HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vote for our #38 Prospect!

View Poll Results: Vote for our #38 prospect
Bryce Aneloski 18 40.00%
Louie Caporusso 10 22.22%
Jack Downing 1 2.22%
Brad Peltz 4 8.89%
Wacey Hamilton 12 26.67%
Jeff Costello 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
  #26
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Let's win it all -MR
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,557
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Loui Caporusso (Cap) was born on June 29th 1989. He was a full time ECHL player in 2011-12 (starting season at 22, ending at 23)
Now,


Barch had already played a couple a seasons in the AHL before playing one season full time in the ECHL, which happened to be the lockout year where he lost his job to an NHLer. Already proven AHLer at that point, and playing ECHL because of lockout. WRONG

In Bissonette's equivalent 22 year old season (2007-08), he played MORE AHL games than ECHL games. Established in the AHL. WRONG

Bouillon played 1 season in the ECHL straight out of junior. He was much younger than Cap. WRONG

Burrows was one I knew was an exception, which is why I said 3 instead of 1. Burrows played his last season in the ECHL in his 22 year old season, the one Cap just had. Then he made the jump to the AHL. Will Cap make the jump this year to the AHL? No. Count: 1

Bylsma: Meant current players, but OK. Count: 2 players ALL TIME have done what Cap needs to do to make it.

Desharnais: Not old enough. Was never 23 in ECHL. It's called Math. He was 21. Not close. Young people know how to count. WRONG

Matt Ellis: Too young. Was his first season out of junior. WRONG




So you found 2 players all time that did it. Both made the jump to the AHL rigght after, so Caporusso would need to make the jump this season. The other 2 closest, Barch and Bissonette, are enforcers. Is Cap an enforcer? Cap is 5'9 and much smaller than Burrows and Bylsma.
Oh, awesome, so we're sorting it based on roles now? Cool. So I'll go get three players with similar playing styles to Caporusso, and then you'll tell me we're restricting it to centers. So I'll get some centers, then you'll tell me that it's only players 5'9" and shorter.

Weak. You said, and I quote, "Name an NHLer who was in the ECHL at age 23." You said nothing about establishing themselves in the AHL first. You said NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23. Barch was in the ECHL at 23. Biznasty played in the ECHL at 23. More games in the AHL, yes, but still in the ECHL at 23. Bouillon, fine, I'll give you. Desharnais was 22. That was a math mistake on my behalf, but not as far off as your condescending tone makes it appear. Ellis was still property of the Storm when he hit 23.

Matt Hendricks, 24. Jay Leach, 25. (bouncing between the A and N but he's still had more than a few games.) Glen Metropolit, 23. Rich Peverley, 23. Sean Pronger, 23.

I know that you're going to claim that at least Peverley was a victim of the lockout and, you know what? Maybe he was. But I'm done here because your blanket statement (that no one can name three NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23) is just false. I hope you can realize that.

__________________
hockeyalltheway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
  #27
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Oh, awesome, so we're sorting it based on roles now? Cool. So I'll go get three players with similar playing styles to Caporusso, and then you'll tell me we're restricting it to centers. So I'll get some centers, then you'll tell me that it's only players 5'9" and shorter.

Weak. You said, and I quote, "Name an NHLer who was in the ECHL at age 23." You said nothing about establishing themselves in the AHL first. You said NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23. Barch was in the ECHL at 23. Biznasty played in the ECHL at 23. More games in the AHL, yes, but still in the ECHL at 23. Bouillon, fine, I'll give you. Desharnais was 22. That was a math mistake on my behalf, but not as far off as your condescending tone makes it appear. Ellis was still property of the Storm when he hit 23.

Matt Hendricks, 24. Jay Leach, 25. (bouncing between the A and N but he's still had more than a few games.) Glen Metropolit, 23. Rich Peverley, 23. Sean Pronger, 23.

