HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles & NFL discussion

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Kelce is out for the year. Phenomenal.
Ouch. What's the word on King, not like it matters a bunch between him and Bell

Old
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Kelce isn't done for the year. It is being reported that he has partial tear in ACL and full MCL and is having a diagnostic scope sometime soon. Reid said they will take it from there, but there is a chance he goes on the designated IR list, in which he can reactivated later. The outlook doesn't seem great, but there is a chance he will play again this year.

King Dunlap's injury also isn't too serious. He would immediately return to being the starter if he can go this week. Bell did a good job replacing him though.

Old
09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I had Harvin, Celek, and Tate on the bench for a combined 74 points .
Harvin got me 4 points in my league

Old
09-17-2012, 12:11 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Not that it matters, but how come the Eagles don't have captain C's on their jerseys? It seems like every other team does.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Not that it matters, but how come the Eagles don't have captain C's on their jerseys? It seems like every other team does.
Most teams have static designated captains based on leadership/tenure, some teams have captains appointed weekly. The Eagles are in the latter category.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:26 PM
flyershockey

Anyone catch Ray Lewis insisting Vick's incomplete pass was a fumble in his post game rant? I live in Virginia, so there's a small amount of Raven's fans down here and they were all going on and on about how they got screwed by the refs. I thought it was pretty clear that it was an incomplete pass when I saw the replay.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Anyone catch Ray Lewis insisting Vick's incomplete pass was a fumble in his post game rant? I live in Virginia, so there's a small amount of Raven's fans down here and they were all going on and on about how they got screwed by the refs. I thought it was pretty clear that it was an incomplete pass when I saw the replay.
My girlfriend is a Ravens fan, and thought it was pretty conclusively a pass. The Ravens fanbase in general seems to have a big persecution complex when it comes to reffing, based on what I've encountered.

Edit: It's even worse than my fellow Virginia Tech fans...I suspect that with the crap quality of ACC reffing, every fanbase in the conference thinks the zebras are out to get them though.

09-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
My girlfriend is a Ravens fan, and thought it was pretty conclusively a pass. The Ravens fanbase in general seems to have a big persecution complex when it comes to reffing, based on what I've encountered.
There were a few questionable calls...but that wasn't one of them.

What's great on that play is the replay of the referee looking square at the ground behind Vick's feet on the throw... not at him, not at the line--the ground.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
There were a few questionable calls...but that wasn't one of them.

What's great on that play is the replay of the referee looking square at the ground behind Vick's feet on the throw... not at him, not at the line--the ground.

I caught that. He is straight up staring at Vick's feet, and doesn't begin to look up until the ball is gone. We rewound that a few times.

Stealing from a FB friend:

'My favorite part of last Sunday was seeing all the random lead officials who were pulled out of their random jobs, then thrown into a baziillion-dollar league and forced to explain calls 25 to 30 times per game to a stadium of 60,000 people as well as a TV audience of millions. I thought the announcers should have said their real jobs every time they threw it to them, as in …

"To find out if the touchdown has been overturned, let's go to Jerry Smith, the general manager of three Chik-fil-A's in Orlando."

"Was it a fumble? Let's hear from Bob Johnson, who owns his own insurance agency in Plano, Texas."'
-Bill Simmons

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 09-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
flyershockey

Quote:

Edit: It's even worse than my fellow Virginia Tech fans...I suspect that with the crap quality of ACC reffing, every fanbase in the conference thinks the zebras are out to get them though.
I don't know how it is in NOVA, but this statement couldn't be any more true for Raven's fans in Va Beach. They act like all they do is live in the shadows of the Redskins. I haven't encountered a fanbase that loves to feel like they get the "little brother" treatment quite like Raven's fans.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I don't know how it is in NOVA, but this statement couldn't be any more true for Raven's fans in Va Beach. They act like all they do is live in the shadows of the Redskins. I haven't encountered a fanbase that loves to feel like they get the "little brother" treatment quite like Raven's fans.
Every Ravens fan I know despises the Redskins, and I can't figure it out. I've had it explained to me as intense bitterness over Colts fans switching over to the Skins when that team was moved, or something. I think that's pretty spiteful.

I think you're right about the Little Brother deal...they're sandwiched between some major fanbases with Pitt, Washington and Philly basically surrounding them and making them a very regional team.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Every Ravens fan I know despises the Redskins, and I can't figure it out. I've had it explained to me as intense bitterness over Colts fans switching over to the Skins when that team was moved, or something. I think that's pretty spiteful.

I think you're right about the Little Brother deal...they're sandwiched between some major fanbases with Pitt, Washington and Philly basically surrounding them and making them a very regional team.
It's odd considering their success over the last ten+ years though. You would think eventually they would just point at the Skins and laugh.

Either way, big win for the Eagles. I didn't think they would be discipline enough to beat the Ravens. Well, they were undisciplined as hell and still managed to win. I don't know anything anymore.

Old
09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
The Ravens are supposed to be the big bad bullies yet one of their players comes out today and says the Eagles are dirty ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Harvin got me 4 points in my league
In the league Im in you 1 point for every rushing/receiving yards plus 1 point for every reception. Harvin had like 40 rushing yards along with 8 receptions for 100 yards.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Fantasy bench got even better tonight.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
my bench outscored my starters too, dont feel bad.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Julio Jones was projected for 12 points tonight in my one league. I needed two to win. That bum only gets 1 points and nets me a tie.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Julio Jones was projected for 12 points tonight in my one league. I needed two to win. That bum only gets 1 points and nets me a tie.
Don't feel too bad. Many years ago, I had Sexy Rexy as my starting QB. I needed .5 points to win. He got -2.7.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Chad Johnson? Wut?

Old
09-18-2012, 10:18 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Chad Johnson? Wut?
Eskin just tweeted every source he's contacted said no to that and he has some pretty reliable eagles sources..even though i cant stand him.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Chad Johnson? Wut?
Where did this rumor even begin? I am having trouble finding it.

Also Kelce is done for 2012, I guess he has decided to have the surgery to repair his torn MCL and ACL. Long recovery ahead of him.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Where did this rumor even begin? I am having trouble finding it.

Also Kelce is done for 2012, I guess he has decided to have the surgery to repair his torn MCL and ACL. Long recovery ahead of him.
He tweeted that he didn't want to miss his flight to Philly.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Looking at getting an Eagles jersey, deciding between Ryans and Kendricks, what do you guys think?

Old
09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Looking at getting an Eagles jersey, deciding between Ryans and Kendricks, what do you guys think?
imo Kendricks....dude looks like he's going to be a monster linebacker in the future.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Devastate

Driving to Phoenix for the game today. hopefully we play a cleaner game today

Old
09-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Krishna

Do the eagles coaches lube up the eagles players' gloves before each game?

Closed Thread