HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Almost relieved there is a lockout.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Macman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
So, in other words, you're a spoiled little brat who only wants to watch their team when they win.
Yeah, cuz everyone knows Leaf fans have been spoiled.

Some of you guys are a riot.

Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Yeah, cuz everyone knows Leaf fans have been spoiled.

Some of you guys are a riot.
It is truly a Bizarro Leaf World we live in now, where losing is accepted as the norm, and those that want winning are criticized and frowned against the most for speaking out in favour of it.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:26 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
It is truly a Bizarro Leaf World we live in now, where losing is accepted as the norm, and those that want winning are criticized and frowned against the most for speaking out in favour of it.
So if you aren't crying and attacking other fans who don't want Burke fired then you just don't care.

That could be the motto for this group.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Macman

Quote:
It is a Bizarro Leaf World where losing is accepted as the norm now, and those that want winning are criticized the most for speaking out in favour of it.
Exactly. I've been a Leaf fan for decades and I am sick and tired of watching them lose and I'm sick and tired of this franchise being a laughing stock. I know exactly where the OP is coming from, and still we get the usual nitwits defending the status quo no matter what.

Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Exactly. I've been a Leaf fan for decades and I am sick and tired of watching them lose and I'm sick and tired of this franchise being a laughing stock. I know exactly where the OP is coming from, and still we get the usual nitwits defending the status quo no matter what.
Never stops. They could lose for another decade and "the usual nitwits" will continue to defend the status quo. If I were MLSE, I wouldn't change a thing. Why would I?

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:11 PM
29Potvins

Who is defending the status quo in this thread? Who is happy with mediocre Leafs hockey in this thread?

The criticism of the OP in this thread is centered on the fact that he/she believes it's beneficial for the Leafs and Leaf fans that there is no hockey this season. Where in the world does not playing hockey make players BETTER at hockey?

I'm just as unsatisfied with the Leafs mediocre game as you, but to suggest a lockout is the answer? That's absurd.

29Potvins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
ACC1224

You have to be a "nitwit" to hope the lockout ends and we have hockey this year?
That certainly par for the course around here.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29Potvins View Post
Who is defending the status quo in this thread? Who is happy with mediocre Leafs hockey in this thread?

The criticism of the OP in this thread is centered on the fact that he/she believes it's beneficial for the Leafs and Leaf fans that there is no hockey this season. Where in the world does not playing hockey make players BETTER at hockey?

I'm just as unsatisfied with the Leafs mediocre game as you, but to suggest a lockout is the answer? That's absurd.

This, a million times this.

No one is saying losing is good, or it's what we want or are even ok with it happening. But to say that a lockout is good, for anyone but the owners or players bank accounts, well thats just madness.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Never stops. They could lose for another decade and "the usual nitwits" will continue to defend the status quo. If I were MLSE, I wouldn't change a thing. Why would I?
Lets be honest here, our team was just voted the "worst team in professional sports" bang for your buck ranking.

So what exactly do Leaf fans feel they're missing when no games are being played?

If someone goes to and has to sits through a bad movie, I'm pretty sure they don't come out of the theater wondering when the sequel will be coming out so they can attend.

I just renewed my Kelowna Rockets season tickets and am looking forward to some exciting hockey coming up, because I enjoy the sport.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
ACC1224

Quote:
Lets be honest here, our team was just voted the "worst team in professional sports" bang for your buck ranking.

So what exactly do Leaf fans feel they're missing when no games are being played?

If someone goes to and has to sits through a bad movie, I'm pretty sure they don't come out of the theater wondering when the sequel will be coming out so they can attend.

I just renewed my Kelowna Rockets season tickets and am looking forward to some exciting hockey coming up, because I enjoy the sport.
When was the last time you watched a Leaf game?
Knowing that you don't watch games certainly explains a lot.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
robdicks

Although I would prefer to watch the Leafs play than sit, i do get where people are coming from. In the last 7 years it has been painful to watch the Leafs. There are points in the season that I just start to do something else on Saturday night because getting mad at my TV just doesn't seem like a good time.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:

Could've fooled me.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

i can wait another month
the seasons too long anyway
plus our prospects get more seasoning in the AHL

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
If I didn't want to put myself through another failed season, instead of a lockout I'd do something really bold....like stop watching.

