HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It Is No Longer Summer: This Thread Now Belongs to Your Mods

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
1) I've seen magic mike and it's actually a pretty good movie.

2) I feel so bad for RockLobster. He thought he actually insulted me and sent me a PM to apologize. What a nice guy. Brownie points for him
I apologize to you via pm before but I never got brownie points.....

@S E P H, nope Im not in EPL fantasy. Where's it at?

Old
09-18-2012, 10:39 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I apologize to you via pm before but I never got brownie points.....

@S E P H, nope Im not in EPL fantasy. Where's it at?
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ is the one is use and its pretty good

Old
09-18-2012, 10:44 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Man...a lot of people here hate fat people. Could we clarify this? As someone who considers himself "overweight" is it the obese people who typically occupy WalMart and Walmart type places that you people hate, or is it anyone who is overweight?

I weigh 290 lbs, down from 320 when I injured my back and partially tore my ACL, but when I tell people my actual weight, they always tell me that I don't look as heavy as my weight would indicate, that would be because I weight-lifted in high school and college.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man...a lot of people here hate fat people. Could we clarify this? As someone who considers himself "overweight" is it the obese people who typically occupy WalMart and Walmart type places that you people hate, or is it anyone who is overweight?

I weigh 290 lbs, down from 320 when I injured my back and partially tore my ACL, but when I tell people my actual weight, they always tell me that I don't look as heavy as my weight would indicate, that would be because I weight-lifted in high school and college.
How tall are you?

Old
09-18-2012, 10:52 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCalderHero View Post
What exactly do you on that thing?

Old
09-18-2012, 10:53 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
How tall are you?
*sad face*

5'9 1/2

Old
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

Quote:
*sad face*

5'9 1/2
So you are 290 lbs of rock solid muscle?

Old
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
So you are 290 lbs of rock solid muscle?
lol, even I wouldn't say that. I'm pudgy, but what's weird is I've met and played sports against people who are similar in my height, and at least claim that they're less heavy than I, but they are little butterballs!

I have broad shoulders and solid legs (just a bad right knee now). So when I weight-lifted I did the bench press, of course, but also the Clean and Jerk, incline bench press and always focused on strengthening my legs and calf muscles. I played a little bit of football in HS. Once HS ended and I went to college I slowly stopped going like I used to, mostly because I didn't have any other sports to play and wasn't good enough to continue playing football past high school.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Holy crap Seph hates a lot of things. My favorites here "hipsters" and "anything mainstream or fads" lol
I can't even begin to think of that many things I hate.
-Fat people
-people who put stickers of their family on their car (cool! you have three young children and three cats and no dogs! I'm gonna follow you home!) and it just looks stupid.
-Boulderites. They ruined what could have been a cool place
-Almost everyone on welfare
-Most women

That's all I can think of.
Nice! You hate a lot of stuff as well.

I also hate a lot of the people in the South because they're on welfare. I also would love San Francisco like Boulder, but because of the people in that location I hate it as well (consisting of hippies and hardcore Liberals). Anything hardcore I hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
So, wth you're a Russian/French Canadian who lives in Denver?

Lucky you on the DVR, I can't afford cable this year so, I'm watching the games online. I'll watch about any league following players I would say(Lamela, Pastore, Aguero and I would watch POrto if Itrube got some games but he doesn't same thing for Dybla). I wouldn't say follow the Argentinean league I mostly read about it but if I do watch it usually is River plate. I do watch enough EPL games although I find it very overrated and I don't really have a team.

Swansea is legit goo Michu.
Well I am actually 100% Polish, but I think my ancestors came from Russia because every says I look Russian.

You know AC Milan is my 2nd favourite team, but Serie A is just too damn corrupted and crazy right now for me to enjoy the games. Plus the camera's are from space when you try to watch a game in any of those arenas. Lately though I've been watching a lot of Ligue 1 and the quality is surprisingly very good. Still trying to find Bundesliga games when I have free time, but so far no. I also have no clue what happens in La Liga except they produce some awesome players......*cough*avatar*cough*

But hey free online > money for cable.

@JWK: In the soccer section we have a thread sticky-ed for it as well.

Last edited by S E P H: 09-18-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old
09-18-2012, 11:17 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

Quote:
lol, even I wouldn't say that. I'm pudgy, but what's weird is I've met and played sports against people who are similar in my height, and at least claim that they're less heavy than I, but they are little butterballs!

I have broad shoulders and solid legs (just a bad right knee now). So when I weight-lifted I did the bench press, of course, but also the Clean and Jerk, incline bench press and always focused on strengthening my legs and calf muscles. I played a little bit of football in HS. Once HS ended and I went to college I slowly stopped going like I used to, mostly because I didn't have any other sports to play and wasn't good enough to continue playing football past high school.
Nice! Cleans are hard. Never tried it with a jerk though.

I'm 6'4 and about 170. Been trying to put on weight for a while.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCalderHero View Post
Adam are you in there, if so which team? Also my team really sucks because I spent all my money on midfielders and had terrible strikers, but I will rebound because I dropped a few players and got Defoe and Di Santos. I kept getting players who would only play half the game or wouldn't even start. I do like my backline though of A. Cole, Baines, Simpson, Kompany, and McAuley.

Quote:
Yes Walmart fat people. The ones who look like trailer trash and are normally always poor. I hate that they never want to improve their life, they always want sex, beer, and NASCAR. That is why hate a lot of nerd gamers as well. They just sit around all day playing games enjoying their below-average lifestyle.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Landeslog

vCash: 500
Quote:

I should clarify. I have no problems with over weight people.
I'm talking morbidly obese people that just keep eating and eating and eating. Just irritates me.
And then they whine about how it's not their fault (it is) and people stare at them and they whine (you weight 10 times the normal person, people are going to stare at you)

And then obese people with obese children piss me off. My mom has a student that is 5 and has to wear adult pants rolled up because kids sizes don't fit and he got dropped off at 8AM EATING A CUPCAKE! And the same moms complain when their kids get bullied. CUPCAKES ARE NOT BREAKFAST FOR AN OBESE KINDERGARTNER!
They're literally killing their children because they're stupid.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Nice! Cleans are hard. Never tried it with a jerk though.

I'm 6'4 and about 170. Been trying to put on weight for a while.
I remember last October. I got very sick, I couldn't keep any food or liquids in my system at all. I went from 320 down to about 275-280 lbs, after I got better and could actually eat again (anything, after I got better I just plain at chicken noodle soup for the first 4 days) I was up to close to 305 lbs again.

Then as my dumbass luck would have it, I said to myself, "No, I can't lose all that weight and put it all back on!" And started exercising again, before and after work, but then I was playing in a softball league, to help keep me motivated to lose weight, and in my 2nd AB of my 1st game, I partially tore my ACL!

Once I rehabbed it, Dr's said that the tear wasn't big enough to require surgery, and was back and ready to go, the season was almost over, but we had 1 big tournament left. We won the 1st game, and then in the 2nd game I injured my back, slipped disc!

So...2011 and beginning of 2012 sucked hard

Old
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
And then obese people with obese children piss me off. My mom has a student that is 5 and has to wear adult pants rolled up because kids sizes don't fit and he got dropped off at 8AM EATING A CUPCAKE! And the same moms complain when their kids get bullied. CUPCAKES ARE NOT BREAKFAST FOR AN OBESE KINDERGARTNER!
They're literally killing their children because they're stupid.
OMG I hate that as well. To me it's like you're killing your kid .

Sam will know this as well: I hate people on food stamps. Backstory: I live in a prominent area of Colorado (Same location where Peter Budaj lives) and I used to work for a grocery store in the area and you wouldn't believe how many people bought their food with foodstamps dressed in a fur coat, carrying a Chanel or Louis Vuitton bag, getting out their iphone, and keys to an Audi or BMW.

Old
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Seems like I'll be a bit behind in that EPL stuff.

Old
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I should clarify. I have no problems with over weight people.
I'm talking morbidly obese people that just keep eating and eating and eating. Just irritates me.
And then they whine about how it's not their fault (it is) and people stare at them and they whine (you weight 10 times the normal person, people are going to stare at you)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yes Walmart fat people. The ones who look like trailer trash and are normally always poor. I hate that they never want to improve their life, they always want sex, beer, and NASCAR. That is why hate a lot of nerd gamers as well. They just sit around all day playing games enjoying their below-average lifestyle.
On these points, I would agree with you guys. Luckily, I don't believe I look like that, nor has anyone told me that I do, and I work with people who have absolutely NO tact when it comes to things like that.

I play video games, but I don't sit around all day doing so, nor do I eat all day

Old
09-18-2012, 11:30 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
On these points, I would agree with you guys. Luckily, I don't believe I look like that, nor has anyone told me that I do, and I work with people who have absolutely NO tact when it comes to things like that.

I play video games, but I don't sit around all day doing so, nor do I eat all day
I play games as well, but I only play them when I have free time or when I am done with my homework. Probably something you do as well.

I do enjoy those casual Saturdays where you just play games all day with your friends. Everything in moderation.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I play games as well, but I only play them when I have free time or when I am done with my homework. Probably something you do as well.

I do enjoy those casual Saturdays where you just play games all day with your friends. Everything in moderation.
I haven't even played NHL 13 for a full day. Part of me just feels weird just devoting a whole day to a video game. "I've got other things to do" is my feeling on that.

Usually when I play it is on the weekends, I don't do so during the work week, and when I do it's for around 2-3 hours max, and then I feel as if I have to go do something else entirely.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Landeslog

Quote:
OMG I hate that as well. To me it's like you're killing your kid .

Sam will know this as well: I hate people on food stamps. Backstory: I live in a prominent area of Colorado (Same location where Peter Budaj lives) and I used to work for a grocery store in the area and you wouldn't believe how many people bought their food with foodstamps dressed in a fur coat, carrying a Chanel or Louis Vuitton bag, getting out their iphone, and keys to an Audi or BMW.
Do not GET ME STARTED ON THIS. I have a friend I've complained about before. (actually not my friend anymore. Casey finally couldn't stand her any more and told her off on Facebook and it was pretty bad)
Gets married young (even younger than me!!!); graduates massage therapy school (with government aid of course); decides she doesn't want to touch people so doesn't get certified and has no job (not even retail); husband quits decent job because he doesn't want to dress up anymore.
Both unemployed--> decide to have baby on purpose
Lives in parents' basement, on welfare. Not just food stamps. Full out welfare checks.

Brags on Facebook about her BRAND NEW Iphone 4 (when it first came out); Buys a cat

then.. BUYS A BRAND NEW CAR!

Meanwhile, me and casey have been saving for years to get a new car we need and still can't comfortably get one and I have to pay taxes quarterly because of my job and we literally get 0$ back in tax refunds. Did I mention we both work more than 5 days a week?

And this is why I hate government aid

Old
09-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Landeslog

And did I mention this girl also is constantly complaining about how the government doesn't help people out enough? And how we're all lucky obamacare passed or we'd have to pay for her baby because she wouldn't have health insurance because she couldn't be on her parents?
Here's an idea! Don't purposefully get pregnant without health insurance. Oh and that new car you got? The monthly payments could easily cover health insurance.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid people. Ugh

Old
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Do not GET ME STARTED ON THIS. I have a friend I've complained about before. (actually not my friend anymore. Casey finally couldn't stand her any more and told her off on Facebook and it was pretty bad)
Gets married young (even younger than me!!!); graduates massage therapy school (with government aid of course); decides she doesn't want to touch people so doesn't get certified and has no job (not even retail); husband quits decent job because he doesn't want to dress up anymore.
Both unemployed--> decide to have baby on purpose
Lives in parents' basement, on welfare. Not just food stamps. Full out welfare checks.

Brags on Facebook about her BRAND NEW Iphone 4 (when it first came out); Buys a cat

then.. BUYS A BRAND NEW CAR!

Meanwhile, me and casey have been saving for years to get a new car we need and still can't comfortably get one and I have to pay taxes quarterly because of my job and we literally get 0$ back in tax refunds. Did I mention we both work more than 5 days a week?

And this is why I hate government aid
Dude that is brutal, but karma will get them soon. I have a feeling about it and that is why I hate the Government. People don't know what hardwork is anymore, just using others to get the benefits. They will always complain even winning the lottery.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
Quote:
Yeah you're right, Smashking Pumpkins are wayyyyyyy better.
I've never managed to get past Gish when it comes to SP, I'm not sure why. It's not that I don't like it I just... haven't bothered with the next album.

Quote:
It's better than baseball.
I don't see much difference, personally.

Quote:
-Most women

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
Oh and re: The Killers - I've had Battle Born on twice today... I think I like it. I keep expecting Neon Tiger to come on at some point which is horrible but on the whole, it seems good.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

If you think cricket is better than baseball, you deserve to get banned. How can anyone choose an insect over a sport

Time for a quiz on a book I never read...

Old
09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:

Well I am actually 100% Polish, but I think my ancestors came from Russia because every says I look Russian.

You know AC Milan is my 2nd favourite team, but Serie A is just too damn corrupted and crazy right now for me to enjoy the games. Plus the camera's are from space when you try to watch a game in any of those arenas. Lately though I've been watching a lot of Ligue 1 and the quality is surprisingly very good. Still trying to find Bundesliga games when I have free time, but so far no. I also have no clue what happens in La Liga except they produce some awesome players......*cough*avatar*cough*

But hey free online > money for cable.
In Seria A I only watch Roma, although I do like Napolie. I find La liga the best brand of football in terms of entertainment. I hate the hypocrisy of the EPL and a lot of their fans.

All I wanted to do today is watch football and chill but of course my parents have guests over. If its one thing I hate it's people! All my friends are either working or in class might have to watch the games by myself in a pub... Fun!

Closed Thread