*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

Are there alot of Flyers fans in K-W or something?

I've always found that really strange since Kitchener has the reputation of being be quite hockey knowledgeable.
I'm really glad they didn't let a few bad apples ruin it!!

Old
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I've always found that really strange since Kitchener has the reputation of being be quite hockey knowledgeable.

That doesn't exactly answer my question though. Are there alot of Flyers fans in K-W?

As a Pens fan it was easy for me growing up here in Timmins. 98% of the "fans" here were/are just bandwagon Habs or Leafs fans. A harmless bunch.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:05 PM
RangerFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
You may see Spott holding tight for a while. With the NHL lockout underway, and the amount of young NHLers sent to play in the AHL, we may see Crescenzi sent back here sooner than later. AC needs to play. He already had a bunch of guys ahead of him on the Marlie depth chart and that was before the lockout was announced. I don't think the Leafs sit him in the pressbox for an extended period while waiting for NHL play to resume.

Therefore, if he is sent back, Spott will have that top six forward he's been looking for. But that means 4 OA's on the roster - three of them forwards. If that were to happen, AC would be our best OA with Alberga behind him. Does Spott go with 3 OA forwards? You never know. But at least Spott would have options. Like maybe dealing for a top two d-man who isn't an OA (one of Hamilton, Percy, Sproul or Sefton for instance). Then we'd go with 3 OA's up front.

Addmittedly though, I'd maybe rule out Hamilton. If he is put on the trade market, I'm betting Niagara would want a return comparable to that of Alex Pietrangelo or Jamie Oleksiak. The fact that Marty Williamson was invloved in both those trades, and will be involved in any Hamilton deal, insures the price would be as hign - maybe rightfully so. I doubt Spott gives up that much to fill the #2 d-man Spot. One of the other 3 d-men I listed may be more realistic.
I totally agree that Hamilton is out of the question a hard one to get but our d is not looking to strong fanelli and iafrate are both good second line d and this hanes guy didnt seem to have a strong performance in his exhibition against barrie.... and yes you cant really count out evan mceneny but realistically we are in need of a d man to pair with murphy. Hopefully i player that will put chills down other teams spines when they face us. Now onto my line combos without any trades
1st:LW Puempel C Faksa RW Reider
2nd:LW Marcantuoni C Bailey RW Thompson
3rd: LW Albegra C Sterk RW Czinder (asumming AC doesn't return)
4th: LW Schmaltz C Meighan RW Ming
Pederson

Defense
1st Murphy Hanes (hopefully we can trade for someone better)
2nd Fanelli Iafrate
3rd Mceneny Genovese
Gilbert

Goalies
Gibson
Franky

This is how i think the lines would be if spotter doesn't make any moves but we can hope the he will. Also another question what are the odds of us picking up a high caliber player like strome, Galchenyuk, Cousins or Trocheck, and also a high caliber D man like Hamilton, Sproul, Sefton or Percy....... like what will it take to get these type of guys and or do we even have the trade bait to get these guys?

Old
09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Thank you for your helpfulness. You Flyers fans are alright. (Well most of you anyways.)

It's funny you should mention me wearing a Pens jersey to a Rangers game. Wouldn't wearing an NHL jersey at an OHL game be a jersey foul at least an unusual thing for a person to do???? Sure I can see people wearing an Avalanche jersey with Landeskog's name and number, but a Pens jersey??? Really the only well known Rangers alumni that was also a Penguin is Paul Coffey and he's arguably more regarded as an Oiler than a Penguin no?? Frankly I thought earlier actually about what to wear at a game and I was just gonna buy a Rangers tshirt or maybe a blank jersey or whatnot.

Are there alot of Flyers fans in K-W or something?
Welcome to the boards.
I guess the closest current Pen would be Bortuzzo. But that is hardly jersey worthy. And yes there are a few of those Flyer fans here that are also Ranger fans. But the are good apples and knowledgeable.

As mentioned, you can get all Ranger games on Rogers 20 except for those games played in Erie, Saginaw and Plymouth. As for tix, you can usually get tickets for future games but i suggest trying to plan on getting your tickets for the games you want at the beginning of the year. As it goes on, tickets go faster. As for playoff tickets, your best bet is centre in the square and paying the $3.00 service charge per ticket online. Line ups at playoff time in person sometimes takes awhile.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:25 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Hey, thats a low blow....

Given your criteria of hockey knowledgeble area, I'm shocked there are so many Leaf fans among us

Old
09-17-2012, 07:44 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan14 View Post
1st:LW Puempel C Faksa RW Reider
2nd:LW Marcantuoni C Bailey RW Thompson
3rd: LW Albegra C Sterk RW Czinder (asumming AC doesn't return)
4th: LW Schmaltz C Meighan RW Ming
Pederson

Defense
1st Murphy Hanes (hopefully we can trade for someone better)
2nd Fanelli Iafrate
3rd Mceneny Genovese
Gilbert

Also another question what are the odds of us picking up a high caliber player like strome, Galchenyuk, Cousins or Trocheck, and also a high caliber D man like Hamilton, Sproul, Sefton or Percy....... like what will it take to get these type of guys and or do we even have the trade bait to get these guys?
With all due respect, I think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Pedersen is the 13th forward. He has shown more and has a higher ceiling then Meighan, Ming, and likley Sterk as well, while having much more experience then the new comers in Schmalz, Bailey and Llewellyn (who is missing from your line-up).

Steve Spott has mentioned he wants to see if that top line will mesh. I don't see it happening personally, as they are all similar types of players, and all benefit from having the puck on their sticks.

I believe Ben Thomson should be placed on the top line in a similar capacity to last season. He doesnt get much credit, but he was IMO a major reason why that top line was so strong last season. He runs excellent interference as a winger, and generate space for the other two. Heres what I would do to start the season (disregarding Thomson's one game suspension, that carries over for Slewfooting in Gm 4 of the London series)

Puempel - Faksa - Thomson
Marcantuoni - Sterk - Rieder (Very fast line, I like that you have Bailey here as well, I believe by the deadline we can see him playing top 6 given the current line-up)
Bailey - Alberga - Pedersen (Bailey should start on the wing until more accustomed to the league)
Czinder - Schmalz - Llewellyn/Ming
Meighan

Czinder is a player who can see time on the higher lines, and if he proves his worth, can pot 20 goals.

In an ideal world, alot of these players have the potential to play on higher lines, or with higher caliber line-mates. I have what I do partially taking into account how Spott usually structures his lines, with all the scoring at the top. Personally, once the younger guys are used to the league, I prefer the scoring to be spread out as Players like Bailey, Czinder, Pedersen will add size to the wings and IMO enhance the top lines. They all have speed and can serve a similar role as Thomson, with Bailey possessing quite a bit more offensive ability. Czinder would be more of a to the net guy, while Pedersen is a Thomson lite at the moment.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:57 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Watch it, pal...

Old
09-17-2012, 09:47 AM
BenchedGuy

With the Hanes acquisition, that means once again Young gets bumped back. Why are we not trading him to a place where he will see ice time. IMO this has hindered his development. You got to feel the kid wants a chance to play, and it looks like he won't be getting that chance in K-Dub.

Thats the one thing I always respected about our organization is that if we dont have room to play the guys that we have moved them, for a better opportunity for themselves (Aleardi, Prince, Dodero...). Just hope that happens again for Young, he deserves a shot somewhere.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:36 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
With the Hanes acquisition, that means once again Young gets bumped back. Why are we not trading him to a place where he will see ice time. IMO this has hindered his development. You got to feel the kid wants a chance to play, and it looks like he won't be getting that chance in K-Dub.

Thats the one thing I always respected about our organization is that if we dont have room to play the guys that we have moved them, for a better opportunity for themselves (Aleardi, Prince, Dodero...). Just hope that happens again for Young, he deserves a shot somewhere.
Only problem is where? He's played only 36 games over parts of two seasons so clubs havent had much of an opportunity to give him a look.

If the team traded him, they'd likely only get a late pick for him. At least with Dodero, He had played 3/4's a season (in one year, not half a season spread over 2 years like Young) and was traded right away at the start of the next year.

Aleardi Had played a full season, just wasnt getting the minutes he wanted. And he returned Matt Tipoff and a 1st round Import (Tobias Rieder 5th Overall), certainly a significant return. Shane Prince returned a 3rd rounder, again after playing 1 fulls eason and half the other, was traded to get more minutes.

While you can compare these players and their situations with Young's, the main difference is Young can't even crack the roster, while these guys did. Over the past two seasons, there is no player Young was better then that was playing in his place, he was the 8th option each and every year.

Perhaps he is good enough for another team, but as far as I know, Spott has been trying to move him for a while, just no one wants him, and why would they when he cant crack the line-up here, and they have their own 18 yearolds and younger players to play?

I agree they should try and get rid of him, just dont see who is going to pay anything to get him, and keeping him around gives an option for trading other more talented players for a better return, and using him as an injury/WJHC fill in.

He is nothing but a depth guy as harsh as that sounds, its just the reality of it. Unfortunately for him, he was drafted by the wrong team, he owuld have benefited to start his juniour career with a team that didnt have so many good same aged d-men.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Only problem is where? He's played only 36 games over parts of two seasons so clubs havent had much of an opportunity to give him a look.

........he was drafted by the wrong team, he owuld have benefited to start his juniour career with a team that didnt have so many good same aged d-men.
The problem I see now is that he has lost 2 years of development to become that solid d-man because we kept bringing in D and playing them in front of him. You can argue that some may have been better, but I don't think they all were. We brought in Midensky last season and he saw playing time. When Genovese first started, there were growing pains.

I see it more of we have to do whats in the best interest for the player for his development. Regardless of return. We all don't see him as a fixture for years to come on the back end. Instead of a conditional 14th for Hanes, we could have taken the loss and sent them Young. To me thats the right thing to do for the kid. If Sudbury doesn't need him I am sure you can find a place for him to play in the OHL. If not, then maybe he should be waived.

I think he is more valueable then the way he is/was utilized here. I just don't want to see that happen to Gilbert or Stewart.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
The problem I see now is that he has lost 2 years of development to become that solid d-man because we kept bringing in D and playing them in front of him. You can argue that some may have been better, but I don't think they all were. We brought in Midensky last season and he saw playing time. When Genovese first started, there were growing pains.

I see it more of we have to do whats in the best interest for the player for his development. Regardless of return. We all don't see him as a fixture for years to come on the back end. Instead of a conditional 14th for Hanes, we could have taken the loss and sent them Young. To me thats the right thing to do for the kid. If Sudbury doesn't need him I am sure you can find a place for him to play in the OHL. If not, then maybe he should be waived.

I think he is more valueable then the way he is/was utilized here. I just don't want to see that happen to Gilbert or Stewart.
Cautionary tale re life in the OHL for kids just starting out......

Old
09-17-2012, 11:37 AM
ORYX

Quote:

I certainly agree that he has been wronged in his development, and thats why I suggested he got the short end of the stick being drafted to Kitchener and convinced to report. I could believe it in his first year when they werent rotating him into the line-up, and only got into 9 games.

The good thing, and sometimes a problem in Kitchener is every year is a year that is competitive, and when the management see's a long playoff run in the picture, they come to acquire the guys who can handle the minutes, while players like Young have to continually sit in the press box. Most eventually get their turn, as Genovese, Gilbert, McEneny, have and many past.

Imagine McEneny didnt get hurt last year, Im sure because he would have been as far down the list as he is this year, he wouldnt have even seen the limited time he did last year. And if I recall correctly, they even used him as a forward for a bunch of those games he dressed. There were also games he dressed in which he didnt touch the ice. That to me shows the coaching staff don't believe he is an OHL player.

I agree with you, trade him for what you can get, I just dont see any teams offering anything thats all.

As for Midensky, that guy has no place on this team either. at 165 lbs, he is also hard pressed to find a place to play. He'll be sent down without a doubt, though he wasnt drafted by the team and was a free-agent.

