HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Period Four Closes 9/30] [Part Two] COL Open

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
  #176
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 1050
If I don't get my games in before like 1030 11 tonight can I play the CPU for those games?

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
  #177
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
If I don't get my games in before like 1030 11 tonight can I play the CPU for those games?
Meaning your team be the computer or your opponent?

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
  #178
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Meaning your team be the computer or your opponent?
As in if it gets close to the deadline for the end of the period am I able to play the CPU against SJS and ANH. Im user they would be CPU

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
  #179
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
As in if it gets close to the deadline for the end of the period am I able to play the CPU against SJS and ANH. Im user they would be CPU
that's up to the GM of those teams. They have to turn on CPU control. I don't think you can just play their computer.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
  #180
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
that's up to the GM of those teams. They have to turn on CPU control. I don't think you can just play their computer.
Correct, as far as I can tell.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
  #181
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
that's up to the GM of those teams. They have to turn on CPU control. I don't think you can just play their computer.
Really? I thought you could just hit play user or play CPU when you go to those games? That sucks though I was on almost all day yesterday and am likely going to be on all day today and I can't get a game in. It's whatever I suppose

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
  #182
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Really? I thought you could just hit play user or play CPU when you go to those games? That sucks though I was on almost all day yesterday and am likely going to be on all day today and I can't get a game in. It's whatever I suppose
Why would those teams want their CPU's to play against you? That is, in all likelihood, a disadvantage for them.

Jray42 is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
  #183
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Really? I thought you could just hit play user or play CPU when you go to those games? That sucks though I was on almost all day yesterday and am likely going to be on all day today and I can't get a game in. It's whatever I suppose
Anaheim said he'd be on today.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM
  #184
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Why would those teams want their CPU's to play against you? That is, in all likelihood, a disadvantage for them.
Logistically, it can be a bit tricky to line up east and west coast matchups though--particularly on weeknights.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  #185
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Why would those teams want their CPU's to play against you? That is, in all likelihood, a disadvantage for them.
The point is I'm on and available to play and the teams I'm playing against are not. If the period is going to be advanced by the end of the night then I want to get my games in, and would expect the same if I were not available an hour before the end of the period as well.

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  #186
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Why would those teams want their CPU's to play against you? That is, in all likelihood, a disadvantage for them.
In theory I'd like for teams to have their CPU set on at the end of the period but I understand that it's unrealistic to have everyone turn it on. People shouldn't be punished when they're online.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
  #187
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Anaheim said he'd be on today.
Right he said 1AM - 130. if you are advancing at midnight then the game will be simmed anyway

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
  #188
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
In theory I'd like for teams to have their CPU set on at the end of the period but I understand that it's unrealistic to have everyone turn it on. People shouldn't be punished when they're online.
Right. The problem is that you can't set it to only allow games to be played against you sometimes, and while people who are going to be gone for a week should set it up for that week, I don't think we're going to catch everyone.

We're simming half the games anyway.

EDIT: It's a tough situation. Oilers have a reasonable complaint--but if you're on the West Coast, you might not be able to play until quite late. I think some simming is inevitable, even in these early windows. All we can reasonably do is try to prioritize the hardest games to match up, and perhaps over the course of the next few weeks, we'll get a better sense of who plays when, etc.

I'd suggest that, at the beginning of each new window, everyone sends a message to the teams they have--or, at east, the teams they haven't played before, to work out a tentative plan.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
  #189
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Right he said 1AM - 130. if you are advancing at midnight then the game will be simmed anyway
He meant like last night he was on until then. He said he'd be on in the afternoon today.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  #190
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Right. The problem is that you can't set it to only allow games to be played against you sometimes, and while people who are going to be gone for a week should set it up for that week, I don't think we're going to catch everyone.

We're simming half the games anyway.
You can't just turn it on for one day and then turn it off the next? Honor code that you don't play the computer unless the team says they won't be on that last day or something.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
  #191
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
He meant like last night he was on until then. He said he'd be on in the afternoon today.
Reading comprehension fail. Apologies.

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:18 PM
  #192
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
You can't just turn it on for one day and then turn it off the next? Honor code that you don't play the computer unless the team says they won't be on that last day or something.
You can, but I suspect that the people who aren't getting their match-ups in are probably the ones who don't play every day.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
  #193
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
I'm confused. Why are our first set of games simming today if the league was supposed to start today? My limited availability was because I thought the league was starting today.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:41 PM
  #194
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'm confused. Why are our first set of games simming today if the league was supposed to start today? My limited availability was because I thought the league was starting today.
It's explained above--but basically, we didn't know trades wouldn't go through instantly, so we decided to not count the first window toward the 20 games played--so that people could use the players that they traded for for their whole "playable" season (of 20 + 10 games).

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
  #195
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'm confused. Why are our first set of games simming today if the league was supposed to start today? My limited availability was because I thought the league was starting today.
We found out that we need to advance a period before trades go through, so this first period is very small so that even if some games are simmed, it wont be many.

Im around to play our game today if you are though, what time works for you?

thelos is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
  #196
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
It's explained above--but basically, we didn't know trades wouldn't go through instantly, so we decided to not count the first window toward the 20 games played--so that people could use the players that they traded for for their whole "playable" season (of 20 + 10 games).
I see. So does this first window of games not count then? If so, why does everyone sound so stressed? Lol.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM
  #197
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I see. So does this first window of games not count then? If so, why does everyone sound so stressed? Lol.
counts towards our 82 game schedule, but not for the 20 games played.

thelos is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
  #198
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
We found out that we need to advance a period before trades go through, so this first period is very small so that even if some games are simmed, it wont be many.

Im around to play our game today if you are though, what time works for you?
I have time for a game or two now, then like 11 EST tonight I'll be around.

Wait, are we only allowed to play 20 of our games? I'm lost.

I'm playing the Oilers now, Stars if you want in invite me after my game.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  #199
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I have time for a game or two now, then like 11 EST tonight I'll be around.

Wait, are we only allowed to play 20 of our games? I'm lost.

I'm playing the Oilers now, Stars if you want in invite me after my game.
The first 20 are being played, this set is not being counted towards that. The next 50whatever are being simmed and then we're playing the last 10 + playoffs, IIRC.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 02:05 PM
  #200
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I have time for a game or two now, then like 11 EST tonight I'll be around.

Wait, are we only allowed to play 20 of our games? I'm lost.

I'm playing the Oilers now, Stars if you want in invite me after my game.
Ill go get on now for a game

thelos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.