HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Lockout Signings (Part I)

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 12:55 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sniper Cele View Post
Thanks! So as of right now they have zero lockout players signed with them?

I figured especially with Fedorov running the team now that they'd pick up a least a few NHLers.
it takes time until contract is registered in KHL, IMO 24 or 48 since signed by player. Club announced these singings:

Višňovský (Slovan Bratislava),
Malkin, Gonchar, Kulyomin (Magnitogorsk),
Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky (Donbass Doneck),
Daugavinš (Dinamo Riga),
Kovalchuk (SKA),
G Niklas Bäckström (D.Minsk) - only verbal deal,
Hudler, Voráček (HC LEV Praha)

Old
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
They really want Ovechkin, but it looks like he's going to Dynamo. Bryzgalov may be signing with CSKA very soon.
Bryzgalov might actually be the last player in the league I'd want to travel all the way to Russia to see play.

Come on Sergei, sign some badass dudes.

Old
09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
it takes time until contract is registered in KHL, IMO 24 or 48 since signed by player. Club announced these singings:

Višňovský (Slovan Bratislava),
Malkin, Gonchar, Kulyomin (Magnitogorsk),
Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky (Donbass Doneck),
Daugavinš (Dinamo Riga),
Kovalchuk (SKA),
G Niklas Bäckström (D.Minsk) - only verbal deal,
Hudler, Voráček (HC LEV Praha)
Wow, Hudler has already been announced? Thanks for the info, I thought only Voráček was "official".

Old
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Fataldogg

Glad to see all of these players give up on CBA negotiations and sign else where.

It appears they're making 100% effort to get the NHL underway for the 12-13 season.

Bettman openly said they're available 24-7 and the players of the NHLPA would rather sign in Europe they get serious about CBA negotiations.

It shows the players are looking for nothing more than a pay day.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Glad to see all of these players give up on CBA negotiations and sign else where.

It appears they're making 100% effort to get the NHL underway for the 12-13 season.

Bettman openly said they're available 24-7 and the players of the NHLPA would rather sign in Europe they get serious about CBA negotiations.

Their job is to play hockey and while they're locked out they can't play in the NHL. Not their fault.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Their job is to play hockey and while they're locked out they can't play in the NHL. Not their fault.
Disagreed. They're not making the effort I'd anticipate to play hockey in the NHL. It doesn't make sense, especially, considering they are losing money through the lock out.

If they were committed to seeing the NHL 12-13 season happen, we would be reading about negotiation attempts at least once a week. They're busy signing to the KHL and SEL rather than pushing for ice hockey in North America.

And with Fehr dealing with the rest of it, nothing is going to change.

I know a lot of people are pro-NHLPA, but when I see most super star players that this thread has listed (Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Thornton, Malkin, Nash, Lundqvist, Jagr, Selanne, etc.) giving up and already considering signing else where, it doesn't show me they were committed to the negotiation process.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:18 PM
timmeh

Quote:
Disagreed. They're not making the effort I'd anticipate to play hockey in the NHL. It doesn't make sense, especially, considering they are losing money through the lock out.

If they were committed to seeing the NHL 12-13 season happen, we would be reading about negotiation attempts at least once a week. They're busy signing to the KHL and SEL rather than pushing for ice hockey in North America.

I know a lot of people are pro-NHLPA, but when I see most super star players that this thread has listed (Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Thornton, Malkin, Nash, Lundqvist, Jagr, Selanne, etc.) giving up and already considering signing else where, it doesn't show me they were committed to the negotiation process.
Not all players were involved in the negotiations from the beginning. Why would they wait to do something they love? Also in SEL, most Swedish players are are willing to play for free. Can't really call them greedy then, can you?

Old
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:

As timmeh above me said, many of these players are playing for free or for some ridiculous amount of money. As far as I know: in Kladno Jagr plays for free and without insurance, Plekanec plays for 1 czech crown (= 5 american cents).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
Right about now I am your source, you either take it or you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
Sport-Express.ru reports, that Alex Ovechkin will join Dynamo Moscow
Haha, good call mr. CCCP!

Last edited by kudymen: 09-18-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
russianhockey

Sport-Express.ru reports, that Alex Ovechkin will join Dynamo Moscow

Old
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
russianhockey

source: http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-09-18/534921/

Old
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Haha, good call mr. CCCP!
Thanks!

Old
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
russianhockey

An other convenient picture of Alex Ovechkin

Old
09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
kaiser matias

RIA Novosti, the Russian state news agency, is saying Yakupov's KHL future should be decided Wednesday:

KHL: Yakupov's Lockout Fate 'to be Decided Wednesday'

Quote:
The lockout fate of the NHL's No. 1 draft pick Nail Yakupov will be decided Wednesday, an official with the Russian team trying to sign him told R-Sport on Tuesday.

Yakupov's Edmonton Oilers said it had assigned the 18-year-old forward to the Sarnia Sting, a Canadian major junior team, where he racked up 170 points in 107 games before being drafted in June.

But Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, the KHL team where Yakupov spent his formative years, insisted that was still far from being a done deal.

“Negotiations with Yakupov’s agent and the team are still being held. Let’s wait for one more day,” general director Rafik Yakubov told R-Sport.

Old
09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

hearing some Backes to Langnau rumors...any insighty here?

Quote:

what do you think they should do? staying as long as the lockout lasts in NY city, standing behind Fehr and look like its raining every day?
IMO its good that these guys obviously love this game and just want to play
and don`t forget some of the guys on your list don`t have much NHL hockey left in the tank...what should they wait for? they`ve already seen bs like this before and know that good old Gary won`t be intimidated even if 500 players are on the next PA meeting

Old
09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Yvanoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Inside Langnau's source said to local swiss newspaper that Langnau need offense and are interested in landing Backes. So just interest from Langnau, nothing done !

Old
09-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Darth Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
Not all players were involved in the negotiations from the beginning. Why would they wait to do something they love? Also in SEL, most Swedish players are are willing to play for free. Can't really call them greedy then, can you?
Plus, most players don't want to sit around all year and miss a year's experience of playing hockey. I don't see anything wrong with them looking for jobs elsewhere. And if they don't sign on now as the other leagues are starting their seasons, they might not find places to play. I'm sure that the number of teams willing to take on players mid-season is less than 100% of what it is now.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
WeberStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
According to their GM, there haven't been any negotioations between Langnau and any NHL players.

Link is in german:
http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...Klubs-21341336

Old
09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Datsyuk to Ak Bars, again

Old
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Are those pics of Ovechkin from the last couple days? Thought he couldn't grow the beard out anymore because of his sponsors? I'm convinced once he grows that beard back he will score 50 again .

Also, what's with the #10? Someone take #8?

Old
09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Disagreed. They're not making the effort I'd anticipate to play hockey in the NHL.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of us know the effort that is required by an individual player. I'm doubting location has much to do with it though.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:30 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Is it just me, or would Yakupov be better off in the KHL development-wise (not to mention financially)? I'm not sure if he can develop much more than he has at the junior level.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:33 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Giroux? Wow. That would be sick.

I think Harnell is likely, he has already stated that he would like to return and play for the club once more in his career. And he might talk to Giroux and try to convince him to come too. Harnell has been in Norway several times after last lockout too. We'll see, I'll definitely go to VIF games if they can get someone.
It is more likely if they come over that they will play in Finland, Hartnell is a part owner of FEL club Kalpa. The style of play and rink size is also a bonus for FEL to get NA players.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Are those pics of Ovechkin from the last couple days? Thought he couldn't grow the beard out anymore because of his sponsors? I'm convinced once he grows that beard back he will score 50 again .

Also, what's with the #10? Someone take #8?
Yeah, #8 is taken.
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=100449

Old
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsey View Post
So when is EA putting out roster updates?
Ive already made a separate roster file and done all the moves as they happen

will likely do a season in the Swiss League with all the moves

Old
09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:

So the owners that aren't at every meeting are at fault too? This is why Mr.Bettman and Mr.Fehr have jobs.

Stop thinking that all players just want more money, and start thinking about the fact that these men still have bills, families, and other things that require money coming in.

Closed Thread