HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Period Four Closes 9/30] [Part Two] COL Open

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 02:10 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
Ill go get on now for a game
I'm on, invite me when you're ready.

So I'm kind of frustrated with this game for two reasons:

1) Cross ice goals do not go in because goalies are glitched. Proof:

2) Every weak wrister I face goes in, apparently Hiller is allergic to them, and mine do not go in. I'm about to smash this game, I've played every one on 360 and have never been this frustrated with a game.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I have time for a game or two now, then like 11 EST tonight I'll be around.

Wait, are we only allowed to play 20 of our games? I'm lost.

I'm playing the Oilers now, Stars if you want in invite me after my game.
At the beginning of the season, and then 10 to end the season followed by the playoffs. It allows us to play more seasons.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I'm on, invite me when you're ready.

So I'm kind of frustrated with this game for two reasons:

1) Cross ice goals do not go in because goalies are glitched. Proof:

2) Every weak wrister I face goes in, apparently Hiller is allergic to them, and mine do not go in. I'm about to smash this game, I've played every one on 360 and have never been this frustrated with a game.
Eh, the goalies are tough in some ways, but they let in far more "bad" goals than in previous years. On balance, I'm happy with the game play--which isn't to say its perfect.

My main pet peeve is that you cannot see the results of your trade proposals in GM mode--whether they've been read, declined, or even accepted. Meaning you're reliant on the other person to let you know via message before either countering or using the same assets elsewhere.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Eh, the goalies are tough in some ways, but they let in far more "bad" goals than in previous years. On balance, I'm happy with the game play--which isn't to say its perfect.

My main pet peeve is that you cannot see the results of your trade proposals in GM mode--whether they've been read, declined, or even accepted. Meaning you're reliant on the other person to let you know via message before either countering or using the same assets elsewhere.
Yep, I probably should have wrote down every trade that I approved but sadly I didn't. I'm pretty sure that every thing has gone through to me though.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Yep, I probably should have wrote down every trade that I approved but sadly I didn't. I'm pretty sure that every thing has gone through to me though.
But that's only the ones that were accepted, right? not the ones that were declined or ignored?

Old
09-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
But that's only the ones that were accepted, right? not the ones that were declined or ignored?
Correct.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
I've almost completely given up on cross ice goals. 80 pct of the time they get broken up by the d or the one receiving the pass misses it. The 10 pct or so that go through almost always get stopped by the fastest man in the world. You just have to shoot a lot or work through the D to get a break.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I've almost completely given up on cross ice goals. 80 pct of the time they get broken up by the d or the one receiving the pass misses it. The 10 pct or so that go through almost always get stopped by the fastest man in the world. You just have to shoot a lot or work through the D to get a break.
I've had a bit of success, but only when I'm dropping the puck back as well as a cross the ice. If it is moving to the goal, I haven't been able to consistently get the receiving player in the proper position to receive and one-time it.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I scored on one or two against Boston, haven't been able to do it in any other game though haha.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I scored on one or two against Boston, haven't been able to do it in any other game though haha.
I think Thomas gets out of position--I potted three like that against the Bruins in another league.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Quote:
I think Thomas gets out of position--I potted three like that against the Bruins in another league.
Sorry Boston, cats out of the bag...

Old
09-18-2012, 02:29 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Just had one scored on me lol. I think I'm about to smash this game. I'm not a sore loser, but I really feel ripped off sometimes. It just seems like my goalie is mentally challenged and I'm playing against Hasek every game.

I think the people I've played against can vouch that there have been some strange happenings in our games.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Sorry Boston, cats out of the bag...
His aggressiveness rating is 92, while is speed is only 84. By comparison, Bryz has 88 for aggressiveness, and 85 for speed.

In other words, I have no idea whether there's really a difference, but it would make sense if there was.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:39 PM
thelos
Bunk

Yeah I had one cross ice goal against you, buy other two were floaters from the point. I think you hit at least 1 post. It can be frustrating but you were playing well , don't give up.

:3 :0

Hard hitting game,
Beauchemin was a casualty, sorry man.

Quote:
Just had one scored on me lol. I think I'm about to smash this game. I'm not a sore loser, but I really feel ripped off sometimes. It just seems like my goalie is mentally challenged and I'm playing against Hasek every game.

I think the people I've played against can vouch that there have been some strange happenings in our games.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:42 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

agreed about cross crease passes. shouldn't be such a high save percentage. They also need to fix the amount of unscreened wristers from barely past the blue line. it's a joke.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
agreed about cross crease passes. shouldn't be such a high save percentage. They also need to fix the amount of unscreened wristers from barely past the blue line. it's a joke.
Not when Bryz is your goalie.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Jack de la Hoya

I don't know. I kind of like the uncertainty.

NHL 12 felt a lot more predictable by comparison. The same set ups always produced goals, and there was often only so much you could do to stop it. It was far too easy to pass across the ice, there weren't nearly enough "dirty" goals, etc.

I don't think I've been in a game with more than 8 goals total--the save percentages have to be relatively awful for the game to generate realistic scores on 5 min. periods.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
I love the fact that more wrist shots are goals in this game.

Last year, while in a shootout, the only way to score was to deke. It was vitally impossible to score with a shot, which I found unrealistic. Now a good wrister is almost as good as a deke.

I play Shootout mode a lot, and I find myself one of the only ones who come out to challenge and slowly back in like irl when I'm the goalie, instead of the people who sit in butterfly at the back of the net. Now I just snipe their top corner when they do that, so easy

Old
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Gonna post this again for those who haven't seen it.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3#post54378423

Roster and Trade Block Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I love the fact that more wrist shots are goals in this game.

Last year, while in a shootout, the only way to score was to deke. It was vitally impossible to score with a shot, which I found unrealistic. Now a good wrister is almost as good as a deke.

I play Shootout mode a lot, and I find myself one of the only ones who come out to challenge and slowly back in like irl when I'm the goalie, instead of the people who sit in butterfly at the back of the net. Now I just snipe their top corner when they do that, so easy
Yeah in real hockey shots can go in from anywhere and not everything is highlight real. This game does kinda feel like real NHL, but hopefully EA keeps working on the sliders to make it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
I have gotten 1 two games in a row now, I think the issue is that in NHL12 they were too good and we are all too used to them being extremely good. It makes sense if a D man breaks up a cross crease pass, or that a goalie poke checks it, but they still can work if the timing is right

Old
09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:

I'm sure you will beat me tonight if we get to play.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
thelos
Bunk

: 5 : 0

Unfortunately, Boston seem to be lagging, and Thomas let in a couple of funky goals. GG anyway man.

Fortunately, Benn broke his goalless drought with his 1st of the season. Surprisingly Daley has stepped up as my number 1 D man over Goligoski, who hasn't played too well offensively

Old
09-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Time to start an onslaught of people posting who they'll have to play but here's my schedule for the second period. PM me with when you're available and we can set up some game times.

It should be October 24th-November 6th:

Canadiens
Maple Leafs
Sabres
Stars
Devils
Ducks
Rangers
Sabres

On another note, can you guys look at your schedule and tell me what period you'll play your 20th game in? Period two is October 24th-November 6th, Period three is November 7th-20th, Period four is November 21st-December 4th. Period five is December 5th-18th

I play my 20th game on December 4th, the last day of period four.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:36 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I'm sure you will beat me tonight if we get to play.
Honestly dude, I cannot score. I hit posts, shoot high, or just get robbed. I'm really not trying to complain but it is frustrating the hell out of me, especially since I know what I'm doing and can play hockey games really well. I played the Oilers, he beat me fair and square and outscored me 3-2 on good goals. But he scored 5 goals on random wristers, whereas not one of mine went in. And they haven't in 3 games. No slap shots, no wristers, anything. I want to slit my throat lol. HUT's been the same way recently.

Oh, and everyone watch that video I posted. Seriously, it's absurd.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

For period 2 games I have to play:

Islanders
Flyers
Ducks
Bruins
Blackhawks

*I have a pretty open schedule so if you can tell me what time and what day you're free, I can pretty much guaruntee I'll be around to play it as long as it isn't during football games.

And I play my 20th game, not counting the ones we played before Sept 18th, is Dec 6th, period five

Closed Thread