HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Players hurt the most if the season is lost

Old
09-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Some others that could be hurt a lot by it (all are UFAs-to-be):

Elias = suppose to make $6M this season and is 36 yrs old so doubtful he gets that much again
PM Bouchard = suppose to make $4.3M this season and has been extremely injury prone throughout his career, particularly last 3 seasons
Ryan Whitney = suppose to make $5.5M this season and doubtful he makes that on next contract based on recent performance
Zidlicky = suppose to make $4M this season and is now 35 & on downward trend
Khabibulin = suppose to make $3.75M this season and now is 39 & basically done as a starter

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Malhotra on the Canucks. After his injury, he just was not the same player and basically became a fourth liner who is good at faceoffs. I doubt he gets anywhere near $2.5m if the season is wiped out. Raymond is another attempting to revive his career.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
I may be off here, but Matt Moulson, will he be able to still be a 30 goal scorer in 2013-2014?

Mark Streit, could he retire from the NHL and spend the rest of his career overseas?
From an Islander standpoint I would think that Nabokov would be hurt. Poulin and Nillson would have one more year of experience and may both be NHL ready, thus no place for Nabokov who will also be one year older.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Suddenly7

Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu will likely be done if there is a lockout. Selanne planning on playing this season is credit to the last lockout. It's wonderful to see two friends play together the last couple seasons. Hopefully there isn't a lockout since I want them both to go out fighting for a shot at the cup at least.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:54 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
From an Islander standpoint I would think that Nabokov would be hurt. Poulin and Nillson would have one more year of experience and may both be NHL ready, thus no place for Nabokov who will also be one year older.
Personally, I'd say Brad Boyes has the most to lose as far as Islanders go.

He signed a 1-year deal and all signs were pointing to him playing with Tavares and Moulson(at least to start the year). This was going to be his opportunity to return to his St. Louis form and cash in next offseason.

It's possible that this time next season, one of Nino, Kabanov, Nelson, Ullstrom, etc. establish themselves enough to warrant a legit look on that line, allowing the Isles to let Boyes walk without him ever getting his chance with the JT line.

If that happens, I'd say he misses out on a potential PA Parenteau-type contract.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Struggle to see Brodeur playing in the 2013-14 season if there's no hockey this year. Where would he play?

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:21 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Kimmo Timonen 6.333 million this year and is the last year in his deal

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Struggle to see Brodeur playing in the 2013-14 season if there's no hockey this year. Where would he play?
He's signed to play for the Devils and needs the money. He'll be in uniform.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Personally, I'd say Brad Boyes has the most to lose as far as Islanders go.

He signed a 1-year deal and all signs were pointing to him playing with Tavares and Moulson(at least to start the year). This was going to be his opportunity to return to his St. Louis form and cash in next offseason.

It's possible that this time next season, one of Nino, Kabanov, Nelson, Ullstrom, etc. establish themselves enough to warrant a legit look on that line, allowing the Isles to let Boyes walk without him ever getting his chance with the JT line.

If that happens, I'd say he misses out on a potential PA Parenteau-type contract.
You make a an excellant point. I felt that Boyes was a 1 year placeholder at RW until the Isles determine if Ryan Strome can play on the wing. I hadn't thought about it before but your right Boyes loses his one chance to put up big numbers playing with JT. You're correct and I was wrong Boyes does have the most to lose.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:30 PM
SoulAssassin

Dustin Penner... he'll be so out of shape he'll just hope the Kings make it to the playoffs so he can magically appear...

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:16 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

I'd think a few 4th liner/3rd pairing/spares guys. Finally get a shot at the NHL and big money. Next year replaced by the back log of prospects ready to graduate.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Zajac is going to get a nice contract because he's a center in his prime, but he probably could have gotten more.

2010 he put up extremely mediocre raw numbers under John MacLean.
2011 he was supposed to rebound, but only played 15 regular season games. Had a nice playoffs though.
2012 lockout.

His value is at an all-time low.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Kimmo Timonen 6.333 million this year and is the last year in his deal
Actually thats Timonen's cap hit, not his actual salary, he only makes $3M in pay cause he had a front-loaded deal. I dont think he'd be among the worst ones hurting but $3M is nothing to sneeze at though.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

The big one worth discussing is Tim Thomas.

Is his year off just on par with the rest of the NHL? Do the Bruins act like this didn't happen? Is his contract in effect for next season if this one is lost? Would a lockout until 2013 give him enough time for him to come back and play in 2013 with another team?

Or will he also sit the following year out and then come back in the 2014-2015 season during the Olympics trying to make a return to hockey?

Was the point of his leave from hockey personal OR to not play the final year of his contract?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Not exactly money related, but potentially Chara. We have no idea if he's going to play Norris calibre until he retires or drop off next season.

Money related, Rask. He got a 1 year contract so he can set the basis of next year's long term deal depending on his play.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:54 PM
DG

Gonchar stands to lose $5.5M, which he probably will never get again in the NHL. Loses a chance to prove he's even worth 3/4 of that this season, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Elias = suppose to make $6M this season and is 36 yrs old so doubtful he gets that much again
Eh... had an amazing season last year. May not hit $6M, but might still be over $5M, depending on the new CBA. Agree with your other choices though.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
StringerBell

Dustin Byfuglien might not stand to lose a lot of money, but without a season's worth of exercise he stands to gain a lot of weight.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote