HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 04:21 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I don't think it was clear. The knee could have been down before the ball crossed the goaline.
NFL RedZone had an angle they showed their viewers, it was clear, ball was definitely across the plane and was before his knee was down. One would assume that the angle they have would be viewable by workers in the booth for that game.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:29 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
NFL RedZone had an angle they showed their viewers, it was clear, ball was definitely across the plane and was before his knee was down. One would assume that the angle they have would be viewable by workers in the booth for that game.
I saw that too, but you can't see the knee there. Since it was called a stop at the 1st, it needs indisputable evidence to reverse the call. That said, it should have been reviewed. Anyways, Amendola is a must get in a PPR league.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:32 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I saw that too, but you can't see the knee there. Since it was called a stop at the 1st, it needs indisputable evidence to reverse the call. That said, it should have been reviewed. Anyways, Amendola is a must get in a PPR league.
You could clearly see his knee wasn't down. They re-wound it and circled the ball across the plane and you could see that his knee wasn't down.

But yes, we do agree that it should have been reviewed.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:35 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
You could clearly see his knee wasn't down. They re-wound it and circled the ball across the plane and you could see that his knee wasn't down.

But yes, we do agree that it should have been reviewed.
Maybe the refs ruled forward progress was stopped, in that case it isn't reviewable. I don't know, can't quite remember what happen there.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:40 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Maybe the refs ruled forward progress was stopped, in that case it isn't reviewable. I don't know, can't quite remember what happen there.
I can't recall anytime in recent memory where officials ruled forward progress was stopped on that type of goalline play, unless of course the defense got into the backfiled, that'd be a different story. On that type of goalline play the official usually immediately gives the TD/No TD signal, not convene to the spot with their collective thumbs up their collective *****.

It just looks bad for the NFL and their labor dispute with the NFL Referee's Association. Not one official gives a ruling, but when Jackson spikes in anger they automatically move the ball back whatever the penalty ruling was (15 yards?)

I don't like the Rams, I don't have anyone on either team's roster on either of my Fantasy Football teams, but it just makes me irked when this type of crap happens. And the NFL is apparently okay with this type of officiating nonsense.

Old
09-16-2012, 04:45 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
I can't recall anytime in recent memory where officials ruled forward progress was stopped on that type of goalline play, unless of course the defense got into the backfiled, that'd be a different story. On that type of goalline play the official usually immediately gives the TD/No TD signal, not convene to the spot with their collective thumbs up their collective *****.

It just looks bad for the NFL and their labor dispute with the NFL Referee's Association. Not one official gives a ruling, but when Jackson spikes in anger they automatically move the ball back whatever the penalty ruling was (15 yards?)

I don't like the Rams, I don't have anyone on either team's roster on either of my Fantasy Football teams, but it just makes me irked when this type of crap happens. And the NFL is apparently okay with this type of officiating nonsense.
In my opinion, under these circumstances, the replacement refs has done a solid job, however they have one of the games like Rams/Redskin games where they're just terrible.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
So I wonder what Jamaal Charles did to piss off the coaches in Kansas City...

He's supposed to be their #1 RB, but he only has 6 rushes today.
So you picked up Charles on your fantasy squad and are pissed too, eh? feeling is mutual here my friend. I don't know whats happening in KC

Old
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
So you picked up Charles on your fantasy squad and are pissed too, eh? feeling is mutual here my friend. I don't know whats happening in KC
Yeah, I'm in a good position to win in both of my fantasy football leagues, but in one I have Aaron Hernandez as my starting TE and he goes out early in the game with an ankle injury. In my other league Jamaal Charles is one of my starting RB's, but then he only gets 6 carries for 3 yards!?

Luckily I have Trent Richardson in boths leagues!

Old
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Balls on the table!

vCash: 140
Quote:
I don't see it, but we'll see. Looking at their schedule, I think they can win every game.
The problem with UGA is that Mark Richt is just not that good of a coach. He'll get beat by Spurrier when they go to South Carolina fo sho.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
The problem with UGA is that Mark Richt is just not that good of a coach. He'll get beat by Spurrier when they go to South Carolina fo sho.
I think players can negate their head coaches abilities of calling games. Look at Kiffin, he's terrible in game manager, yet USC outathlete(is that even a word) other teams and win. Like I said, I'll put Murray against any SEC QBs and will take him. Tyler Wilson is the closest to Murray imo.