I know that you're going to claim that at least Peverley was a victim of the lockout and, you know what? Maybe he was. But I'm done here because your blanket statement (that no one can name three NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23) is just false. I hope you can realize that.


I love you so much, seriously.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
  #28
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
HAWT for President '12.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:43 PM
  #29
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9
 
Saabman0508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
HAWT for President '12.
I completely support this. HAWT, you are my hero.

Saabman0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
  #30
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Oh, awesome, so we're sorting it based on roles now? Cool. So I'll go get three players with similar playing styles to Caporusso, and then you'll tell me we're restricting it to centers. So I'll get some centers, then you'll tell me that it's only players 5'9" and shorter.

Weak. You said, and I quote, "Name an NHLer who was in the ECHL at age 23." You said nothing about establishing themselves in the AHL first. You said NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23. Barch was in the ECHL at 23. Biznasty played in the ECHL at 23. More games in the AHL, yes, but still in the ECHL at 23. Bouillon, fine, I'll give you. Desharnais was 22. That was a math mistake on my behalf, but not as far off as your condescending tone makes it appear. Ellis was still property of the Storm when he hit 23.

Matt Hendricks, 24. Jay Leach, 25. (bouncing between the A and N but he's still had more than a few games.) Glen Metropolit, 23. Rich Peverley, 23. Sean Pronger, 23.

I know that you're going to claim that at least Peverley was a victim of the lockout and, you know what? Maybe he was. But I'm done here because your blanket statement (that no one can name three NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23) is just false. I hope you can realize that.


Nice work.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
  #31
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Could argue Greening making the NHL was circumstantial. We were blowing up the roster and needed bodies. Greening was in the organization at the right time to get that opportunity. Caporusso's entering the organization when we've got relatively set lines and much more depth to the farm and prospect pool. The odds of him progressing into the NHL are reduced comparatively.
Greening made the NHL because of an outstanding rookie season in the AHL & because of a great 20 game run at the end of the season in Ottawa. Greening is bigger, faster, tougher than Caporusso, he is one of the hardest working Senators & showed he could score goals in both leagues while Caporusso can't seem to make a weak Bingo team. Greening also went from 4th line in Bingo to 1st line, then did it again in Ottawa & in his rookie season in Ottawa had 37 pts & made the rookie all-star game. I think all those attributes are what got him to the NHL, even if Ottawa made no changes he could have challenged for a roster spot. In fact, I'm of the opinion that Ottawa should trade Silfverberg for a good defenceman & keep Greening on the top line because I think he will be even better whenever hockey resumes.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
  #32
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Oh, awesome, so we're sorting it based on roles now? Cool. So I'll go get three players with similar playing styles to Caporusso, and then you'll tell me we're restricting it to centers. So I'll get some centers, then you'll tell me that it's only players 5'9" and shorter.

Weak. You said, and I quote, "Name an NHLer who was in the ECHL at age 23." You said nothing about establishing themselves in the AHL first. You said NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23. Barch was in the ECHL at 23. Biznasty played in the ECHL at 23. More games in the AHL, yes, but still in the ECHL at 23. Bouillon, fine, I'll give you. Desharnais was 22. That was a math mistake on my behalf, but not as far off as your condescending tone makes it appear. Ellis was still property of the Storm when he hit 23.

Matt Hendricks, 24. Jay Leach, 25. (bouncing between the A and N but he's still had more than a few games.) Glen Metropolit, 23. Rich Peverley, 23. Sean Pronger, 23.

I know that you're going to claim that at least Peverley was a victim of the lockout and, you know what? Maybe he was. But I'm done here because your blanket statement (that no one can name three NHLers who were in the ECHL at 23) is just false. I hope you can realize that.
Barch: 22 year old season
AHL 36-1-7-8

Bissonnette: 22 year old season (as a defenseman)
AHL 46-3-5-8
ECHL 22-3-14-17

Caporusso: 22 year old season
AHL 13-0-0-0
ECHL 29-16-16-32


Caporusso is worse offensively than Barch and Bissonnette... B & B are horrible offensive players in the NHL, made it only on their fighting skills. Do you really believe Cap can make the NHL while being worse offensively than those two?