I dont think we'll see Gilbert fall into the Young category, he is much much better, and is rumoured to be the piece Spott is dangling for upgrades. If Hanes sticks he is the 7th man, if Hanes goes he is the 6th man. Stewart or Young can slot in at 6 if they dont add anyone, but I highly highly doubt Spott takes a run at the OHL championship without a bonafide top pairing guy to play along side Murphy. Someone like Ryan Sproul as an example.

Make a package deal for Sproul and Cousins if you can. Add those two into the line-up, subtract Pedersen, Gilbert, Picks and maybe a guy like Young as a throw in and this team is a very strong contender.

Last edited by ORYX: 09-17-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old
09-17-2012, 08:14 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
With all due respect, I think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Pedersen is the 13th forward. He has shown more and has a higher ceiling then Meighan, Ming, and likley Sterk as well, while having much more experience then the new comers in Schmalz, Bailey and Llewellyn (who is missing from your line-up).
I agree about Pederson being the 13th forward. First of all, he's our 1st rounder last year and that alone gets him into Spott's lineup. Then, in the event that we use him as trade bait to acquire a front line forward or d-man, the last place he needs to be is in the pressbox. His trade value would go through the floor!

In my opinion, he does have a higher ceiling than Meighan, Ming and Sterk, but right now, if I'm looking for a goal late in the game, I want Sterk out there before him and right now, if I want to preserve the lead late in the game, I want Meighan out there ahead of him. But in terms of value because of upside, Pederson has the more than those three.

Quote:
Steve Spott has mentioned he wants to see if that top line will mesh. I don't see it happening personally, as they are all similar types of players, and all benefit from having the puck on their sticks.

I believe Ben Thomson should be placed on the top line in a similar capacity to last season. He doesnt get much credit, but he was IMO a major reason why that top line was so strong last season. He runs excellent interference as a winger, and generate space for the other two. Heres what I would do to start the season (disregarding Thomson's one game suspension, that carries over for Slewfooting in Gm 4 of the London series)

Puempel - Faksa - Thomson
Marcantuoni - Sterk - Rieder (Very fast line, I like that you have Bailey here as well, I believe by the deadline we can see him playing top 6 given the current line-up)
Bailey - Alberga - Pedersen (Bailey should start on the wing until more accustomed to the league)
Czinder - Schmalz - Llewellyn/Ming
Meighan

Czinder is a player who can see time on the higher lines, and if he proves his worth, can pot 20 goals.

In an ideal world, alot of these players have the potential to play on higher lines, or with higher caliber line-mates. I have what I do partially taking into account how Spott usually structures his lines, with all the scoring at the top. Personally, once the younger guys are used to the league, I prefer the scoring to be spread out as Players like Bailey, Czinder, Pedersen will add size to the wings and IMO enhance the top lines. They all have speed and can serve a similar role as Thomson, with Bailey possessing quite a bit more offensive ability. Czinder would be more of a to the net guy, while Pedersen is a Thomson lite at the moment.

I don't see that line meshing either, but I'd do something a little different:

Puempel / Marcantuoni / Rieder
Thanks to Alberga's early ejection of the other night, these three saw a few shifts together with MM at center and they looked dangerous out there. They looked fast and I think MM's goal came with those three on the ice. Also, you had MM on LW. That would mean he's been a centerman in his rookie year, a RWer in his second, and now a LWer in his third - not the way to get his game jump started IMO.

Thomson / Faksa / Sterk
Thomson does deserve 1st line icetime for every reason you've stated. But championship teams usually have two #1 lines, and that is what these two lines would be once a high end RWer is dealt for.

Pederson / Alberga / Czinder
These guys started together the other night and looked good. I have been dissing Pederson on here for a while now but he played good Friday night. I think this line could be a tough one to play against. Should AC return, then one of these OA's is out and the other takes the right side.

Meighan / Schmalz / Bailey
I think Meighan is too valuble defensively to start in the pressbox. I see him as a Scott Timmins clone and he needs to play. Easily sees time on the second PK unit. I'm thinking this 4th line would see much more ice than last year's 4th line.

Pressbox:
Lesway / Ming / Llewellyn

I don't see how Ming gets in the lineup. Who do you take out? I don't know either. I have him behind Meighan as Meighan is a year younger with more upside. He's a good faceoff man too - that's always good when you are on the PK. I see Ming being eventually moved.