Being happy with a lockout is pretty dumb and for Leaf fans and Detroit fans especially, we should be really upset as this was our year to enjoy 24/7. Maybe not all of you were that interested but I was really looking forward to an inside look at the players, coaches and management team.

You don't want to watch while the team sucks but you'll be right there cheering once the team is competing again. What happened to enjoying the journey? I hear people like Mess preach play the kids and suffer the consequences, well that's exactly what it means. Growing pains and failures which eventually are corrected and wouldn't you want to be there the entire way enjoying the rollercoaster ride of emotions? That's what sports is all about. I love every bit of the journey, even the frustrating times.

You don't want to put yourself through this, then do yourself a favour and stop watching altogether. You obviously don't have what it takes to be a fan.
If a lockout eats up another month then I could see the league postponing 24/7 until the next season as the NHL would be stupid not to gives these 2 teams the worldwide publicly that they deserve.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
When was the last time you watched a Leaf game?
Knowing that you don't watch games certainly explains a lot.
I subscribe to NHL center Ice and watch all Leaf games, just don't like the results nor what I'm watching these days.

Therefore when the Team is not playing, not sure what I'm missing other than setting myself to endure more disappointment when it does.

I suspect you may be having trouble lately giving away some of your season ticket seats these days like you do, so you don't have to go and watch them lose, and while you find something else to do instead. A lockout saves you the time and trouble having to dump them.

Last edited by Mess: 09-18-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 04:16 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

besides the world is coming to an end soon
the mayan calender is almost finished

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Leafidelity
A New Era

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
So really what most of you are saying is, you arent really Leaf fans, you just troll around here to bring the rest of us down because you are bitter and jaded, very sad.
Pretty much.

"I'm a fair weather fan, and here's why..."

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:30 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

You can't love hockey that much if you don't even want to watch your team play.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 09:36 PM
HellasLEAF
#93Gilmour/#93Marner

I think if there is a year to have a delayed season, this is just about the right one if your a Leaf fan.

I honestly hope it goes on till December, just in time for the Leafs to have the Winter Classic. Then I hope Burke makes no more moves and plays our young players all season.

We hopefully get another top 5 pick.

Next year, go all out with a more developed squad and some dead wood off the books.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:30 PM
TheSilencer

"Relieved" is a strong word. As much as we suck, i'd still wanna watch hockey and my team.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:02 AM
MorriPage

Regardless of how consistently poor the on-ice product the Leafs put out is, the winter months are not the same without NHL hockey. I'm sure I can fill my time going to OHL games and watching the Marlies on television, but a season without the ability to watch the Leafs isn't more ideal than the alternative.

MorriPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:45 AM
MajorityRules*
Sior Gaisgeil

So basically what I'm reading is....

"I'm the biggest Leaf fan there is, but I'd rather not have a season."

That is just sad.

MajorityRules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:57 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 1005
Big development year for some Leafs. A full year gives them an extra year in the AHL, heal from various injuries, allow peoples minds to fade the dismal end of last season, but Heck, who doesn't want to watch NHL hockey? This sucks!

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
nsleaf

Leafs are never going to get better if they do not play.

The lock-out sucks and both parties are to blame. They use and abuse fans like this because thier egos and greed is blinding them and course fans allow it to happen. I cannot support either side. They could have fixed this long ago but chose not to. Damn players are now going overseas and taking other player's jobs. What a bunch of clowns.

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:08 AM
The Apologist
Where's JVR?

Quote:
I subscribe to NHL center Ice and watch all Leaf games, just don't like the results nor what I'm watching these days.

Therefore when the Team is not playing, not sure what I'm missing other than setting myself to endure more disappointment when it does.

I suspect you may be having trouble lately giving away some of your season ticket seats these days like you do, so you don't have to go and watch them lose, and while you find something else to do instead. A lockout saves you the time and trouble having to dump them.
I don't like the results either. Hell I wish we were 82-0 every year.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the games, and that I hope there is no season. I'm itching to go.

Guess that makes me dumb, or settling for mediocrity or whatever.

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote