HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who here can't wait for the start of the season?

Old
09-02-2012, 04:42 PM
ckg927

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
I agree, it's no fun watching games from Missy and Brampton when there is really no one there to fill the seats. Plymouth can draw well but some weekday games are pretty dull at times.
That's what happens when you put your hockey team in an arena that can double as a Wal-Mart...or a Target...or a Home Depot...or any of those big box stores. (Yes, I've been to Plymouth. Needless to say, the arena didn't impress me that much.) And, FTR, I agree with you on Brampton & Missy...it would have been better if that area had only 1 team. You're basically splitting the fan base in that part of the GTA in half.

As for me...I'm certainly planning on doing a roadie through the OHL at the end of the month; currently, Peterborough, Oshawa and Barrie are on my list. Plus, I will likely make the roadie to Erie a few times this season-the Otters will likely be more fun to watch than last season. Alas, the team closest to me-Niagara-has very few dates that I can go take in a game, but I'll watch a few.

With the NHL lockout hanging over all of us like a sword of Damocles, my motto will probably be "Have hockey, will travel".

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
tourlord*

vCash: 500
It's been a slow summer. And with the NHL in lockout, I can't wait for the season start! Already have some big games circled down on my calendar. Not doing any roadies this year. I'll wait for all the teams to come to town. Might have to take a week holidays though in February to see McDavid play the Gennies. Should be fun

Last edited by tourlord*: 09-18-2012 at 01:48 PM.
tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote