HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 07:13 PM
bzur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Ah, nice.

I was a big fan of the first two games. Haven't played one since then though.

Definitely looking forward to the new one.
If you liked the first two I recommend Brotherhood and Revelations. The story gets pretty cool, but man... Being able to recruit, train, and use assassins just makes the game 10 times more badass!

Old
09-17-2012, 09:23 PM
viran45

Does anyone know if I can system link 2 xboxs at one location for NHL 13
Buddy is having ppl over and we want to do 4 vs 4 NHL tournie. Thanks

Old
09-17-2012, 09:49 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by viran45 View Post
Does anyone know if I can system link 2 xboxs at one location for NHL 13
Buddy is having ppl over and we want to do 4 vs 4 NHL tournie. Thanks
I'm not seeing any option for System Link play in any of the menus. Maybe it recognizes it after you hook them up.

I'm not sure.

Old
09-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Perfect_Drug

:d

^_^

Old
09-18-2012, 12:44 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
If you liked the first two I recommend Brotherhood and Revelations. The story gets pretty cool, but man... Being able to recruit, train, and use assassins just makes the game 10 times more badass!
Seriously. The series only gets better with the last 2 installments. Plus the multiplayer in them is very addictive.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Jamin

Anyone use the xbox arcade. Ive only ever boughten perfect dark and worms, both which were super cheap and multiplayer games from my childhood.

There is a new ninja game being advertised alot and everyone I know says its awesome, every game website says its awesome. Im unsure if I wanna invest 1200 microsoft points though

Old
09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Anyone use the xbox arcade. Ive only ever boughten perfect dark and worms, both which were super cheap and multiplayer games from my childhood.

There is a new ninja game being advertised alot and everyone I know says its awesome, every game website says its awesome. Im unsure if I wanna invest 1200 microsoft points though
I love XBLA, Mark of the Ninja is great title but if you're unsure, deals on big games will happen, usually 50% off, just be patient

Double Dragon Neon is another great one to wait for

Old
09-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
I love XBLA, Mark of the Ninja is great title but if you're unsure, deals on big games will happen, usually 50% off, just be patient

Double Dragon Neon is another great one to wait for
Yea Mark of the Ninja is the one I was talking about. The demo was really fun but it seemed pricey. Ill probably end up waiting for a sale

Old
09-20-2012, 12:57 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss DLC set for October 24th.. for consoles anyway, PC already has it.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Gamefreak
Bee.

I recently got introduced to the awesomeness that is Fat Princess, but I don't own a PS3, and it's not available on PC. Can anyone recommend a similar game for PC?

Old
09-20-2012, 01:31 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Seriously. The series only gets better with the last 2 installments. Plus the multiplayer in them is very addictive.
Well that addition and the multiplayer is cool... I don't think either Brotherhood or Revelations were up to par with 2.

3 is the big team, and Ubi Soft's biggest project ever, so I have high hopes.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:22 PM
backhandsauce

Does anyone else get frustrated how slow online is? I can't play like that. I always turn the speed up to full when I play my be a gm etc.

Grr.

Old
09-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Shabutie

If any ps3 reserves are looking for a league I'm trying to get one started over on the habs board;

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1264527

Old
09-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Toydarian

The more I play EASHL on NHL 13 the more I hate the game. It's full of random BS and isn't rewarding. Scoring is a complete fluke, goalies are simultaneously phenomenal and aweful, and don't get me started on the poke check.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:11 AM
backhandsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
The more I play EASHL on NHL 13 the more I hate the game. It's full of random BS and isn't rewarding. Scoring is a complete fluke, goalies are simultaneously phenomenal and aweful, and don't get me started on the poke check.
I also found I had to turn down the CPU's hitting. It seemed everytime I got hit I was getting steam rolled. Whenever I go to hit a guy it's always the softest hit ever.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:15 PM
viran45

btw if anyone was wondering about system linking 2 xbox's for nhl 13 we ended up signing into 1 gamertag on each xbox and the other 3 ppl went in as guests and just challenged other gamertag to online game. worked fairly well, tiny bit of lag but overal was great.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Jamin

Just started playing MGS4. I beat it when it first came out. Man does this game still hold up, its better then 95% of new releases and it came out in 2008

Old
09-29-2012, 12:37 AM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Just started playing MGS4. I beat it when it first came out. Man does this game still hold up, its better then 95% of new releases and it came out in 2008
Thats because unlike most new releases it used the full capacity of the disc. Very few games use the full ~50 GB that a blu-ray is capable of holding.

09-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
I also found I had to turn down the CPU's hitting. It seemed everytime I got hit I was getting steam rolled. Whenever I go to hit a guy it's always the softest hit ever.
Same. Also needed to turn the Puck Control slider up because every time one of my guys tries to battle in front of the net and I pass them the puck, all it takes is a slight bump from the defence and they lose the puck.

It's really strange. I played NHL12 up until a few weeks ago, I didn't get bored of it. I haven't played NHL13 since Monday. I can't put my finger on it but the game just got boring really fast. If I tweak the settings enough I'm sure I can make it better, but I'd rather just play the damn game.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Same. Also needed to turn the Puck Control slider up because every time one of my guys tries to battle in front of the net and I pass them the puck, all it takes is a slight bump from the defence and they lose the puck.

It's really strange. I played NHL12 up until a few weeks ago, I didn't get bored of it. I haven't played NHL13 since Monday. I can't put my finger on it but the game just got boring really fast. If I tweak the settings enough I'm sure I can make it better, but I'd rather just play the damn game.
Your experiencing NHL fatigue. Mine came with NHL 12. It starts with the excitement of the brand new game wearing off. The faults start becoming noticable, emotions run through peaks and valleys, eventually the negative outweighs the positive.

To make matters worse on old NHL games watching hockey in real life would get me jonezing to play NHL 11 or 12. But with the Oilers being a joke even my interest in dynasty mode and such was starting to wane so the push I needed to keep going back was fading.

Id imagine its even worse with a lockout. I wouldnt be surprised if you go a month without playing

Old
09-29-2012, 04:50 PM
NFINITEone

Quote:
I just started playing MGS4 for the first time. The first metal gear I have ever played actually (never had Playstation or PS2). Normally an Xbox guy, but i picked up a PS3 last Xmas and got MGS4 for $5.00 out of a bargain bin at Staples around the same time. Tried it around Xmas and couldn't bring myself to sit through all the cut scenes so I put it on the shelf until last night. So glad I decided to give it a go again after reading your post. I played through the 1st Act and half of Act 2 last night. Great Fun. Reminds me of earlier Splinter Cell games a little. Best $5.00 game I've ever played.
Now, to continue Act 2...

Old
09-29-2012, 08:19 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Thats because unlike most new releases it used the full capacity of the disc. Very few games use the full ~50 GB that a blu-ray is capable of holding.
There are games that take up 12 MB that still hold up better than most games released today.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Your experiencing NHL fatigue. Mine came with NHL 12. It starts with the excitement of the brand new game wearing off. The faults start becoming noticable, emotions run through peaks and valleys, eventually the negative outweighs the positive.

To make matters worse on old NHL games watching hockey in real life would get me jonezing to play NHL 11 or 12. But with the Oilers being a joke even my interest in dynasty mode and such was starting to wane so the push I needed to keep going back was fading.

Id imagine its even worse with a lockout. I wouldnt be surprised if you go a month without playing
I actually tried playing early this morning while I was doing some laundry. I figured it might be fun to add Seth Jones into the game, maybe Connor McDavid. You can create them, sure, and you can add them to their junior clubs, but they won't be in the draft. Which is really stupid because I'm playing Be a GM, I'm not playing CHL games.

I did a fair amount of tweaking to the settings and found I was having a lot more fun. Turn puck control up a bit, nerf the goalies just a tad, turn down hitting power and a few other tweaks. EA really does need to patch the game though, it's stupid that I have to do all this work just to make it playable. It's not a horrible game, don't get me wrong, but it needs a patch.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:57 AM
backhandsauce

NYR just offered a first rounder for Horcoff. Same day NJ offers Clarkson for a 2nd and a 3rd.

What a steal.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:14 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I actually tried playing early this morning while I was doing some laundry. I figured it might be fun to add Seth Jones into the game, maybe Connor McDavid. You can create them, sure, and you can add them to their junior clubs, but they won't be in the draft. Which is really stupid because I'm playing Be a GM, I'm not playing CHL games.

I did a fair amount of tweaking to the settings and found I was having a lot more fun. Turn puck control up a bit, nerf the goalies just a tad, turn down hitting power and a few other tweaks. EA really does need to patch the game though, it's stupid that I have to do all this work just to make it playable. It's not a horrible game, don't get me wrong, but it needs a patch.
i think i found a slider set that works for me. Unfortunately i get get around the biggest issue..which is my defense being a bunch of derps. I have a defense apparently made up of all Cam Barkers.

Perhaps we should share our slider settings? Ill post mine. in a bit or later tonight.

Closed Thread