HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
So far my favourite thing about BAP is being on ice for 5s, then having a stoppage, then I'm back on the bench again. I'm the first line centre right now, and I'm getting about 8 minutes a game.
Yes, this is my favorite part about it too.

Also love that they didn't fix the bug where it complains about your statistics being bad and puts you on the second line when you lead the league in scoring and get an A+ statistics rating in every game you play.
So ****ing stupid.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

On Pro settings..

In my first 2 games I had 2 goals and 3 assists...

5 games later..I still have 2 goals and 3 assists....lol

Guess I'm not as good as I thought...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:25 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
So far my favourite thing about BAP is being on ice for 5s, then having a stoppage, then I'm back on the bench again. I'm the first line centre right now, and I'm getting about 8 minutes a game.
This is my favorite part as well.
I cheat and take quite a few long shifts though, so I usually end up with 15-17 minutes of ice time, depending on how many PPs/PKs we get (I'm on the first PP unit and neither PK unit).

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Anglesmith
Lord Byron

vCash: 185
I started a BAP the first day the game was out- playing a 16 year-old LW (PWF) on Superstar with default style. I was really surprised at how high my starting rating was (69) compared to all the other players on the team. I was on a 3 PPG clip, so I have set the game style to hardcore and restarted. It does seem harder, but I'm worried at how good I'll be in my second season compared to the rest of the league.

I love the game play, and it's much more realistic, but I'm disappointed that none of the little errors have been fixed:

-If you start in the CHL, the NHL rules don't come into effect when you make the pros. This means you always go off the ice immediately if you lose a helmet, icing doesn't keep players on the ice.

-The PP statistics only registering if you start the PP on the ice. I'm tired of my team having a ridiculously high PP% and a ridiculously low PK%.

It's almost as bad as going an entire year without patching the OTL points thing in '10.

Also, there seems to be a really strange error in this version where sometimes, if you come on the ice during play, all the other players are just standing around looking at the puck and waiting for something to happen. If you don't pick it up, the ref eventually just blows the whistle. Anyone else had this?

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Patchey*

Won the calder with 46 points my first year with the Avs. I was on the second line with Duchene and Landeskog.

I'm a 73 overall sniper in the second season.

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Score 120 points in my first season as a playmaking RW, went from 69 overall to 89 overall.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Score 120 points in my first season as a playmaking RW, went from 69 overall to 89 overall.
How is that even possible

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
How is that even possible
Same thing happened to me, as a sniper though went from whatever you start out at to an 89 after a season.

LemieuxFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
Same thing happened to me, as a sniper though went from whatever you start out at to an 89 after a season.
Just randomly? What was your stat line?

Old
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Alright so I started out in my draft year with the Mooseheads as a RW TWF, leading scorer in the league, lost in the 3rd round of the playoffs against Sherbrooke, ended up like a 78 overall after that.

Drafted 1st overall by Colorado, send me back to junior without playing preseason.

No big deal, tear up junior again. Lead league in points, win President's Cup and then win Memorial Cup. End up like an 84 overall at the end of the year. Check to see how the Avs made out. They got rid of Duchene (Minnesota), Johnson (Anaheim), Stastny (Phoenix), O'Reilly (Philly), Landeskog (Washington), and Varlamov (Chicago) at the beginning of the season pretty much. Ended the year 10-64-8. I'm completely shocked and want out of the organization. Ask for a trade, need to prove myself, no problem. Only good guy left is Parenteau.

I check my overall, and it's down to 77 (WTF). I just got it to 84, no way I lost that much of my development in 3 months. I have a good year and finish my rookie year with 50 points. Thing is, they traded Parenteau to Chicago in January. We had Pickard in net, 69 overall, as a starter. Our average rated forward was 71. My AHL team in be a gm could roll this team. End the season 12-68-2. I finished second in rookie scoring. Ask for trade. No dice, need to prove myself. Trade Siemens away to Ottawa. Retire because I'm so fed up.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Propane Nightmares
Like a rock

I'm going to give goalie mode one more chance, playing for Halifax since they have Mackinnon

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Propane Nightmares
Like a rock

Well that wasn't too bad, won 3-2 in OT against Cape Breton, 19 shots 2 goals

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

I think I made a mistake selecting the youngest possible age for juniors... I don't know if I can do the whole season that many times. I've already started skipping over about 2-3 games then playing 1. I'm playing on rookie but I've got 70+ goals and 50+ assists at around January.

I can't wait to get to the playoffs (probably going to do that tonight) and then the Memorial Cup.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I think I made a mistake selecting the youngest possible age for juniors... I don't know if I can do the whole season that many times. I've already started skipping over about 2-3 games then playing 1. I'm playing on rookie but I've got 70+ goals and 50+ assists at around January.

I can't wait to get to the playoffs (probably going to do that tonight) and then the Memorial Cup.
Yeah, I always make the same mistake too, since getting most exp by the time im drafted always pulls me in. You could always sim the first season, then just play the 2nd of chl and still be ahead of where you would be if you didn't.

Diamondillium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

I always start from 16 years old, I only play a few games a season but intervene quite a bit. Adds a realism to the game.

in my 17 year old season now, McGinnis(my guy) has 26 goals and 27 assists at about 38/39 games. Was hoping he'd get bigger after his 16 year old season, but only grew an inch(to 6'4). Going for an Eric Lindros type player.

I thought the team would suck since a lot of guys got replaced by random 17 year olds, but we are actually in first in our conference surprisingly.

He's the captain as well.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Yeah, I always make the same mistake too, since getting most exp by the time im drafted always pulls me in. You could always sim the first season, then just play the 2nd of chl and still be ahead of where you would be if you didn't.
I'm too attached to quit now

I always start out in BAP modes by being a sniper just to get a feel for the mode then after I'll make a d-man or playmaker. I'm interested in trying out all those different styles of forwards even. I wanna try a grinder at some point.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I'm too attached to quit now

I always start out in BAP modes by being a sniper just to get a feel for the mode then after I'll make a d-man or playmaker. I'm interested in trying out all those different styles of forwards even. I wanna try a grinder at some point.
Do grinders go high in the draft? Seems like in reality, the skill guys, even with moderate potential, always get preference over grinders. Wonder how that translates into the game

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Do grinders go high in the draft? Seems like in reality, the skill guys, even with moderate potential, always get preference over grinders. Wonder how that translates into the game
Curious to see that as well!

Old
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Started a BAP with John Gibson. Got lit up in 4 exhibition games with the Ducks. Received the message saying I was being sent back to Kitchener (which is where I wanted to spend the year)...for some reason I started the first regular season game for Anaheim and also scheduled to start games 3 and 4?

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

What a year, better than I expected it to go.

Raised my ppg up about .35 in the second half of the year, finished with (well two games left) 52 goals and 50 assists. Led the league in points and goals. Only guy within 15 points was Gaunce, he has 97 I think. Won the goal race by 20 or more.

Figure that's about as well as someone can do when playing 3 games out of 68.

Anyone else only sim for the most part and gotten a lot more?

Old
09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
AnybOdy know the camera mode that jumps close to your play when you get in the offensive zone? Pisses me off to be so far

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Just randomly? What was your stat line?
I scored 50 goals and dished out 70 assists.

Won the Ted Lindsay, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart, Conn Smythe and the Stanley cup.

This 20 point jump makes a lot more sense, since I was doing more in NHL11/12 but only went from 69 overall to about 75-76 overall the next season. This is with me playing a ton of games too.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
I scored 50 goals and dished out 70 assists.

Won the Ted Lindsay, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Hart, Conn Smythe and the Stanley cup.

This 20 point jump makes a lot more sense, since I was doing more in NHL11/12 but only went from 69 overall to about 75-76 overall the next season. This is with me playing a ton of games too.
That's awesome, I might start over and try and play more like that.

After my 104 point draft year, I went down 9 overall when I got to the nhl. Kinda ticked.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
That's awesome, I might start over and try and play more like that.

After my 104 point draft year, I went down 9 overall when I got to the nhl. Kinda ticked.
Too much partying?

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Must have been. Attitude issues always come with those young superstars.