HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lockout Signings (Part I)

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Yvanoe

vCash: 500
http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/2012/09/18/couture_on_hc/

Couture confirms he's gonna play with the Genève Servette (Switzerland) !

Old
09-18-2012, 03:37 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsey View Post
So the owners that aren't at every meeting are at fault too? This is why Mr.Bettman and Mr.Fehr have jobs.

Stop thinking that all players just want more money, and start thinking about the fact that these men still have bills, families, and other things that require money coming in.
You have to admit. it is pretty discouraging

Old
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Nope, it's gonna be the Houston Aeros (Minnesota). More well-rounded team. All their prospects will be there.

I'd expect Eberle at the least and Hall probably should as well to sign with European clubs.
Eberle has already been assigned to OKC and has been interviewed about playing there. Hall hasn't been assigned to OKC because of injury but he likely will be. I can't see him splitting up with Ebs.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
russianhockey

Datsyuk -> Ak Bars

Old
09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
So the owners that aren't at every meeting are at fault too? This is why Mr.Bettman and Mr.Fehr have jobs.

Stop thinking that all players just want more money, and start thinking about the fact that these men still have bills, families, and other things that require money coming in.
Lmao. I have bills to pay to pay and a family too. I sure wish I had even 50 grand to sit back on. Give me a break man. That excuse don't work for millionaires.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Lmao. I have bills to pay to pay and a family too. I sure wish I had even 50 grand to sit back on. Give me a break man. That excuse don't work for millionaires.
Oh it don't? Think about the fact that some people who post on here could make more money than some 4th liners. Also do you know how much their bills are? You know they don't get all their money at the start of the season right?

EDIT: I should also make it clear that I am not on the player's side when it comes to CBA/Lockout, I am just defending why they might choose to play elsewhere.

Last edited by Kegsey: 09-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
Datsyuk -> Ak Bars
What happened to that official statement of not singing any NHL players during the lock-out?

Old
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
What happened to that official statement of not singing any NHL players during the lock-out?
They realized how stupid it would be to not sign Pavel Datsyuk?

Old
09-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:

You're right, these players have it tough. They're so far removed from the struggles an every day family has to face that it is hard for me to agree with you.

Sure, they might need money coming in to make a payment on their mansion or city loft (if they didn't buy it outright).

Listen, I am admittedly more on the side of the owners, but both sides share plenty of blame. I'm not happy that there is a lockout and players are signing else where. But it's hard for me to feel bad for these players under any circumstance.

Rather than seeing numerous superstars signing over seas, I'd like to see progression in the negotiation process. And I think that will be hard to do with the majority of the NHL's superstars already involved in a commitment.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Oh it don't? Think about the fact that some people who post on here could make more money than some 4th liners. Also do you know how much their bills are? You know they don't get all their money at the start of the season right?

EDIT: I should also make it clear that I am not on the player's side when it comes to CBA/Lockout, I am just defending why they might choose to play elsewhere.
Do you know anything about how much money a 4th liner makes? They make a league minimum of just under 500k. The average HF poster doesn't anywhere near that. I make about 1/11 of that. They have WAY more than enough money to support there families.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:12 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Radek Martinek, Martin Hanzal, Radek Dvorak, Andrew Ference and Vaclav Prospal all being rumored to join HC Ceske Budejovice. link: http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ...lanek&id=58038

Anton Stralman rumored to be going to Timra. link: http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...uter-inte-timr

Viktor Stalberg rumored to be going to Frolunda. Link: http://nyheter24.se/sport/hockey/eli...as-pa-frolunda

Old
09-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Do you know anything about how much money a 4th liner makes? They make a league minimum of just under 500k. The average HF poster doesn't anywhere near that. I make about 1/11 of that. They have WAY more than enough money to support there families.
Actually the league minimum is 525k. It's gone up from 180k pre lockout and 450k post lockout

Also, wonder how culture shock affects the canadian and american guys who are thrust into a situation where they can barely communicate with their teammates

Old
09-18-2012, 05:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Actually the league minimum is 525k. It's gone up from 180k pre lockout and 450k post lockout

Also, wonder how culture shock affects the canadian and american guys who are thrust into a situation where they can barely communicate with their teammates
I am not saying culture shock isn't there. But luckily large portions of Europe speak English pretty well. Don't think it can be near the shock of coming over here, were large portions of each Canada and USA don't know the language of the players coming over. I would assume the amount that speak or at least partially understand english to be a much higher percentage.