Peyton Manning sucks!! #NFLOverreactions

Old
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
This Mike Nolan guy might be a good D coordinator.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
I thought the Broncos traded Orton.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
I thought the Broncos traded Orton.
LOL!

Man...

Referee: Denver is challenging the ruling on the field...

Everyone Else: Uh...Duh!

Old
09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

It's time to release Moreno. Just cut ties with this man. There's no reason why he should have been running that ball instead of McGahee

And HOW do they rule that Atlanta gets the ball there? Ground replay shows that it was Decker who had better angle falling onto that loose ball, and the Broncos even come away with the ball when they come out of the pileup!

Old
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
rpontbriand

I am stunned in how bad these refs are.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:49 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Can we get real refs now?

Old
09-17-2012, 09:18 PM
rpontbriand

Don't get me wrong, the Broncos would be losing this game no mater what.

However it is the worst officiated game I have seen in ANY pro sport at ANY time.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:18 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
well, McGehee is having a great game

Old
09-17-2012, 09:19 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpontbriand View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Broncos would be losing this game no mater what.

However it is the worst officiated game I have seen in ANY pro sport at ANY time.
It sounds like you missed the Eagles/Ravens and Redskins/Rams games yesterday my friend!

Old
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
rpontbriand

Yet another missed call the the clown wearing black and white was right there!

Old
09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

That half took 1hr and 57 mins.

Quote:
It sounds like you missed the Eagles/Ravens and Redskins/Rams games yesterday my friend!
I didn't Eagles/Ravens were that bad. Granted, I missed the start of the 2nd half, but they made same amount mistakes just like the regular officials.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:42 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
That half took 1hr and 57 mins.

I didn't Eagles/Ravens were that bad. Granted, I missed the start of the 2nd half, but they made same amount mistakes just like the regular officials.
The Vick pass that was ruled a fumble but could have been intentional grounding? They did the same thing the officials did in the 'Skins/Rams game with Jackson's "non" TD. Which was all convene to the scene but not one of them wanting to make a call.

But like the commentators said during their disbelief at the fumble call, "How can a ball that is spiraling forward be ruled a fumble?"

And I Was talking to my old roommate last night, talking about all of these skirmishes and altercations after plays. It's only going to get worse in my opinion, until they bring back the regular refs. These replacements either don't know what to do, or are too scared to make a call.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:45 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
The Vick pass that was ruled a fumble but could have been intentional grounding? They did the same thing the officials did in the 'Skins/Rams game with Jackson's "non" TD. Which was all convene to the scene but not one of them wanting to make a call.

But like the commentators said during their disbelief at the fumble call, "How can a ball that is spiraling forward be ruled a fumble?"

And I Was talking to my old roommate last night, talking about all of these skirmishes and altercations after plays. It's only going to get worse in my opinion, until they bring back the regular refs. These replacements either don't know what to do, or are too scared to make a call.
I thought that was a grounding as well. I also believe that OPI on Jones when the Ravens scored to go up 10 was terrible, however regular refs make those types of mistakes as well. The regular refs aren't that great, but these replacement refs are worse that's for sure.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:49 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I thought that was a grounding as well. I also believe that OPI on Jones when the Ravens scored to go up 10 was terrible, however regular refs make those types of mistakes as well. The regular refs aren't that great, but these replacement refs are worse that's for sure.
Yeah, it should have bene grounding, although I can't complain too much, by not calling it grounding I was able to capitalize on Vick getting the rushing TD, he's one of my Fantasy QB's. But I think it should have been called for grounding, not, "Well, one of the Ravens players has it, and he thinks it should be a fumble recovery...so let's go ahead with that!"

For once, I agree with Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens. The NFL talks about "preserving the integrity of the game"...well, that's not happening right now.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:58 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Dumervil has been such a bust since signing that contract.

Closed Thread