Llewellyn has been OK but the other 2 rookies have shown more and Meighan is much better defensively at this point in their careers. Meighan would also be that defensive presence on a line with two offensive minded rookies.

Lesway hasn't been so bad in the ex-games, but I also don't see who he bumps out of this lineup. I may be wrong but I see him as this year's Micheal Hasson. Someone who does good during the preseason but when the real games start up, he returns to the player we thought he was.

Lesway and Llewellyn are my 2 extra forwards.

I agree with your thoughts on Czinder. I was pleasantly surprised at how effective he was along the boards and in front of the net on the PP. If we deal for a top six forward who is not an OA, then having an OA on the third line like Czinder isn't so bad. Could he get 20+ goals? As a fixture on the PP he could.

Could this guy be another OA like Mike Angeidis and Kelsey Wilson were? Those tough guys filled the net in their OA seasons and I'm sure that is what Spott is hoping for out of this acquisition. It's possible.

Last edited by EvenSteven: 09-17-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Ward Cornell

Even Steven and Oryx,

I agree with both of you but with some minor adjustments.
I suspect Darby and Schmalz with be interchangeable most nights and I'm fine with that since I think both will be studs a cpl years down the road. As for Bailey............
As for Ming, I guess I see more upside with him than most fans and Spott will find a place for him either here or with another team. While not a star player by any means he is a serviceable OHL player who does everything well but not to a "star level" in any aspect.

I can see about 5 bodies being shipped out to acquire an experienced front liner and or picks to be used later this season. I know these spare parts won't garner much but all of them can play in this league and will be placed elsewhere. (see Charlie Dodero)

Old
09-18-2012, 07:08 AM
rangersfan88

I don't see A.c. Making the marlies this season especially with the lock out . I don't think Hanes will be here very long if a.c comes back he will be Gone and we will b looking for a top 2 d man to play with Murphy I know spott usually has an oa d man but I think if we can get a tough/ talented 19 y.o who can play big minutes that would suffice . And our forward lines would be incredibly talented with lots of size too. I may be wrong about a.c. I do believe he's ready to play in the ahl I just don't think there's room for him up there . If he does come back what do you guys think our lines would look like?

I think it will b something like this …

Puempel / crescenzi/ reider
Thompson/ faksa / marcantouni
Sterk/ alberga/ czinder
Pederson / schmalz/ bailey

Murphy /
Fanelli / iafrate
Mceneny/ genovese

Last edited by rangersfan88: 09-18-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old
09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan88 View Post
I don't see A.c. Making the marlies this season especially with the lock out . I don't think Hanes will be here very long if a.c comes back he will be Gone and we will b looking for a top 2 d man to play with Murphy I know spott usually has an oa d man but I think if we can get a tough/ talented 19 y.o who can play big minutes that would suffice . And our forward lines would be incredibly talented with lots of size too. I may be wrong about a.c. I do believe he's ready to play in the ahl I just don't think there's room for him up there . If he does come back what do you guys think our lines would look like?

I think it will b something like this

Puempel / crescenzi/ reider
Thompson/ faksa / marcantouni
Sterk/ alberga/ czinder
Pederson / schmalz/ bailey

Murphy /
Fanelli / iafrate
Mceneny/ genovese
I think AC should be back as well, but here is what Jim Hughes has to say on that matter, from Josh Brown of the Record's Blog yesteday, having just spoke with Jim:

Asked if the current NHL labour strife may create a log jam situation where it would make more sense to send Crescenzi back to the OHL, Hughes said:

http://therecord.blogs.com/rangers_report/

"It's doubtful,"

"Kitchener has done a wonderful job developing players. Kitchener was a fantastic spot for Andrew.

"He has worked so hard and is so physically fit and strong that it's time to play at the next level. Andrew had a good junior career but he needs to move his career forward and be in an environment where he can continue to develop."