I cannot think of a Swedish, Finnish or Swiss player that came over that didn't already know english. I think that is a big difference.

Old
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Elever
Hth

The best European option for Canadian guys was honestly Sweden in terms of least cultural shock and being able to get by easily on just English. Too bad the SEL made that rule.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
The best European option for Canadian guys was honestly Sweden in terms of least cultural shock and being able to get by easily on just English. Too bad the SEL made that rule.
They're already "re-evaluating" their stance (per a Swedish poster a couple of pages back). They'll be signing NHLers soon just like everyone else.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
An other convenient picture of Alex Ovechkin
How recent is this picture? considering he has a beard, CCM gear.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
There's actually room for just three Canadians in the SEL right now, since a team is only allowed to have two players who aren't from a European Union nation.
Players with dual citizenship, like Carlo Colaiacovo (CAN/ITA), would not count against the limit, though.

List of non-EU players
AIK: Broc Little, Josh MacNevin
Brynäs: Ryan Gunderson
Frölunda: Doug Lynch
Färjestad: Jack Connolly, Chris Lee
HV71: Jason Krog, Rhett Rakhshani
Luleå: Cam Abbott, Chris Abbott
MODO: Kyle Cumiskey, Richie Regehr
Rögle: Mike Iggulden, Tom Preissing
Skellefteå: Bud Holloway, Ryan Vesce
Timrå: Mat Robinson
Växjö: Brad Moran, Noah Welch

Old
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
There's actually room for just three Canadians in the SEL right now, since a team is only allowed to have two players who aren't from a European Union nation.
Players with dual citizenship, like Carlo Colaiacovo (CAN/ITA), would not count against the limit, though.

List of non-EU players
AIK: Broc Little, Josh MacNevin
Brynäs: Ryan Gunderson
Frölunda: Doug Lynch
Färjestad: Jack Connolly, Chris Lee
HV71: Jason Krog, Rhett Rakhshani
Luleå: Cam Abbott, Chris Abbott
MODO: Kyle Cumiskey, Richie Regehr
Rögle: Mike Iggulden, Tom Preissing
Skellefteå: Bud Holloway, Ryan Vesce
Timrå: Mat Robinson
Växjö: Brad Moran, Noah Welch
I doubt it would be hard to loan most of those guys to lower level teams.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Glad to see all of these players give up on CBA negotiations and sign else where.

It appears they're making 100% effort to get the NHL underway for the 12-13 season.

Bettman openly said they're available 24-7 and the players of the NHLPA would rather sign in Europe they get serious about CBA negotiations.

It shows the players are looking for nothing more than a pay day.
That's just about the single most friggin' ridiculous thing I've heard on this board... and on this board, that's saying a lot.

Labor, oui... Management, non.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
He (Patrik Berglund) is playing with Västerås in Allsvenskan. It's a done lockout deal.
Source?

Old
09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12 View Post
Source: swiss hockey expert.
Got a real source for this?

Old
09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
They're already "re-evaluating" their stance (per a Swedish poster a couple of pages back). They'll be signing NHLers soon just like everyone else.
They're still receiving graphs from club owners showing possible revenue growth. Won't be long.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I doubt it would be hard to loan most of those guys to lower level teams.
I have a hard time seeing Luleå loan their captain or Växjö their assistant captain to Allsvenskan to make room for a player that will only play a few months in the club.

Most of the non-EU players also have high salaries, I think that could be a very big issue if you want to loan them to Allsvenskan or any other Swedish league.

Either way, sending your core players (most Non-EU players are top players on their teams) on loans for a few months to make room for NHL players doesn't seem like a very smart move and it will probably mess up the team spirit aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Source?
Here's a source (Västerås homepage), it is in Swedish though.

http://www.vik.se/index.php/alag/nyh...tillbaka-i-vik

Old
09-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Finland is equal in the "culture shock" department with Sweden though swedes speak english little bit better in general due to their own language beeing closer to english language. Playing in Switzerland and Germany for example is not a culture shock either.

Old
09-19-2012, 12:50 AM
xMARCStheSPOT

Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
With Couture going overseas as well, will other young stars follow? Skinner, etc?

Last edited by xMARCStheSPOT: 09-19-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Closed Thread