HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 07:18 PM
dirk

vCash: 500
Has this trade been made official yet?

Old
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Sec108

Move over Bilk's there's anew sherriff in town.His name is Emerson.Windsor fan's are gonna love this kid.Except for like those 20 fan's that don't like fisticuffs.LOL!!!!!

Guess the ownership group is worried about ticket sales after all.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:29 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
You know I'm not talking about draft picks.

I'm talking about filling spots with thes "intangible" guys. Rychel has a bad habit of doing this. You can't really consider Shoenmakers (sp?) because we gave up some rather high draft picks for him.
It's a simple concept, if you trade for skilled players you have to give up high draft picks or players off the roster. So to add skill not through the draft or not giving up 2nd's and players it just isn't in the realm of reality.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
It's a simple concept, if you trade for skilled players you have to give up high draft picks or players off the roster. So to add skill not through the draft or not giving up 2nd's and players it just isn't in the realm of reality.
Then save the assets, don't trade for these lower tear guys, and let a young kid you drafted get that ice time.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:36 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Then save the assets, don't trade for these lower tear guys, and let a young kid you drafted get that ice time.
Libbs

You are being simplistic I dont think Verbeek,Smith or anybody else can do what Clark can do now,to be ice time is earned not given,I dont agree throwing players to the wolves
I think a player like Clark is very serviceable and his progression of improvement is evident aside from his fighting ability

Old
09-17-2012, 07:38 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Libbs

And another thing lol,late rd picks are traded back and forth all time draft schmaft I say

Old
09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
KyGuy9

Where was this trade reported? I didn't see anything on google or on the Spit website. And what did they give up to get him?

Old
09-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Sec108

Quote:
I kind of agree with Libbs on this one seeing that we lose picks over the allegations but this is first and foremost a business and this kid will fill some of the empty seats from lack of walk up's.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:48 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I think we all know this but just over a year ago the Spits gave up 2 2nds and 2 3rds for Adam Bateman. This is a huge year for his development and if he struggles those picks really could have been used in a better way through trade or to have them after these sanctions were levied. I was in favor of this trade at first because I thought they were really pointing to contention in a few years but with sanctions and struggles so far it's a team in flux. If you were to label the Spits as a stock I would look at them as a hold/sell, if they struggle during the season definitely a strong sell.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:51 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Where was this trade reported? I didn't see anything on google or on the Spit website. And what did they give up to get him?
All speculation right now.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Sec108

I read on the official Osh Gen board that it was either London or Windsor for Emerson.I hope DJ doesnt throw us under the bus.He will always be a Spitfire.But only speculation for now.Hope its true though.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Spitsfan67*

I'm sorry I don't like this trade WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE GRINDERS OR TOUGH GUYS ON ARE TEAM. Alright we need a scoring oa and that's it we got Bilke,Schoenmaker, Bowen as are 3 tough guys we needed a scorer, NO KNOCK on this kid I love his style of play just don't need it on our team.Ive been very disappointed all per season a lot of my expectations haven't been met I though the spits could finish 4,5,6 now I'm thinking 7,8,9 and some of the moves Rychel has made have been head shakers to me I mean am I the only fan disappointed because this last overage spot should have went to a player that could put up 50+ points IMO at least.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:33 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I'm sorry I don't like this trade WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE GRINDERS OR TOUGH GUYS ON ARE TEAM. Alright we need a scoring oa and that's it we got Bilke,Schoenmaker, Bowen as are 3 tough guys we needed a scorer, NO KNOCK on this kid I love his style of play just don't need it on our team.Ive been very disappointed all per season a lot of my expectations haven't been met I though the spits could finish 4,5,6 now I'm thinking 7,8,9 and some of the moves Rychel has made have been head shakers to me I mean am I the only fan disappointed because this last overage spot should have went to a player that could put up 50+ points IMO at least.
Schoenmakers is a tough guy who can score and was a pretty good o/a pickup,as for Bowen not sure if he has the ability to stick despite his obvious toughness,I was hoping he would slide into that 6 hole on the D but I think he has been beat out by McNaughton,with Sanvido and Brown signed and in the wings
As for Bilcke he is a 4th liner on this team,whereas Clark should be able to slide into the 3rd he does have some ability and can play not just fight
I too dont think they are in the top 4,but more in a battle for 5th and 6th

