HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Canadians (NWL/short season A ball) repeat as champions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
  #51
Eyedea
The Legend Continues
 
Eyedea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,791
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
wtf, where did this come from?
I'm not quite sure.

Eyedea is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
  #52
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,488
vCash: 500
christ, Yunel. What an idiot. Seems like it's not just baseball IQ that's his problem. Might be the run-of-the-mill IQ that's a problem too.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
  #53
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,846
vCash: 500
Yikes. Playful or not, it's not something you do.

Everlong is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
  #54
Swervin81
Mo Riles Mo Problems
 
Swervin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,433
vCash: 500
Really Yunel?

Swervin81 is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
  #55
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Well if they had thoughts of trading him before they likely won't have much luck now. Just a ****ing dick move.

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
  #56
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,377
vCash: 500
Yay, Mets and Vegas have an agreement. Buffalo is the only team left and we get them. Yay.

And Jesus Yunel, like what is wrong with you? I'll reserve my judgment a little bit until we know the full story but geez. Could this season get any worse?

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
  #57
Woodman19
#TeamBernier
 
Woodman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Yay, Mets and Vegas have an agreement. Buffalo is the only team left and we get them. Yay.

And Jesus Yunel, like what is wrong with you? I'll reserve my judgment a little bit until we know the full story but geez. Could this season get any worse?
so we get Buffalo with the 2 greatest words in the English language

Default!

Woodman19 is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
  #58
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Yay, Mets and Vegas have an agreement. Buffalo is the only team left and we get them. Yay.

And Jesus Yunel, like what is wrong with you? I'll reserve my judgment a little bit until we know the full story but geez. Could this season get any worse?
I really hope the jays can find a trade partner for him and get good value back because regardless of the background on this he obviously has zero common sense.

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
  #59
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
so we get Buffalo with the 2 greatest words in the English language

Default!
the jays home page shows the stadium in Buffalo and talks about negotiations starting up. I love it.

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
  #60
Woodman19
#TeamBernier
 
Woodman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
the jays home page shows the stadium in Buffalo and talks about negotiations starting up. I love it.
Its a great sign that Buffalo is seeking a 4 year deal. Most new affiliations are 2 year agreements before committing long term.

Woodman19 is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
  #61
Ohio Jones
Moderator
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 500
Hoping this doesn't impact Escobar's trade value. It shouldn't - not much, anyway - since it has no bearing on his baseball abilities, and most markets aren't quite so (correctly and appropriately) sensitive as Toronto. Sure doesn't help though. Would be interesting to know who all was involved behind the scenes, but definitely not the culture and attitude we want to see instilled in the clubhouse.

But yeah, Go Bisons!

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
  #62
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Its a great sign that Buffalo is seeking a 4 year deal. Most new affiliations are 2 year agreements before committing long term.
Considering its relative location to the big club, I think they'd want to commit long term. Could only be good for their attendance.

Everlong is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:11 PM
  #63
Ohio Jones
Moderator
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Considering its relative location to the big club, I think they'd want to commit long term. Could only be good for their attendance.
Yep. They're also looking at the Jays' commitment to their farm system, and the talent that's coming up the pipe, and quite sensibly saying to themselves "We want a piece of that!". Especially when you compare it to what they've had to deal with from the Mess... er, Mets.

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
  #64
shully
Night's Watch
 
shully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Its a great sign that Buffalo is seeking a 4 year deal. Most new affiliations are 2 year agreements before committing long term.
Maybe hoping for the Lansing 3 to be there for a while

shully is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
  #65
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 24,794
vCash: 990
Yunel is a moron. Should be forced to do to community service for the gay community.

canucksfan is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
  #66
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Its a great sign that Buffalo is seeking a 4 year deal. Most new affiliations are 2 year agreements before committing long term.
I'm gonna assume they plan on this being about as long lasting as possible and a permanent home.

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM
  #67
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Hoping this doesn't impact Escobar's trade value. It shouldn't - not much, anyway - since it has no bearing on his baseball abilities, and most markets aren't quite so (correctly and appropriately) sensitive as Toronto. Sure doesn't help though. Would be interesting to know who all was involved behind the scenes, but definitely not the culture and attitude we want to see instilled in the clubhouse.

But yeah, Go Bisons!
I don't imagine there are too many markets that appreciate open homophobia.

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  #68
Borschevsky
Registered User
 
Borschevsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Not to say that it wasn't a big mistake on Yunels part but it's not necessarily homophobia. It's unfortunate but people use that word nowadays like it's nothing and in childish contexts.

Dumb either way so we'll just have to see what happens.

Borschevsky is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
  #69
Anthrax442
Registered User
 
Anthrax442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,132
vCash: 551
We goin' to Buffalo!!

Anthrax442 is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
  #70
Ohio Jones
Moderator
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I don't imagine there are too many markets that appreciate open homophobia.
At the very least, one hopes not! But there will almost certainly markets where this would be brushed off if it was their own player, and where what happens to a Toronto player will get no coverage at all.

Not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it is in some places.

EDIT: ...and those places aren't necessarily that far away. I cringe every time I hear kids here (GTA) saying "Dude, that's so gay!" as though it were perfectly acceptable to use that as a pejorative. This may be nothing more than that kind of thoughtless ignorance, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated.


Last edited by Ohio Jones: 09-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 08:42 PM
  #71
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borschevsky View Post
Not to say that it wasn't a big mistake on Yunels part but it's not necessarily homophobia. It's unfortunate but people use that word nowadays like it's nothing and in childish contexts.

Dumb either way so we'll just have to see what happens.
Having "you fa@@ot" written on your face during a professional baseball game doesn't exactly scream gay friendly. Your right he may not be homophobic but he sure doesn't seem very tolerant. Likely, just some dressing room joking that went way way too far but it shows a strong lack of class and understanding.

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
  #72
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
At the very least, one hopes not! But there will almost certainly markets where this would be brushed off if it was their own player, and where what happens to a Toronto player will get no coverage at all.

Not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it is in some places.

EDIT: ...and those places aren't necessarily that far away. I cringe every time I hear kids here (GTA) saying "Dude, that's so gay!" as though it were perfectly acceptable to use that as a pejorative. This may be nothing more than that kind of thoughtless ignorance, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated.
Oh I'm sure there are many fans in Toronto that just think it's funny. Open intolerance of any kind is a tough pill to swallow though. I'm very interested in how the blue jays respond to this. I think they were hoping it wouldn't get noticed but it has so they need respond IMO

dredeye is online now  
Old
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
  #73
Ohio Jones
Moderator
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Oh I'm sure there are many fans in Toronto that just think it's funny. Open intolerance of any kind is a tough pill to swallow though. I'm very interested in how the blue jays respond to this. I think they were hoping it wouldn't get noticed but it has so they need respond IMO
Agreed.

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
  #74
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,747
vCash: 500
Just heard about yunel. Just plain stupid. I don't get why he would even...like...why? Thats just sad.

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
  #75
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 24,794
vCash: 990
I am currently taking my teaching practicum in BC. Well anyways someone came in today, and warned us about what we put on Facebook. The person that talked to us stated that someone applied to be a big brother, but got rejected by a couple of families or one, because they saw on his Facebook page that he attended the pride parade.

canucksfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.