Asked if the current NHL labour strife may create a log jam situation where it would make more sense to send Crescenzi back to the OHL, Hughes said:

"There is always that possibility of a log jam and we need to look at each individual case. In Andrew's case, he needs to play at a higher level. It's not an option for Andrew to go back to junior as far as we're concerned. He needs to play with men.

"He might not get minutes right away but he'll be in the right spot."

Old
09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
BenchedGuy

I am not saying AC wont be back, realistically I think he still has work to be done in the junior ranks and things he can work on.

But....when was the last time you heard so much about an existing roster playing not coming back and then he did. There is alot of people saying he is not coming back (Hughes, Spott,....), now I am not getting that 50/50 feeling anymore.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:10 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post

Puempel / Marcantuoni / Rieder

Thomson / Faksa / Sterk

Pederson / Alberga / Czinder

Meighan / Schmalz / Bailey

Pressbox:
Lesway / Ming / Llewellyn
Very well thought out post, and I like these lines for the most part. I would try and tinker with them a little bit, as I think a line of Puempel, Marcantuoni and Rieder may get pushed around a bit. In addition, Faksa is a strong player, but I fear we are asking too much centering him with Thomson and Sterk, as both those guys arent possession players, and Faksa would be responsible for the bulk of offensive generation.

I would pair the wingers as Rieder/Thomson and Puempel/Marcantuoni, and put Sterk between one, and Faksa between the other. preferably for myself as;

Rieder - Sterk - Thomson
Puempel - Faksa - Marcantuoni

Its a test for Sterk, if he can't play top 6 center with those two, then it's time to add one who can, or Audition the remaining players through to find out who can. maybe at that point try and switch Matia with Sterk, or break things up over three lines with Bailey or Czinder playing the opposite wing of Puempel or Rieder.

Theres alot of talent on the team, I think if there is one thing for certain, its that this is a team that will roll 4 lines without hestitation late in a game.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Rangers have named Ryan Murphy captain.

He wouldn't have been my choice - mainly because he could disappear to Carolina partway through the season, plus be absent most of December for the WJC camp.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Rangers have named Ryan Murphy captain.

He wouldn't have been my choice - mainly because he could disappear to Carolina partway through the season, plus be absent most of December for the WJC camp.
I suspect Spott has talked with Carolina and was confirmed due to shortened season the Murphy will be returned!
But my choices would have been either Fanelli or Thomson!

Old
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
BenchedGuy

Agree with both of you about not being the first choice. Maybe there is more behind the scenes in the dressing room we all dont know about. I see Murphy as an A, would have prefered Fanelli with the C. He will be a mainstay through his OHL career. See him as the Dan Kelly without as much grit.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:37 AM
tourlord*

Man Kitchener is going to be tough this year. I see them being the only team in the West really giving London a problem this year.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Man Kitchener is going to be tough this year. I see them being the only team in the West really giving London a problem this year.
I suspect you meant that London "could" be the only team giving Kitchener some trouble this year!

Old
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
I suspect you meant that London "could" be the only team giving Kitchener some trouble this year!

Old
09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
I think AC should be back as well, but here is what Jim Hughes has to say on that matter, from Josh Brown of the Record's Blog yesteday, having just spoke with Jim:
Yeah I read what Hughes said. Just another reason why the Leafs suck - pretty much awarded the player a spot on the AHL roster with out having gone through training camp.

I can't remember the last Ranger player drafted by the Leafs to ever go anywhere in that organization. Maybe Claire Alexander in the 70's? Geez Kadri was taken 7th overall and they are doing everything they can to wreck his career both mentally and on the ice. He'll need a trade before he ever sees regular duty in the show.

Anybody with 2 eyes and an a-hole can see that AC, though a very good player, has lots to work on at this level. To be honest, having him play an OA season is a no-brainer. At this level with top six duty and extensive PP duty could net 40 this year. Who's gonna move him from the front of the net on the PP?

This could be Randell all over again. I see AC getting sent back here sometime between now and the deadline to go on a long playoff run. At least we won't be giving away a very good OA for next to nothing to make room for him as we did last year (Melchiori).

You guys are right about one thing though - at his size, the timid referes in this league won't allow him to throw many of his patented bodychecks without panicking and putting him in the box.

Closed Thread