HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions) Part 2

Old
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Yeah man, you're pretty much around the corner from me when I decide to get a box or two.

By the way, was scrolling through my iPod yesterday and came across some Fidel Cash Flo. Thought you'd get a kick out of it.
Hahahah, absolute classic!! Yeah dude at least we don't have to ship them.

I have a question, I'm anal about organization and everything, so, I put all the cards in team order then the teams in alphabetical order, but I don't know what to do with them now since if I put them in the plastic pockets I'd have to undo them all to add new cards... Do I just wait till I have the full set to put them in the plastic pockets? What do you guys do?

jasonthenicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:50 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthenicest View Post
Hahahah, absolute classic!! Yeah dude at least we don't have to ship them.

I have a question, I'm anal about organization and everything, so, I put all the cards in team order then the teams in alphabetical order, but I don't know what to do with them now since if I put them in the plastic pockets I'd have to undo them all to add new cards... Do I just wait till I have the full set to put them in the plastic pockets? What do you guys do?
I put mine in pockets, organized by card number 1-500. I leave a space for whatever cards I'm missing.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:00 AM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

Quote:
I put mine in pockets, organized by card number 1-500. I leave a space for whatever cards I'm missing.
Does that make it organized by team? Like for example are the Devils cards #30-45 ?

I want this card...

Old
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Does that make it organized by team? Like for example are the Devils cards #30-45 ?

I want this card...

I haven't checked the checklist for this years set, but 2011 Score did organize the numbers by team.

1-35 were a season highlight subset for lack of a better word.
36-485 were organized by team, alphabetically. The individual players are organized by position, F, D or G.
486-500 are another highlight subset.
501-550 are a rookie set.
551-570 are a top/rare rookie set.

Then theres 10 more subsets (making an entrance, net cam, etc.) which I'm not even close to completing.

Old
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

Quote:
I haven't checked the checklist for this years set, but 2011 Score did organize the numbers by team.

1-35 were a season highlight subset for lack of a better word.
36-485 were organized by team, alphabetically. The individual players are organized by position, F, D or G.
486-500 are another highlight subset.
501-550 are a rookie set.
551-570 are a top/rare rookie set.

Then theres 10 more subsets (making an entrance, net cam, etc.) which I'm not even close to completing.
Yeah it looks like it's the same this year... http://www.donruss.com/checklists.cfm

Such a good idea! Thanks dude. Also everywhere I go to buy pages the pages suck and are so thin and like just bad, I had a bunch from back in the day which were awesome and thick and not sticky, What kind of pages do you use?

Old
09-10-2012, 01:23 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Yeah it looks like it's the same this year... http://www.donruss.com/checklists.cfm

Such a good idea! Thanks dude. Also everywhere I go to buy pages the pages suck and are so thin and like just bad, I had a bunch from back in the day which were awesome and thick and not sticky, What kind of pages do you use?
I used Ultra Pro Platinum sheets. I think Hobby Masters sells them. It's like 15 bucks for 100 sheets or something. They hold up well. I've never had a problem with them.

With the subsets, two boxes of 100 sheets should last 3 years worth of sets.

Old
09-10-2012, 10:35 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I've already got 70+ doubles due to my first two boxes being almost identical but I'll post what I have in here as I plan on buying some blaster boxes tomorrow when I pick up NHL 13. I'm already hitting the other message boards hard as the Check It, Team Score and Franchise cards are extremely rare and are gonna be a severe pain

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Rockaway Target doesn't have them yet and I traded most of my doubles away today but I'm sure my pile will grow once again

Old
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
apice3*

I just bought two boxes. I should get them Thursday or Friday. I will post my dups.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Approximately how many hockey cards do you guys own? Just curious.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I've got maybe 2,000 from the Score sets, 200-300 assorted Devil rookie, game used and autograph cards and maybe 50 more random game used/autograph cards I've picked up from buying random packs

Old
09-19-2012, 12:56 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I just started hockey card collecting this summer. I got about 400-500 Score cards from the 2011 set, not counting duplicates. I'll probably have around 300-350 after I open these two boxes.

Me and my dad used to be big into baseball cards. We estimated how many cards we have a couple years ago. Somewhere between 60-75k.

Old
09-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
I just started hockey card collecting this summer. I got about 400-500 Score cards from the 2011 set, not counting duplicates. I'll probably have around 300-350 after I open these two boxes.

Me and my dad used to be big into baseball cards. We estimated how many cards we have a couple years ago. Somewhere between 60-75k.
Holy shiznit.

I started collecting some last year (had some as a kid, but that was a long time ago and only God knows where they are; unfortunately for me, after the WCH in Slovakia) and got some regular cards (UD/Score/Ultra). Now I`m focusing on rookie cards, certain players and/or sets. It`s fun, but I`m still not willing to spend too much on a box/high-priced card.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
apice3*

i got out of card collecting because of the prices but p4p/jpp got me into this score series. Boxes cost 30 bucks for 36 packs of 7 cards. Individual packs cost a buck. My plan is to start bringing a bunch of cards to games to get signed afterwards. Ill probably start going to the visitor side and just meet all the guys around the league instead of just devils players. **** the rangers though.

Old
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM
apice3*

Opened both boxes today. I pulled then Henrique base card on the 72nd and final pack. Easily the most happy I've been pulling a base card in a while. Got lucky and pulled a Calvin de Haan autograph.

I'll send you two PMs either tonight or tomorrow when I sort through my duplicates. Here's a quick start from the subsets:

Duplicates of:
Hot Rookies - 504 Silfverberg, 508 Nolan, 510 Foucault, 514 Cizikas, 518 Baertschi, 521 Schwartz, 525 Hunwick, 530 Prout, 535 Aliu, 539 Welsh, 544 Allen, 548 Stone.

The Franchise (Retro) - 1 Bucyk, 3 Bower, 4 Beliveau, 6 Hull.

Interesting things to note. Like JPP said, the collation is pretty bad. Lots of streaks of cards checked off and lots unchecked. When I opened my 2nd box, pretty much every pack had one of three results: (1) All 7 cards were new cards, (2) 6 of the 7 cards were duplicates with the 7th card (gold card) being a new card every single time, or (3) 5 of the 7 cards were duplicates, with the 6th card (subset) and 7th card (gold card) being a new card. Just thought it was kind of weird.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

Quote:
Opened both boxes today. I pulled then Henrique base card on the 72nd and final pack. Easily the most happy I've been pulling a base card in a while. Got lucky and pulled a Calvin de Haan autograph.

I'll send you two PMs either tonight or tomorrow when I sort through my duplicates. Here's a quick start from the subsets:

Duplicates of:
Hot Rookies - 504 Silfverberg, 508 Nolan, 510 Foucault, 514 Cizikas, 518 Baertschi, 521 Schwartz, 525 Hunwick, 530 Prout, 535 Aliu, 539 Welsh, 544 Allen, 548 Stone.

The Franchise (Retro) - 1 Bucyk, 3 Bower, 4 Beliveau, 6 Hull.

Interesting things to note. Like JPP said, the collation is pretty bad. Lots of streaks of cards checked off and lots unchecked. When I opened my 2nd box, pretty much every pack had one of three results: (1) All 7 cards were new cards, (2) 6 of the 7 cards were duplicates with the 7th card (gold card) being a new card every single time, or (3) 5 of the 7 cards were duplicates, with the 6th card (subset) and 7th card (gold card) being a new card. Just thought it was kind of weird.
Got your PM dude, and I just bought 3 more 9.99 boxes at Target last night opened and organized just need to write down my dupes for you, we will get to swapping soon. Finally pulled a Team Future and Marty net cam!

Old
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
apice3*

yeah i pulled a couturier team future card. Anything good in the blaster boxes at target? How many boxes have you bought and roughly how many of each subset come in a box? In my two 36pack boxes, i pulled one team future, two team score, three or four net cams, and two ofthe franchise cards which are very nice this year.

Old
09-22-2012, 06:05 PM
apice3*

Bought a couple blast boxes. Pulled another autograph Craig Smith.

I pretty much doubled the amount of duplicates I have. You two should just send me a list of what you need and I'll look through mine.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:09 PM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

Quote:
yeah i pulled a couturier team future card. Anything good in the blaster boxes at target? How many boxes have you bought and roughly how many of each subset come in a box? In my two 36pack boxes, i pulled one team future, two team score, three or four net cams, and two ofthe franchise cards which are very nice this year.
I've averaged almost the exact same as you on pulls.

Quote:
Bought a couple blast boxes. Pulled another autograph Craig Smith.

I pretty much doubled the amount of duplicates I have. You two should just send me a list of what you need and I'll look through mine.
Damn, I just sent you all my dupes.. Ill start to look through what I need out of the list you already gave me.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

I was searching the iTunes App store the other day in hopes of finding some kind of card collector app... No such luck... I was thinking how awesome it would be to be able to swipe through all different cards in organized sets... So I started to design an App interface for Score cards fit for the new iPhone 5 layout. It would be practically a Digital Checklist, you can share with friends and keep track of your own collection, could be a cool way to label your dupes also to share with friends, or send some cards to your "want to trade/want to sell" piles. Here's what I have so far...

Old
09-25-2012, 04:33 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I'll get organized tonight. None of the Targets near me have gotten blaster boxes yet

Old
09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
apice3*

Been trading on the SportsCardForum website. Once everything arrives, I'll have completed the 2011 Score Set and a few cards away from 2012.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

So I pmed apice an hour ago that I had yet to find a blaster box and sure enough my dad came home with 2 today. So once I crack those open I'll hit you both up.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:28 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

All the Adam Larsson redemption autographs are flooding ebay now. Must have gotten him to sign when he flew back in. Still waiting on a Couturier autograph I redeemed on Christmas though

Old
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
apice3*

How are you guys coming along with your sets?

I'm only missing 3 base cards, plus I have the gold version of 19 others that I want to swap out for regular base cards.

Missing 12 first goals, 5 net cams, 3 team score, and 13 franchises. Missing all but one of check it and team future.

Got a few duplicate inserts too from every subset except check it and team future. If you guys have any duplicates let me know and we can trade.