Old
09-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Sec108

Your right what your saying SpitsFan, BUT is there one out there #1 and #2 every team is after one of those types.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Your right what your saying SpitsFan, BUT is there one out there #1 and #2 every team is after one of those types.
I think the point is and question being what purpose does Clark have? I am not high on Hunter Smith but this is a big year for him at least give him an audition to see what he has, if he doesn't perform then you go in another direction. It's not tough to find a guy like Clark he's an OA probably not in huge demand. Furthermore what happens if Clarke or Maletta don't take the next step and you lack offense down the middle? Better off keeping the spot open and see how things unfold. Hopefully it's only speculation though.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:22 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I think we all know this but just over a year ago the Spits gave up 2 2nds and 2 3rds for Adam Bateman. This is a huge year for his development and if he struggles those picks really could have been used in a better way through trade or to have them after these sanctions were levied. I was in favor of this trade at first because I thought they were really pointing to contention in a few years but with sanctions and struggles so far it's a team in flux. If you were to label the Spits as a stock I would look at them as a hold/sell, if they struggle during the season definitely a strong sell.
Buy low sell high, if things are even half as bad as you make them sound how much lower can things get, I'll buy this at 8th place/missing the playoffs pricing and let it ride.

Look at the sanctions this way Rayzor. They would only screw up the picks anyway. And any deal with those picks would be a bust. Saves you afew posts.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Monday, Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner officially named Posa to the position, which is voted on by the hockey operations staff.

Kerby Rychel, Brady Vail and Pat Sieloff will each wear an A as an alternate captain.
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/09...012-13-season/

Old
09-17-2012, 09:43 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Buy low sell high, if things are even half as bad as you make them sound how much lower can things get, I'll buy this at 8th place/missing the playoffs pricing and let it ride.

Look at the sanctions this way Rayzor. They would only screw up the picks anyway. And any deal with those picks would be a bust. Saves you afew posts.
Well when they most likely lose the appeal and then in May when the Spits don't get the Memorial Cup that would probably be rock bottom. I don't think their drafting has been horrible but is a far cry from where it was in the first couple years. The best thing for this team might another mediocre year so they can re-evaluate how they do things. I have them 6th in the conference or lower.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Well when they most likely lose the appeal and then in May when the Spits don't get the Memorial Cup that would probably be rock bottom. I don't think their drafting has been horrible but is a far cry from where it was in the first couple years. The best thing for this team might another mediocre year so they can re-evaluate how they do things. I have them 6th in the conference or lower.
I think the battle for the last 4 spots for the playoffs will be heated with little separation between the teams,Windsor,Guelph,Saginaw,
Sarnia
In other words the 5th place may not be better then 6th,7th or 8th
too close to call

Old
09-17-2012, 10:23 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I think the battle for the last 4 spots for the playoffs will be heated with little separation between the teams,Windsor,Guelph,Saginaw,
Sarnia
In other words the 5th place may not be better then 6th,7th or 8th
too close to call
I agree with this. I am going with Owen Sound 4th and Guelph 5th. Both teams gave Windsor fits last year and neither team lost a lot, Owen Sound lost Halmo and Windsor lost Khok, I think Owen Sound has a better supporting cast and goaltending.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
They are going to lose the appeal and will not be hosting the Memorial Cup and never were going to until Spits management changes or league management does, that's the way it goes. Rock bottom to me is when the Battalion are drawing better numbers at the gate. The team averages about 15 wins a season with a new coach each year and every player wants out with no one willing to report there. Like how it used to be. Still have a ways to go to get there.

Old
09-18-2012, 06:44 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
All speculation right now.
Bowen & Alonge going the other way.

Old
09-18-2012, 06:48 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I agree with this. I am going with Owen Sound 4th and Guelph 5th. Both teams gave Windsor fits last year and neither team lost a lot, Owen Sound lost Halmo and Windsor lost Khok, I think Owen Sound has a better supporting cast and goaltending.
Have to agree re Owen Sd not in love with Hope,though Binnington is better then both Windsor goalies
The thing that will hamper OS is their lack of depth,especially with Maidens and Gavrus not playing yet
As for Guelph I dont think they are more talented,or less for that matter its their work ethic,much like Owen Sd a pain the arse to play against

Old
09-18-2012, 06:50 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Bowen & Alonge going the other way.
interesting but not surprised
DJ Smith was at the game on Sunday

Old
09-18-2012, 08:15 AM
OHLTG