Please.

And no I didn't specify that they couldn't be established AHLers. Sorry, I didn't think of every single loophole you would use to prove your point. I'm saying it now. Established AHLer at 22 > Caporusso.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



OK, so we've established Barch and Bissonnette don't count. I wanted 3 current NHLers that were full time ECHL/not even established in the AHL by their 22 to 23 year old season. You found exactly 3. Congrats, you win.

1. Burrows
2. Peverley
3. Hendricks

However, both Peverley and Burrows made the jump to the AHL the following year. Burrows in the lockout season. Is Caporusso making the jump this year? NO.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:43 PM
  #33
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Barch: 22 year old season
AHL 36-1-7-8

Bissonnette: 22 year old season (as a defenseman)
AHL 46-3-5-8
ECHL 22-3-14-17

Caporusso: 22 year old season
AHL 13-0-0-0
ECHL 29-16-16-32


Caporusso is worse offensively than Barch and Bissonnette... B & B are horrible offensive players in the NHL, made it only on their fighting skills. Do you really believe Cap can make the NHL while being worse offensively than those two?

Please.

And no I didn't specify that they couldn't be established AHLers. Sorry, I didn't think of every single loophole you would use to prove your point. I'm saying it now. Established AHLer at 22 > Caporusso.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



OK, so we've established Barch and Bissonnette don't count. I wanted 3 current NHLers that were full time ECHL/not even established in the AHL by their 22 to 23 year old season. You found exactly 3. Congrats, you win.

1. Burrows
2. Peverley
3. Hendricks

However, both Peverley and Burrows made the jump to the AHL the following year. Burrows in the lockout season. Is Caporusso making the jump this year? NO.
No, you did. You asked for something general and you got it. You lose. Game over.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:46 PM
  #34
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
No, you did. You asked for something general and you got it. You lose. Game over.
I did lose, he got 3.

But both Barch and Bissonnette were much more AHLers than ECHLers. I wanted full time ECHLers that couldn't play in the AHL. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Makes sense because Capurosso is not AHL caliber, while both Barch and Bissonnette were

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 07:45 AM
  #35
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Monaco
Posts: 14,449
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Good god you're dense. My point stands. Those are 490 that played at least 1 game in the ECHL.
-they weren't necessarily 23 or older
-they weren't necessarily ECHL regulars

Of course you this know this and are just trying to stir ****
Wait... so you're saying I AM dense?

What does that make you then?



I never said those 490 guys were 23 and older or stars in the NHL. If you weren't just trying to stir ****, maybe people wouldn't try to replay by stir ****

And yes, since I have played against an over 20 y/o Burrows (who earns now 4.5 per year) in a league where we pay to play, I know you can still reach the NHL if you aren't a top prospect at 22 y/o

Anyway, don't need to say anything else. hockeyalltheway did all the work apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I did lose, he got 3.

But both Barch and Bissonnette were much more AHLers than ECHLers. I wanted full time ECHLers that couldn't play in the AHL. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Makes sense because Capurosso is not AHL caliber, while both Barch and Bissonnette were
Ok don't want to burn any more of my precious time on this but seriously, you are so stubborn it's unbelievable. You try too hard to know everything and have the last word; let yourself get impregnated by others knowledge and "logic" and you will start to "live"

At 18 y/o people think they know everything, at 30 y/o they understand that they know basically nothing.

Caporusso didn't have much opportunity so far, he has 1 in year in the pros ONLY. You have no idea what the future holds, you have no crystal ball. Maybe in a year or two he becomes a star in the AHL and get a chance in the NHL. I doubt he becomes a NHL regular but as I have witnessed so many times in life, a lot of things can happen, so stop making bold statements

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.