a bigger club, but wish it had been someone else...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Millhaus

So Liverpool off to their worst start since 1962...?

Last edited by Millhaus: 09-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:02 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Southhampton vs MAN U

Amazing heartbreaker. RVP what can you say?

Rickie Lambert from Southhampton has really looked good in the 2 games I've watched of them so far.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
So Liverpool off to their worst start since 1962...?
Not a surprise at all. Rodgers has been terrible to mediocre outside of Swansea where Martinez already built the team for him. The Scousers stuck him with mid-table talent that's poorly suited to him.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:13 PM
TheGoldenJet

Just thought I'd bump this beauty from the previous thread (post #823), after Podolski's 1G 1A performance against Liverpool, and say "I told you so".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Podolski isn't good at the club level. Well, not at Bayern at least. He's not good enough for the EPL.

As far as I know, payments per week run the entire length of the contract.

So if Pepe Reina is getting 120k per week, he gets that each week as long as he's employed.

TheGoldenJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Just thought I'd bump this beauty from the previous thread (post #823), after Podolski's 1G 1A performance against Liverpool, and say "I told you so".
Forgot to mention that it was nice to see him get his 1st.

Old
09-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
I'm a Gunners fan and I'm sorry but it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY premature to start any I told you so's...

Why don't we give it at least 10 games or so and then we can check back ok?

Old
09-07-2012, 06:55 PM
TheGoldenJet

Quote:
I'm a Gunners fan and I'm sorry but it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY premature to start any I told you so's...

Why don't we give it at least 10 games or so and then we can check back ok?
Will do

Out of curiosity, are you on the side that thinks he will "make it" in the PL, or not?

TheGoldenJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Monumental

Old
09-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Will do

Out of curiosity, are you on the side that thinks he will "make it" in the PL, or not?
He is without a doubt a quality player and Wenger sends the Gunners out to play both tactically and technically similarly to how Low sends out the nationalmannschaft to play.

But Podolski has always been a player who seems to play better for Germany than he does for any of his club teams. So by 'make it' what do you mean? Will he finally start playing as just as well for his club team? I don't know but he doesn't have to. He was never bad just not as good IMO.

I think he will be fine but even if he ends up needing an extended adjustment period I'm not going to be concerned. He's been getting into good positions and linking up with his teammates decently well for a new signing early in the season. Sure he had a few chances in earlier games to get a goal and didn't take them but I'm sure few remember van Persie's first couple seasons in Arsenal colors let alone first few games.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Millhaus

So an important competitive match arrives and Team USA builds on that 'huge' friendly result at the Azteca how...?

Old
09-15-2012, 12:02 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
He is without a doubt a quality player and Wenger sends the Gunners out to play both tactically and technically similarly to how Low sends out the nationalmannschaft to play.

But Podolski has always been a player who seems to play better for Germany than he does for any of his club teams. So by 'make it' what do you mean? Will he finally start playing as just as well for his club team? I don't know but he doesn't have to. He was never bad just not as good IMO.

I think he will be fine but even if he ends up needing an extended adjustment period I'm not going to be concerned. He's been getting into good positions and linking up with his teammates decently well for a new signing early in the season. Sure he had a few chances in earlier games to get a goal and didn't take them but I'm sure few remember van Persie's first couple seasons in Arsenal colors let alone first few games.
The first game Podo looked a bit...confused and frustrated like a lot of the team going forward. Since then he seems to be kinda taking command and playing his game and it has had great results.

Also, I wonder if everyone has figured out who Cazorla is now, the touch on that pass to Ramsey for the 5th goal...are you kidding me? And he does passes like that all game, just amazing touch to put the right amount of weight on the ball.

And what happened with Chelsea today? No PK!! WTF!?

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
Also, I wonder if everyone has figured out who Cazorla is now, the touch on that pass to Ramsey for the 5th goal...are you kidding me? And he does passes like that all game, just amazing touch to put the right amount of weight on the ball.
Something something only 9 goals in a season not that good blah blah blah

Old
09-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
The first game Podo looked a bit...confused and frustrated like a lot of the team going forward. Since then he seems to be kinda taking command and playing his game and it has had great results.

Podolski was very good again today, but when you win 6-1 who doesn't look good usually, and his free kick goal was excellent.

Cazorla reminds me an awful lot of Pires. Arsenal play differently now tactically so Cazorla plays in a different position on the field but if he has half the career as a Gunner as Super Bob I'll be very happy.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:11 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
It's a shame we couldnt keep Persie for year to see him play with Cazorla. Cesc and Robin never seemed to be healthy at the same time for good lengths of time and last year we didnt really have the right guy to play in that role.

Speaking of Cesc, Millhaus what are your thoughts on the rumors of him being frustrated and wanting out of Barca? Arsenal secured the right to match, so you'd have to think we get him back if he does leave.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
It's a shame we couldnt keep Persie for year to see him play with Cazorla. Cesc and Robin never seemed to be healthy at the same time for good lengths of time and last year we didnt really have the right guy to play in that role.

Speaking of Cesc, Millhaus what are your thoughts on the rumors of him being frustrated and wanting out of Barca? Arsenal secured the right to match, so you'd have to think we get him back if he does leave.
I don't think much of those rumors. He's not leaving Barca. Everyone wants to play 90 minutes every game but on a team like that outside of Valdes nobody does. Messi started on the bench against Getafe this weekend. Cesc isn't leaving the Camp Nou...

Old
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

If Reading draws (or wins) their postponed game-in-hand with Sunderland, then Liverpool is in a relegation spot. As it is, they're only one spot out of it on goal differential.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Also, the top four are already back to their new default: both Manchesters and the two big London clubs.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:32 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Everton and the Spurs will certainly push the top 4 this year.

Old
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
If Reading draws (or wins) their postponed game-in-hand with Sunderland, then Liverpool is in a relegation spot. As it is, they're only one spot out of it on goal differential.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Also, the top four are already back to their new default: both Manchesters and the two big London clubs.
I'm pretty sure Arsenal were in the relegation zone this time last year and a few very similar posts were made around here.

Liverpool are going to be fine. Changing the way you play like they are trying to do takes time but the quality is there.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Arsenal were in the relegation zone this time last year and a few very similar posts were made around here.

Liverpool are going to be fine. Changing the way you play like they are trying to do takes time but the quality is there.
The quality is certainly there to finish mid-table, much more than that would be a surprise.

Also, definitely true about the Arsenal being in a similar position (standings-wise) last year. Also, two years ago Liverpool were in a relegation spot until Halloween: http://is.gd/kkUbHe

So yeah... it's early, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, living in Boston we get a lot of Liverpool news. The owners certainly seem to be regretting buying them. Missing out on European competition terrifies them, and relegation would be the death of their investment.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
The quality is certainly there to finish mid-table, much more than that would be a surprise.

Also, definitely true about the Arsenal being in a similar position (standings-wise) last year. Also, two years ago Liverpool were in a relegation spot until Halloween: http://is.gd/kkUbHe

So yeah... it's early, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, living in Boston we get a lot of Liverpool news. The owners certainly seem to be regretting buying them. Missing out on European competition terrifies them, and relegation would be the death of their investment.
There is no chance Liverpool are relegated. Worst case they can Rodgers and bring in a manager who wants them to play a style that fits their current personnel better. But I don't think it will come to that.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:46 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

That 2nd goal by Oscar....silly. Shame they gave up the late draw....

Old
09-20-2012, 01:55 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

And lucky to not give up the draw.

But yeah that 2nd goal was easy on the eyes.