HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Canadians (NWL/short season A ball) repeat as champions

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
wtf, where did this come from?
I'm not quite sure.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
christ, Yunel. What an idiot. Seems like it's not just baseball IQ that's his problem. Might be the run-of-the-mill IQ that's a problem too.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Everlong
-

Yikes. Playful or not, it's not something you do.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Swervin81
Mo Riles Mo Problems

Really Yunel?

Old
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Well if they had thoughts of trading him before they likely won't have much luck now. Just a ****ing dick move.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Yay, Mets and Vegas have an agreement. Buffalo is the only team left and we get them. Yay.

And Jesus Yunel, like what is wrong with you? I'll reserve my judgment a little bit until we know the full story but geez. Could this season get any worse?

Old
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Yay, Mets and Vegas have an agreement. Buffalo is the only team left and we get them. Yay.

And Jesus Yunel, like what is wrong with you? I'll reserve my judgment a little bit until we know the full story but geez. Could this season get any worse?
so we get Buffalo with the 2 greatest words in the English language

Default!

Old
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post

I really hope the jays can find a trade partner for him and get good value back because regardless of the background on this he obviously has zero common sense.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
so we get Buffalo with the 2 greatest words in the English language

Default!
the jays home page shows the stadium in Buffalo and talks about negotiations starting up. I love it.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
the jays home page shows the stadium in Buffalo and talks about negotiations starting up. I love it.
Its a great sign that Buffalo is seeking a 4 year deal. Most new affiliations are 2 year agreements before committing long term.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Hoping this doesn't impact Escobar's trade value. It shouldn't - not much, anyway - since it has no bearing on his baseball abilities, and most markets aren't quite so (correctly and appropriately) sensitive as Toronto. Sure doesn't help though. Would be interesting to know who all was involved behind the scenes, but definitely not the culture and attitude we want to see instilled in the clubhouse.

But yeah, Go Bisons!

Old
09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Its a great sign that Buffalo is seeking a 4 year deal. Most new affiliations are 2 year agreements before committing long term.
Considering its relative location to the big club, I think they'd want to commit long term. Could only be good for their attendance.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Considering its relative location to the big club, I think they'd want to commit long term. Could only be good for their attendance.
Yep. They're also looking at the Jays' commitment to their farm system, and the talent that's coming up the pipe, and quite sensibly saying to themselves "We want a piece of that!". Especially when you compare it to what they've had to deal with from the Mess... er, Mets.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Maybe hoping for the Lansing 3 to be there for a while

Old
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Yunel is a moron. Should be forced to do to community service for the gay community.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I'm gonna assume they plan on this being about as long lasting as possible and a permanent home.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Hoping this doesn't impact Escobar's trade value. It shouldn't - not much, anyway - since it has no bearing on his baseball abilities, and most markets aren't quite so (correctly and appropriately) sensitive as Toronto. Sure doesn't help though. Would be interesting to know who all was involved behind the scenes, but definitely not the culture and attitude we want to see instilled in the clubhouse.

But yeah, Go Bisons!
I don't imagine there are too many markets that appreciate open homophobia.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Borschevsky

Not to say that it wasn't a big mistake on Yunels part but it's not necessarily homophobia. It's unfortunate but people use that word nowadays like it's nothing and in childish contexts.

Dumb either way so we'll just have to see what happens.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
We goin' to Buffalo!!

Old
09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
I don't imagine there are too many markets that appreciate open homophobia.
At the very least, one hopes not! But there will almost certainly markets where this would be brushed off if it was their own player, and where what happens to a Toronto player will get no coverage at all.

Not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it is in some places.

EDIT: ...and those places aren't necessarily that far away. I cringe every time I hear kids here (GTA) saying "Dude, that's so gay!" as though it were perfectly acceptable to use that as a pejorative. This may be nothing more than that kind of thoughtless ignorance, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated.

Last edited by Ohio Jones: 09-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old
09-17-2012, 08:42 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borschevsky View Post
Not to say that it wasn't a big mistake on Yunels part but it's not necessarily homophobia. It's unfortunate but people use that word nowadays like it's nothing and in childish contexts.

Dumb either way so we'll just have to see what happens.
Having "you fa@@ot" written on your face during a professional baseball game doesn't exactly scream gay friendly. Your right he may not be homophobic but he sure doesn't seem very tolerant. Likely, just some dressing room joking that went way way too far but it shows a strong lack of class and understanding.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
At the very least, one hopes not! But there will almost certainly markets where this would be brushed off if it was their own player, and where what happens to a Toronto player will get no coverage at all.

Not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it is in some places.

EDIT: ...and those places aren't necessarily that far away. I cringe every time I hear kids here (GTA) saying "Dude, that's so gay!" as though it were perfectly acceptable to use that as a pejorative. This may be nothing more than that kind of thoughtless ignorance, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated.
Oh I'm sure there are many fans in Toronto that just think it's funny. Open intolerance of any kind is a tough pill to swallow though. I'm very interested in how the blue jays respond to this. I think they were hoping it wouldn't get noticed but it has so they need respond IMO

Old
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Oh I'm sure there are many fans in Toronto that just think it's funny. Open intolerance of any kind is a tough pill to swallow though. I'm very interested in how the blue jays respond to this. I think they were hoping it wouldn't get noticed but it has so they need respond IMO
Agreed.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Just heard about yunel. Just plain stupid. I don't get why he would even...like...why? Thats just sad.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
I am currently taking my teaching practicum in BC. Well anyways someone came in today, and warned us about what we put on Facebook. The person that talked to us stated that someone applied to be a big brother, but got rejected by a couple of families or one, because they saw on his Facebook page that he attended the pride parade.

Closed Thread